• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
It hasn't been announced anywhere else except for some magazine scan, and you all thing it's real? Nintendo's Website still says it hasn't been given a name yet... I'd rather just them themselves, not some scan from a magazine with incorrect dates for game releases and new games we haven't even heard of yet.

When Nintendo announces a different title I will laugh at you all. Except Rev, he's cool.

And if it really is Twilight Princess I'll promtly kill myself. After killing Nintendo.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
JMY, GameSpot had to have gotten the logo from somewhere valid. Random sites don't go creating awesome logos like that and releasing them to GameSpot.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Now THAT's a logo. And it turns out the **** wolf IS a big part of the story....

EDIT DAMMIT! New screens!

New images? That's bull...hee hee...

What. The. Hell.

Lamps back.

Now, Who could this be i wonder?

TWILIGHT PRINCESS!?

And a fitting end to a great collection of screens. Enjoy.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Originally posted by mic_128

Now THAT's a logo. And it turns out the **** wolf IS a big part of the story....
HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU SO!

...unless of course this is fake...and that name really does stink...

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh my god, I can't stop laughing. What the hell has Nintendo been smoking? Is that a wolf with a monkey on it or something? And what is up with Link's facial expression? lmao.

At least zelda looks super pretty <3 this game looks superb for GCN graphics, the lightning effects are lovely.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's more more more!

A search of the title Twilight Princess on the Internet, however, reveals some interesting information. Apparently this is also the name of a Japanese manga which was inspired by the movie Ladyhawke. That film tells the story of a knight and his lady ruined by a horrible curse. The knight is forever cursed to transform into a wolf with the moonlight, just as the lady is cursed to change into a hawk at the first sign of sunlight. There is a possibility, albeit far from proven, that the new Zelda may mirror this storyline. Footage from the latest trailer seems to back this theory, as Link can be seen carrying a hawk on his arm as he explores certain areas. If Twilight Princess does follow the Ladyhawke storyline, that hawk would of course be Zelda.

NEW VIDEO! (Only the tiny Stream for Win Media player will work)

I won't say anything about the vid other than "Shit YEAH! and if anyone has a link (harhar) to a download, plesae post it.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
****. It is called Twilight Princess. Dammit.

At least there's a reason for it.

Oh yeah and the trailer is officialy secks. I am hearting the graphics <3

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Twillight Princess, eh? Okay, I'll take it. But if I regret this, Nintendo is going to pay. Money. To me. Or else. Stuff. I forgot where I was going with this...
Any case, do those shots w/ the wolf and the colorful flag/hand/whatever remind anyone else of Hyrule castle in WW, before you take the master sword? Just a thought.
Anyways, I'm not at all thrilled with the idea of Link as a wolf. Or Zelda as a hawk, for that matter. But I'll give it a shot. Hey, the pretty screens alone demand that much. That's all for now.
Later.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
When you think about it... the game is called the Legend of Zelda. I think, however feminine it may be, that title would be fitting. But I also say that Nintendo will give it a different name over here in the states because we are less comfortable with our sexualities than the Japanese. Or something along that line.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
But I also say that Nintendo will give it a different name over here in the states because we are less comfortable with our sexualities than the Japanese. Or something along that line.
The Japanese are openly perverse in ways that would give Americans shivers.

I'm not criticizing, mind you.

Oh, sorry, we're talking about Zelda?

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
Almost cried

What an awesome trailer, although a little less spectacular than the first trailer (Thats okay, nothing could top that, I even shedded tears during the first trailer). The trailer is very cinematic and beautiful. Notice how the logo has the mask that weird girl that rides Link in wolf form wears. Could it be the new item, the equivalent to the Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The gameplay looks amazing. After watching all this next-gen stuff though the graphics aren't that impressive. XD For GameCube they're pretty awesome, though.

Download that 90MB trailer, you won't regret it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Good trailer, although I really want to know wtf that black and white demon child is. And that entire palace. Aka, the storyline. Just that.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Anyone notice that the Imp Kid riding Link happens to look quite a bit like he's wearing Majora's mask...

Some guy had it on a website, and it looked quite similar and believeable.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It doesn't look a thing like Majoras Mask.

Nope, not even close.

I'm assuming the wierd girl is the Twilight Princess
1. How do you know its even female?
2. The twilight princess is Zelda. Duh.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Originally posted by mic_128
1. How do you know its even female?
2. The twilight princess is Zelda. Duh.
1. Boobs. Looks fem from the close up you see.
2. Says who. Just because Zelda is a princess doesn't mean she's the TWILIGHT princess. I'm gonna bet that the Twilight Princess from the title isn't Zelda, unless it's been stated somewhere she is.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well somehow i doubt that the monkey is Zelda, boobs or no boobs. I'm willing to bet that the creature is from the same...place...as the things that dropped from the sky.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
...well someone earlier claimed that the rider was a girl...anyway, unless you're talking about the one in the tower with the cloak (who imo has to be Zelda), I have no idea who you mean.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Yes I believe the rider is a girl, and the Twilight Princess to be exact... and that she is not Zelda but an entirely different--thing. Two Princess can exist :D

Why am I assuming all this stuff? Because I think it would be too obvious if Zelda is what the title calls the "Twilight Princess", but maybe I just like to argue. If I'm wrong I won't really care but if I'm right I'll make sure to drop in a "I told you so!". =D

I'm just guessing and making up theories here, after all.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
It has a little tummy but not a huge one and the boobs aren't all droopy like fatman boobs.

Of course one thing I'm not taking into account is if the little girl/guy is from a species where men have boobs. I think we can all agree it's not human.

TBIRallySport

Smash Cadet
In the picture that Craftstar posted that has the boobs circled, the pattern on the piece of the helmet/hat/thing that is covering the "Twilight Princess's" eye does look sorta like one of the eyes on Majora's mask.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It also looks like the creatures eye when it's open fully.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Acutally the chick in the cloak is named Angie. She works part-time at Taco Bell, and enjoys going to the mall with her friends and her boyfriend Todd.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
link turned into the wolf. the wolf even has link's earrings. why would link turn into a wolf? this game is really wierd looking now.

Canis lupus

Fab Dandy
BRoomer
Originally posted by Craftstar
Plus this way there are way more jokes to be made about the Twilight Princess riding Link hard, etc.
Doggie-style, no less.
Uh, let's not.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Format: Nintendo GameCubeTM
Launch Date: Holiday 2005
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: Adventure
Accessories: Memory Card
Players: 1

Developed by Nintendo

KEY INFORMATION

When an evil darkness enshrouds the land of Hyrule, a young farm boy named Link must awaken the hero...and the animal...within.

# When Link travels to into the darkened land of Hyrule, he transforms into a wolf and must scour the land with the help of a mysterious being named Midna.

# Ride into battle against troops of foul creatures with an incredible horseback combat system, then take on massive bosses that must be seen to be believed.

# Many puzzles stand between Link and the fulfillment of his quest, so players must sharpen their wits as they hunt for weapons and items.

Game Storyline: Link, a young man raised as a wrangler in a small, rural village, is ordered by the mayor to attend the Hyrule Summit. He sets off, oblivious to the dark fate that has descended upon the kingdom. When he enters the Twilight Realm that has covered Hyrule, he transforms into a wolf and is captured. A mysterious figure named Midna helps him break free, and with the aid of her magic, they set off to free the land from the shadows.

Characters: Link, Zelda, Midna and many others, both new and old

How to progress through the game: Link must explore the vast land of Hyrule and uncover the mystery behind its plunge into darkness. As he does, he'll have to enlist the aid of friendly folk, solve puzzles and battle his way through dangerous dungeons. In the Twilight Realm, he'll have to use his wolf abilities and Midna's magic to bring light to the land.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Buh? No multiplayer? Eiji Aonuma was saying that there was going to be some sort of co-op or something...

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe he meant co-op between a NPC? *cough*

During the gameplay footage from E3, I heard him say that this takes place between OoT and tWW. Wtf?

Although the game looks absolutely incredible. So I don't really care.

saud

Smash Lord
Okay, I have a question. Will Link automatically transform into the wolf, or could the player pick to transform or not?

I mean will just part of the game involve Link and the other him as the wolf? Or do you guys think that he has to transform into a wolf only at night and the rest he will be Link? Give your thoughts or answers if they exist please.

Top Bottom