• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Pikachu Test ~ NOW AT APEX! - All Pikas Welcome to Try

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
***Update Test 11/5/2009*** Session ends after getting feedback from others saying that they were unavailable and facing LinkistheBest123.... The next test will be later this week or weekend.

LinkIstheBest123 (brick)... tested w/ DK lost @ zelda/shiek (3 rounds in a row)
linkisthebest123 (brick)... retried 3 times with pikachu lost @ zelda/shiek once; captain falcon once; and pit on the final try. Best record (6 in a row- wifi).

@ stingerz... i hope you can come tho....

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I'd like to try :o

But... Do you have an IP address I could Ping?
My ISP is very... IDK, some people it likes some it doesn't.

:ohwell:

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I am sooo taking this test again haha. I can beat pits usually :D ill get to 10 at least haha

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I am sooo taking this test again haha. I can beat pits usually :D ill get to 10 at least haha
I am pretty sure you are aware of this, but do remember that some characters are more broken and stupid on wifi (points at the girl with magic and the little boy with wings... lol). I am sure you can beat them in RL easier or something. No probs... anytime i'm free again.... tonight i may be busy... we'll see.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Lol shut up stongers. Why did you name search him :O, wait no I spelled it wrong you couldn't have !
WHY ARE YOU HERE STONGERS!?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
i thought dr.paypay was the best in nc
Well... i never said (yet... hehehe... >:D) that i was the 'best in NC' altogether. I meant best in terms of in some of my secondaries. I 'feel' (from my experience thus far) that I got one of the best if not the best ._. NC yoshi, shiek, possibly pit, ganondorf, zelda, maybe lucario (since gauvn and zero are gone), and maybe luigi. Just a somewhat educated guess for right now tho. I'd be glad to challege for spots when i have time ^_^. Plus my secondaries don't include MK or Marth and such.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Guys, let's try to keep this on the topic of LDPK's test. And not let it turn into NC chat hour.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i would take your test if i lived near you! i might take it wifi, but i feel i dont play very well when online.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey LDPK, how about you keep a waiting list of people in line to take the wi-fi test in the OP?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'll do it tonight. You should go to the xat so we can communicate. Also, you never added my wii number...

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Sorry.... for all the lateness ESAM, so my bad. I can probably be on wifi later tonight and I will post if i am but right now I need to go to a meeting from 6-about 8 pm today.

as for the test, How I do this is I msg the ppl down the list in order and once the first one who responds back manages to get my attention, he's the first to go. So if i go down teh list and then find you and you respond before the 7-8 others, then i'll be glad to play over wifi.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated when i can.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Okay OP is updated....

Short Test session 11/12/2009 starts now and will close in approximately an hour from now... just whoever is the first to catch my attention that is highest on the list.... I'll be free for a time tomorrow too...

*start*

Edit: arikie is currently being tested....

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Test 11/12/2009 comes to a close:

Updates:
-arikie (as you can see above) did well for a first... (he whooped on quite a few of them); lost to wolf (5 in a row)
-Frio (tho i think I suck still against most wifi pikachus) got an amazing 16 in a row and lost to... captain falcon. The win was more of a 2/3rds fluke on my part (frio could help elaborate on that), but there goes a nice record for anyone else (most likely pika's) to try to beat ^_^. Great Job frio!... you'll get me next time. I'll be preppin myself for it >:D.

as for the real life version of the test, i've had 2 people say they 'could' possibly make it so far. If i happen to go to an out of state tourney anytime soon and we gotz time to kill, i'll be glad to give my test again in real life (though I'd probably be taking notes from some of the other mains to help my game ^_^).

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Oi LDPK, I may be available on Sunday in the afternoon or Satuday in the early afternoon. Imma try to keep you updated so I can take your test. Also, sorry for not replying to the message you sent me.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oi LDPK, I may be available on Sunday in the afternoon or Satuday in the early afternoon. Imma try to keep you updated so I can take your test. Also, sorry for not replying to the message you sent me.

No problem Automatic. I apologize for being lazy myself. I just added ESAM's wii number and stuff today and have been getting behind in my brawls (tho in exchange for getting caught up in school... fair trade right?). I'll try to find some time this weekend, but my little sister is coming up to my place to participate in the NC state PR tournament this saturday. Sunday i have church, but i may be free. Just keep me updated and I'll keep you updated.

On another note, I was wondering if any of you who have already taken the test wanted to post some testimonials... you know, any first impression or comments on the silly stuff you find when taking the test. Whether you liked it, thought it was challenging, too easy, or just simply a good place for lols ^_^. I do plan to advance my wifi game so some of you guys get a better experience next time ^_^. Who knows, maybe some of your opinions on the test may scare some people away (or make more people chase after me O_O... T_T).

Yes.

Whether LDPK likes it or not. :evil:
Why do I get the feeling I am being 'used'..... lol. *starting to feel like i am a punching bag*

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC

Well... i never said (yet... hehehe... >:D) that i was the 'best in NC' altogether. I meant best in terms of in some of my secondaries. I 'feel' (from my experience thus far) that I got one of the best if not the best ._. NC yoshi,.
YES!! ive been looking for the best Yoshi in NC to see how I can compare against them. Id like to take your challenge mainly to compare our Yoshis. I can do it in person too since im also in NC. we'll have to wait for a chance, the flu quarantined me away from bills today, though im not sure i could have gone anyway. I havnt looked at the tournament page for a a while now so i dont know if anything is close or not. But keep me in mind nevertheless... in the back of your mind, (i dont have wifi)

whew! im pumped now

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
YES!! ive been looking for the best Yoshi in NC to see how I can compare against them. Id like to take your challenge mainly to compare our Yoshis. I can do it in person too since im also in NC. we'll have to wait for a chance, the flu quarantined me away from bills today, though im not sure i could have gone anyway. I havnt looked at the tournament page for a a while now so i dont know if anything is close or not. But keep me in mind nevertheless... in the back of your mind, (i dont have wifi)

whew! im pumped now
Don't worry. I'd be thrilled to play other people who have mains of my secondaries. For me, even if i would lose, i'd pick up a new thing or two from the main who beat me, thus making my secondaries even better ^_^. I'll 'try' to keep you updated.

ldpk didnt even come to billfest...wtf...
Oh about that, I told the details to Alex and (maybe) Bill, but the reason I couldn't make it was because all of my crewmates and my brother had other stuff to do (that apparently came out at short notice -_-). I was bummed out for sure at the time, but I didn't really feel like going all by myself without my usual 'team'. I normally have a group with me that would help me through the late night (since I am normally not a late night person) but since people were busy this time around, I am really sorry i couldn't make it. I'll try to make it to the next one and I am sorry and apoligize for the diassapointment, Stingerz.

EDIT:
-Apparently Fritz, who went to the tournament for doubles called me up at 1 AM and came by my place that late at night and took my 'real life test'.

Fritz (Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Pikachu, Peach, Ness) ~ 2 in a row (NEW * lost to a mix of yoshi, ice climbers, and ganondorf.... took the test multiple times)

bigman40

Smash Master

Now THAT is a plan. I've been a regular HERB attendee. ^_^

Why leave it at just dittos? hehehe :D. TEST TIME!
lolololol. Sure then. I'll see what my Yoshi can do against your test;)

ok! im going to the next HERB so we'll have some fun. (...hell this is blowing up in my face, now ive got to play scatz!!?!?!) lol no im definitely looking forward to this now...too bad the next HERB is so far away.
Lol. It's actually good is far away. Gives me time to prepare my money and secure things.

~Mieu

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Hayy LDPK tell me when you are availible for me to take the test again,
Im pretty much open exect for tomarrrow.
but everyday. (on weekdays after 3pm im free. High School and all)
im pretty much open. So just tell me when it is convenyent for youu. and ill be onlinee ^^

PZ

Smash Lord
Tlpt

im ready for the test lets brawl ill be using um pikachu, random, or marth ok depending on which day your ready if today pikachu if tommorrow random if wednesday marth and so on on a week day my mom has school after i get back from school so there wont be that much lag since she wont b using the 1st cpu im using the 2nd cpu for chatting if im not here then go to nhotspot.net or http://cocoleto.webs.com/communication.htm i hang out there alot remeber after 4pm

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I'll try it out when you got the time. Put me as #13 =D

Wifi of course
Penned you in.... By the way... nice avatar. I've updated the OP with Fritz and lineup changes.

As for my schedule, I have a take home test due wednesday (tuesday is kind of off) and an interview on thurday (so wednesday is sort of busy). Unless things change, thursday again is the first time i'll be free to give tests. I'll keep all of you updated.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
ill be waitinggg =].
cant wait to beat your gannon xDDDD
(lol that match was like WTh O.O)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
oh... yea... sorry for the long-butt wait.

So here's my schedule... After tuesday is my THANKSGIVING BREAK! Finally.... I'll be free most of the entire weekend if my siblings don't want to go anywhere. Again, I'll contact the each of you in order and take the first one to respond (with the ones who haven't tested yet at all, first).

I have another thing I want to ask: Right now, a petition from a couple of my crewmates and test takers has been brought up and I wanted some people's reponse (preferably those with doing-rankings-type experience).

Here is what some of them say and are wondering about:

-Although the current test ranking system takes the ABSOLUTE best record ever, somewhere along the line comes a problem with rankings: the ones who take the test earlier have a higher ranking than those who take the test later (when LDPK becomes a little bit sharper).

-There's also a problem with those trying to beat their original records: LDPK eventually starts playing differently and its tougher to beat your original record.

-I've (crewmate) been taking the test over 100+ times already and get up to 6 in a row at best. I sort of feel gyped when i see someone else get like 16 in a row so quickly when I've been busting my butt trying to reach 10. (Not trying to diss the person's record at all... you did really well ^_^.)

-As the test is organized right now (even the real life one), I feel that instead of giving the "Ah... I beat 18+ in a row with pure skill and mindgames" feeling, its more of like "Ah... I did so well cuz he sucked more back then than now...."

So... (LDPK here)... I feel bad for any mixed feelings some any of you had including my crewmates. I intended for the test to be a fun once in a while thing/training regimen. I just wondered if any of you have suggestions of how to do some of the rankings or something better to avoid this problem.

Top Bottom