• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Link boards: Crashing down in a blaze of shame and defeat

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
I learned everything about Link from information provided by the Link boards. I just never talk there, because they're not as friendly as, for example, the Snake boards, or not as cool as the Marth boards...

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Actually, there's like nobody there to talk to anyway.

It's a ghost town now. =(

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol, most of them are really mean for no reason.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Haha, I just thought the flaming was funny, so I'd just lol as I read it, but I wouldn't flame anyone myself.

I guess it drove everyone away XD

Skler

Smash Master
Link's useful ATs haven't changed since the game was released (he has none) so there's nothing to discuss in those boards anyways.

Link is better in Melee, can do some interesting things and the boards are much more civil/less ********.

It's just the way things are.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I remember the Peach boards being very friendly. Of course, it's given considering her success in both games. (though more so Melee)

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
"Wwwaaaaaaa..waaaaaa....waaaaaa"

Aww, I'm sorry. Did the Link boards hurt people's feelings? Poor little Altrox was just trying to collect data. Some other kid thought he found a new tech!

"The link boards are so mean, they hurt my feewings"

The Link boards are civil and like any civil society we have rules--break them and we will let you hear it. Eventually we got tired of constantly telling everyone to look at the at the **** stickies so enough was enough. Look, we know Link is terrible. Whenever anyone asks if they should main Link we say NO (especially if they want to do well at tourneys).

We're cynics, get over it.

But the Yoshi Boards are nice. ;D
They are pretty nice.
LOOOL

Hahaha. Ah. A few people are whining, but I'm pretty certain we have a good relationship with the other character boards..

And WTF, Links don't insult any character other than TL, and TL is .. well he crawled out of Satan's *** feet first.

Half of the people who play Link play Ganon too.. ect.. Lol.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Everyone should move to the Yoshi boards.

sasook

Smash Champion
I'm curious to see what happened with Altrox, since I don't think I was a member at the time.

So, Link boards are jerks? Interesting, I always found them to be pretty nice. Though, I can understand where you guys are coming from.

I think this is mainly what happened:

Topics like "omg sliding upsmash" and "NEW AT BOMB DAC" were created left and right. Other topics like "did you know......(insert old info)" were everywhere too.

So, the first of those came around. What did the Link boards do at the time? They pointed to the stickies and suggested the search function in the future. So that worked for a little while. Then, I'd assume, after a few months..........nothing had improved. Same topics being made, same info being given.

Naturally, this is gonna make someone go like this: -__-"

Even more topics of that nature being made, and well, you just get so sick of it. You retaliate, and even though the poster didn't fully deserve the flame, they had lost their patience. The argument is always "they could have just said no, it's old" but think to yourself, if your younger sibling keeps asking "why?" to every single thing you say like a small child, aren't you going to eventually get annoyed? That's what happened, they got annoyed.

Now, I wanna see what happened with Altrox's thread.

Oh, and one last thing. We openly admit we hate TL. We don't hate any of the other boards at all, we even made an alliance with the Sonic boards, but we openly admit we hate TL.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I'm curious to see what happened with Altrox, since I don't think I was a member at the time.

So, Link boards are jerks? Interesting, I always found them to be pretty nice. Though, I can understand where you guys are coming from.

I think this is mainly what happened:

Topics like "omg sliding upsmash" and "NEW AT BOMB DAC" were created left and right. Other topics like "did you know......(insert old info)" were everywhere too.

So, the first of those came around. What did the Link boards do at the time? They pointed to the stickies and suggested the search function in the future. So that worked for a little while. Then, I'd assume, after a few months..........nothing had improved. Same topics being made, same info being given.

Naturally, this is gonna make someone go like this: -__-"

Even more topics of that nature being made, and well, you just get so sick of it. You retaliate, and even though the poster didn't fully deserve the flame, they had lost their patience. The argument is always "they could have just said no, it's old" but think to yourself, if your younger sibling keeps asking "why?" to every single thing you say like a small child, aren't you going to eventually get annoyed? That's what happened, they got annoyed.

Now, I wanna see what happened with Altrox's thread.

Oh, and one last thing. We openly admit we hate TL. We don't hate any of the other boards at all, we even made an alliance with the Sonic boards, but we openly admit we hate TL.
he made a thread that had already been made. I guess he didn't want to use the search button.

sasook

Smash Champion
I just found his thread and read through it. Honestly, I don't see what was the problem with it. Of course, I wasn't a member at the time, but still, no Q&A sticky existed at the time, I really don't see what the problem was.

@Altrox:

Aurashade - yeah, he's known for being like that, to basically everyone. Don't take it personally

Swordplay - I dunno what his deal was. He's usually wayyyyyyyyy more chill than that, usually much friendlier. Maybe you just caught him at a bad time or something, I dunno. I read his posts and I was like "this is SP? Really?" because it just seemed so unlike him.

Lootic - I think he just joined in because of what Aura and SP were doing.

Everyone else seemed to provide actual information.

Overall, I apologize that your experience on the Link boards was unpleasant, Altrox. I really don't see a problem with that thread you made, since at the time, there was no Q&A sticky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also found that other topic you posted in, but I'm afraid I'm with the Link boards this time. That new guy should have used the search function before posting that some of Link's FF aerials can autocancel. That's just my take on it, because it's honestly an extremely basic piece of information. By the more experienced Links, it was just spam.

That being said, I understand where you were coming from. There probably wasn't a thread that was like "Link's aerials and their properties" or anything, so you tried to tell them that this wasn't really something he could search for. Fine, and I agree with you that the posters there (Warriors, Lootic, Kratos, etc.) were total jerks. Yeah, I agree they could have said "this is really old and known" and from my experience, here's what a response today would look like:

"Yeah, no offense, but this is actually really, really old. In the future, please use the Q&A thread, or maybe the General Discussion, for something like this. That being said, this thread will now be treated as spam and will be closed."

I dunno why they weren't polite to him. As I mentioned earlier, maybe at the time there were a lot of spam threads floating around that were just driving the experienced Link players insane.

Sorry guys, but after reading the threads Altrox saw, I'm kinda with him on this one. From what he saw and what he posted in, he's right in saying we're jerks. But, I really think that's changed. I apologize for your unpleasant experience.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
he made a thread that had already been made. I guess he didn't want to use the search button.
Can you read? I made those topics unniform to collect data. the project failed, but I didn't want to use data from an out of date topic. people there were jerks otherwise, and even if you think I was trying to kill the board or something, no excuse to be rude, especially to a visitor. It's no wonder why people don't like the board

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Can you read? I made those topics unniform to collect data. the project failed, but I didn't want to use data from an out of date topic. people there were jerks otherwise, and even if you think I was trying to kill the board or something, no excuse to be rude, especially to a visitor. It's no wonder why people don't like the board
i was just saying it was already made. you had a bad time with aura that's reasonable but everything has changed

sasook

Smash Champion
The attitude the Link mains are exuding in this isn't exactly helping the Link boards look any friendlier. Personally, I don't think his topic was stupid. I thought that other "Link Discovery" topic was, but the "Poll" topic - I thought that was legit.

I mean, there was no Q&A sticky at the time, what else was he supposed to do? Maybe he tried to search and got no results because he typed in the wrong key words.

Stop giving him a hard time, I know you guys are friendlier than this lol. He thinks we're jerks - I dunno about you, but I'd like to change that.

Top Bottom