• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Wait, 2016-17? Uh-oh, the project plan was finished by December 2015. Do we have to throw that evidence out?
-Mario maker was 2015

-Japan release of rhythm heaven was 2015
NA realese rhythm heaven was 2016

-Ashley had some badge arcade stuff like the Majora's Mask badge arcade promo in 2015 (SiddShidds profile pic)

-Ashley 3ds Halloween theme was 2015

-some Barbara the bat game Ashley cameo'd in was 2015

-credible leaker claims Gold's development started in late 2015.

That being said the Crazy Galaxy was 2017 so that would get thrown out.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
-Mario maker was 2015

-Japan release of rhythm heaven was 2015
NA realese rhythm heaven was 2016

-Ashley had some badge arcade stuff like the Majora's Mask badge arcade promo in 2015 (SiddShidds profile pic)

-Ashley 3ds Halloween theme was 2015

-some Barbara the bat game Ashley cameo'd in was 2015

-credible leaker claims Gold's development started in late 2015.

That being said the Crazy Galaxy was 2017 so that would get thrown out.
I was soo spooked for a second, while Ashley loses some badges, atleast I dont have to dismiss it all now. Thanks!

But where does the Mii costume fit into this?

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I think we should be cautious with this pick

If Sakurai calls Ashley about joining, then she might hang up. This would leave Sakurai waiting and having to call her back. I just can’t garuntee that Ashley has a good shot, she’s already hung up on her friend Wario, and with Sakurai being a stranger, he may never be able to get a hold of her.
Nah! Ashley's got Sakurai on speed dial!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Wait, 2016-17? Uh-oh, the project plan was finished by December 2015. Do we have to throw that evidence out?
Not particularly. The people behind Warioware were also behind the Badge Arcade. Simply put, they are the people that know best about Ashley's potential future. One thing that people seem to be somewhat knee jerk reaction that everything after the project proposal doesn't matter. Simply put, Ashley's push in the Badge arcade could be because she's in Smash. In terms of promotional material, that's stuff that can be compiled in a couple months. It's not a several year long cycle like a game would be. Being in Smash is a two way street. While you can rule out certain things (Like Springman, for instance). Case in point, Greninja likely got the push it did from Gamefreak because of it's inclusion in Smash.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Not particularly. The people behind Warioware were also behind the Badge Arcade. Simply put, they are the people that know best about Ashley's potential future. One thing that people seem to be somewhat knee jerk reaction that everything after the project proposal doesn't matter. Simply put, Ashley's push in the Badge arcade could be because she's in Smash. In terms of promotional material, that's stuff that can be compiled in a couple months. It's not a several year long cycle like a game would be. Being in Smash is a two way street. While you can rule out certain things (Like Springman, for instance). Case in point, Greninja likely got the push it did from Gamefreak because of it's inclusion in Smash.
Maybe, but that's assuming a head from each franchise is aware that a character of theirs is playable, which sounds about right.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Man, I felt like it was just the other day I got excited this thread exceeded 1000 replies. Now we're more than halfway to 2000!

At this rate we'll reach 2000 in less than 3 days!

Come on Ashley fans! Show your support!!!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Man, I felt like it was just the other day I got excited this thread exceeded 1000 replies. Now we're more than halfway to 2000!

It completely blew up here! Wasn't it just a few weeks ago where it was between 20-25 pages and now it's at 40? Gunning to be second place in replies at this rate!

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet

Heh! I know what you mean. Every time I check up on the thread I have to read a whole page first!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

I don't care if K Rool will always have double the replies. I want our little witch on that 2nd place pedestal!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Maybe, but that's assuming a head from each franchise is aware that a character of theirs is playable, which sounds about right.
Corporate culture seems rather annoying. It's a world filled with bureaucracy and permissions. Smash itself started as a result of not following procedure and Sakurai and Iwata made a demo featuring Mario, Samus, Donkey Kong and Fox without express permission to use them so that the project could get green lit since, if I recall, Miyamoto originally rejected it or didn't give permission to use the characters. Now, things are a lot different now, especially since Smash has proved itself. So I'm rather confident that the creators of these characters would know if they are in the game, especially since Sakurai himself isn't a Nintendo employee and works as a freelancer.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman

This morning when I woke up we were on page 36. Now we're on 40! That's 4 pages in one day!

What's funny is This thread only had like only 4 pages prior to E3!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Who's excited to have Ashley's render in the background of all your posts?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This morning when I woke up we were on page 36. Now we're on 40! That's 4 pages in one day!

What's funny is This thread only had like only 4 pages prior to E3!
Seriously it's incredible. I came back to the site shortly before E3 and this thread only had 3 pages. After E3 a ton of people came to show their support. What once felt like a smaller niche group of supporters on this site became much larger.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman

I have noticed the frequency of new joining supporters has increase within the past few days.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman

The newest leak on the market! Even though it's probably fake; I like these sort of guessing games.

So, the most obvious one here is the bottle of holy water is Simon. The rest is a puzzle to me, but why do I post it on here? Well, I have a theory the bearded man, top middle, could be Ashley.

Hear me out. As Ashley fans, you must have seen the image once or twice; there's a photo of Ashley that when sized down looks like this bearded man.

I'm unsure of the rest, I think it's worth mentioning leaks that include Ashley, fake or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

The newest leak on the market! Even though it's probably fake; I like these sort of guessing games.

So, the most obvious one here is the bottle of holy water is Simon. The rest is a puzzle to me, but why do I post it on here? Well, I have a theory the bearded man, top middle, could be Ashley.

Hear me out. As Ashley fans, you must have seen the image once or twice; there's a photo of Ashley that when sized down looks like this bearded man.

I'm unsure of the rest, I think it's worth mentioning leaks that include Ashley, fake or not.
It's probably a reference to the meme, but the bearded man is Hagrid from Harry Potter, so could also be hinting at a magic user character *winkwink*

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Hagrid is a Wizard and a female wizard is a Witch. So it makes sense. The original poster essentially said that they are loose clues too.

Eitherway, Possibilities are:

1. K. Rool or Ray MKIII
2. Ashley
3. Mimikyu or Marx
4. Chibi-RObo
5. Elma
6. Ayumi Tachibana or Qbby
7. No ****ing idea. I've heard Dark Samus
8. Heihachi, Lloyd Irving or Travis Touchdown
9. Simon Belmont

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

"You're a witch Ashley!"

"...I know..."

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Ashley hype train continues- The second Smash fighter: Donkey Kong. I always though Pauline's ripped dress looked kinda...weird. Pretty sure Ashley can hold her own in most situations.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Anyway, in the event that Ashley does end up getting disconfirmed we shall not react to it how certain other fanbases reacted to their character disconfirmations. We shall accept it with grace and dignity and...

Well I guess she won't :p

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, in the event that Ashley does end up getting disconfirmed we shall not react to it how certain other fanbases reacted to their character disconfirmations. We shall accept it with grace and dignity and...

Even if that scenario does occur, there's always hope for dlc

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporters list! Actually, Ashley is my second most wanted character (after Chorus Kids). I really like the WarioWare games and I feel like Ashley would be an amazing Smasher. Definitely going to pick her up if she's joining Smash!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

But if she does get confirmed, can we gloat to those who crossed us?

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Also, yeah, add me to the supporter list too.
Can i be added to the support list?
Add me to the supporters list! Actually, Ashley is my second most wanted character (after Chorus Kids). I really like the WarioWare games and I feel like Ashley would be an amazing Smasher. Definitely going to pick her up if she's joining Smash!
Yeah! The Ashley hype train just got faster! For Goodness sakes This old train ain't got no brakes!

Witdamon

Smash Rookie
I had a dream last night that Nintendo retired Ashley as a character and was never gonna use her again. Y'all don't know how relieved I was when I woke up!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I had a dream last night that Nintendo retired Ashley as a character and was never gonna use her again. Y'all don't know how relieved I was when I woke up!
I had something similar happen a few nights ago. The entire smash roster was leaked, and the only newcomers were a random Fire Emblem character and Aegislash. What a great roster!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have to say, this thread really blew up, it’s close to surpassing Bandana Dee in replies, and not too far from Isaac either. I’m really proud of everyone. As for Ashley’s chances I’d say 75%, she’s pretty likely and has just about everything going for her... But there’s always that small chance... Ya know?

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127

Well.
Was this much better than the other fanbase? (ignore the fact that I'm also part of the picture :p)

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Well.
Was this much better than the other fanbase? (ignore the fact that I'm also part of the picture :p)
Some say Sakurai receives nourishment from the tears of dissapointed fans and It's the key to eternal life. That's why he never ages.

Maybe the Waluigi fans but not Ashley. I get the feeling he lost sleep over Ashley.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Another thing I forgot to mention in my 2015 Ashley activity post was she was used to promote Art Academy. Some of you may have known that though because I remember seeing a post with all the pictures.
Some say Sakurai receives nourishment from the tears of dissapointed fans and It's the key to eternal life. That's why he never ages.

Maybe the Waluigi fans but not Ashley. I get the feeling he lost sleep over Ashley.
Takamaru was probably another character that pained him as well. I remember backlash during the Smash 4 days and there was backlash back at E3.

The fact that everyone was being brought back I think Takamaru was one Sakurai had to let go. Since we're not getting as many newcomers this time around I doubt Sakurai had much room for playful inclusions such as a retro character.

Fortunately, for Ashley she does remain a practical inclusion even when the Newcomer list shrinks.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I find it funny that a lot of us are having dreams or nightmares about Smash announcements or something like that. I'm starting to think that 24/7 Smash speculation might not be healthy for the mind.

Top Bottom