• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Laserlock

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone actually incorporate this in their game? I know i never even try to get someone in it, let alone go for the F-tilt set up (easiest IMO). But does anyone use it consistently? If done at one end of the map it can be a GREAT damage dealer. Actually, by writing this post, I think I'm gonna start going for it more often. Because the few times I have attempted and got it, it did a good 20-30 damage.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i've said in dozens of threads that the LL is an easy way to tack on percent
against Falco's hardest opponents (GW Marth MK) Ftilt -> LL is way easy
i've incoporated this into my game fully, i get it at least twice per set

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I try it whenever my ledgeattack hits!
And sometimes with the Ftilt.
At times I even try the Up+B xD but only once in a while!

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
i use it if i see a chance,
its a good way to rack up damage against people falco has trouble against
my best set up is knocking someone off the ledge in battlefield, for some reason noone techs that, and i take advantage.
but yea you won't always get it, buts is some great satisfaction if you do

J4pu

Smash Champion
Does the ftilt set-up require you to use an angled ftilt? I've heard of it and I believe I tried it at random points whenever I thought of it while playing but i never remember it working. (I know it requires a certain %, M2K has a list posted)

clowsui

Smash Legend
i really don't think it matters, it's been about two weeks since i've played brawl so i don't remember
but yeah the general percent range is around 74% give or take 10% for certain characters. try angling down? it'll "pop" them up at a sharp angle so that they start their descent at a sharp angle.

Remember that as soon as they get popped up by the ftilt you need to start firing

wangston

Smash Lord
I don't really try to laser lock anymore it's not something I think about when playing. I'm going to start incorporating this every now and then. I'll be sure next time to f-tilt to LL. I should really fire laser especially after I land a dair.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I will be recording today against my fellow Cincinnati smashers (OS is maybe coming..but that'd be the only "famous" Cincy guy)...I will be sure to demonstrate to you the ease of creating LLs =D

J4pu

Smash Champion
Ok so I put some effort into trying to get LL's today during some friendlies and I think somebody would have to be ******** to get into one after a Ftilt that knocks them down, because first it knocks them up to above head level and back half of FD with no DI, who would willingly let themselves fall after that?
I have to think the ledge attack is the best bet for LL

J4pu

Smash Champion
**** I was spamming ftilt and I never saw this point, stupid diminishing returns effed me over is my guess. which leads me to another question.

If an attack is being punished by diminishing returns will it still knock them on their butt at the same percentage as if it was fresh? IE does being knocked down depend on knockback speed or %?

clowsui

Smash Legend
ftilt has to be fresh/near fresh, unfortunately...found that out yesterday
at most it can have 1-2 diminish pts

wangston

Smash Lord
Fresh????? Ohhh.... no wonder the LL set up never works for me. I use ftilt it's a good space move and it pokes. I guess next time I will wait and try to set this up. If it really is that good of a way to see up LLs then I'm going to have to use it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I treat it like I treat the chaingrab. Go for it if they give me a chance, but don't go into a match with the intention of getting it. They're both punishable if your opponent knows you're going for it.

Top Bottom