• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd assume she's rich living in the mansion she probably inherited from her parents. They never do explain what happened to Ashley's parents do they?
I do believe It's mentioned somewhere Ashley's parents are dead. I don't think we know how they died but Ashley laments over them.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I do believe It's mentioned somewhere Ashley's parents are dead. I don't think we know how they died but Ashley laments over them.
I heard about it in one Youtube video about Ashley. That in the japanese website for Smooth Moves, Ashley tells the crew that she's an orphan. I'm not sure to trust it since a lot of that video is in jest and the wikis aren't updated to confirm this.

As a warning, I can't upload it here because it's very suggestive.

Last edited:

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Some of the characters like Ashley probably don't even care about the money.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the characters who moved to Diamond Software in D.I.Y. did so because they were sick of Wario. Of course, the game also says later on that Wario owns Diamond Software so his friends were being tricked into working for him regardless, but still.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I heard about it in one Youtube video about Ashley. That in the japanese website for Smooth Moves, Ashley tells the crew that she's an orphan. I'm not sure to trust it since a lot of that video is in jest and the wikis aren't updated to confirm this.

As a warning, I can't upload it here because it's very suggestive.
Could you PM it?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This thread is wholesome and it makes me happy. Especially when topics in other places have been negative lately. Even when I don't post I check the thread often because it's so nice in here lol.

Witdamon

Smash Rookie
This thread is wholesome and it makes me happy. Especially when topics in other places have been negative lately. Even when I don't post I check the thread often because it's so nice in here lol.
Same. I had been looking at GameFAQs a lot, but they've been becoming more anti-Ashley recently.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have to say I'm very happy to see the activity the thread has been getting lately. It's nice to have an active support base, and one that is so wholesome on top of that. :)

How does she get her hair that sleek and stylish without combing it?
This is beautiful!

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I been thinking the reason why we haven't seen Gamer its because Sakurai is getting rid Games and Wario content. When I look at Smash 4 Wario he has the Games and Wario appearance and in smash ultimate his character texture is different just a thought.

Witdamon

Smash Rookie
I been thinking the reason why we haven't seen Gamer its because Sakurai is getting rid Games and Wario content. When I look at Smash 4 Wario he has the Games and Wario appearance and in smash ultimate his character texture is different just a thought.
Sure hope not. Gamer was one of my favorite stages!

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I thought she wore pantyhose...
Nobody knows if it's pantyhose or leggings, it has divided the internet for decades.

I'm hoping for some sort of direct this month, it would be pretty wild if we had a full direct for Wario, with WarioWare Gold, WarioWare Switch and Wario Land (With Ashley as an option) and Mario tennis Ashely reveal.

Then end it off with WarioWare styled Smash trailer with Ashley.

Witdamon

Smash Rookie
Really?! How so? You'd think Ashley would become popular across the board after surviving the AT massacre.
A lot of people are claiming Ashley supporters are loli-lovers and think they just want to lewd her. Not everyone says that of course, but they are there for sure.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How come?
GFAQs has hate bandwagons. As characters gain followings people start hating on them, especially when trolls jump on supporting characters (of which a few have on Ashley, particularly Froshingsloth/RichardCarlson who throws "sexy" into every post he has Ashley in). Ashley's not the only one that gets them, even K Rool gets them and Ridley was especially bad in the Smash 4 days.

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I don't really bother with the GameFAQs side of things. I remember Owen from FE Awakening was very popular over there for some reason during the Smash 4 days. After that I never really took them seriously.

I have been Snooping reddit from time to time. It seems Ashley has made a bit more of an impression on them after the AT Massacre but, she was never too big over there to begin with.

Geno's popular over there. They seem to think he's getting in over the Mii outfit. When ever it's brought up I mention Ashley's outfit as well. I almost always recieve a question asking who Ashley is from that.

People who are curious about Ashley tend to find an interest in her after digging deeper in information about the character.

Many redditors are apathetic toward Ashley but a good number of them still don't know who she is, however, she does have a few vocal supporters over there.

That being said, there's virtually no hate toward Ashley on reddit which is a good sign.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah, GameFAQS is a cesspool of ignorance and trolls, which goes beyond the Smash board there. But anyway, I am sure once Ashley gets revealed, people will end up liking her as newcomers tend to do that.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
They're just haters. Nothing more.
I link to think that from most it comes from genuine concern. The best thing we can do is continue our example of being a chill place that doesn't tolerate sexualization of Ashley.

I don't really bother with the GameFAQs side of things. I remember Owen from FE Awakening was very popular over there for some reason during the Smash 4 days. After that I never really took them seriously.

I have been Snooping reddit from time to time. It seems Ashley has made a bit more of an impression on them after the AT Massacre but, she was never too big over there to begin with.

Geno's popular over there. They seem to think he's getting in over the Mii outfit. When ever it's brought up I mention Ashley's outfit as well. I almost always recieve a question asking who Ashley is from that.

People who are curious about Ashley tend to find an interest in her after digging deeper in information about the character.

Many redditors are apathetic toward Ashley but a good number of them still don't know who she is, however, she does have a few vocal supporters over there.

That being said, there's virtually no hate toward Ashley on reddit which is a good sign.
Yep, Reddit is pretty great on Ashley. Every thread I've seen talking about her mentions that she's a contender, and none so far has made negative blanket statements about her fanbase. She's just lowkey is all, which is fine.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah, GameFAQS is a cesspool of ignorance and trolls, which goes beyond the Smash board there. But anyway, I am sure once Ashley gets revealed, people will end up liking her as newcomers tend to do that.
Same goes for the people who hated Ridley until thoughts of him being top tier arose.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well anyway, I guess the 7/5 direct was a fake after all unless Nintendo plans to announce it in the evening. I guess probably next week we can look forward to some more information because that will be two weeks before the European release date of WW Gold, and they should already start showing stuff.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I don't remember any talk of Owain in Smash. I know he's popular on the site, but not Smash as a whole. GFAQs was too busy jacking off on Gematsu to consider anyone other than Chrom.

I love GFAQs cause it's fun. It's one of the only large communities I'm aware of that realizes it's issues. But yes, Just like what happened to Rosalina, Palutena and Shulk, GFAQs will accept Ashley if she's revealed. That's just the kind of community they are.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember any talk of Owain in Smash. I know he's popular on the site, but not Smash as a whole. GFAQs was too busy jacking off on Gematsu to consider anyone other than Chrom.
Back in the day we use to hold the rate their chance game on both GameFAQS and Smashboards. At the end we would compare the scores from each of the sites. Owain scored ridiculously high on GameFAQS from a bunch of trolls.

Eventually it became too much trouble too hold rate their chance on GameFAQS so it just became Smashboards only.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
4chan does not help in that regard in the slightest.
Well, internet itself doesn't help. We live in an era where lewds of a character (for recent examples, Twintelle or Pyra) happen in less than 24 hours.
This also happen when a character is confirmed in Smash... Wii Fit Trainer is probably the best example.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Well, internet itself doesn't help. We live in an era where lewds of a character (for recent examples, Twintelle or Pyra) happen in less than 24 hours.
This also happen when a character is confirmed in Smash... Wii Fit Trainer is probably the best example.
I just want Ashley in Smash even if the inevitable is sure to follow...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Got started on an Ashley moveset. It is a little underpowered, sure, but I am sure it can be stronger with a few tweaks. I decided that she probably fights with magic and the power of friendship. Truly someone who fights for her friends.

A: Spell Cast- Ashley Pummels the opponent with her wand. Each subsequent hit layers a different debuff on the character.

AA: Opponents are now injured by their own attacks. In team matches, teams will now have team attack enabled if it isn't already.

AAA: Opponents now take 25% higher damage from their friends. Ashley is now their friend.

A Side: Influence- Attack does nothing but change the music playing on the stage to her theme song. If her theme song is already playing, then characters in the vicinity of Ashley will have the Lip Stick flower effect placed on them.

A Dash: Glare- Ashley glares as she flies on her broom. Her look of disapproval is incredibly painful to her new friends.

A Down: Pentagram- Ashley has Red draw a pentagram on the ground. If opponents are near it will pull them closer while damaging them. If no one is near, the pentagram remains waiting for the day someone draws near. If it is stepped on by an opponents, they will be buried into the ground.

A Up: Indifference- Ashley ignored her new friends above her. Her lack of attention makes them question where their lives went so wrong. The opponents controls become more laggy causing accidental suicides off the stages and slowed inputs to be more likely.

Charge Smash Side: Apocalypse- Ashley ends the world.

Charge Smash Up: Summon- Ashley summons a beastly plant like the one in Smooth Moves. The plant remains on the battlefield until another is summoned. Plant is 2 Ridleys tall and 3 Bowsers wide. Hell must have some crazy fertile soil!

Charge Smash Down: Deletion- Ashley removes player from the match (Wins by default in 1v1 because the other player is no longer in the match.) When fully charged, the character is fully removed from Smash Ultimate's roster. Doesn't work against other Ashley players.

Grab: Memory Sharing- Since she is lonely she tries to make friends. She does this by sharing a strong, emotional memory with the opponent while embracing them in a hug. Example- Cloud will relive Aerith's death but with Ashley incorporated in the memory. Samus would relive her childhood when Ridley attacked. etc. Strong emotional bonds make strong friendships, right?

Throw: Conformity- The opponent is magically transformed into another Ashley. The opponent is still friends with the original Ashley and will be unable to hurt her (acting as a team- this move still has its properties even if team attack is turned on.) In 1v1s the original Ashley will win be default. Ashley will also replace the opponent's slot on the CSS. It is possible to only have Ashley on your CSS if you strategically use this move.

B: Granting Kids to Hell- Characters with souls are gifted a vacation to a warm dimension from their new friend, Ashley. They seem to lose their will to fight. What are they doing? Who are they? Why do they exist? What is their purpose? After this attack, the opponent's attacks will only heal Ashley and any move with knockback will only knock the opponent back themselves. This lasts for the entirety of the opponents stock until they get KO'd.

Side B: Broomstick- She can fly with her broomstick a short distance (Roughly the width of Palutena's Temple.) Pressing A fires lighting bolts from her fingers and pressing B has her do a loop-de-loop. Press Side B again to cancel the move early.

Up B: Space Manipulation- The stage moves to be beneath Ashley so she will land safely. Any characters touching the stage will move as well because inertia, but if you are in the air you might get screwed over. The Blast Zones move along with the stage. Red transforms into an umbrella as she gently floats down.

Down B: Time Manipulation- A chargeable move. Ashley progresses time in the match which effects the clock as well as the age of characters in the match. Occasionally her opponents will perish of old age. If held long enough, she will fast forward time enough to get to the win screen where she wins by default.

Final Smash: Dimension Switch- Ashley tears the fabric of reality. The move closes Smash Bros, deletes the save data and opens any digital game on your system. Ashley is now the protagonist. (Ashley Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Ashley Odyssey, Legend of Red: Breath of the Wild, etc.)

Might need some feedback on how to make it more powerful so she could be a viable fighter.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I.... can't say I expected this topic oof lol.

And honestly, the presence of lewds of a character shouldn't affect their chances. Every character has lewds. Even the hamster that was recently added to Overwatch has lewds. So it's kind of a pointless thing.

It's not something we can control, so no point in bothering about it. If people dislike Ashley because lewds of her exist, its their loss.

Top Bottom