• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
My votes on Ravenclaw hehe. She so shy. Then again she always gets mad so i dunno maybe Syltherin.

I just noticed how the wand turns black when she hang up her "phone". Plus the annoyed expression. Those details.
yeah it's such a blink and you'll miss it change in expression, love seeing that kinda detail. I wonder if she has to push Reds belly button to hang up.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
An error I made a few post ago, I called the WarioWare cast Wario's contractors. While they technically are, the first game states that the original cast were his close friends even before he started his microgame company. So yeah, apparently Wario is charming enough to have like every Arcana of friend. Whoda thunk.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
An error I made a few post ago, I called the WarioWare cast Wario's contractors. While they technically are, the first game states that the original cast were his close friends even before he started his microgame company. So yeah, apparently Wario is charming enough to have like every Arcana of friend. Whoda thunk.
Sleezy conmen always somehow have backup charm, hehe

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
All this talk of Ashley has got me thinking of her in an open field. Sort of like those found in World of Warcraft.

Hmm...how would an Ashley RPG do?

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Not well versed in Warioware lore nor who Ashley was exactly until reading this thread. I have to say, I think she would be a nice addition. We don't have a broom flyer or any other witch archetype character. Kamek was never a great idea and I can't think of any other character belonging to the trope that stands a chance. I probably wouldn't use Ashley but I do think she would spice up the roster. I'd welcome her.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Not well versed in Warioware lore nor who Ashley was exactly until reading this thread. I have to say, I think she would be a nice addition. We don't have a broom flyer or any other witch archetype character. Kamek was never a great idea and I can't think of any other character belonging to the trope that stands a chance. I probably wouldn't use Ashley but I do think she would spice up the roster. I'd welcome her.
That's a pretty big thing for me too. I dabble with the Wario lore, know her character, like her design and think her song is cool, but if she weren't a flying magic user, I don't think I would be initially pushing for her to be in Smash.

Last edited:

Neyonel

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, just registered literally less than an hour ago so I could drop on into this thread and show my support for Ashley! I'd only first heard of her, as others have, through her song in Brawl, and it didn't really jive with me at the time. Fast-forward to my college days playing Smash 3DS and her song comes up in Smash Run, though this time I find it to be pretty darn catchy, and now here I am having played the Warioware games and enjoying them and really wanting Ashley for Ultimate.

Backstory nobody asked for aside, I'm really feeling that this is her shot at getting in too! Regarding the Japanese-exclusive version of her song, I think having an English version to play over her reveal trailer would be perfect. Her own standalone game would be pretty neat too. I imagine some sort of puzzle-solving using various spell mechanics for some reason, though whether that'd be in an adventure game or a platformer or anything else is anyone's tinfoil hat conspiracy guess.

Ha! For real why does Ashley hate Wario?
Wario doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to be mindful of people's boundaries, and since Ashley's a grumpy witch who prefers to be left alone, that probably rubs her the wrong way. I wouldn't doubt he'd be the type to drop in on her mansion unannounced when she's in the middle of brewing potions.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hello everyone, just registered literally less than an hour ago so I could drop on into this thread and show my support for Ashley! I'd only first heard of her, as others have, through her song in Brawl, and it didn't really jive with me at the time. Fast-forward to my college days playing Smash 3DS and her song comes up in Smash Run, though this time I find it to be pretty darn catchy, and now here I am having played the Warioware games and enjoying them and really wanting Ashley for Ultimate.

Backstory nobody asked for aside, I'm really feeling that this is her shot at getting in too! Regarding the Japanese-exclusive version of her song, I think having an English version to play over her reveal trailer would be perfect. Her own standalone game would be pretty neat too. I imagine some sort of puzzle-solving using various spell mechanics for some reason, though whether that'd be in an adventure game or a platformer or anything else is anyone's tinfoil hat conspiracy guess.
Welcome to Smash Boards, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Citruspark

Smash Rookie
I'm rooting for Ashley so badly! (But it's fine if she ends up an Assist Trophy again)

B: When charged long enough, Ashley waves her wand and puts a curse on an opponent. Affects can include freezing, flowering, sleep, health sapping, and more. (COMPARE TO: Judge, Mr. Game & Watch)

Side B: Propels Red forward, who flips midair and lunges with his trident. Does a reasonable amount of slash damage, but minimal knockback. (COMPARE TO: Aerial Assault, Mii Swordfighter)

Up B: Turns Red into a broom which she flies on. Gets decent air and can be aimed/steered, but she gets put into freefall immediately afterwards. (COMPARE TO: Shuttle Loop, Meta Knight; Winged Pikmin, Olimar)

Down B: Places a cauldron on the field, brewing up a potion that requires the perfect amount of stirring to be successful. When finished, a large amount of magical fire damage will be applied to anyone in its radius. The potion will fail if it is not stirred enough. (COMPARE TO: Timber, Villager; Fire Hydrant, PAC-MAN)

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I'm rooting for Ashley so badly! (But it's fine if she ends up an Assist Trophy again)

B: When charged long enough, Ashley waves her wand and puts a curse on an opponent. Affects can include freezing, flowering, sleep, health sapping, and more. (COMPARE TO: Judge, Mr. Game & Watch)

Side B: Propels Red forward, who flips midair and lunges with his trident. Does a reasonable amount of slash damage, but minimal knockback. (COMPARE TO: Aerial Assault, Mii Swordfighter)

Up B: Turns Red into a broom which she flies on. Gets decent air and can be aimed/steered, but she gets put into freefall immediately afterwards. (COMPARE TO: Shuttle Loop, Meta Knight; Winged Pikmin, Olimar)

Down B: Places a cauldron on the field, brewing up a potion that requires the perfect amount of stirring to be successful. When finished, a large amount of magical fire damage will be applied to anyone in its radius. The potion will fail if it is not stirred enough. (COMPARE TO: Timber, Villager; Fire Hydrant, PAC-MAN)
Nice moveset and welcome!!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

Welcome to the team, dude. This moveset of yours is pretty good and that down B is a unique one I haven't heard of yet. It sounds like a really satisfying move to pull off.

My dream Up B would be the broom, but she can act out of it like ROB or Bayonetta's, but still a fine kit nonetheless.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Researching about Nintendo SPD Group 1 (The developers behind all of the WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven titles), it does feel kind of depressing that their games are barely represented in Smash 4 outside of Wario, a few Assist Trophies and a couple of awesome stages like Game and Wario and WarioWare Inc. I would imagine Group 1 in particular were extremely thrilled about a character from one of their titles finally getting representation (Chorus Kids going by the Gematsu leak) in Smash 4's planning phase, and the Rhythm Heaven representation they get in Smash 4 is minimal. These developers have made some pretty awesome titles over the years like every RH title, Warioware D.I.Y., and WarioWare Twisted. It kind of depresses me to the point where I could see Sakurai making up to the SPD Group 1 team by not only adding Chorus Kids, but also add Ashley as well. It feels like all that SPD1 could do to survive now going forward is push for Ashley via merchandise and advertising in Japan and hoping that their 3DS compilation title (WarioWare Gold) succeeds to push the team to create more inventive games in future Nintendo platforms. SPD Group 1 has so much creative potential, and I would hate to see them die out so soon.

What I say probably will not reflect my final thoughts on promotional characters like Ashley, Dee, and Isabelle, but I thought this bit on SPD would be interesting to mention.
I would like to point out SPD1 is no longer active, so they don't need to push Ashley to survive, Nintendo is pushing her for its own reasons.

That aside I have been in this thread reading most of the pages and even giving likes to some post, and I would like to be added to the supporter list, you guys remember me of the days before Palu's confimation there were a lot of things going for her and even a fake leak footage, so I really hope you can experiment the joy of getting a character you really like in the game.

I met Ashley in her debut game and noticed how Nintendo was promoting her a lot in Badge Arcade, but honestly it was you guys that convinced me to support her.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would like to point out SPD1 is no longer active, so they don't need to push Ashley to survive, Nintendo is pushing her for its own reasons.

That aside I have been in this thread reading most of the pages and even giving likes to so post, and I would like to be added to the supporter list, you guys remember me of the days before Palu's confimation there were a lot of things going for her and even a fake leak footage, so I really hope you can experiment the joy of getting a character you really like in the game.

I met Ashley in her debut game and noticed how Nintendo was promoting her a lot in Badge Arcade, but honestly it was you guys that convinced me to support her.
Welcome to the thread! I hope we get to experience the same joy you felt when Palutena got in!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

That aside I have been in this thread reading most of the pages and even giving likes to some post, and I would like to be added to the supporter list, you guys remember me of the days before Palu's confimation there were a lot of things going for her and even a fake leak footage, so I really hope you can experiment the joy of getting a character you really like in the game.

Do you have a source for this?

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
That Down-B is almost like her Smash Bros Crusade moveset, though I think this one is a down grab

I'm honestly considering getting super good at Smash so I can rep Ashley in tournment. So hopefully she's in and hopefully she's good.

That aside I have been in this thread reading most of the pages and even giving likes to so post, and I would like to be added to the supporter list, you guys remember me of the days before Palu's confimation there were a lot of things going for her and even a fake leak footage, so I really hope you can experiment the joy of getting a character you really like in the game.

I would have never guessed Palutena would have gotten in much like a lot of people think about Ashley. That tinge of doubt you probably felt must've made the reveal all the more special. But still I'm loving the hype. It's literally like being a kid at Christmas again!

Anyway thank you for your insight and support, bud.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm honestly considering getting super good at Smash so I can rep Ashley in tournment. So hopefully she's in and hopefully she's good.

I would have never guessed Palutena would have gotten in much like a lot of people think about Ashley. That tinge of doubt you probably felt must've made the reveal all the more special. But still I'm loving the hype. It's literally like being a kid at Christmas again!

Honestly, she doesn't even have to be good. People still go in to tourneys repping low-tiers, and a caveat of it is that you're one of the people holding her up and trying to show her potential.

I love to play :ness64:,:ness2:, :4shulk:, and :4drmario:even though they're all low-tiers. Don't let their rank stop you from trying to get good with them.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Do you have a source for this?
Actually it is in the same link that you provided in your post it reads "Nintendo SPD, was a division..." they fused with EAD.

I can't recall by memory but I think Palu's support thread had at least the same amoung of pages as this thread has now. Yeah back in the day we pretty much researched for hints on Palu's inclusion, with the ocasional doubt and insecurity anyone experiment in these types of threads.

I have been here a lot of times actually thinking on letting my support, and the more I read of Ashley and you as her fans, the more I wanted to support her too.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Actually it is in the same link that you provided in your post it reads "Nintendo SPD, was a division..." they fused with EAD.

I can't recall by memory but I think Palu's support thread had at least the same amoung of pages as this thread has now. Yeah back in the day we pretty much researched for hints on Palu's inclusion, with the ocasional doubt and insecurity anyone experiment in these types of threads.

I have been here a lot of times actually thinking on letting my support, and the more I read of Ashley and you has her fans, the more I wanted to support her too.
I'm glad you feel that way! The people hoping for Ashley are all cool positive people!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The developers of EPD are also working on WarioWare Gold, alongside Intelligent Systems too. Which is actually really interesting. I hope the composers behind the Rhythm Heaven music are not gone though.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I tried posting my translations to the WarioForums and all I got told in return is I have a boner for Ashley. Pretty rude, actually. The people there can be hostile sometimes.

Anyway; by Ashley being a mainstay on the WarioWare Gold website, while the others shift around I hope it means Ashley plays a bigger role in the rumored story, I don't recall if a story has been confirmed or not; but if so, hope Ashley has a big role in the game! Maybe she'll extend to the Mario Spin-off titles.

Playing as Ashley in Mario Kart, Smash, and other sports titles would be fun as heck; playing as Ashley in anything would be fun.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I tried posting my translations to the WarioForums and all I got told in return is I have a boner for Ashley. Pretty rude, actually. The people there can be hostile sometimes.

Anyway; by Ashley being a mainstay on the WarioWare Gold website, while the others shift around I hope it means Ashley plays a bigger role in the rumored story, I don't recall if a story has been confirmed or not; but if so, hope Ashley has a big role in the game! Maybe she'll extend to the Mario Spin-off titles.

Playing as Ashley in Mario Kart, Smash, and other sports titles would be fun as heck; playing as Ashley in anything would be fun.
I visited that forum to read some stuff alittle while ago, and I have to say they are some of the most bitter contrarian hipsters I've ever seen. Atleast a good portion of them are.

They hate on Ashley constantly just because she is popular and gets alittle bit more spotlight than the other characters because of it. (Outside of the games I might add, in the games all the characters are given the same love they always have)

I am not ever going back to that den of bitterness. Posi vibes here all day.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
The developers of EPD are also working on WarioWare Gold, alongside Intelligent Systems too. Which is actually really interesting. I hope the composers behind the Rhythm Heaven music are not gone though.
While we're making corrections, I wanted to point out to you, BluePikmin, that the "Ashley is a rising star" comment allegedly made by Sakurai hasn't been validated. Within that link to the Wario forum thread, the OP acknowledges this and asks for us not to link that thread anymore.

I was gonna point it out in that bigger thread but I was a bit too shook to lower her chances even more in your eyes. Sorry if this was already pointed out to you before.

I saw that thread and I didn't want to assume it was you. Sorry that happened buddy. You gave a better translation and new translation and the guy still calls you that. I don't know, best thing I would do to prevent that is maybe change the profile pic of Ashley you had or dump multiple translations of other characters with it. It sucks but the Wario community is probably not fond of the influx of Ashley, since some think she's unfairly overshadowing the other Wario characters.

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I've been a member of the WarioForums for about 3 years now, and yeah, they are always bitter towards Ashley. Since the first time she has become popular they complained about it, saying why it shouldn't be Ashley.

I tried telling them "Look, better Ashley than no one at all." but they still got angry at it. I joined to enjoy Ashley, but if you find Ashley your favorite character it's better left alone. I think they just hate Ashley at this point, which I don't understand why. Just because Nintendo pays more attention to her doesn't mean you should hate her, it was luck in itself she even became as popular as she is now.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
While we're making corrections, I wanted to point out that the "Ashley is a rising star" comment allegedly made by Sakurai hasn't been validated. Within that link to the Wario forum thread, the OP acknowledges this and asks for us not to link that thread anymore.

I was gonna point it out in that bigger thread but I was a bit too shook to lower her chances even more in your eyes.
To be fair, it should be easy to find out. I'm pretty sure PushDustin combed the **** out of that video when it was up. Asking him might be an easier thing to do more than anything.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
To be fair, it should be easy to find out. I'm pretty sure PushDustin combed the **** out of that video when it was up. Asking him might be an easier thing to do more than anything.
I'll try to hit up his correspondence. Maybe he'll make video on it, but I'll be satisfied with an email answer.

I've been a member of the WarioForums for about 3 years now, and yeah, they are always bitter towards Ashley. Since the first time she has become popular they complained about it, saying why it shouldn't be Ashley.

I tried telling them "Look, better Ashley than no one at all." but they still got angry at it. I joined to enjoy Ashley, but if you find Ashley your favorite character it's better left alone. I think they just hate Ashley at this point, which I don't understand why. Just because Nintendo pays more attention to her doesn't mean you should hate her, it was luck in itself she even became as popular as she is now.
How were they like before Ashley blew up if you have details on it? I'd imagine she was still rather popular, just maybe within an exceptable degree to them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

You know, glancing at the WarioForums has shown them that as well.

To be honest, maybe having Ashley break off into her own series, as Wario did with Mario, would be a good thing.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'll try to hit up his correspondence. Maybe he'll make video on it, but I'll be satisfied with an email answer.
I do know he was part of the thread that was linked in that Warioforums thread since I tried to do some more research into the claim myself.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
People always get hostile when they think a character they want in Smash has their chance is threatened by another. The Daisy Waluigi crowd were divided. During the Brawl days Krystal and Wolf were another example.

I wouldn't say I have a disliking for any other WarioWare character, although, I don't feel like Ashley 's chances are threatened by any of them. If a new WarioWare character is added, It's going to be Ashley and anyone who says otherwise, I can't take them seriously.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
I have been reading through the thread in an attempt to catch up. I am still not done quite yet, but I do wish to say that I plan on supporting Ashley. She's one of my most wanted newcomer, and probably the only one that actually stands a chance. I am not sure how much of one, but this is definitively something that I would love to see.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I never played any of the WarioWare games so I guess the reason why I want Ashley is more so my perspective from Smash. Ashley just seems like the best chance of all the WarioWare characters because she gets the most amount of attention in the last Smash game.

For someone who grew up from playing the WarioWare games, I feel as if their attachment to a certain character is something they were able to make on their own from childhood. I guess That's the difference between the Smash fanbase and the Wario fanbase.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
People always get hostile when they think a character they want in Smash has their chance is threatened by another. The Daisy Waluigi crowd were divided. During the Brawl days Krystal and Wolf were another example.
I used to be that way. It mainly came along the lines of "well there is only so much development time". Later on I learned characters considered for Smash Brothers are like Job Interviews. The character can only get in on their own merits and what they bring to Smash Brothers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom