• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kokiri Konqueror

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
There are some of Jash playing a peach in the video thread.

Beating Marth is easy. Neutral air and bomb spam to D-tilt spike. :laugh: It actually works for me.
You must play a pretty bad Marth. I do not even see how the DTilt spike can be used against him at all. The Nair can be easily avoided due to his sword can easily out range it. Bomb spam is about the best thing to do against a Marth. Projectile spam in general. Against Marth it's all about playing keep away with your little boy innocence.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
You must play a pretty bad Marth. I do not even see how the DTilt spike can be used against him at all. The Nair can be easily avoided due to his sword can easily out range it. Bomb spam is about the best thing to do against a Marth. Projectile spam in general. Against Marth it's all about playing keep away with your little boy innocence.
I gotta agree with Rhan on this.
Marth is... depressing. Down tilt is a rarity in my matches against him. It is about projectiles. your grab is like the only thing that is longer than his sword (mostly). Nair is probably the best bet for air when face to face just cause it's range is helpful. When he's up, go for upairs but be careful, pretty sure his gay *** dair can time right and rip through.

Marth is such a douche. I'd rather fight spacies any day.

what kill moves do you use for y. link vs. peach?

dair.
dair is the main one. bomb to dair. anything to dair. especially if that ***** wants to float just above the ground and and be like "lulz I have no lag here I come" then just be careful with bombs get that ho in the air, BAM sword in the fff-f-f--f-face

up air works too, cause she's a floaty ho. if you're in the position, go uair. she can't do anything about it, from straight below.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I totally disagree.
If I'm able to d-tilt spike kill Korean DJ's Marth without him sandbaggging, then im quite sure any other Marth on the planet can get d-tilt spiked.

Its not simple. And it requires practice and experience, and i've explained in other threads. But this is how its done:
Bomb drop when their coming from below the ledge. Instead of the normal d-air, fast fall land and do a d-tilt.
It works because they dont see it coming. So once its done, I don't suggest trying it again. Most smart players will approach the ledge from the side after that rather than from below.

rhan

Smash Hero
He was just referring to just the Dtilt spike. In that case it's rather hard to hit a Marth due to the fact that if he sweet spots the edge then it's impossible. His sword hit box still hits and he grabs the edge before you can even start up the swing.

Now with the Bomb dropping it makes it easier to hit him. On the other hand it's just bette rto do the shield trick at the edge. It's the safest thing any character can possibly do while Marth is trying to sweet spot.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
what percentages can i kill with upair in most cases? and dair?
hell depending on the stage you can cap Peach with dair around 80, depending where on the stage you are located (how close to the ceiling) and how she DI's

uair basically same deal, a little higher, but typically you'll be landing that attack closer to the ceiling anyway.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
On the other hand it's just bette rto do the shield trick at the edge. It's the safest thing any character can possibly do while Marth is trying to sweet spot.
Funny story, I lost a tournament match because that trick "went wrong" at Battlefield for some reason.

I wasn't holding down or anything. Not sure why it happened, but YLink just slid down and along BF's bottom while marth grabbed and hopped on. I tried to up B back and he downBcountered me and edgehog took the stock. I was not happy.

and bomb drop dtilt works on Marth sure, but why bother. I'm usually leaping out with a nair when he plans to DJ or >B or whatever to stall or get more leverage. Marth is ghey.

my bad, double post on accident >_<

rhan

Smash Hero
Funny story, I lost a tournament match because that trick "went wrong" at Battlefield for some reason.

I wasn't holding down or anything. Not sure why it happened, but YLink just slid down and along BF's bottom while marth grabbed and hopped on. I tried to up B back and he downBcountered me and edgehog took the stock. I was not happy.

and bomb drop dtilt works on Marth sure, but why bother. I'm usually leaping out with a nair when he plans to DJ or >B or whatever to stall or get more leverage. Marth is ghey.

my bad, double post on accident >_<

**** son... I never tried it at Battlefield. I rarly go to that stage and people here don't really counter pick it either. They usually counter pick some random *** stage. Green Green's is popular when they're Fox or maybe even Marth at times.

But my new safe tactic when fighting against a Marth......

Go Sheik.....

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
**** son... I never tried it at Battlefield. I rarly go to that stage and people here don't really counter pick it either. They usually counter pick some random *** stage. Green Green's is popular when they're Fox or maybe even Marth at times.

But my new safe tactic when fighting against a Marth......

Go Sheik.....
I hate Battlefield, it might be my new stage ban...

Lol, I have gone Sheik against Marth's before. But I don't want to give up on little link :D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Argh. I'm not feeling well, and I'm behind on a billion different projects.

rhan

Smash Hero
This guide rides shotgun to real life problems. Please add on when you have the chance. Perwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee! :3

rhan

Smash Hero
Switch from Young Link to Luigi?

Why not just shoot yourself in the foot and call it a day?

rhan

Smash Hero
When fighting Luigi you let him come to you at all times. Nair him in his nose. Uair and Dair when needed.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's bad enough being a low tier character. Now Young Link is a low tier character in a previous generation game. XD

rhan

Smash Hero
So Mr. BuzzSaw,

I recall you saying at one point you might finish the guide. Is that a lost cause or are you actually working on it super secretly? :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am working on it. I have actually been playing Melee recently with friends to remember how the heck I did stuff. XD

kupo15

Smash Hero
I was messing around with the fire spike and I have to say that its so much easier to land than I thought. As long as the sword is out and you are traveling up towards them, the fire spike hitbox usually is the first hitbox to hit them to a point where there really isn't any godly difficult timing like I originally thought.

To add to what you said about it for setups, I can see that it won't be that impractical to attempt a fire spike for tech chasing on platforms. Starting the Dair way early with good prediction and timing should guarantee the fire spike which will bounce them off the platform just like any other stomp move. The timing shouldn't be "that" hard seeing how Ylink has a really strong jump. Just something to think about I guess.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Landing the spike for spike purposes is what's hard.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ah ok, yea it is. Also, do you know what part of the move deals the 21%? I've gotten anywhere from 11%-21% and idk how to control it

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
this guide is so helpful thanks buzz saw i want to see if my young link is good or not so buzzsaw you should come down to one ganstakirbys tournies we could get some friendlies in or mms

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
this guide is so helpful thanks buzz saw i want to see if my young link is good or not so buzzsaw you should come down to one ganstakirbys tournies we could get some friendlies in or mms
I was down there for a gangstakirby smashfest not too long ago.

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
the real question is why the **** did they remove the "Classic Blue" style for these boards. I've used it since like 04. wtf. I hate the other two...
I'll second that. 'Twas my theme of choice, too. Not like it was hurting anyone.

Now, before we get done for spamming, let's talk about Young Link. =D

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
**** CLASSIC THEME IS BACK DUDE THOMASH HIGH FIVE OVER THE INTERNET YEAHHHHH POWER LEVEL caps

Yeah about Young Link
Buzz is a pretty cool guy. why the AHSNJDU did I forget him when I made those rushed *** shoutouts in my 2nd video? :( sorry Buzz

rhan

Smash Hero
Because we nearly forget about him when he rarely posts. But we wuv him bunches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom