• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kokiri Konqueror

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Very nice work! Ever since i read this my Young Link has gotten so much better

Thank you BUZZ! ^-^

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Read the other guides.
Wow, ouch Laijin. LOL! I'm a dinosaur no one listens to anymoar!

And the link works for me. >_>

Anyway, I should make a guide for Lucario or Zelda.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Oh. haha.
I thought you guys still played brawl(I remember playing both of you. lol).
Although I think I actually played you more.

anyways. I always wanted to play Buzz in melee at some point and time. xP

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I suck with Young Link now. When I play Melee, I use Captain Falcon and Falco more often now.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I use big Link often; I cannot stand Toon Link.

rhan

Smash Hero
RikyuXz.~ said:
lol this thread is BARELY alive =3

heyy guys!! lol i remember the good times in the yl forums... lol

do you guys play toon link in brawl tho?
Toon who? I know nothing of this person. <.<

Lets vote on a ban of the words "Toon Link" from the Young Link forums! :D

Chip.

you know what to do
Toon Link and young Link are both really really fun.

You guys just have to get good with toon Link first and then he becomes a lot funner ^_^.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Toon Link and young Link are both really really fun.

You guys just have to get good with toon Link first and then he becomes a lot funner ^_^.
I gave him a chance.
But sorry, he is just waaay too boring to play as. Which goes for pretty much rest of the cast except Link. Link is 1000x more fun than the rest of the game itself.
TL is slow.
****ty projectiles(As in they dont combo into anything. Not even themselves)
Is so floaty it feels like im playing this game with 0 gravity and underwater(Well..brawl does this in general. But its more exagerated with TL).
etc etc etc
TL is boring cake

Chip.

you know what to do
It's a matter of taste lol and I fine toon Link really fun since (from what people say) I'm pretty good with him. Winning with him makes him even more fun ^_^.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm in Washington right now. Drive to Richland, Deva/Chip. ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
OMG you should've came to the EWU tournament yesterday Buzzie >=[
lulz... on Sunday? I have church, and I don't compete on Sundays. Anyway, I wouldn't put up much fight. I haven't been to a single Brawl tournament, and I play online only occasionally.

rhan

Smash Hero
Chip. said:
It's a matter of taste lol and I fine toon Link really fun since (from what people say) I'm pretty good with him. Winning with him makes him even more fun ^_^.
Winning is fun. Challenging yourself is even better. That's why I stick to Melee. The challenge of playing Young Link makes it worth while for me. Whoopin' on Falcos with Young Link, geeez I just can't get enough of it.

Laijin said:
Your not missing out on much Buzz.
Brawl tournaments are boring. :[ Everyone plays exactly the same and the matches are not very exciting.
If they the tourney match isn't Metaknight or Snake it's pretty alright to watch. Or if they aren't just playing it safe and just spam and/or camp. :/

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, the fun is almost over. I return to Idaho on Wednesday. T_T

Deva

Smash Lord
Winning is fun. Challenging yourself is even better. That's why I stick to Melee. The challenge of playing Young Link makes it worth while for me. Whoopin' on Falcos with Young Link, geeez I just can't get enough of it. :/
You do realize Chip still plays melee too and was one of the top Y. Link's in the nation before Brawl came out. There just aren't enough decent melee tournaments anymore. It's usually Chip and I playing friendlies by ourselves. Honestly we play more melee than Brawl. And I only play Brawl at tournaments lol. It's just not worth playing for any other reason.

rhan

Smash Hero
Deva said:
You do realize Chip still plays melee too and was one of the top Y. Link's in the nation before Brawl came out. There just aren't enough decent melee tournaments anymore. It's usually Chip and I playing friendlies by ourselves. Honestly we play more melee than Brawl. And I only play Brawl at tournaments lol. It's just not worth playing for any other reason.
Yes, I realize that he was one of the top Young Link players. He's another player I look up to. But, no on the fact that ya'll still play Melee. The way he sounds is just...Like it's more fun to win with such a "good" character, rather then to win out of skill. I just dislike the fact on how Brawl takes no real skill to play most of the characters on the game. And that the low tier characters have no chance at all in most match ups. And if you can't find a decent Melee tourney, why not host one? It's worth a shot (at least). I use to live in a big smash community until I moved out in the country side of VA. Since then, I basically play friendlies with my bro, training myself and what-not, also. But, The difference between us is that I wouldn't sell out to Brawl just because everyone else is playing it. Since my community is losing Melee players, I'm willing to travel hours (or maybe days) just to play a few others no matter how scrubby they are. I resently just got back from a Brawl/Melee tourney in Nc. And it was so worth the 3 hour drive. The sad part about my community...is that a group of teenagers are the only ones keeping Melee alive here.

[Sorry if I sounded bashy. I get emotional around the "Brawl vs Melee" topic... :/]

Prince Of Fire said:
The only cool thing about Brawl-Teams because the camping and bull**** is minimized. Otherwise, the game is just aggressive camping....running around and shielding
Actually, I beg to differ. Watching Chu Dat and ChillenDude play 1v1's on Brawl isn't that bad. Brawl 1v1's are only really fun to watch if there is a known player playing the game, other than if it's just a one random person vs another.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Actually, I beg to differ. Watching Chu Dat and ChillenDude play 1v1's on Brawl isn't that bad. Brawl 1v1's are only really fun to watch if there is a known player playing the game, other than if it's just a one random person vs another.
Not really. :[
Watching M2K's Metaknight is like watching Bobbyn00b73(random name I made up just now)'s metaknight.
There are no variations of styles. lol.

Anyways. Come to a FL tournament sometime. :]

rhan

Smash Hero
Laijin said:
Not really. :[
Watching M2K's Metaknight is like watching Bobbyn00b73(random name I made up just now)'s metaknight.
There are no variations of styles. lol.

Anyways. Come to a FL tournament sometime. :]
I try not to complain about Brawl much cause I would hate for people to joke and complain about Melee.

Well....let's just say some Brawl matches are fun to watch. While others are...*Fart noise*
And next summer I'm down for going to FL. I'll have my car by then. :)

Deva

Smash Lord
umm....yeah, I think you misunderstood us. I said they're arent enough decent melee tournaments. We still go when they are around though. And yeah, we do play melee all the time. I mean, honestly, what's the point of playing Brawl for fun??? Also, Chip was saying wining isn't the only reason he uses TL. He said that's just a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom