• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kokiri Konqueror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Ya know..if you wanna play a fun game while making money and lots of people play. You could always try a new game(like Guilty Gear..). Just a suggestion ;]
Brawl being fun or not is just an opinion. It CAN be fun, but more often than not in my opinion its not. :[

rhan

Smash Hero
Deva said:
umm....yeah, I think you misunderstood us. I said they're arent enough decent melee tournaments. We still go when they are around though. And yeah, we do play melee all the time. I mean, honestly, what's the point of playing Brawl for fun??? Also, Chip was saying wining isn't the only reason he uses TL. He said that's just a plus.
Yeah sorry about that. My brain doesn't function too well in the AM...-.-

Well...I still do think Brawl should be played for fun. I just can't see how it has competitive aspects. Personally Brawl was made to be played with items and shenanigans.

rhan

Smash Hero
Touché...

Well I guess the point I'm trying to get across is that the creator doesn't get to choose if the game is a competitive game. It's all decided by the players of said game.

Just because I have one opinion on said game doesn't mean it's the voice for all people. Everyone has different opinions and choices. People say Brawl is a competitive game. I can't stop them. Only thing I can do is argue and accept that fact.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Just because I have one opinion on said game doesn't mean it's the voice for all people. Everyone has different opinions and choices. People say Brawl is a competitive game. I can't stop them. Only thing I can do is argue and accept that fact.
True, but you make it sound like the voice for all people when you leave out the "I think"s or "I believe"s. You make straight statements that sound like they apply to all situations everywhere rather than clarifying that it's just how you feel about the situation.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm not trying to sound like the voice of everyone. I'm just trying to throw my 2 cents out there. Thanks for pointing this error out in my posts. I'll be sure to keep that in mind so I don't sound like I'm coming off wrong or misunderstood. Sorry if I confused anyone with my bad wording...I tend to say things without realizing how they could come off to others until after somenone already points them out.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Alright. Not sure how we turned Buzz's thread into another Brawl vs Melee argument. But this is a good stopping point.
Sorry Buzz.
Are you kidding me? This is the most action my thread has seen in a long time! DEBATE ON!

Deva

Smash Lord
YES YES, MELEE VS BRAWL, GO NOW.

aka, what do you guys think of Brawl 2.0? Wavedashing, l-canceling, etc, it could be the sequal to melee we were hoping for.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Brawl doesn't need wavedashing or L-canceling. Brawl needs combos and an end to the ridiculous chaingrabs and lack of edgeguarding.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I still vote we just make a competitive PC equivalent. Screw the console.

Deva

Smash Lord
There's really no end to the hacks that can be input. We can add back in the old edge grab for recovery, and change teching back to what it was, change hit stun to reimpliment combos/ change the fall speed of characters for the same reason. We can also get rid of a lot of the ridiculous CGs and stuff. It's really in the hands of the players now and how competitive we wanna make it. I don't know how main stream it'll become, but it'll be fun nonetheless. Even then, Melee still pwns though.

Deva

Smash Lord
Pichu is top tier. . .

and I do still play melee, for casual play it's only melee. I mean honestly, who plays brawl for fun lmao. but melee's been out for a while so. . .why not melee 2.0 if it's possible eh? same stuff, some new characters and setups. Sounds fun to me.

Laijin

Smash Hero
It very well could be if we give the hackers enough time =P
I wanna see Fox waveshine metaknight into a shine spike.
I wanna see Toon Link turn into a better version of Young Link.
I wanna see Link not sucking anymore.
I WANNA L-CANCEL!! T__T Since I don't play brawl often, I usually "l-Cancel" in brawl.

Deva

Smash Lord
it's not that bad though, since you have so many options out of shield and so little hit stun, it's like the z canceling of 64 with defensive options lol.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I still think it'd be an awfully campy game. Spotdodge, dsmash as ROB pretty much beats out ninety percent of all approaches.

I'll be impressed when someone comes up with a good combo system.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I dunno about you guys, but i'd be happy with a new game.
Sakurai: "Sorry for the ****ty game guys. Heres to make up to the competitive community: I present Super Smash Bros Melee 2"

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
young link does NOT have a great disadvantage to marth. you can easily camp with bombs. If I get some videos against a good marth player I will be sure to post them

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I hope they are amazing Marth players. Marth simply has far more mobility and power than Young Link does. The tipper reaches as far as Young Link's bomb throw; it's rather ridiculous.

TempestBlade

Smash Rookie
Well I guess that explains why my marth was the only Character that I could beat my friends YL with...so far. *sigh* Just when I thought I was getting better...Guess I'll have to work even harder =]

And this was not how I expected to spend my first post O.o

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Believe it or not, I am going to make one massive final update to this guide. I want to clean up a bunch of the information. I also want to demonstrate my mad CSS skills I've attained over the years. A before-and-after comparison of the HTML should be interesting for those who code. ^_^

rhan

Smash Hero
I love you Buzz. I love you SOOOOOO much right now.... You do not realise how you just made my day! :D

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
what are the best things to do vs. peach? also what are good vids i can watch vs. peaches.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
i know link like the back of my hand. but y. link is so different. i always stall/space link neutral so it hits with the ending animation and sometimes i can get an insta-combo out of it, basically a double neutral. but with y. link it seems that the strongest/most effective part is at the beginning. i really like young link as a character and i see potential.

also can you platform cancel y. link's neutral like links? do you know what i'm talking about? sometimes i see falcos do this by drop b-airing and l-cancel so they stay on the platform, or marth f-air. this is done by a slight drop below the platform into insta hit l-cancel.

what kill moves do you use for y. link vs. peach?

edit: also are there better forms of recovery, i know with link you can double up b with bomb. my friend once said something about the boomerang and recovery, do you what im referring to?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
also are there better forms of recovery, i know with link you can double up b with bomb. my friend once said something about the boomerang and recovery, do you what im referring to?
Only big Link can double up-B using bombs (unless you hold a bomb long enough for it to explode on its own). The boomerang double air dodge maneuver isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom