• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Felt like you guys should see this

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It actually happened! I'm really happy right now. How awesome!

Edit: Also! I kinda get why the; "More characters outside of this fighter pack will be joining the roster" with Terry, because I could see the floating pile of salt coming if Terry "took" one of the final spots, but with the announcement of Terry and the "more coming soon" it made Terry much more hype for some it seems, those who did not know how freaking badass Terry is from before.

Last edited:

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
I hope they keep the command for Power Geyser because if people can't do Shoryukens, just imagine HCB QCF

StormC

Smash Hero
Congrats, guys! Terry is an OKAY addition to Smash.

...if you guys have any recs for the best games to play to get to know Terry, feel free to hit me up.

Predictabo

Smash Cadet

...if you guys have any recs for the best games to play to get to know Terry, feel free to hit me up.
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
The King of Fighters 96, 98, XI, XIII, XIV
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
The King of Fighters 96, 98, XI, XIII, XIV
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
Together with this list, my first encounter with Terry Bogard was in SVC: Chaos. (SNK vs Capcom: Chaos) which I also recomend, it's SNK styled CVS.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
I have to say I was looking for more Kyo or Marco but Terry is great too and it's good to see SNK represented in smash

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I am happy with Terry's inclusion considering that he is one of the popular SNK candidates.

Anyways for those who are wondering who were the characters featured within his trailer, they are in order of appearance:

- Kyo Kusanagi - main protagonist of King of Fighters series (his hand from the KOF94 intro where he usually grabs the invitation.)
- Ryo Sakazaki - Art of Fighting and Kyokougenryu karate practitioner who was a participant during the King of Fighters series along with Robert Garcia and sometimes with either his father Takuma Sakazaki or his younger sister Yuri Sakazaki.
- Andy Bogard & Joe Higashi - Fatal Fury and teammates of Terry Bogard during the King of Fighters. Andy is a ninjutsu practitioner whilst Joe does Muay Thai Kick-boxing.
- Geese Howard - Fatal Fury antagonist who was responsible for murdering Terry's father.
- Nakoruru - A priestess from the Samurai Shodown series.
- Iori Yagami - King of Fighters and Kyo Kusanagi's rival.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Honestly, I find Kyo Kusanagi to be quite boring to be honest.
Terry is in my opinion the true SNK posterboy, and second comes Mai Shiranui.
Even Iori, Geese, Marco, Fio, Haohmaru and Nakoruru appeal to me more.

Just feel Kyo is way too generic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Game recommendations?

Well, my favorite Fatal Fury game is still Fatal Fury Special. It just looks and feels so right to me... it could even rival a Street Fighter II game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

That list up there is great. I have a super soft spot for KOF99 because I would spend many sleepless nights in middle school playing it on PS1 with friends, but that's just my nostalgic pick.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Depends on what you are looking for;

Fatal Fury;
Fatal Fury: King of fighters - The first game, if you want to know the origin story of Terry Bogard.
Fatal Fury 2 - A more open fighting game on the classic. Rivals Street Fighter II well.
Real Bout Fatal Fury - A great upgrade from the classic FF series in terms of graphics and gameplay.
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2; The Newcomers - Gives you a ton of characters and defines the RBFF mechanics.
Garou: Mark of the Wolf - The ultimate Fatal Fury experience. Fewer character as it's another gen of characters, but is more adult Terry.

King of Fighters;

King of Fighters 97' - A great way to get introduced to the KoF series traditions. It's a 3 vs 3 tag team style that the serie was known for.
King of Fighters 2001 - Great roster, and solid mechanics. Includes a 4 team style.
King of Fighters XI - The last and most solid 2D experience of the KoF series. Brings a lot of unique character from a wide selection of the SNK history.
King of Fighters XIV - The latest installment of the franchise. XIV is a 2.5 D game where there are 3D models, but gameplay is 2D. It's solid, and has a variety of choices to play. Perhaps easier to get into if you like a more modern take of the series.

Other;

King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - Could be quite wonky, but a noteworthy SNK 3D take on the King of Fighters series, worth to check out.
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum - A KOF type, 2 on 2 style of game with character variety from different games of SNK's library. Including; Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown, Kizuna Encounter, Last Blade, etc.
SNK vs Capcom: Chaos - The one SNK created game where Capcom characters are created with the KoF style sprites. A darker take on some of the Capcom characters IMO. (Only Single battle here)
Capcom vs SNK 2 - Not created by SNK, but by Capcom, a lot of the SNK characters created into a more polished SFA style, team mode included.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
From what we saw in the gameplay it seems that the move where he punches the ground is his neutral b and the move where he accelerates forward quickly is either a down b like greninja’s or a side b

Winyfiddle662

Smash Cadet
well seeing as terry is now in smash and terry happens to be a favourite character of mine
well im a support this
im happy to join anytime

D

Deleted member

I love the fact that they chanted Terry before he was revealed, showing how much faith they have in the character that they knew he would be chosen. :)
Believe it or not this reminds me of a scene in KoF Destiny wherein Mai, Andy and Joe were cheering on him.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm thinking about Terry's Classic Mode, and I'm thinking it should be similar to Ryu's in a sense that they're all stamina matches that are on Omega stages. I'm already thinking about the potential fighters, and obviously ZSS in her Red Alt could reference Mai, Ryu in his Black alt could reference Kyo, and Ganondorf's white-haired alt could easily represent Geese. Maybe Joker in his red coat alt could represent Rugal, but I don't know if it'll fit him.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm currently warming up to Terry. Definitely earns his place in Smash. Kinda surprised he hadn't been in yet given King of Fighters was one of Smash's inspirations and Sakurai is a fan of it having played the games.

From what we've seen so far he seems like he'll play as a fusion of:ultfalcon:and:ultryu:/:ultken:

That'll be interesting to see.

Ade117

Smash Rookie
I had no idea who Terry was before yesterday but I'm totally down to learn more about Fatal Fury now. I welcome the occasional curve ball.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Here's a video by Maximilian Dood both reacting to Terry, while also having an interesting discussion of future DLC. The most interesting points he brings up are:

1. Early in the Switch's lifespan many old SNK games were released on the eShop and sold like hotcakes, which may have been where interest and talks about Terry coming to smash began
2. There is no truly impossible character that Sakurai could bring in at this point
3. The Tokyo Game Show is coming up in December, about a month before the theoretical window that character 5 would fall into (his guess is Monster Hunter due to the development of an exclusive game for the switch)

Conclusion: point #1 proves that exposure of even older titles matters. #2 is something we've already discussed here. I haven't really seen #3 talked about though, a reveal at TGS (most likely through a direct) seems somewhat reasonable
I posted this in the Isaac thread, but thought you guys would be interested in it too

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can anyone recommend a Fatal Fury title on the Switch?
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

If it doesn't absolutely have to be a Fatal Fury game, The King of Fighters 98.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm currently warming up to Terry. Definitely earns his place in Smash. Kinda surprised he hadn't been in yet given King of Fighters was one of Smash's inspirations and Sakurai is a fan of it having played the games.

From what we've seen so far he seems like he'll play as a fusion of:ultfalcon:and:ultryu:/:ultken:

That'll be interesting to see.
I mean, it makes sense. Brawl was testing the waters for third parties, while 4 had to give Capcom their time in the sun, since :ultmegaman: was one of the biggest requests at the time and pure fighting characters were tried out for the first time with :ultryu:.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Just dropping in to give my congrats. It'll be pretty fun to play as him on these zany stages.

Smash Apprentice
Props to everyone who called Terry last year, far in advance of the SNK leak.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Props to everyone who called Terry last year, far in advance of the SNK leak.
I was unsure about it because I didn't think there was enough demand.

Then again I was also unsure that Ken would get in since he's more different than Dark Pit and Lucina are.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I still haven't decided yet (still waiting on all of the characters), but so far, Terry may very well be my main in Ultimate.

I didn't think it possible, but I'm so glad this happened. That was such a great reveal trailer, too! I've seen it at least 7 times, haha.

I can't wait to hear the song playlist we're going to get. I hope they give SNK the Castlevania treatment.

Watch as support rises...

...for the female version.
This was prophetic.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yo peeps! Still excited about Terry!

But I’m losing my mind over something.
I’m not sure if it was designed poorly, or I’m getting misguided vibes here but...

Why would they put the 5th character to be revealed alongside Terry, and both have the (c) SNK disclaimer at the bottom? Instead of separating the 5th character to its own blank space.

... you don’t think we’re getting another SNK character for #5 do you? Or... a tag Team?

Attachments

Top Bottom