• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has said that every new-comers will get trailers. Some may be unlockables but they're not going to kept hidden from public before Smash Bros release date.
Maybe we might get his trailer after the 3ds release but before the WiiU release

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
[collapse=but if these are the Pokemon characters...]

[/collapse]

[collapse=then these could be the Mario characters...]
[/collapse]
I support now. I think it's happening.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

[/collapse]

[/collapse]
This is exactly what I think it should and will look like.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman

[/collapse]

[/collapse]
Bit off topic but this it could also mean:
[collapse=that these could be the Zelda characters......]
[/collapse]

Anyway back on topic if this true we don't have to worry about the "Max Reps" augment against Bowser Jr.
I never got why people started setting a max number to character reps for a series :/

andimidna

Smash Master
Bit off topic but this it could also mean:
[collapse=that these could be the Zelda characters......]
[/collapse]

Anyway back on topic if this true we don't have to worry about the "Max Reps" augment against Bowser Jr.
I never got why people started setting a max number to character reps for a series :/
fix'd
2 Links, 3 Zeldas, and Captain Falcondorf is not a good way to represent Zelda.

After getting new female slots from Mario and Zelda being Rosalina and Sheik...
I'm hoping we get more villains from the main 3 being Bowser Jr, Ghirahim, and Mewtwo

I'm really excited to see what Sakurai can do for Bowser Jr,
There's a lot to work with, I just want to see what he picks for which move.
I think it makes sense that they'd show Rosalina before Bowser Jr.

I know support for Bowser Jr. has gone down since Rosalina, but there's something I've wanted to add to the discussion (that could have been posted, I haven't read all the post) But Bowser Jr. has always interested me as a character, not just because he can use his paintbrush (which would be a a unique spear-like weapon in and of itself) but because he can and should use the wands of the Koopalins weild. They all can't be in, but Bowser Jr. can represent all of them from Super Mario 3 onward. And after Super Mario U that gives him a entire arsenal of awesome weapons at his disposal. Look at these things

[COLLAPSE=Koopalings arsenal]
[/COLLAPSE]

Bullet Bill launcher, magic hammer, Chain Chomps, and the classic wand. They could do all kinds of things with this. He could have the paintbrush for his basic attacks and the rocket launcher and hammer for specials, or give him a special wand (shaped like his painbrush) that can morph into any of them, or top it all off by making him summon the Koopalings for a Final Smash extravaganza.

If they pulled that off, I really don't see how anyone can be against the guy, despite how annoying he can be.

Really can't overstate how awesome a frigging Bullet Bill rocket launcher is.

andimidna

Smash Master
^That could make for a very interesting moveset. Although I'm not sure about bullet bills in a moveset now that it appears they're items.

Also...
Everybody, get ready to rate Bowser Jr on the RTC thread tomorrow!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
^That could make for a very interesting moveset. Although I'm not sure about bullet bills in a moveset now that it appears they're items.

Also...
Want %, can't calculate.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
On the topic of RtC I bought it up there, but I think it's worth putting here, that since Squirtle is now extremely unlikely they may want to make Spiritual Successor to him... A Small-ish turtle who can withdraw into his shell and use Shell-Shifting mechanics... If Ganondorf's moveset helps Black Shadow I think Squirtle's helps Bowser Jr.

Although obviously a number of move would have to be changed (fire instead of water for one), it would also deal with the whole 'Bowser Clone' problem, allowing him to be unique in Smash 4, but still be an easier to make semi-clone, just one of a character that didn't make it.

Also...
I have we actually seen them as an item? We've seen them on stages, but have we seen a Bullet Bill on the ground or someone summoning them from an AT?

andimidna

Smash Master
I have we actually seen them as an item? We've seen them on stages, but have we seen a Bullet Bill on the ground or someone summoning them from an AT?
There was a picture of a Bullet Bill in the 300 or so pictures Nintendo released right after the direct, but I guess we don't know what it is yet, I assumed it was an item, but it might not be.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I could see Bowser Jr. getting Squirtle's
  • F-Smash
  • D-Smash (without water)
  • 100% Ledge Attack
  • Getup Attack
  • N-Air
  • F-Air
  • U-Air
  • Pummel
  • F-Throw
  • B-Throw
  • U-Throw
  • D-Throw
  • Side Special
  • Shell Shift
I also think he could get Bowser's... Well, anything really.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
If Bowser Jr. is not in Mario Kart 8 then the dream is probably over, which is awful because that means we might not see 6 Mario reps and that drastically decreases the chances of Mewtwo making it into this game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If Bowser Jr. is not in Mario Kart 8 then the dream is probably over, which is awful because that means we might not see 6 Mario reps and that drastically decreases the chances of Mewtwo making it into this game.
euh... what? First, tell me how the amount of rep of the mario series has to do with the pokemon one. There's really nothing so pplease don't worry about mewtwo.

Secondly, the mk8 roster is disappointing in alot of ways. By your logic, pink gold peach would have more chance than jr which isn't true at all.

And lastly, toad is most likely deconfirmed but he's playable in mk8 so why would this applies for jr?

And it shouldn't matter if he's in mk8 or not.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
euh... what? First, tell me how the amount of rep of the mario series has to do with the pokemon one. There's really nothing so pplease don't worry about mewtwo.

Secondly, the mk8 roster is disappointing in alot of ways. By your logic, pink gold peach would have more chance than jr which isn't true at all.

And lastly, toad is most likely deconfirmed but he's playable in mk8 so why would this applies for jr?

And it shouldn't matter if he's in mk8 or not.
Yeah... Diddy Kong, Dry Bones, Birdo, and many... many... other popular/good characters were cut for... Pink Gold Peach (Why?) and all 7 Koopalings.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I support Bowser jr, though I prefer paper Mario if were only getting one more Mario rep. I think paper Mario has a slightly better chance getting in due to the "uniqueness factor", but bowser jr has more general appeal since he's certainly more popular. it's possible that they will both get in, especially since paper Mario can rep his own series.

It really is a shame that bowser jr isn't in MK8. Seriously, why would they put in pink-gold peach in over an actual character like bj or diddy kong?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I support Bowser jr, though I prefer paper Mario if were only getting one more Mario rep. I think paper Mario has a slightly better chance getting in due to the "uniqueness factor", but bowser jr has more general appeal since he's certainly more popular. it's possible that they will both get in, especially since paper Mario can rep his own series.

It really is a shame that bowser jr isn't in MK8. Seriously, why would they put in pink-gold peach in over an actual character like bj or diddy kong?
Yeah... They have all of the kooplings ACCEPT the most popular one... Nintendo logic.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Well, I agree with you but tbh, even has strong as my support for paper mario is, it's a sad thing that jr can't go along with him. I would like pm better but if it happens, I would be very happy but a little sad; jr would have been a worthy addition.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
It is disappointing that we haven't seen Jr in many recent titles (like in MK7&8 or Mario 3D World/Land)

But look on bright side for any titles he missed out on he's appearing in other new ones like the most recent Mario & Sonic, a playable character in the new Mario party, first appearance in a Paper Mario game, first appearance in an Mario & Luigi RPG, playable in the recent Mario golf, and still one of the main antagonists of the NSMB games.

Don't let a few games where he is missing in action bring your hopes down.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Even though chances for another Mario character are pretty low, I would absolutely adore seeing Junior. Imagine tagteaming with his dad to finally take down the Mario Bros.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Eh, although I <3 the paper titles (favorite Mario games actually) I do think that Jr. deserves the spot more. He is more important to the Mario franchise as a whole.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I haven't shown too much support for Bowser Jr. due to my number one newcomer and possible Mario newcomer being Paper Mario, but Bowser Jr. is next in line and I would love to see him in Smash. I'd really like to see his Paintbrush involved with his moveset. I already posted my idea of his moveset on the Uniqueness Thread. With the confirmation of Rosalina, I'm starting to doubt we'll see another Mario newcomer. However, it's not impossible as Kirby received two newcomers in Brawl.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
For some reason, once I started thinking of the possibility of 7 playable Pokemon, I started losing hope for 6 playable Mario characters.
Am I crazy?
probably...

Cpt.

Smash Lord
For some reason, once I started thinking of the possibility of 7 playable Pokemon, I started losing hope for 6 playable Mario characters.
Am I crazy?
probably...
That sounds odd to me. I mean, I think that they could have more pokemon reps than Mario, but I don't think that they would add 3 new pokemon and only 1 new Mario rep in the same game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That sounds odd to me. I mean, I think that they could have more pokemon reps than Mario, but I don't think that they would add 3 new pokemon and only 1 new Mario rep in the same game.
I think she means 2 New PKMN - Being the roster; Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo, and another new one.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I've said this before, in this very thread I believe, but Bowser Jr. (and Dixie) make the most sense as "stretch goal" characters. They are popular and could work as unique characters or semi-clones. If Jr. doesn't make it and we do end up having new characters as DLC I have very little doubt he would make it in then.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I've said this before, in this very thread I believe, but Bowser Jr. (and Dixie) make the most sense as "stretch goal" characters. They are popular and could work as unique characters or semi-clones. If Jr. doesn't make it and we do end up having new characters as DLC I have very little doubt he would make it in then.
"Sketch goal" is an odd place for Jr. to be in. I believe that he is important enough to the series to be finished before a character like Greninja.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
"Sketch goal" is an odd place for Jr. to be in. I believe that he is important enough to the series to be finished before a character like Greninja.
More important then Greninja is arguable (it looks like Bowser Junior isn't even in Mariokart) but that's besides the point. I was just saying that if he was not seen as a tier one character he would be at the top of the list of characters to add to pad the roster as he is popular and would be fairly easy to add. This doesn't mean he wasn't seen as a tier one character to the development team, though, it's just a scenario.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
More important then Greninja is arguable (it looks like Bowser Junior isn't even in Mariokart) but that's besides the point. I was just saying that if he was not seen as a tier one character he would be at the top of the list of characters to add to pad the roster as he is popular and would be fairly easy to add. This doesn't mean he wasn't seen as a tier one character to the development team, though, it's just a scenario.
Greninja: starter in one game
Bowser Jr.: Main antagonist of the nsmb series and multiple other games. Playable in almost every sport game. Playable in two kart games. And a few other smaller roles.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I can't be the only one who'd rather have Junior use his mechs as a base for his moveset instead of the paintbrush.

I feel like it could bring a whole lot more than a "magic paintbrush".

Also it'd be interesting if Jr got in as the next Mario rep because it could form some form of a "doubles trio".

Mario-Luigi: Mario Bros.

Peach-Rosalina: Main princesses.

Bowser-Junior: King and Prince Koopa.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I want him as a Squirtle Semi, but his mechs are certainly superior to his paintbrush any day of the week! *hate that thing*.

Greninja: starter in one game
Bowser Jr.: Main antagonist of the nsmb series and multiple other games. Playable in almost every sport game. Playable in two kart games. And a few other smaller roles.
This!

The big one is NSMB as they sell like crazy and have a wider (though arguably not as deep) appeal than the newer 3D-style games that Rosalina represents...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
NSMB still sells like crazy. (Nearly 5 million on the Wii U with a 60% attach rate is NOTHING to scuff at.)

It established itself as a very important series in Nintendo's repertoire and thus deserves a representation. NOT necessarily a character, but that's not a stretch, and since Junior is more of the villain of these games than Bowser (At least in the DS game, they share the role in all ones after), he's perfect.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I can't be the only one who'd rather have Junior use his mechs as a base for his moveset instead of the paintbrush.

I feel like it could bring a whole lot more than a "magic paintbrush".

Also it'd be interesting if Jr got in as the next Mario rep because it could form some form of a "doubles trio".

Mario-Luigi: Mario Bros.

Peach-Rosalina: Main princesses.

Bowser-Junior: King and Prince Koopa.

The fact is that many other game characters have mechs. No other ones (that I know of) have magic paint brushes. He would be much more unique with the brush.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I actually can't think of any that is of significance compared to Junior.

Plus mechs is the character's thing. He may have been introduced with the paintbrush (in the one game that couldn't be further from the main Mario series anyway), but he established himself as the main technician of the Koopa army, and have done far more with his mechs than the paintbrush.

Let's be real, Sunshine is sorta insignificant at this point. It's the black sheep of the series.

Last edited:

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
I've been lurking this thread for a bit recently, and I'd like to thank Bowser Jr. supporters that are still around. :) Bowser Jr. is my most wanted newcomer, and my second favorite character overall (Yoshi beats him, obviously), but after the Rosalina trailer, I was kinda, "Well, that sucks. There goes my most wanted guy, never knew how much it sucked to just be shot down like that." And for a while, I always thought he never had a chance after that. But after looking at this thread and thinking about it some more, I think he can still easily make it as a playable character. There are still plenty of things going in his favor.

- Pokemon had 6 representatives in Brawl, whereas Mario only had 4. Even Zelda had more than with 5 characters. Kinda weird than Pokemon and Zelda would beat out Nintendo's flagship and best selling series.
- Rosalina may hurt his chances, but I also think it kinda helps simultaneously. With Rosalina being revealed, Sakurai showed 5 Mario characters before 2013 even ended, knowing the game wouldn't be out for another year. Isn't it kinda weird he would show ALL of the characters of Nintendo's biggest series so quickly?
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii and U were 2 games that Bowser Jr. were prominent in, and they both came out after Brawl. The Wii game was even the 4th best selling game on the Wii, and U featured Bowser Jr. even moreso since he was the main obstable in the last level of the game and was featured in the final boss fight. Plus, I think it's cool that Rosalina could represent the Galaxy games (even though Jr. was kinda the secondary antagonist there), and Bowser Jr. could represent the New Super Mario Bros. games. Plus, knowing how well those games sell, they have to be getting some form of reprensentation in the game, like a stage or something.
- He's always had potential for a unique moveset, and his Paintbrush seems to be getting used again recently, in spin-off games like Mario Super Sluggers and Mario Golf: World Tour, although the latter could be too recent for Smash. And he still doesn't use his Paintbrush in the main series games. And anyone who says he would be too similar to Bowser is kinda wrong. Bowser uses brute force and weight to fight, Junior kinda does the opposite and uses weapons/mechs to do the work for him while staying away.
- It's not unheard of for 2 or more newcomers to a series. In Melee, Pikachu and Jiggs were accompanied by Mewtwo and Pichu, and in Brawl there was Lucario and Pokemon Trainer. Kirby got Meta Knight and Dedede. Mario got 3 newcomes with Peach, Bowser, and Dr. Mario (in Melee). And 2 of them were secret charcters, whereas Pokemon had 3 secret characters (talking about Melee). So why can't Mario have Rosalina and Bowser Jr.?
- Only 6 newcomers have been revealed so far. http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/index.html In Brawl, there was 12 newcomers and 12 secret fighters. So there is still plenty of room for new characters, since 29 have been revealed already, and I assume Sakurai would follow the same trend and not show secret fighters until after the game comes out, so nobody gets spoiled. Even though he did already show characters that tend to be secret, such as Luigi and Marth. I know he said that he doesn't want the roster to be too big, but some characters are going to get cut, so more room for newcomers/secret newcomers.
- A lot of Bowser Jr's competition has been eliminated, being Waluigi and Toad (to a lesser extent).
- Even if he's not a playble character, I still think he warrants a role in the game, maybe Assist Trophy or Boss on a Bowser's Castle/New Super Mario Bros. stage. Obviously, I much prefer and think that he's a playable character.

Geez, I ranted a lot, sorry, I just love this little guy! :( I just think I get my thoughts off better if I explain it fully, but I guess that translates into a wall of text.

On a completely unrelated note: Pink Gold Peach/Baby Rosalina > Bowser Jr./Diddy Kong...why...?

Top Bottom