• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
In Windw Waker, the beginning is very vauge on what happens between OoT and Winder Waker. It did show illustrations of a dark shadow entity(most likely some power of Ganon) overwhelming Hyrule. If I am correct the game did state that he was sealed, pushed back per say. My assumption is Link and Zelda seal him away again and that seal is only temporary which makes it very easy for Ganon to return in Wind Waker and *****-slap Hyrule.

EDIT: ****, they made the censor better... oh poo...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
First of all, I like this crazy new posting system. Everything is new and shiny. I feel like I am soiling it by my very presence. Maybe I should get out more.

Any case, I thought the whole point of the intro to Wind Waker was that Ganon/Gannondorf returned, but Link didn't show up. Well, by virtue of the fact that we're going to be playing this game, as Link, doesn't that rule out this as a direct link between the two? I mean, if this Link really does try to stop Ganon/Gannondorf, and fails, you'd think he'd at least get an honorable mention, or something.
Besides, (and I already posted this, but it was a few pages back, and people have likely forgotten it) how do we know that the intro to Wind Waker was refering to OoT Link? He is depicted as an riding a horse in the intro. He is shown as a statue in Hyrule Castle, to be an adult Link, who carries the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield. Now, what do we know about this new Link? He is an adult Link. He rides a horse. He caries the Hylian Shield, which, I might add, only OoT Link carries as well. If this game stays true to the series, he's gonna end up with the Master Sword eventually. Now from this point on, this could be a stretch, but we all know how Nintendo likes to stretch details, so I'll bring it up anyway. Ever look closely at the statue of Link in Wind Waker? Look at his hair. Its parted off to the side, the way Twillight Princess Link has it, NOT in the middle the way OoT Link has it. Now of course, this could just be the artistic license they took when brining OoT Link into cell shading, but I find it quite convenient how this Link also carries the Hylian Shield, instead of the Hero's Shield, which has been used in every other game but OoT.
Okay, so I'm stretching things a bit, and I don't believe that it was Nintendo's intent in WW to reference this new Link from TP. However, I do suspect that Nintendo might twist things around and make it look as though it was their intent.
In any case, I firmly believe that this game will not depict the events directly preceeding Wind Waker. And that's all i have to say for now. As if anybody's really gonna take thet time to read tht whole post...

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's my thoughts. Maybe Link not appearing, is more figurative than we think.

A. At the beginning of MM, we learned he was leaving Hyrule for some reason, which is when Zelda slipped him the Ocarina of Time. This shows that Link was already leaving.

B. Link is shown as being a farmer in TP. Maybe he's been trying to escape the events that have been plaguing him since OoT.

So maybe, the fact that he even transforms into a wolf, is maybe that Link doesn't "appear" as the hero. Maybe he is really just trying to avoid his past, and not wanting to come back. Yet he gets dragged back into it all again.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The problem with that theory is that this isn't the same Link from Ocarina and MM. It's a different Link in a different time.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
The theory about TP Link being the hero mentioned in WW has surprising merit actually. Not only do the mentioned facts check out, (Had to dust off my copy of Wind Waker to check it) but Link did not get a whole lot of publicity in Oot. Nobody reacted to him in casual conversation as a great hero, and nobody followed him around enough to really get the idea of what was happening. Ganon isn't going to tell who defeated him, and Zelda probably wouldn't want to make a big deal out of it, considering how bad she feels about screwing up Link's life, not to mention the world, so the less she has to talk about it, the better off she is.

Nobody really knew Oot link well enough to spread his story around. The only option left is the sages, but the end of Oot kind of hints that they are not going to be doing a lot of socializing anymore now that they have an evil sorcerer to guard.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
But we do not know if the Hylians can tell the difference. This may be reaching a little, but it's possible that nobody knows there is a difference between Oot Link and TP Link.

Think about it. All of the sudden Ganon disappears, and someone called the Hero of Time is rumored to have done it, a kid running around in green. Very soon after, TP Link shows up and saves them. Putting two and two together, it's easy to assume they are one and the same.

The biggest clue that there is something wrong with Oot Link being the hero mentioned in WW is the statue. How would they know enough about him to create a statue? The legend may refer to Oot Link, but the statue is indicating TP Link, so they may have gotten the two mixed up.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
The rAt said:
Ever look closely at the statue of Link in Wind Waker? Look at his hair. Its parted off to the side, the way Twillight Princess Link has it, NOT in the middle the way OoT Link has it. Now of course, this could just be the artistic license they took when brining OoT Link into cell shading, but I find it quite convenient how this Link also carries the Hylian Shield, instead of the Hero's Shield, which has been used in every other game but OoT.
That's not true. The Link to the Past artwork clearly shows him with the Hylian Shield. Also LttP did not utilize the Hero Shield, they utilized the Mirror Shield, much like in OoT or shall I say OoT utilized it much like in LttP....

GanNingoftheBell

Smash Apprentice
I'd asume that since Hyrule still exists, that is why TP link uses a Hylian shield. The reason why he doesnt use it in windwaker is no hyrule. And in the first two zelda games, he kinda finds his shields all peasant style.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's right, in Wind Waker he uses the Hero's Shield. Said to be used by the first hero. You know who else used it? OoT Link. In Majora's Mask. Granted, the artwork is different, but the entire effing style is different. You can't always go by the artwork. I mean, look at the Master Sword! It's changed in appearance like five times.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Well, that was part of my point, PokemonMaster01; that with every Legend of Zelda game, the weapons and devices Link uses have changed to fit the game. Why, then, would Nintendo intentionally return to an older design that was used in one game, keeping it looking exactly the same? Seems as though Hero's sheild is different, as it has appeared in many games, and with many different looks. Who knows if the shield means anything? Certainly not me, because the game is not out yet. But I do like to speculate...

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Isn't there a separate topic for all of this timeline/story/whatever stuff?

...and couldn't there be more than one hero's shield...like there's more than one Link OMG...I mean it's a pretty generic name...

...I'm not quite sure who I'm arguing against with that point...meh...

Elemental Hero

Smash Rookie
You guys are obsessed

It's just a game geeezzzz!!!

It looks awesome but COME ON YOU DON'T HAVE TO FAINT OR DIE OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
You guys are obsessed

It's just a game geeezzzz!!!

It looks awesome but COME ON YOU DON'T HAVE TO FAINT OR DIE OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm trying to stay out of this topic to avoid any potential spoilers (even little things). I want this Zelda to be very fresh for me, I feel like I ruined Wind Waker last time because I read so much about it. All I want to know going into Twilight Princess is what I currently know.

Have you guys gone to:
http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/main.php?page=zeldatp.html
yet? They have the Overworld Theme, and I must say, I love it.

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
The overworld theme is fake'd. It was part of some kind of DS download (Something similar), it is not the overworld theme. I also have a good amount of info, although none of it is confirmed

This guy, MasterGDSword, on GameFAQs claims to have played an extended version of the demo. He also has knowledge of the game pretty much no one else knows. TSA, the greatest Zelda player alive (He is responsible for the best Zelda speedruns) doubts him, or atleast doubted him. TSA is a V.I.P. to Nintendo and he had to undergo a NDA about the game (He will also get the game early), MasterGDSword also claims to have a NDA. Anyways, MasterGDSword claims
the overworld is huge and more complex than San Andreas', he also claims there will be some sort of air transportation, the Master Sword will appear under a new name, Midna is only important near the beginning, you gain an item similar to the Moon Pearl that allows you to shapeshift in the Twilight Realm on your own whim, and there is something special about the fishing (Vibration was his hint).

As some of you know, a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) cannot be breached or the offender will have to pay what the average Joe gets yearly in pay plus a couple of thousand. Take all of this with a grain of salt.

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
I went ahead and marked spoilers. I figured since it is not really confirmed that it was not necesarry, but whatever. I have a feeling this guy is telling the truth. He is not some newb/troll/n00b, he is a respected member of GameFAQs with over 400 karma. He has shown pictures of himself in E3, his E3 tag, him in the 'secret room' and more. He is not an ordinary man by any means.

Anyways, he has spilled even more beans:
He is aware of one new item that no one else knows, he said it is brand new. I said it must be the item for the Fire Temple because that is the only other temple revealed and the only other one that could possibly be developed enough to have an item. So think fire for the new item.

He said there are more than five temples, one covering each element, one for heaven, one for ****, one for time, and one for space. He put 'time, and space' instead of 'time and space' so I commented on that. 'Time and space' would signify one dungeon based around time and space while 'time, and space' would mean a time dungeon and a space dungeon. Don't call me Hawkeyes for nothing.

Moblins and Dekus will make an appearence somewhere, and there are various weather conditions such as lightning, that he describes as 'very beautiful'. Finally there is no musical instrument.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mediocre said:
Don't worry; it's all bull**** anyway.
And if it turns out to be true?

On a side note, I've found out that the horse is NOT Epona, in fact, you get to name it.

The rAt

Smash Ace
mic_128 said:
On a side note, I've found out that the horse is NOT Epona, in fact, you get to name it.
Well, by that logic the dude in the green duds is not Link.

Epona = SOME horse, owned by Link.

Obviously this can't be the same horse as in previous games, as this isn't the same Link. However, it must be noted that in the same way the default name for Link is Link, the default name for Epona is Epona. Even more so, if I remember correctly, because wasn't it named Epona in the demos we've seen? In any case. This horse both is and isn't Epona depending on how you wanna look at it.
Huh... I suppose I could have found a more polite way of saying that. Too harsh? My bad. Oh, and to whoever it was who said a few pages back that this is only a game, props. I think I take this a little too seriously, but when you're trying to write a book like me, you get tend to focus a bit much on the fictional. Any case, thanks for the reality check :dizzy:

Tha's all for now. Have a good one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What i mean, is yes, this is Link. Link is link. The horse just isn't called Epona in this one.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
They were calling it Epona at E3 I think...and the rat has a point...I don't think he has ever actually been called Link within any of the games, or at least not the one's I've played...it's always up to you what he's called...so I'm just gonna call the horse Epona anyways...

And as for these new claims, I wouldn't believe a word of it untill it is confirmed by more than one person...

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
Fierce Deity Vegeta said:
They were calling it Epona at E3 I think...and the rat has a point...I don't think he has ever actually been called Link within any of the games, or at least not the one's I've played...it's always up to you what he's called...so I'm just gonna call the horse Epona anyways...

And as for these new claims, I wouldn't believe a word of it untill it is confirmed by more than one person...
in e3 it was epona, but in the actual game i believe you will be able to name the horse whatever you want.

UltimateYoshi

Smash Cadet
Since I'm too lazy to check through all of this topic, did you all see the E3 trailer from 04 that shows the crowd's reactions? That was simply mindblowing.

Just got the Nintendo Power E3 DVD last week, and this game is looking better than ever. It's fixing to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
This might be a pointless ruse, but I wish they'd put the Magnet item used in the Oracle games into this game. I loved the magnet.

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are a lot of cool items from the 2D games that I'd like to see in a 3D game, such as the Fire/Ice Rods, the said magnet, and most of all the bug catching net! Hehe.

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
Really important.

This is from GameFAQs from the world-reknowned TSA. If you guys think he is some random guy, feel free to EMail IGN about him and they too will tell you he is a very important person. Now that this is out of the way, here is what he said:
I rule. I get Twilight Princess three weeks early as it is one of the 6-8 games that will be going out to media contacts this fall for advanced reviews (some games only got out to media outlets a few days before launch).

I also received a copy of the full demo of TP, and whoever said that crap about "unlockable stuff" in that spoilers thread lied their rear ends off. Unfortunately, I can't speak about anything beyond what was in the E3 footage.

BUT! THERE IS NO NDA FOR THE FINAL COPY OF TP! THIS MEANS 3 WEEKS BEFORE LAUNCH, I WILL BE ABLE TO POST EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME, INCLUDING MY SPEED RUN!

Oh heck yeah! Pwnage.

OH YEAH! I can say this:

November 12th, 2005. Get in line ladies in gentleman.

Now people think he means that he will get the game at that date when he says the 'line' comment. But if you think about it, it is obvious that he means this is the real release date. So it is basically confirmed that
November 12th, 2005
is the release date.

Here is a link to the topic. Obvious spoilers: TSA's topic.

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
TSA is so full of himself it's insane.

How would he have the demo already? It just doesn't seem plausible. Why would someone of his caliber, such importance to already have the demo of the game and to receive the game three weeks early, post on the Gamefaqs boards bragging to have the demo?

I think he should post some shots of him playing the demo, then I'll believe him. Until then, anything he says sounds pretty farfetch'd to me.

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
mic_128 said:
If they post on GameFaqs, it's not reliable. Ever.
Wrong. If anyone remembers Benjudd from the Resident Evil 4 boards, the man a bunch of people doubted. He was an employee of Capcom of Japan and he told us information in the same manner as TSA and everything he said came true. He was also under a NDA, obviously. I completely trust TSA. I bet anyone that if the game isn't delayed, it will release in the range of Nov. 12th-Nov. 15th (The street date is Nov. 15th, I beleive). Another guy called BLZBUB works for Nintendo, as he showed the test DS about a week before it came out and he has taken TSA's side. Beleive what you want guys, but I have learned that people really have no reason to lie, and they are often honest. Especially respected people who have been on GameFAQs for years and been a Nintendo V.I.P. for just as long.

Top Bottom