• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Have I seriously not posted my support in this thread?? My KOF main with Clark and King! Ive been freaking about this leak in the Newcomer thread, haha.

FoolishHero

Smash Rookie
Hello.

I personally think people are REALLY sleeping on Terry, with the amount of crossover appearances he's made, how iconic of a character as a whole he is, and the relationship Nintendo and SNK being very close, not to mention Sakurai being a huge fighting game fan and Ryu and Terry having a known rivalry, I honestly see him as one of the most likely DLC characters, I can even envision a moveset for him.

He'd honestly fit the current direction of DLC really well I'd say.

Honestly, one of the issues I find with Terry is that (to be accurate to KoF), he would have a lot of similar mechanics to Ken/Ryu. Autoturnaround and special cancels are definitely going to his moveset if he's added. Could he have a meter like Hyperdrive for even crazier combos?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
And also male Wii Fit Trainer has a significantly different body type and he's still playable alongside the regular female one
Not much difference there. I know that there is a chance but still. I just don't like it.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
People often forget this: without Fatal Fury, King of Fighters wouldn't even exist. The first King of Fighters tournament was organized by Geese Howard, and Terry was the main character in that storyline.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Out of the SNK characters, I like Terry the most. I like his design and think it'd be unique among the cast. As for the alt, why can't we have both Female Terry and MOTW Terry? Have the default be his classic FF/KOF1 incarnation and three palette swaps with F!Terry and MOTW Terry as alts with one additional palette swap each.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is could be it guys...

I can't even contain my hype I still can't believe this may actually happen.
You and me both! The idea that a SNK character could actually get in Smash is getting me hyped again and I am already hyped with Hero and Banjo.

I really like the idea of Nakoruru, Terry Bogard, and Kyo Kusanagi as a King of Fighters team in Smash. It would satisfy a lot of fans of SNK fighting games. But that’s probably asking too much from Sakurai. But then again, he added the Heroes from DQ3, DQ4, DQ8, and DQ11 in Smash and that satisfied a lot of Dragon Quest fans.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But then again, he added the Heroes from DQ3, DQ4, DQ8, and DQ11 in Smash and that satisfied a lot of Dragon Quest fans.
One is just a model swap while the other requires multiple movesets.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://twitter.com/NanaKarobiNIN/status/1168629751180910592?s=09

Someone with a connection to Sabi is saying that the character is Terry. If so, that's awesome! While I admittedly wanted Kyo a bit more I am perfectly fine with this as well.

As for the whole female alt thing, I don't see it happening since it was just a silly one-off thing from a spin-off game. I really do think Terry will get his Garou outfit though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As for the whole female alt thing, I don't see it happening since it was just a silly one-off thing from a spin-off game. I really do think Terry will get his Garou outfit though.
Don't forget how sexualized and skin exposure Female Terry has.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't want to say congrats till Nintendo actually shows him. Best to do it that way.

SNK does deserve its spot in smash, and Sakurai is a fan of the series and was inspired by it. Picking terry makes sense... I just hope they make him unique or whatnot you know?

I mean, I know he would fight different then Ken and Ryu. He would be more like a slow Falcon mixed with Ken if anything. I just would like something more unique added to him.

Would it be farfetched or too out there to add in a Partner with him? Like a Mix of Ice Climbers and Zelda/Shiek? Like Terry and lets say Mai fight together but seperately. Like One fights in the forground and the other is following in the background. They would work together for some moves, like smash attacks or grabs or some specials, and Down B swaps who is out front, changing up the playstyle a bit. It's not exactly how the team mechanic works in the KoF games, but in KoF lore it would fit. KoF is a team based game different from marvel, but this would represent that.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, if it is Terry, can't say I'm disappointed. I'm pretty happy, in fact.

Hopefully he gets his Garou design as an alt.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So, Terry Bogard Stage is this one in Fatal Fury:

Imagine if this is his Stage in Smash.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, Terry Bogard Stage is this one in Fatal Fury:

Imagine if this is his Stage in Smash.
That would be rather fun, though we do already have a train stage in Spirit Train. Lots you could do with a train stage though, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Me before this week: Terry? Nah not cool enough.

Me after viewing the combo video: Wait he can create fire from the ground? Awesome!

So sign me up before everything goes down.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but

I cannot wait for Mexican reaction videos

In the end this may not be the case, this may just be rumors, maybe we'll get a different SNK rep, we just don't know. But if this happens....oh man, I'm gonna lose my damn mind.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I admit I never expected an SNK character, let alone Terry.
But after letting it sink in.. yeah, I'm excited TBH.
So far, my DLC track record has been:

Joker: Neutral
Hero: Hype
Banjo: Neutral
Terry: Hype

If he's truly in, I'm not sure if he's going to be among my main characters, but I'll definitely play him a lot in casuals.

Now if you'll excuse me, KOF XIII is almost done re-installing, so I'm going to relive the days of KOF and start getting the hang of him again.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So , question:
You guys think we will get content , like Music, from Capcom vs SNK in Smash?

Becouse well , Capcom AND SNK are in Smash now lol

Smash is like a Capcom vs SNK 3 now as well

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
With Terry all but confirmed, we have to ask ourselves a very important question...

Will he be voiced by Satoshi Hashimoto (his VA in almost every game) or Takashi Kondo (who voiced him KoF XIV and I think Fighting EX Layer)?

I'm hoping we get his old VA back since it's much more recognizable.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Sign me up I'm here for some Terry B and Hayabusa Baby let's get it

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I knew sticking to my intuition was the right thing to do, congratulations everyone!

Now all we need to do is play the waiting game!

Top Bottom