• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't actually believe that the red eye means anything but it's fun to speculate about.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I don't actually believe that the red eye means anything but it's fun to speculate about.
I'm surprised you guys aren't talking more about him wanting to make sure it's convenient for Japanese schedules. A huge plus for Ashley is that she's a Japanese darling afterall.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
In less than 72 hours, Ashley’s fate will most likely be known. (If she isn’t shown at all tho, I’m about 96.7% she’s in).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm surprised you guys aren't talking more about him wanting to make sure it's convenient for Japanese schedules. A huge plus for Ashley is that she's a Japanese darling afterall.
I would say her popularity over in Japan clouds over the other regions.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
How would Ashley's hair attacks work with her Pajamas alternate costume (if she gets one)?
Honestly did think on that one.. it would just be a minor thing for one move anyways, like coming more from an animation of a throw then a changing hitbox

But that pajama alt idea. Best. Idea. EVER!
Cuter than her Crazy Galaxy look
Brawl Olimar had this thing on his jab, where it was a headbutt but could "unintentionally" hit people with his antenna. Maybe Ashley could similarly slap people with her hair while doing something else?
Everytime Ashley turns around from a dash/walk/stand still, she gets an automatic hitbox behind her from her whipping twintails that can even protect against projectiles!
I could see it now... Professionals coming up with advanced techs like 'Twintail Pivoting' or 'Twintail Dancing'. :joyful:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'm gonna be so antsy for the next few days. Not only do I need to find a way to pass the time before Wednesday, but then my heart will skip way too many beats during the inevitable "Assist Trophy" segment. I want to say that the stars are aligned in Ashley's favor, but there's no predicting Sakurai...

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's a good ending and a not as good but still good ending.

Good ending: Ashley is revealed as a new character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Less good but still good ending: We see nothing of Ashley, meaning she lives another day.

Either outcome is good in my opinion, though I obviously want the first one!
What? Bad ending? I have no idea what you're talking about...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Trailer Idea: Luigi opens the door to Ashley's mansion like he did in Luigi's mansion. He travels through the spooky setting as he calls out for Mario. Lightning and heavy rain starts falling around the house. Scared of the sudden thunder Luigi rushes into what looks like a study. He takes a look at the magical books as the setting shot pans off onto the walls showing Red's shadow. Scared, Luigi drops a book with a skull on it and turns around at the door thinking someone is creeping upon him.

The room grows darker and Luigi's creepy vibe is going off the scales. He turns around and sees this image as the Lightning strikes illuminates it:

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Guess i might as well say this now, so apologies if this is lengthy.
I don't think I could have picked a better first thread. It's been awesome being part of this thread and watching it grow, even tho I've only been here a fairly short time, around mid 70 pages, so i can only imagine how people who've been here since the beginning must feel.
That and it has been very welcoming and nothing but positivity. A few weeks ago i was in a fairly pissy mood for awhile (adulting sucks), but after reading this thread from top to bottom and meeting a good chunk of you folks,and seeing how many others supported our favorite witch brightened my days since then. So i must say thank you
Now lets hope Sakurai is secretly part of the Ashley Empire and grants our wish!
I completely agree. This thread has been a lot of fun. At first I was really hesitant on making an account, as I don't have much social media, but the positivity of this thread persuaded me to, and it was a great descision. To be honest, as much as I want Ashley to be confirmed, I'm kind of hoping her reveal comes later so we can speculate for longer. No other thread compares to this one. If this direct is the information blow out I think it is though, then it's likely we'll know her fate in a few days. Thank you all for making this speculation cycle special. I'll keep my tin foil hat on all the way to the end!

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
Add me onto that list of supporters. Ashley's my most wanted character. There's probably Nintendo characters I like more than Ashley, specifically within the Fire Emblem series, but Ashley I feel at least has a large chance of being included. Wouldn't bother supporting her if I didn't feel she could make it in, and everything right now is pointing to her having been made playable.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I completely agree. This thread has been a lot of fun. At first I was really hesitant on making an account, as I don't have much social media, but the positivity of this thread persuaded me to, and it was a great descision. To be honest, as much as I want Ashley to be confirmed, I'm kind of hoping her reveal comes later so we can speculate for longer. No other thread compares to this one. If this direct is the information blow out I think it is though, then it's likely we'll know her fate in a few days. Thank you all for making this speculation cycle special. I'll keep my tin foil hat on all the way to the end!
The fun wont end here though! Once we get a reveal we'll finally get a social board of our own along with the squid girl and the big boy Ridley :smirk:
Then we will be busy spectating movesets and whether or not she'll have the pajama or Crazy Galaxy alt; so don't worry! ^^

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Even Gamexplain thinks she’ll be added things are looking great. Can’t wait for her reveal on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Add me onto that list of supporters. Ashley's my most wanted character. There's probably Nintendo characters I like more than Ashley, specifically within the Fire Emblem series, but Ashley I feel at least has a large chance of being included. Wouldn't bother supporting her if I didn't feel she could make it in, and everything right now is pointing to her having been made playable.
Oh, I recognize you from the fireemblem sub. Good to have you aboard, acquaintace!

Klimax

Smash Ace
At first i didn't care about Ashley, but now, i really want her in the game. I really think that they're going to reveal her during the next direct !
I hope you'll get what you want Ashley's fans, you deserve her !

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, I recognize you from the fireemblem sub. Good to have you aboard, acquaintace!
THAT'S where I know you from! It was killing me that I recognized your username and couldn't place it, lol.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
IYAAA!!!! I'm more popular than I thought. Should have covered my tracks better.
I would've done so too, but was too lazy to come up with a better username then my childhood best friend and a random british word. Luckily I'm not popular.

Last edited:

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
Wonder how long the Direct will be, like 20 mins?
I think probably at least 30 minutes considering how other Smash Directs have been longer than that. Sakurai tends to go into a lot of detail as to what they're showing off. The only thing that would probably make it less lengthy is how they pretty much did an overview of all the characters already.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have any pipe dream characters that you want in smash ultimate?(I’m curious on everyone’s favorites other then Ashley who is a shoo in)
Mine is eevee in which each attack is a different eeveelution... I absolutely adore Umbreon.
: )

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Anyone have any pipe dream characters that you want in smash ultimate?(I’m curious on everyone’s favorites other then Ashley who is a shoo in)
Hmm. I'd be pretty satisfied with Ashley, I'm not super picky, but if I had to be greedy I'd also add Tails.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't call Ashley a shoo-in, though she has a good chance.

That said, as my sig, avatar, and name even implies... Brian from Quest 64. But for a more realistic one, Fulgore from Killer Instinct. I'd love both in.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
The Smash Direct where Greninja got revealed was 39 minutes long, so I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to make another one this long, specially with the game releasing in 4 months, they need to get that content out.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'd love to see Marx and/or Starfy be playable. I'd say that I also want Kururin playable, but I would be satisfied with any Kururin content present (say, maybe the return of the Helirin as an Assist Trophy?).

Top Bottom