• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But wait, there's more!

The Nintendo GameCube version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be exclusive to all EB stores in Australia when the game makes its debut in January 2007.

The deal, which was finalised with Nintendo Australia yesterday, will see EB Games will retain all exclusivity rights over selling the game and that only one shipment will be brought to Australia. Oh freaking yay.

http://aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=6044

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Hey, remember how everyone was *****ing at those of us that *****ed that the game was getting delayed for Wii, and their reason was that it was "still comming out for Gamecube?"

Chill

Red
BRoomer
lol Zelda is rated M in Australia. Isn't life there more violent than Zelda? What with the crocodile hunting and all.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Hey, remember how everyone was *****ing at those of us that *****ed that the game was getting delayed for Wii, and their reason was that it was "still comming out for Gamecube?"
Yes. What's your point? Are you saying that people telling you to hold your whines when everyone thought that the game was coming out on both consoles is a bad thing, and that we were all supposed to know that obtaining the GCN version of the game would be rediculously difficult and take much longer before it was announced. Well that makes perfect sense.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master

So why are they even bothering releasing it for gamecube now? This is less than a token gesture.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm getting it on the cube now. If I play the Wii version at a freidnds place and like it, I'll get the Wii version, then sell the Gamecube one on Ebay as a "Rare collectors item"

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yes. What's your point? Are you saying that people telling you to hold your whines when everyone thought that the game was coming out on both consoles is a bad thing, and that we were all supposed to know that obtaining the GCN version of the game would be rediculously difficult and take much longer before it was announced. Well that makes perfect sense.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm still in awe that the game is a month within release and we still know NOTHING.
Abso-friggin'-lutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Can you believe that this is probably the game people want the most this year and yet we hardly know anything about it?
People are putting so much into this game on faith that it will be good that I fear as good as it will be, it just won't live up to the RIDICULOUS level of expectations it has.

And it's not just the fans, it's Nintendo's fault, too, for hiding it and treating it like this holy grail and such.
But who am I to say?
Resident Evil 4 took a long time, and that game was f-ing AMAZING.

And I'm sure this one will be, too. But I'm not expecting a lot except that it willbe good. So hopefully it will blow me away.
I guess that's part of their strategy: the less we know about it, the more surprised we'll be when it comes out, the more exciting it will be to see everything first-hand, etc.

I don't know, I just don't know...

And Mic, to answer your earlier question, when I broke 2,000 posts, no, the boards did NOT suddenly explode with intelligence. -_-; That woulda been kinda nice, wouldn't it? Then maybe people wouldn't be taking a bad thread I made and gluing it into the pool room stickies just to give me more bad press for a few dumb things I said in my almost 5 years of being here. Maybe then when I asked mods to help they wouldn't laugh and mock me some more like grade-schoolers.
Oh, well, what can ya do, right?

Anyways, I'm just concerned about getting a dang Wii at launch. I'm holding out for an online pre-order, maybe from Toys 'R Us/Wal Mart or somethin'...

supersmashboy

Smash Lord
I'd much rather know nothing about it beforehand so I can form my own opinions instead of having certain expectations from what a few journalists have said. >_>

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Clever, but I didn't misrepresent your argument as would be necessary for a "Straw Man Fallacy". Rather, I just expanded it to where it points out the obvious flaw that no one who told you to quit complaining knew that the GCN version was going to be a pain to obtain, and that you shouldn't be angry at them.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Eoringlas is right though becuase the complaint was never that the GCN version would be hard to find but that the GC version saw a ridiculous delay just so the Wii version could exist.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Clever, but I didn't misrepresent your argument as would be necessary for a "Straw Man Fallacy". Rather, I just expanded it to where it points out the obvious flaw that no one who told you to quit complaining knew that the GCN version was going to be a pain to obtain, and that you shouldn't be angry at them.

Wiki said:
To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is to create a position that is easy to refute, then attribute that position to the opponent
Chill already explained my point. But since that report turned out to be wrong, I have no reason to be worried.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
For some reason I keep thing of those straw men in that Zelda demo...

Anyway, some of my friends who are Zelda fans are a bit annoyed with the wolf thing.
"Link should just stay human/Hylian, I don't want to run around as a stupid wolf."

Do you think Nintendo made the wolf mechanics work well? Or will it just be more or less gimmicky?

I have faith it will be just fine. But then again, that's the thing--this is ALL taken on faith.

I agree, I'd rather know nothing of the game, BUT, I think it's foolish to spend $50 on a game blindly on faith. I want to know this game is going to be worth my money before I buy it. Now, I AM going on faith and planning on buying it, anyway, but it better be good for all Nintendo has bragged about it.
We could know more hard facts about it that don't spoil anything but give us an idea of how big the game is, etc.

But at this point, it's just a short matter of time until we get out hands on it and find out ourselves, I guess.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The wolf thing should be awesome. I don't doubt that it some point during the game, though, that he will be able to exist as himself in the Shadow World. I think they're going back to A Link to a Past for inspiration, and that game had fun, puzzling gameplay with exploration and such. Giving Link a wolf form not only adds to the cool factor, but also allows for puzzles that a human Link couldn't achieve.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
friends said:
"Link should just stay human/Hylian, I don't want to run around as a stupid wolf."
The should be jumping for joy. Link's inner nature in A Link to the Past was a pink rabbit. Ooh, keeper of the triforce of courage is actually a pink rabbit. A brave bunny, but still a bunny.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, come on, that was AMAZING.

Guarantee you Link will be able to use the Moon Pearl to revert to human form in the Dark realm.

SOOOOoooo...My bet says we'll be seeing lots of Zelda details trickle out in about a week...

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2006/10/23/34660/

Also...
http://www.zeldalegends.net/
Scroll down a few stories, and you can (if you want) read some gameplay spoilers concerning items.

I really just want to avoid all spoilers from here on out, but we'll see how well my self-control handles that. ^_^;

Oh, and if you haven't yet, check out this Zelda/Wii video, hand-made by a dedicated fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOg41l7EMI

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Looks better already. For a comparatively weak console... Actually created for an even more comparatively weak console, the graphic detail is far from disappointing. As for Link obtaining the Moon Pearl, or similar, I wouldn't be surprised at all, but if it exists, it will come much later in the game, since Link is still proficient at dismissing his enemies in Wolf form.

As to the "Spoiler", I almost went out of my way to post the O Rly owl picture, but my apathy caught me... On the other hand, Ball and Chain sounds awesome. :)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
As to the "Spoiler", I almost went out of my way to post the O Rly owl picture, but my apathy caught me... On the other hand,
Ball and Chain
sounds awesome. :)
Don't reveal it to people that don't want to know.

I read those spoilers. The story one was basically a no-brainer, but the items sound badass.

Edit: Wow paranoid android, you're a complete badass by enlarging that. I was I was as cool as you.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, notice how I posted a link and said that there were spoilers. =P

Anyway, yes, the items do sound cool.

My main questions still remain:
How will Link in Wolf form play?
How well will the Wii-mote play?
And how developed with the animation/story-telling be?

Example of what disappoints?
The new Sonic game. Graphically, looks great. Cool atmosphere, music, storyline (from what I can tell) and all that...but the gameplay is just...the SAME OLD SONIC from the Adventure series...and that had a lot of flaws that still aren't worked out.

Not that I think Zelda will screw it up.
Not a matter of whether it will be good, it's a matter of HOW good it will be, now, isn't it?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
In the last issue of Game Informer (which was a few weeks ago), there was some ad for a Wii launch, and more particularly, Zelda: TP party (or something like that) going on at EB games and Gamestop at midnight of November 19th - I wonder what that's about.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I remember hearing about that, too.
I'm more excited about hearing what Matt Casamassina (sp?) will have to say about it. While he does love Nintendo, he's also hard on them and critical of them.
He's been complaining about the Wii's flaws for a while, while also acknowledging its strengths. So I have faith he'll be a good voice to listen to as far as how good the final product is and whether or not it will live up to the hype.
I'm just worried as to whether or not I'll be able to get one at launch, dangitall.
*holds out hope that by December 3rd the Nintendo Store will have Wiis in stock to just walk in and buy*

saberhof

Smash Master
wIIIIIII, i got to play Wii at nintendo fusion tour!, zelda is awsome!!, great game play, hard to aim you just need to get used to, stryks was the fastest at the concert to finish it.. pretty awsome concert too :D
cant wait till wii comes out!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
O-M-G! I never would have guessed that story line spoiler!!! OMG!!!!111!1!!shift!!!1111one!!!11

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer

Stryks

Smash Hero
aww man, I played the wii on friday, and as soon as I arrivd I went directly for Zelda, and i gotta tell ya it surpasses anything i could have expected, lo land it was just a demo XD, ok well the sword fight was prett fun, u dint have to move the wii mote just like a sword just a little, dont know if i explain myself, and well the action was non stop, and pretty simple puzzles, but i have seen qa video of that same demo so i knew what to do, also the arrow shooting was so freakin awesome, took me a while to get use to the control, but it was a lot of fun, i took all the far away guys by headshot, lol it was funny... gotta say im diyin to play the game itself, and not just a demo...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, the demo is not entirely a good representation of the final product.

And we gotta remember, it's gonna take a learning curve for the Wii.
And it's going to be worth it if the console is designed well and the games are designed well.
Don't know about you, but I played Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Amazing controls, ONCE you to used to them, which did take a while.
But dang, was it worth it, I felt like I had so much control.
I kinda wish I got to play that game online, and maybe I will during a break, or something, but I just didn't get to it due to college restarting and work exhausting me this summer.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** MK, I thought you were dead. Welcome back!

On topic, I just saw those artworks a couple of minutes ago. They look awesome and EPIC.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
There were 3 new artworks released--Sheilf, Sword, and Link on Epona.
The art can be found here:

http://www.raurusreturn.net/

There's also some 'spoilerific' news just released, apparently, but I'm not looking into it.
It's very tempting, though.
The next few weeks are gonna hard, trying to avoid spoilers but learn more about the game and how good it is...

If there's gameplay stuff in there, like how big the game is, how the controls feel, etc., I'm interested, but not about storyline, locations, characters, etc.
So I'm hoping those journalists don't spill spoilers without warning.

http://thehylia.com/

There's another good news site.
And here's another piece of artwork I found there:

Top Bottom