• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The KQMMGP #5: Secrets Championship Koro wins by Coin Flip! (Lazy Bums :@)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
The Kazoo Quit Mini-Modding Grand Prix #5: Secrets

No catchy picture this time. (If you have an idea for one, shoot.)

A few new rules added, read below.
The Skinny

1. With your entrance into this tourney, you hereby give your right for all your matches to be recorded.
  2. You must have a live form of communication available to the other player @ all times! This includes, but is not limited to: IM, xat, or any other form of communication in which you can contact your opponent in real time. No exceptions. If I find out you don't have this, you will be DQed.
  3. Please record your matches if possible! For those of you who don't have anything to record with, please send me your matches. My Wii number is on my posting information. For those wondering to how to save your matches, head here and follow the directions in the OP.
  4. I reserve the right to remove entrants from the tournament @ my discretion should there be any reason for additional removals of entrants. Also, cutoff dates for this tourney will be firm! For those who contact their opponent on playing a match both early & often, you have nothing to worry about. If not, SoL.
  5. The prize for winning the tourney will be determined @ a later date. I can readily assure you that it won't be 2000 Wii Points, but something far greater. :)
  6. This is the fifth of seven online tourneys that I will be hosting with a very handsome reward on for the top three winners.
  7. Current rankings in the grand prix can be viewed here.
Schedule:
5/18 Registration opens
Rules:

• The only characters you can use are characters that aren't in a Shrink wrapped copy of Barlw. These characters are: :gw: :ganondorf::falco::marth::jigglypuff::wolf::ness2::toonlink::luigi2::falcon::snake::rob::lucario::sonic:
  • This is a double elimination tourney. Winner's & Loser's Semis, Finals, and Championship rounds are best three of five. Everything else is best of three.
  • Report your matches in this thread and the results will be updated...
  • Items off.
  • Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
  • First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
  • The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
  • No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
  • Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
  • Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
  • Chain grabs are allowed up to 300%.
  • Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
  • In the instance of severe lag: Winners will be determined by coin flip.
Neutral:
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

Couterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Halberd

Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per player
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

If you want in:
Sign up format: Smashboards profile name/Brawl name/Brawl friend code/Characters you will be playing with. A xat chat is available here. If you haven't been on the chat before, send me a VM for access to it.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Entry List!

1. thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/ :marth: :gw: :snake: :wolf: :luigi: :rob::toonlink:
  2. Aibou/Qbone/0002-6011-9207/:rob::gw:
  3. Cubone/Qbone/4983-4608-3365 /:rob::gw:
  4. jimmyfosho/jimmy/3094-8397-9269/ :falcon: :luigi2:
  5. Jbandit/3781-9670-1788/J/:gw: :jigglypuff:
  6. 8Bitman/ Bunny/ 4768-7105-1523/ M3H B3AuTiFuL :rob: & :gw:
  7. Ray Robo/ 3395-5573-1816/SoRay/:toonlink: :falco: :lucario: :marth:
  8. Sonic Storm/Josh/3094-1282-9792/:sonic: :jigglypuff:
  9. Bnzaaa/Bnzaa/2363-5880-6155/ :snake::gw::marth::toonlink: :falco:
  10. korobeniki/KoRo?/1934-3901-4627/:gw: :falco::marth::wolf::ness2: :toonlink::luigi2::falcon::snake::rob:
  11. Slader7/ Slade / 4768-8130-4063 / :falcon: :snake: :falco:
  12. Red Ryu/ RedRy / 2578-2778-1689 /:lucario:
  13. Hot_ArmS/HarmS/1160 9397 3726/:snake::falcon:
  14. Psychicboy/ Psy /4855-7368-5543 / :falco: :toonlink: :jigglypuff:
  15. Q/2363-7925-1787 :gw:
  16. NightSky/NiGHt/ 1935-2220-3712/ :ganondorf: :luigi2: :snake: :falco: :falcon:
WAITING LIST:

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Brackets:

Current GP Standings:
Points Total (after 4 of 7 events)

1. thegreatkazoo 10.5
  2. Aibou 10
  3. 8bitman 7
  4. DevilWillCry 4.5
  5. Cubone 3
  6. Sonic Storm 3
  7. NightSky 2
  8. Gf2tw 1.5
  9. Hero of Banthum 1.5
  10. Mcmuff1nman 1
  11. Scumfever .5
  12. DTP .5

Aibou

Smash Master
I want that prize :mad:

I have new info, Kazoo. I posted it on your wall :o

Also, I'm not understanding the theme :confused:

Thirdly...Nvm you fixed it xD

And lastly, since Zelda isn't allowed, you can put down :random: for me since I use pretty much all of the listed chars.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I want that prize :mad:

I have new info, Kazoo. I posted it on your wall :o

Also, I'm not understanding the theme :confused:

And lastly, since Zelda isn't allowed, you can put down :random: for me since I use pretty much all of the listed chars.
You got 7 points from winning the tourney. Scoring is 7-3-1 for 1st-2nd-3rd, respectively. I'm still in first because I won the first two. =D

Secrets=All secret characters on Brawl. I don't know what I will think of for the sixth, and the last one will be a single elimination modified to my liking.

I also need a set character list that you will use. As you know, I am pretty open for anyone using as many characters as they see fit, but you can't change who you use mid tourney. So, decide that whenever, you have plenty of time still.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The one tournament I could possibly go to town on with Sonic, and I can't be around to do it, most likely.

Could you put me up as a participant in waiting, just in case the connection does come back online between here and when this starts?

Sonic Storm/Josh/3094-1282-9792/:sonic: :jigglypuff:

Aibou

Smash Master
If its 7-3-1 for points whats the deal with all the half points?
First one was a tag tournament. The points were split between the partners. Kazoo and DevilWillCry aka Zero E won it, thus both split 3.5 points with each other. Same thing with the others who have half points.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
To make it official...

Aibou/Qbone/0002-6011-9207/:rob::gw:

My chars :)
Cubone/Qbone/4983-4608-3365 /:rob::gw:
jimmyfosho/jimmy/3094-8397-9269/ :falcon: :luigi2:
Jbandit/3781-9670-1788/J/:gw: :jigglypuff:
Added these.

korobeniki/KoRo?/1934-3901-4627/Luigi, random
You must state the characters that you want to use, even if it's all of them.

If its 7-3-1 for points whats the deal with all the half points?
Below you.;)

First one was a tag tournament. The points were split between the partners. Kazoo and DevilWillCry aka Zero E won it, thus both split 3.5 points with each other. Same thing with the others who have half points.
Teamwork win.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol wow Knubs is like psychic for knowing Ray's FC.

Seriously how does he do that. >_>

I want that power.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
to edit:

I am using every one of those (since I play by matchups) except for Ganon, Jiggs, Sonic, or Lucario.

So I am using Luigi, GaW, Falco, Marth, Wolf, Toon Link, Ness, Falcon, snake, and rob

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I edited my FC into it literally like 10 sec after the initial post. How the freak did you catch my post that fast? lol

And knubs you are the OTL Troll of the day xD Copy pasta beats all

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I didn't know we could have more than 2 chars,lol. Could you please add :lucario: and :marth: to my character list? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom