• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Video Archive/Kirby Critique thread!

Labernash

Smash Lord
Here's me vs Denti :olimar:

http://www.twitch.tv/labernash/b/326456890 jump to 1:44:40 set ends at 1:52:00

My inputs where terrible that day. -.- I'd mix up down-B with up-B, f-air instead of u-air and mess like that ALL DAY. Haha, that was me saying "what?!" the whole time; that's when I would mess up an input. Pretty sad stuff.

Sorry it's on twitch/ bad quality, but please critique! I think I learned a lot about the MU from this set.

Critique hard!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Labernash, I found no videos. :ohwell:

Aqua, in general I'd say you played a bit too predicable. B-air is great and all but knowing that all your opponent had to do was shield your attempts and counter-attack or just easily bait one out and punish. I saw that you fished for KO a lot. For example, you charged F-smash while Peach hung on the ledge or just running in and spam b-air after re-spawn.

I'd say you need to practice some mix-ups. Such as doing an empty landing to a turn-around grab rather than always landing with b-air. These catches people of guard thinking they can shield-punish you. Also, you need to create reactions rather than forcing things to happen. For example at 5:03 you could have done your F-air to F-air and then slight space yourself, retreat and reacted to the air-dodge with your hammer rather than stringing it automatically right after your 2 F-airs hoping it hits. Try to also learn how to power-shield a bit more to get around Peach's turnips, that and catching them. That's just some general stuff. It's to bad you don't play Kirby much anymore though, why not? :(

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
i mainly don't play kirby anymore because he's just boring to me. i lost my drive to try new things with him. I just think he's a very limited character, every decent player has pretty much figured him out. and incase you were wondering i pretty much only play as pikachu now.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Ok, here's a few video's of mine from this past Saturday's local tourny

Mi]{e]{irbY :popo::kirby: Vs Prof3ssor MGW :olimar:
He's no Logic or Rich Brown but an Olimar is an Olimar. I studied Chu's approach to the match-up and I think I've learned a few things! ^_^
Just don't mind match 1...

Mi]{e]{irbY :kirby: Vs Wes :samus2:
One of the best Samus, I've played. I like this guy. :)
*tried remedying rolling habit in this match*

There should be a few more videos in the coming days but I'd thought I'd share a few. :bee:
Please critique if anything~

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol with school right now don't think that will happen soon. Have to miss the apex qualifier this week because of an exam on monday even though I have a ride to it :(

Ill see if I can make apex though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Your Kirby is really fun to watch Mike! That Delfino match was incredibly sexy especially for one of Kirby's worst match ups. It seemed that Olimar didn't know the Kirby MU at all even on BF which was interesting to see.

Samus MU, I have some help for you if you would like on that MU.

- You do not want to be fighting Samus at Far/Medium Range for Kirby. I think you realized this more on the second match but it kept on making your take a lot of damage because Samus was able to get more of her projectile/Zair game off. What you want to do in that MU is get as close to Samus as possible because that is were Kirby can really do some insane damage on Samus (as you demonstrated when you got in on him. :p)

- Mix up your approaches to Samus more. You kept doing the same approach after you got around his missles which led to you being sent back out of his bubble and made you take some unnecessary damage. Adding more mix-ups will show to make this MU much easier to fight.

Really good Samus though. Would love to see more videos of your Kirby, Mike! :D

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Yeah thanks man! Re-watching it made me realized that too. But y'know sometimes you need someone to point that out for you to really get it to sink in. :)

:phone:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've been looking forward to playing his ROB. I feel like I know that match-up more than I need to, and ROB isn't anywhere near as difficult as Meta Knight. But there's always the fact that t0mmy's ROB is way scarier than his MK. XD

I guess I should have posted the link to my video here too instead of just the general discussion. I'm not really looking for critiques though, it's more for the archive.

So, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJkr0zK7cg

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
1. Holy frijoles, what the hell happened in the first stock.
2. That pit is free.
3. Looking at her, she's looking pretty decent.

Also, that match was uploaded in 2010. I don't think she plays anymore.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
She's definitely got a good Kirby in her hands, that's for sure. However, she just majorly majorly majorly outplayed the Pit. Pit didn't even use arrows...;_;

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I want to! There are a few more replays saved that weren't uploaded! I'll nag the guy some more and try o get them! I want to study some things of mine too.

I've been working a lot on improving my mix-ups, approaches, strings, ledge techs, some creative planking and other miscellaneous stuff since my last tourney. I hope to attend another event real soon!
>.<

Also, probably nothing so ground breaking but has anyone ever tried playing around and implementing Kirby's running pivot slide? (Not sure what the name is) It's pretty neat!

Also, I've been doing some heavy tune-ups on my "casual" IC's–mainly for the ditto, though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I agree with the above post.

On a different topic:
Apparently YouTube no longer accepts YouTube accounts when logging in. (how does that even make any semblance of reasoning?!) I don't use YouTube often, so I didn't notice when they did this until recently, which basically resulted in me getting locked out of my account. I can log in with whatever e-mail I used waaaaay back when I signed up, but I have no idea what all that info is. :\

I'm most likely going to take my inter-business elsewhere, like DailyMotion or Vimeo or... both!

Edit:
I somehow hacked my own account and logged in without entering my id/password. >_>
The good news is I managed to change the password to something I remember, so I guess I can access my account again.
I still hate YouTube though, and fully support anything that is not YouTube.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Ok let's see if I can link this correctly. A few videos to share!

Winner's Semis:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-nTmiLevBY&list=UUF04UXQ_VqD_EHztpZnA_BA&index=2&feature=plcp#t=1h59m30s]Raptor :yoshi2: Mi]{e]{irbY :kirby2: Vs. ADHD :diddy:/:wario: Nairo :metaknight:/:wario:[/URL]

Loser's Finals:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-nTmiLevBY&list=UUF04UXQ_VqD_EHztpZnA_BA&index=2&feature=plcp#t=3h03m16s]Raptor :yoshi2: Mi]{e]{irbY :kirby2: Vs. ADHD :diddy: Nairo :metaknight:[/url]

Such random stuff! :laugh:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What the--

A seven hour long video? Who in blazes does that?

Edit--

The loading took a little long, but it was worth it.

Amazing stuff to you two.

T0MMY

Smash Master
My garbage Meta Knight is still taking down t1mmy's Kirby, so there's no reason to switch it up to R.O.B., which is not even a challenge since Kirby's fat stubby arms can't get near R.O.B., lol.

T0MMY

Smash Master
My garbage Meta Knight
Boasting is the sign of a desperate competitor.
I don't know what you're trying to imply there, lol!
In case you didn't get it: You won't even see my R.O.B. until you stop losing to my alt characters. If I wanted to boast I'd be ROFL'ing about pwning you with Luigi - ROFL. :awesome:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Go for it, Vinyl.

Obvious troll is obvious.
This is the Kirby Video Archive thread, not the troll thread. If I were moderator I'd give him a swift kick in the infractions log.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Superbump.

Let's see if I can squeeze out some life from the Kirby boards.
I attended a tournament and used Kirby.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDDOZAFshok

I'm still new to Kirby so if anyone would be able to give me some advice here. Especially against Ness. That MU feels like his advantage because fair.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
c'mon Kirbies, show this new kid some love. I'm not a Kirby expert and I'm no one to critique his KIRBY. He might be pretty legit and def. has some great strong sides although I thinks he plays a bit too much by the book and thus slightly limits himself. yes gogogo

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The board is way too dead. I'm not exactly an expert in what and what not to do either.

He can learn through watching what others did though. That helped me too.

Top Bottom