• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Pikachu Test ~ NOW AT APEX! - All Pikas Welcome to Try

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
all i can say is, people are taking this test too seriously, and as some way to compare skill with each other o.o i see this more as a fun thing then "im better then you cause i beat ldpk x times, more then you"

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
I just wondered if any of you have suggestions of how to do some of the rankings or something better to avoid this problem.
Well, if it's for fun, then it really doesn't matter. However, to my engineer brain, that sounds a little too close to "ignore it and maybe it'll go away," which usually doesn't constitute a solution. So if you'll indulge a stupid n00b like me for a few minutes, I have what's hopefully a simple proposal:

Break it up into "seasons" (that is, some arbitrary time period you decide, 3-6 months, a year, 20 seconds, whatever).

Keep a record of everyone's best each "season" (possibly grandfathering existing results into the first season); however, also keep track of each person's highest score (and date acquired). This should hopefully be minimal additional record-keeping but should hopefully get the best aspects of each.

A modified version of what you got on the first page might be:

Season [#]:
--Foo [pikachu] ~ 9 in a row *lost to XXXXX* / 12 in a row *lost to ZZZZZZZ* (1-2-20XX)
--Bar [jigglypuff] ~ 5 in a row *lost to YYYYY* / 17 in a row *lost to WWWWW* (3-4-20XX)

Or, you know, anything that's easier/better for you. It's your test. Just throwing something out there since this issue appears to be bothering you. I (and others, I'm sure) really don't want to see this go away because of stupid drama. Besides, I haven't gotten my chance to take a stab at this yet!

Which brings me to my question: do you accept wifi test challenges from those who have nearly zero chance at getting one point? It'd be nice to have another Pika player tell me how badly I'm doing it wrong (I am aware of the critique thread, but I don't have a capture device as yet, I'm still trying to figure out cost vs quality I'm willing to go for).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think anybody who complains is taking this test waaaay too seriously.

Just being honest.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I haven't gotten my chance to take a stab at this yet!

Which brings me to my question: do you accept wifi test challenges from those who have nearly zero chance at getting one point? It'd be nice to have another Pika player tell me how badly I'm doing it wrong.

Well, if you lose the wifi test, it doesn't really mean you did anything wrong in particular (real life wise). Not passing round one could mean having trouble with wifi, lag, or yoshi in particular.

As for the competitiveness problem, i'll just keep things as they are (for now) with a slight request for Kaylo: Could you add a the word 'fun' anywhere in the title or 'for lols'. That should take care of any out-of-proportion misunderstandings. Thanks for the help guys ^_^.
Now for the real purpose of getting back on.... (after a good thanksgiving and hectic black friday)

LDPK's FUN TEST 11/28/2009
*****Is now in Session!****
Now over

Kater Ratek (2 in a row ~ lost to yoshi and ic's and ganondorf)
Stingers (4 in row, took once, had to leave, lost to DK)

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you lose the wifi test, it doesn't really mean you did anything wrong in particular (real life wise). Not passing round one could mean having trouble with wifi, lag, or yoshi in particular.
That was more of a failed attempt at self-deprecating humor more than any real concern for my actual performance.

I seriously do want to try the wifi version. But if you see fit to add me to the queue, next week's gonna be hectic until at least the weekend (just in case you by some miracle get through your backlog of much more worthy adversaries).

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
That was more of a failed attempt at self-deprecating humor more than any real concern for my actual performance.

I seriously do want to try the wifi version. But if you see fit to add me to the queue, next week's gonna be hectic until at least the weekend (just in case you by some miracle get through your backlog of much more worthy adversaries).
I 'try' to go through those people in order whenever I am on, but as you can see, I normally just take the first person who finds me whenever I am available (like the last 2 people and the ones before them). The queue is more of a guideline anyways just to make things fair "IF" they are indeed on and lined up.

I've penned you in and will notify whenever another one comes....

@ kaylo: it seems i am having trouble in finding out to modify the thread title on my own (although its control may still be only under you). I was going to modify the title whenever test is in session instead of possibly double posting whenever i am done with a post and immediate find that i am available for a test session. It's okay either way, i'll work with what i got. ^_^ Thanks for the waiting ppls.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@ kaylo: it seems i am having trouble in finding out to modify the thread title on my own
Hit "Edit" then click "Go Advanced" (it'll be a button on the edit box that pops up). Above the new edit box, there should be a smaller one that says "Title:" where you can change the title.

I'm pretty sure you have control over the thread since you're the OP. If you try again and still can't edit it, lemme know.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
allright, you know what, ill take this. Because ive seen your pika and am pretty sure im gonna get ***** anyways, im taking this with my Ness for ****s n giggles.

quoting what KayLo said back in my days of maining Ness

"I hope you get grab release ***** at your next tournament" :p

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
allright, you know what, ill take this. Because ive seen your pika and am pretty sure im gonna get ***** anyways, im taking this with my Ness for ****s n giggles.

quoting what KayLo said back in my days of maining Ness

"I hope you get grab release ***** at your next tournament" :p
I'll pen you in (Don't worry, my lil bro secondaries Ness--playing ness is not too silly, even with the grab release at times).

I can't guarentee a testing date right now cuz finals in college suck. But i'll try to get back to you shortly.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390

I'll pen you in (Don't worry, my lil bro secondaries Ness--playing ness is not too silly, even with the grab release at times).

I can't guarentee a testing date right now cuz finals in college suck. But i'll try to get back to you shortly.

Yeah i couldnt agree more, its gonna be a busy week for me starting monday :psycho:

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
So if Frio can do 16 in a row, I'm thinking I can win this lol.
Well... he did it with pika....

Regardless, that is the kind of attitude that i am lookin for. Try to be the first in the Hall of Fame ^_^.

*sidenote* I recently whipped out my yoshi and ganondorf at a local tourney. They always fought me with thier dittos and not thier mains during friendlies (didn't treat me seriously). Little did they know... I don't screw around with my secondaries. I apparently got to fight some of their mains in the brackets. I went yoshi and won and then chose random on second match one time... got stuck with LINK of all people, but won ^_^ *yays*.

FallenShad0w

Smash Rookie
id like to take this challenge...what part of nc do you live in we may be able to do this without the worry of lag =P

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
If i am at college (like right now) i am in Chapel Hill near raleigh/durham area near Duke university and NC State university.

At my house, I am in the High Point/Greensboro area.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Huh, long list?

I'd take it, but do you know how long a wait it'll be? Or do you just play anyone on the list?

I'd play Ganon but for the character's... suckiness :p , so I dunno, either Diddy or Ike. I main Diddy.

Edit: Oh wait, your down south. :/

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
My suitemate in college is from fayetteville too... lol. I heard fayetteville is a really sketchy place.

@ hobs: i just play anyone on the list. I only refer to the line if 2 or more people are arguing on who's going first. Most of the time, the people are friendly and can find other things to do. Most of the time, only one person is on also. So your chances are good. You an choose whoever you want to take the test, character-wise. tho, the more times you retake the test, the better i'll get at reading (unless you purposely hold back or something). I have a wifi version of the test which i can give.

@ stingerz: um... i thought bill doesn't play brawl anymore.... or is he going for brawl+? I think I may have to go home immediately after my exams cuz i got a christmas trip on the 21st to texas... O_O. I'd have to have a ride back to greensboro or something (maybe smith or vilt could help with that on the way back?).

For those who live in NC, i can test them in REAL LIFE. Just read up on the tournaments in NC by going to main forums of smashboards > regional zones > atlantic south > and fnd anything in North carolina that I am attending. Or you can just visit the campus of Chapel Hill University and check out the sites and brawl later at night (like a party weekend thing). We have like 4 of the NC PR's live within 5 minutes of the campus ^_^ so it'll be worth the trip regardless. Just PM me if you are interested.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Why are you stalking me? >_>
lmao. Cause you're so sexy?

I was actually on the pika boards to see about this thunder cancelling thing, and how feasible it would be for the ontario pikamains to try to apply it to their metagame, and I saw this thread. Read it, and saw you have the highest on wifi.

<3 Frio

*edit* put me in this queue please. Wifi.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I know that i've been inactive with this for a while but....

Now that I am going to Apex for sure, anyone interested can now face me IN REAL LIFE at APEX and the 'Pika House' (see pikachu forum's apex thread)!

I'll have my notepad and pencil.... I'll see you there!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
This bump. x.x

I'll take this, though.... probably at Roller's since there might not be time at the actual tourney.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I'll take the test. It will probably be a few attempts (at various times throughout my "Career Mode") but I bet I can do it...
Alright. I'll make sure you are the first if I see you when i get there.

I'll most likely bring a wii/disc setup of my own to rollerking's place if anyone over there has a spare TV. I also will bring a dazzle recording set and my laptop so everyone can take my test all day long or so and polish their videos on the spot.

I got homebrew also so if anyone like a texture hack, I'll get that preloaded before i come. ^_^

Roller

Smash Legend
Neji, you comin' to Apex? If you weren't planning on it you should consider it. Over 20 pikas from across the country are planning on going.

And I may try this contest, just for kicks. =P

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I would like to try the test
Wifi or in Real life (at apex ^_^). (Plz come)

Neji, you comin' to Apex? If you weren't planning on it you should consider it. Over 20 pikas from across the country are planning on going.

And I may try this contest, just for kicks. =P
I don't mind letting people try the Test all day. It'll be frustratingly furious, pleasantly pleasing or perfectly pointless depending on where your matchup experience or raw skills are. ^_^

I may try this contest, just to whoop LDPK's ***. =P
Do you remember how it's officially set up ^_^? The 'gayness' is stacked against you. Don't get owned by Captain Falcon or Samus (non-Z) now ^_^... or even worse... by Zelda. =O (lol... half-j/k... 'nother shameless tease ^_^)

EDIT: And you thought some gay spam was gay... i am your bane then. ^_^

Top Bottom