• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Never underestimate the persuasion power of the Forest Pokemon :smirk:
:smirk::smirk:

... ...
Uhh I wanted to ask y'all a question!
You know that thing that has been going around about the new holy smash trinity or wutever? Where they have Issac as the Sun, Geno as the Stars, and Skullkid as the Moon? I say like, Ashley is the best representative of the Moon, so I've been looking for a gif that shows that clip of her from her opening cinematic in WW: Smooth Moves to prove my point. The cute one where she flies up into the night sky on her Red broom and lands uptop of a swinging Crescent Moon~
I CANT find it ANYWHERE :dizzy:
There's plenty of fanart of her with a moon of some sort in the background, but I want to show an official representation. Does anyone think they can help me find this gif? Or do you have the internet expertise to help make us one like it? It's this I'm talking about:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
:smirk::smirk:

... ...
Uhh I wanted to ask y'all a question!
You know that thing that has been going around about the new holy smash trinity or wutever? Where they have Issac as the Sun, Geno as the Stars, and Skullkid as the Moon? I say like, Ashley is the best representative of the Moon, so I've been looking for a gif that shows that clip of her from her opening cinematic in WW: Smooth Moves to prove my point. The cute one where she flies up into the night sky on her Red broom and lands uptop of a swinging Crescent Moon~
I CANT find it ANYWHERE :dizzy:
There's plenty of fanart of her with a moon of some sort in the background, but I want to show an official representation. Does anyone think they can help me find this gif? Or do you have the internet expertise to help make us one like it? It's this I'm talking about:
For some reason I can't put I can't put it on SB from my phone, so here's the gif in one of my twitter posts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/samcrumpit/status/1037919054881849344

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I only wish I had the skills to use diigtal art lol
I'm not bad on paper though, like the traditional stuff. It's been a while for me tho ^^;
Oh, haha. I didn't know if you needed the gif for a project or not.

I'm the same way, more or less. My profile picture is the first digital project I've worked on that I'm not completely disappointed in, and it wasn't even anything terribly involved, haha.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Oh, haha. I didn't know if you needed the gif for a project or not.

I'm the same way, more or less. My profile picture is the first digital project I've worked on that I'm not completely disappointed in, and it wasn't even anything terribly involved, haha.
Yeah well I guess you could call it something of a project yea

Is that... Isabelle's tiny head on Black Knight's huge body? :surprised:
Whatever it is, you did a great job on it~

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Yeah well I guess you could call it something of a project yea

Is that... Isabelle's tiny head on Black Knight's huge body? :surprised:
Whatever it is, you did a great job on it~
Yes, yes it is. And thank you. I laughed for a good fifteen seconds or so when I finished it, haha.

Well, I look forward to seeing what you make. The more cool Ashley stuff, the better!

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe this thread is still alive, even after he deconfirmation.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
The pain from her deconfirmation is still fresher than his, but it's nice that her support is still abundant 1 month later. Happy Anniversery by the way : |
Wow, it's already been a month since the Direct? Time flies.

And yeah, I'm happy that Ashley's managed to keep up with both Waluigi and Bomberman. Those are three Assist Trophies I'd love to see promoted to playable.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Some of us left, others migrated to the Ashley Discord, but those of us still here continue to support Ashley, so why stop, haha.

After all, there's still always the hope that DLC sees a few Assist Trophies promoted to playable...

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I still believe in her chances for dlc. We keep up support while the waluigi fan base rages.

Last edited:

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Ashley cosplay, anyone?

I love the way her dress fans out in the 1st one, and how her hair twirls to the side in the second one~ :love:
Friendly PSA not to ever wear coloured contacts except as prescribed by a doctor. Because corneal infection and all.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Friendly PSA not to ever wear coloured contacts except as prescribed by a doctor. Because corneal infection and all.
I think it's a doctored pic through photoshop or something. If you look closely in the 1st pic i don't think her eyes are red; good advice tho :)
Seriously? That sucks, those really help bring a cosplay together.
Yes red-eyed Ashley is best Ashley~<3
I never understood the change to black they gave her in game & wario :confused:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Yes red-eyed Ashley is best Ashley~<3
I never understood the change to black they gave her in game & wario :confused:
That was likely a stylistic change since every character got the solid black eye treatment.
I know that Rhythm Heaven and Wario Ware have the same developer so I understand that it was probably just the same art designer working for both games at that point, but I really didn't dig it for Wario Ware. Personally the Gold designs are my favorites of the whole series.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
I know that Rhythm Heaven and Wario Ware have the same developer so I understand that it was probably just the same art designer working for both games at that point, but I really didn't dig it for Wario Ware. Personally the Gold designs are my favorites of the whole series.
While they likely wanted to do a mix of Game and Watch style and WarioWare style for Game and Wario. For the the Rhythm cameo they just reused the Game and Wario model due to it being a common thing Nintendo does.
Yes. We have complete confidence in Ashley as a character and won't be deterred. We might have failed Ashley in the ballot (well, at least I feel I failed.) But we won't fail her anymore.
While the ballot was just one way to tell the Smash team a character is popular. Nintendo has people in many places and I'm sure Sakurai sees all the different character requests he gets on Twitter daily.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
We made it a point not to die off after her deconfirmation like other threads in this cycle. If her most devoted supporters gave up on her chances to get in Ultimate eventually, then what message does that just hurts Ashley's cause.

Yes. We have complete confidence in Ashley as a character and won't be deterred. We might have failed Ashley in the ballot (well, at least I feel I failed.) But we won't fail her anymore.
I don't remember if we talked about this but barely any of us voted for her in the ballot. But you bet when Ultimate ballot comes around, I'll be voting for her on every device I can find.

She's got a lot going for her as DLC: Relevant, highly requested, underrepresented series, great moveset potential, and she's a 1st party character. I'm not gonna lose hope so long as there's a chance.

Last edited:

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
We made it a point not to die off after her deconfirmation like other threads in this cycle. If her most devoted supporters gave up on her chances to get in Ultimate eventually, then what message does that just hurts Ashley's cause.
I guess so, however, it's pretty much completely unlikely for her to join the battle at this point, I mean she was already as an assist trophy. I don't know guys and gals, I would love for Ashley to be in the game, but at this point, we have to until the next installment. :(

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I guess so, however, it's pretty much completely unlikely for her to join the battle at this point, I mean she was already as an assist trophy. I don't know guys and gals, I would love for Ashley to be in the game, but at this point, we have to until the next installment. :(
Keeping active is the best course of action regardless. Her chances may be super low due to the assist, but she's not impossible as DLC. Barring that, keeping support up is a good way to give her a shot in the next game.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
People thought that about Smash 4 and guess what, she isn't in Smash 5. Giving up now would be like giving up forever.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Keeping active is the best course of action regardless. Her chances may be super low due to the assist, but she's not impossible as DLC. Barring that, keeping support up is a good way to give her a shot in the next game.
If she doesn’t get in dlc, I doubt she could ever get in the next game, seeing as Sakurai himself said in a famitsu column that the team had opened pandora’s box (metaphorically. He basically said they would have to make cuts in the next one), and I doubt that there will even be a next game for at least six years. Would you really want to wait that long to have another game where she isn’t guaranteed? After the DLC cycle for this one ends, I’m out, but for now, I’ll support as much as possible.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If she doesn’t get in dlc, I doubt she could ever get in the next game, seeing as Sakurai himself said in a famitsu column that the team had opened pandora’s box (metaphorically. He basically said they would have to make cuts in the next one), and I doubt that there will even be a next game for at least six years. Would you really want to wait that long to have another game where she isn’t guaranteed? After the DLC cycle for this one ends, I’m out, but for now, I’ll support as much as possible.
I just tried making a Smash 6 roster and cutting characters felt physically painful.

My guess for Smash 6? Free DLC is a MUST. I'm fine with the roster being cut down for initial development time; but I don't want to pay for any veterans ever again after Ultimate. Does this seem fair? Am I being too entitled?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I just tried making a Smash 6 roster and cutting characters felt physically painful.

My guess for Smash 6? Free DLC is a MUST. I'm fine with the roster being cut down for initial development time; but I don't want to pay for any veterans ever again after Ultimate. Does this seem fair? Am I being too entitled?
That depends on how much said veterans are changed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

To note, the issue is they still need manpower to create a lot of that content. It takes time and work, and realistically, they should be paid.

You're not being entitled at all. You feel the veterans don't feel like "new content", so you don't want to pay for it. I get that. That said, I think they could do some free DLC, though I don't know if it'll be cut content in general. Exceptions could be made, depending what it is, and how much time and energy took to make it. I feel paying for extra work is perfectly fair. If we get an Echo as DLC, I feel they should be fairly cheap on their own, as they take some effort to make. I could understand costumes being free, though again, it takes time to make those too. That's the thing about DLC; it's still extra work that they're doing for us. It's like buying another game, if you will. Besides, all balance updates are free despite the extra work, anyway, so it's not like they aren't doing this stuff for free too at times.

Now, I don't agree they should be free, but you're not acting selfish here. You have a different view point of it.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
That depends on how much said veterans are changed.
IMO; the characters on the chopping block don't need changes, excluding echo's being De-echo'd.

To note, the issue is they still need manpower to create a lot of that content. It takes time and work, and realistically, they should be paid.

You're not being entitled at all. You feel the veterans don't feel like "new content", so you don't want to pay for it. I get that. That said, I think they could do some free DLC, though I don't know if it'll be cut content in general. Exceptions could be made, depending what it is, and how much time and energy took to make it. I feel paying for extra work is perfectly fair. If we get an Echo as DLC, I feel they should be fairly cheap on their own, as they take some effort to make. I could understand costumes being free, though again, it takes time to make those too. That's the thing about DLC; it's still extra work that they're doing for us. It's like buying another game, if you will. Besides, all balance updates are free despite the extra work, anyway, so it's not like they aren't doing this stuff for free too at times.

Now, I don't agree they should be free, but you're not acting selfish here. You have a different view point of it.
I can totally understand that! I've just been used to the generosity of the Kirby Star Allie's team; and would give the Smash team major brownie points for following a similar model. It can be really effective to sell you on a franchise. For instance; I'm going to keep supporting the Kirby series because of how many act's of good faith and fan service they've been doing for no additional cost! I'd never ask the smash team to give free new characters, but I'm unaware how much effort it would take to port an old character to the new game; if no changes or very minor changes were made? Nevertheless I think this is very interesting to talk about!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
IMO; the characters on the chopping block don't need changes, excluding echo's being De-echo'd.
There's no point to bringing 'em back without updates. If they didn't make the base roster, that means there's more time to improve them. So it makes sense to do so. Also, I doubt any echo will be turned into a regular clone. It's mainly how Sakurai already has a view of how the character plays by that point. He sees them dancing in their head. Clone or otherwise, their design is well off. But they'll get changes regardless, mostly due to patches.

I can totally understand that! I've just been used to the generosity of the Kirby Star Allie's team; and would give the Smash team major brownie points for following a similar model. It can be really effective to sell you on a franchise. For instance; I'm going to keep supporting the Kirby series because of how many act's of good faith and fan service they've been doing for no additional cost! I'd never ask the smash team to give free new characters, but I'm unaware how much effort it would take to port an old character to the new game; if no changes or very minor changes were made? Nevertheless I think this is very interesting to talk about!
It depends; Lucas was rebuilt from Ness, but may have had some leftover data during 4.

Mewtwo was remade from scratch. He was no different from adding Shulk or Palutena. A completely new character.

Also, Smash already follows a paid DLC model, whereas games like Splatoon don't. So it's probably better to think of it as depending the game alone. Every game development has their own way of doing things as is.

Also, please don't double post. :)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
There's no point to bringing 'em back without updates. If they didn't make the base roster, that means there's more time to improve them. So it makes sense to do so. Also, I doubt any echo will be turned into a regular clone. It's mainly how Sakurai already has a view of how the character plays by that point. He sees them dancing in their head. Clone or otherwise, their design is well off. But they'll get changes regardless, mostly due to patches.
Sorry! I didn't mean to double post; I could have sworn I posted those a couple minutes apart! Lag on my end? I dunno. *Shrug*

I meant more turning echo's into fully unique fighters btw xD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sorry! I didn't mean to double post; I could have sworn I posted those a couple minutes apart! Lag on my end? I dunno. *Shrug*

I meant more turning echo's into fully unique fighters btw xD
Double posting is posting two posts literally back to back. The amount of time isn't relevant to that. To not double post, you can edit your messages or wait for somebody else to reply. :)

And yeah, I can't see a clone/echo being made more unique because of DLC.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
While if she where to get in as DLC I see her using a model that looks more like the Pumpkin Panic just in HD and more detailed.
Unless Nintendo speeds up the pace and has a ton of sucesss stories with new Ip's who's really left for the next game? There's only a few big name characters left such as Dixie Kong, Spring Man, Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, a new Pokemon, a new Fro Emblem character a new retro character and 2 3rd party characters. A good number are likely coming to Ultimate in the base game or as DLC and if not there are still a few roster spots open if we get 15 newcomers for the next game.

While where in the era where other fighting games are having have the roster be paid DLC or they have a character as day 1 DLC. Smash Ultimate really does seem like the last of it's kind when it comes to the huge amount of characters you get in the base game.

While part of the reason for all of the free Star Allies content is likely due to the more casual fans complaining about how it's only a 3 hour game due to them not going for 100% and the price jump to $40 to $60 compered to the 3DS games. I think the vets not included in Smash For had to be made from the ground up due to the data from Melee and Brawl being pretty old now. Also Roy was DLC in For and he got quite a few changes compered to how he played in Melee.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Personally the Gold designs are my favorites of the whole series.
I still enjoy Ashley's classic design from the Touched!/Smooth Moves/D.I.Y. days the best! The way her dress flairs out at the bottom hems more, her long thigh/knee high black stockings, and how her twintails are bigger and longer all suits my tastes in cute aesthetics better~ That was the Ashley I fell in love with~<3
I do still enjoy the designs on the other characters though, and it's not like Ashley can ever be made to look ugly lul
True! :b:
While if she where to get in as DLC I see her using a model that looks more like the Pumpkin Panic just in HD and more detailed.
YES! I've been saying this for a long time actually!
And another thing I'd like to point out- I think if they add a 'Smashified' version of this model to the game when she becomes playable, I see no reason to get rid of her Game & Wario style looking AT. I think this game can have two Ashley's no problem; there are already multiple versions of multiple characters all in as either stage elements, trophies, pokeballs, and fighters already so I think it's no big deal to leave an AT in the game if that AT character does indeed becomes playable, to me it's not a hassle or game design obstacle to overcome or be removed~

Top Bottom