• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ashley might actually have two series of microgames sections if she's getting two squares.
Somehow I doubt it, considering the text describing each appears to be exactly the same.

Does anyone know what Mona's occupation is this time? She has her classic getup, but not the biker helmet.

Finally, I've gotta say I'm really liking where they seem to be taking 5-Volt as a character, that being a person who loves video games but struggles to find time for them with the responsibilities of adulthood and, more specifically, motherhood.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Is it okay that I used to really ship Ashley and Young Criket.

I had that as a head canon for awhile dunno why.
In what sense? I don't think it's wrong to ship characters if that's what you're asking. For Ashley in specific, I don't think there's an age limit so long as there's no self insertion fantasy involved with it.

Or maybe you were talking about whether the ship is bad. It's not. While they never interact with each other, their designs and characters are so complimentary that it just looks like the two could be a match.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
RIP I don't have enough SD card space to download the Gold demo and am too scared to do an SD card transfer

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In what sense? I don't think it's wrong to ship characters if that's what you're asking. For Ashley in specific, I don't think there's an age limit so long as there's no self insertion fantasy involved with it.

Or maybe you were talking about whether the ship is bad. It's not. While they never interact with each other, their designs and characters are so complimentary that it just looks like the two could be a match.

Yeah no I think they’re absolutely perfect for each other.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman

This Tweet has been confirmed today, Japanese Gaming source just announced a summer sale for Nintendo along with New 2DS LL packed with Mario Kart 7 and 2DS LL packed with Animal Crossing.

Will we see a direct this month?

[/SkPOILER][/SPOILER]

Holy ****, Marko is here!! XD :rotfl:

Guys, just a thing. I know Markomaro from his forum since many years, don't believe or considerate a single thing coming from him. He's not what you call a troll but a prankster, he's always around the leaks thread saying that the next week we'll see a Direct for sure, high focused in 3DS, to the point that now is like a meme in the forums. He's not a bad guy but don't take him seriously, he doesn't have any contacts in industry, just spreads hype around with crazy theories. Every maintenance work in the e-shop comes with a post from Marko suggesting secret announcements.

Oh, now that I'm in Ashley thread I'd like to show my support for her in the way to become a Smash fighter after finishing her homework.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Add me to the Support List. Warioware is one of my favorite series and Ashley is definitely the one I would like to see the most as newcomer from it.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
I would say that Ashley is one of the more likely characters. I think her chances are just as good as K. Rools. In fact the only character that I would actually say has better chances than her is Waddle Dee.

Than again, there is not really a system for how likely a character is. We can only guess based on our perception of them.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I would say that Ashley is one of the more likely characters. I think her chances are just as good as K. Rools. Only one I would actually say is more likely is Waddle Dee.

Than again, there is not really a system for how likely a character is. We can only guess based on our perception of them.
With all due respect, I don't think anyone's chances are as good as K. Rool's. We talk about Ashley being popular in Japan all the time but in actuality, K. Rool is more popular than her there. Moreover, he's popular in the West too.

I'd actually put her on the same tier as Bandana Dee.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
With all due respect, I don't think anyone's chances are as good as K. Rool's. We talk about Ashley being popular in Japan all the time but in actuality, K. Rool is more popular than her there. Moreover, he's popular in the West too.

I'd actually put her on the same tier as Bandana Dee.
Fair enough, I only said Waddle Dee was more likely cause of the amibo thing.

And ya, K. Rool definently has Ashley beat in the popularity category.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The two characters I rate highly of their chances are K Rool and Ashley. Every other unique character I don't think hold a candle to them. Bandana Waddle Dee I'm a bit iffy on, however.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I prefer to put characters in tiers, but yeah, K.Rool, Bandana Dee and Ashley must be the most plausible characters this time.

On a side note, BotW Link is being added to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe along his bike, and boy do I want WW Wario in the game now.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's difficult to know how much Ashley's popularity translated to the ballot due to her already being an AT. However, the fact that she got a costume as well as all of the other promotional stuff Nintendo has put her in within the last few years is quite promising. It reminds me of how Ridley randomly appeared in Miitomo, just a few months after the design document was finalized.

If I get unlazy I will probably revise my prediction roster to include Ashley - I'm feeling less confident in Elma as time goes on.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee, Ashley, K. Rool, Decidueye, Geno, and Elma or Rex and Pyra I feel are the most likely newcomers as far as I see it. Echo fighters would likely be Hilda, Ninten, and Dark Samus.

StormC

Smash Hero

Not sure if this will be my permanent prediction roster going forward - I'm also feeling a bit less confident in Simon - but lately I think all of this stuff circling Ashley is a little too suspicious.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Always figured the Warioware characters Ashley would be most likely to hit it off with right off the bat would be Kat & Ana, especially now that all three of them are accomplished demon fighters. Ashley could also introduce them to animals and flora they don't normally get to see.

I have trouble seeing this Young Cricket ship... but that may be mostly due to the fact that we barely get anything of note for him other than he trains in martial arts and is almost always hungry. Not much to work with there. Then again, they could bond over their work ethic and if Cricket happens to know any ki moves that could be mistaken for magic... (and that could be another interesting Smash interaction with the PK boys).

So get this, I have this totally crazy scenario imagined for if Ashley gets revealed. They release DLC for Gold consisting of a special microgame collection starring Ashley, a fixed one with each microgame starring a Smash character revealed up to that point in Ultimate, essentially Ashley proving her worth to be part of the roster. The boss microgame would feature a too-big-for Smash Ridley that ends with him being shrunk at the end.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman

Holy ****, Marko is here!! XD :rotfl:

Guys, just a thing. I know Markomaro from his forum since many years, don't believe or considerate a single thing coming from him. He's not what you call a troll but a prankster, he's always around the leaks thread saying that the next week we'll see a Direct for sure, high focused in 3DS, to the point that now is like a meme in the forums. He's not a bad guy but don't take him seriously, he doesn't have any contacts in industry, just spreads hype around with crazy theories. Every maintenance work in the e-shop comes with a post from Marko suggesting secret announcements.

Oh, now that I'm in Ashley thread I'd like to show my support for her in the way to become a Smash fighter after finishing her homework.
Tell him his guess work is amazing, what he says comes true, tell him to say Ashley will be playable next.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Add me as a supporter, WarioWare is a really cool series and Ashley would be absolutely perfect to represent it alongside Wario. Also because the Kirby Ashley hat would be beyond cuteness!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Well, I decided to ditch the Strong Bad profile pic and further represent my Number One pick for Smash Ultimate (which was not Strong Bad, as it turns out). I apologize to everyone who read my posts in the form of a sbemail.

Long live the girl next door, in that haunted mansion.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
What would yall be willing to give up to make Ashley playable? I could say money, but to be real, I would be willing give up my chance to ever play Ultimate, just so she could make it in to the roster. Not kidding. Anyone else willing to make that trade?

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
What would yall be willing to give up to make Ashley playable? I could say money, but to be real, I would be willing give up my chance to ever play Ultimate, just so she could make it in to the roster. Not kidding. Anyone else willing to make that trade?
Eh... that's a difficult question. I love video games as much as the next person, but I don't know if I'm willing to torture myself just so that I can (technically) get my way. If Ashley is in Smash Bros, I would like to be able to play as her, haha.

I will sacrifice my father's ability to play Ultimate, because if I'm going to have to sacrifice something for Ashley to be in the game, it might as well be something that won't be missed. (He doesn't like video games.)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Does anyone have the link of that second Smash tournament that's happening tomorrow night in Japan?

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Does anyone have the link of that second Smash tournament that's happening tomorrow night in Japan?
Oh snap I forgot about that I'm going to need that link too!
I will give up two TV's since I don't even use them just for two characters lolol

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Ashleys smash is the meatball sub! Haha. The closer we get to wariowares launch the antsier I'm getting.

Top Bottom