• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Link boards: Crashing down in a blaze of shame and defeat

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Link to original post: [drupal=1083]The Link boards: Crashing down in a blaze of shame and defeat[/drupal]

I for one, have not left for AiB. Not officially. But really, I refuse to leave. I don't want to. Everyone else might have but not me. I'm not going anywhere. This is where Link's whole metagame was created. Moving to AiB just to expand it? No. It begins here and ends here.

I stay.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
At least AiB is a better place to socialize, which apparently is your guys' problem ATM.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Well you can blame the other Link players,picking a fight with the mods.It may be the other way around,but the result is the same,DO NOT PISS OFF THE MODS!!!!! Well you can take a look at AiB and still be on smashboards.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I never liked the Brawl Link board. Both times I've been there, 90% of the users were obnoxious jerks. ONly a few people were actually friendly. and most character boards I've been to have had friendly people. I dunno.

bobson

Smash Lord
Hey, stop that! No furthering the metagame without my permission! I SAID STOP!

kr3wman

Smash Master
The Link AiB boards are being solo'ed by me, they need your help.

Well, they don't deserve it, but hey.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm laughing so hard right now. People getting butthurt on the internet are so funny to watch. Especially when you aren't saying anything bad about them. Just making innuendos and laughing at them is enough to make people go 'URGH TROLL IMA REPORT YOU BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE THERE IS NO REPORT BUTTON'

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No offence but... f*** the Link Boards.
There, I said what we were all thinking.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
>___>

<___<

I will have to agree with that post. They're not especially nice.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
hmm.. they might possibly not be nice due to the fact everyone talks down at link.. he is underrated. i do get annoyed when people just **** talk about the character you love, but screw love, im ditching him because all of my friends now use him. (i have individuality issues.. dun like being the same) only among my social group though..

and because i have this inability to use him to his full capacity lol

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
hmm.. they might possibly not be nice due to the fact everyone talks down at link.. he is underrated. i do get annoyed when people just **** talk about the character you love, but screw love, im ditching him because all of my friends now use him. (i have individuality issues.. dun like being the same) only among my social group though..

and because i have this inability to use him to his full capacity lol
They aren't nice. It really annoys me too. I made a topic there that didn't bash Link or insult him or anything like that. Just a question. and they all turned into... well, I can't say that on this board. But you get the idea.
However, there were a few nice people there. I just wonder how they put up with the idiots that do post there

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
They insulted about every other character,Espically Toon link.I mean,cmon,WHO CAN HATE TOON LINK?
also they insulted,PT,Ganadorf,and most other low tiers I like.I like Link,I just do not like the Link boards.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
wow everyone hates the link boards.........it's so sad
Yeah and it's the Link Mains' fault. You don't hear people saying "Oooh I hate the *insert char name* boards, because most boards have a friendly and intelligent community behind them. Of course, there are several exceptions, but for the most part, most boards are pretty nice.
So yes, it is sad that everyone hates the Link Boards, it's sad that a whole community can be so unpleasant as to cause people to dislike them.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I've never been down to the Link Boards.

Maybe I should check it out for the lulz.

But the Yoshi Boards are nice. ;D

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Yeah and it's the Link Mains' fault. You don't hear people saying "Oooh I hate the *insert char name* boards, because most boards have a friendly and intelligent community behind them. Of course, there are several exceptions, but for the most part, most boards are pretty nice.
So yes, it is sad that everyone hates the Link Boards, it's sad that a whole community can be so unpleasant as to cause people to dislike them.
no people just hate them because everyone hates one guy. and i don't see how it's the link mains' fault that people are just stupid and hate that particular board for no reason. i was in that board a lot and the only person anyone hated was aura for his flaming but everyone else was nice there's no real reason why those boards are hated.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
no people just hate them because everyone hates that they use a crap character. and i don't see how it's the link mains' fault that people are just stupid and hate that particular board for no reason. i was in that board a lot and the only person anyone hated was aura for his flaming but everyone else was nice there's no real reason why those boards are hated.
Do you see anyone hating the Falcon/Ganon/Samus/Sonic boards etc?
Can't say I've heard of it.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
no people just hate them because everyone hates that they use a crap character. and i don't see how it's the link mains' fault that people are just stupid and hate that particular board for no reason. i was in that board a lot and the only person anyone hated was aura for his flaming but everyone else was nice there's no real reason why those boards are hated.
Hardly. In fact, people respect others who use low characters well. Nobody hates CF, or Ganon. I hate the Link boards simply because the people there were jerks to me and others for no reason.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Do you see anyone hating the Falcon/Ganon/Samus/Sonic boards etc?
Can't say I've heard of it.
are you serious? sonic boards? really? i've heard a lot and my friend goes there a lot and he has seen that stuff too. there is no point in hating a board for no reason. there's a good reason why all the Link's left and why i barely go here too. it's because of the mods not because people hate the boards. and yes the ganon boards have had things locked by the mods as well. their tier list was locked just like the link's.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Main-based segregation? On MY Smashboards?

There's so much I'm unaware of..........

From what I read in the first post, I thought it was the boards against the mods......

10raisedawarenesses

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The mods are pretty cool if you don't act like a complete ******.
They don't immediately hate you when they give you an infraction, they do it because you break the rules.
I've got my fair share, but believe it or not, if you don't piss and moan and just brush it off, there's no animosity.
But nah, f*** it, fight the powaaaaa! Nazi Mod Scum!!1!!1one!1! :mad088::mad088:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
The_Altrox i saw that thread you made a while ago at the Link boards and there is no reason why you should hate them at all. when you make a thread in ANY yes ANY board that has already been there REPEATEDLY you are gonna have people tell you to use the search button. when swordplay made the post he wasn't bashing but telling you what was wrong with the thread. but AURA is known for over reaction and flame but there is no good reason for hating the Links. every board gets annoyed for repeated spam and singling out ONE board is stupid. you should have known this but before making a thread you are supposed to use the search button to see if there was a thread already made and you didn't do that. i'm not flaming you or anything but i'm just telling what i saw.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Good for you blu link. I always thought you were cool.

Not that I know you, ofc. I just saw you're avi one day and said to myself "know what? That guys cool."

Gl resurrecting the Link Boards.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The_Altrox i saw that thread you made a while ago at the Link boards and there is no reason why you should hate them at all. when you make a thread in ANY yes ANY board that has already been there REPEATEDLY you are gonna have people tell you to use the search button. when swordplay made the post he wasn't bashing but telling you what was wrong with the thread. but AURA is known for over reaction and flame but there is no good reason for hating the Links. every board gets annoyed for repeated spam and singling out ONE board is stupid. you should have known this but before making a thread you are supposed to use the search button to see if there was a thread already made and you didn't do that. i'm not flaming you or anything but i'm just telling what i saw.
Um... I didn't see that thread existing. and if it did, a simple "this has already been done" should have been said. all out trolling isn't going to improve your reputation as a board.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Um... I didn't see that thread existing. and if it did, a simple "this has already been done" should have been said. all out trolling isn't going to improve your reputation as a board.
no i saw that a while ago and yes the first post did say that it has been done. i'm not trolling if i am forgive me but i'm just saying that you shouldn't hate a board because of what you did. and i'm pretty sure i wasn't trolling if i was i'd be saying something like OMG YOUR A LOSER THAT BOARD IS TEH AWZOMENESS YOU SHUTTUP GET OUT. obviously what i was saying wasn't even close i'm just saying that i can see that you had a bad experience with aurashade but he's been that way for a while. and it is partially your fault for making pointless threads but whatever. i understand why you hate the boards i just wanted to make my point.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So why is everyone leaving the Link board again?

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
So why is everyone leaving the Link board again?
well we were trying to do a sort of tier list thing as a Link community and it was for people who wanted to participate in it. it was just a way to see who were the best Links. it was just for fun but i guess the mods took it seriously and said it was a way for telling other people they suck. then we wanted to make some sort of Link combo video and have people participate but then the mods locked that too so everyone left for AiB so that we could have a little more freedom.

ndayday

BRoomer
Oh...well, I'm going to go check out how bad the boards really are. They can't be that bad.

Right?

Clone Z

Smash Journeyman
well we were trying to do a sort of tier list thing as a Link community and it was for people who wanted to participate in it. it was just a way to see who were the best Links. it was just for fun but i guess the mods took it seriously and said it was a way for telling other people they suck. then we wanted to make some sort of Link combo video and have people participate but then the mods locked that too so everyone left for AiB so that we could have a little more freedom.
That really sucks.

If people are getting butthurt that they suck, step it up.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Oh...well, I'm going to go check out how bad the boards really are. They can't be that bad.

Right?
there's still like only a couple of people but you should have seen it the day everyone left there were quite a few locked threads.

ndayday

BRoomer
The place isn't that bad...just like a graveyard that still has people alive under the headstones. You just gotta bury them up and revive the place. I can see why a lot of people left though, maybe I should go there more often to read the guides and stuff, some of the posts I read were really friendly and inviting.

If you wanted my opinion, a lot of n00bs are attracted to cool sword characters like Link, right? A lot of those n00bs ask a bunch of really basic questions, and it gets the hardened Link players mad. That causes a bunch of flaming and eventually interaction with mods.

If you guys need something I have a list of all Links damage inflicting moves, and how to get the highest possible damage out of them. It's pretty cool actually IMO.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
The place isn't that bad...just like a graveyard that still has people alive under the headstones. You just gotta bury them up and revive the place. I can see why a lot of people left though, maybe I should go there more often to read the guides and stuff, some of the posts I read were really friendly and inviting.

If you wanted my opinion, a lot of n00bs are attracted to cool sword characters like Link, right? A lot of those n00bs ask a bunch of really basic questions, and it gets the hardened Link players mad. That causes a bunch of flaming and eventually interaction with mods.

If you guys need something I have a list of all Links damage inflicting moves, and how to get the highest possible damage out of them. It's pretty cool actually IMO.
that's exactly what i've been trying to say but some people don't get the idea. after many of the same questions have been asked people get annoyed. and there's stuff about his moves already but at least your trying. and the Links will come back once things cool down but lots of people were really unhappy.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
no i saw that a while ago and yes the first post did say that it has been done. i'm not trolling if i am forgive me but i'm just saying that you shouldn't hate a board because of what you did. and i'm pretty sure i wasn't trolling if i was i'd be saying something like OMG YOUR A LOSER THAT BOARD IS TEH AWZOMENESS YOU SHUTTUP GET OUT. obviously what i was saying wasn't even close i'm just saying that i can see that you had a bad experience with aurashade but he's been that way for a while. and it is partially your fault for making pointless threads but whatever. i understand why you hate the boards i just wanted to make my point.
I wasn't talki g about that post. The reason I was trying to make that topic was for data that I was trying to collect. It didn't work out, but still. 90% of the posters were being jerks, and almost to a point arrogant. They also trolled a friend of mine who thought he might of found a new Link trick, but instead of simply saying "we know this already" they started to troll the guy who was trying to improve Link for the community's sake. Bottom line: many people there are jerks. not all of them. but a lot of them. and it's easy to see why others think so too.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Yeah, the Links (and Link in-game) are too angry that Link has not been improved much throughout the entire Smash series.....

I'm a Link main though, so I am immune to their flaming XD

I don't know why everyone hates them. I frequent ALL the boards lol

Top Bottom