• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Social Thread!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
News from the Kirby Twitter: Forgotten Land players have collectively annihilated over 1 billion Awoofies so far.

So… yeah…

thatll teach em to kidnap waddle dees!

on a different note: anyone else see the fun pack medley on youtube? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHKc3ZAXPk0

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
News from the Kirby Twitter: Forgotten Land players have collectively annihilated over 1 billion Awoofies so far.

So… yeah…

BOYS! It’s Hunting Season!!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

So… yeah…

If Awoofy ever comes to Smash, he's gonna make us pay...

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If Awoofy ever comes to Smash, he's gonna make us pay...
I doubt awoofy would make it into Smash! Even Whispy Jr and Co Kracko are more Likely IMO!
Really these two Smol Bois Would be perfect to Represent Whispy And Kracko as Playable Chars!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Who's ready for more LORE?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Who's ready for more LORE?

Yeah but sadly we probably wont get it translated!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know its funny ive become such a kirby fan seeing as we didn't get off to the best start. see back when the first smash came out i was about 9 and i heard my brother and his friends talking about it saying that it featured characters like mario, link, pikachu and fox mccloud. now i hadn't come across lylat wars so i didn't know who fox was. i recall seeing a box of smash in store somewhere with this unknown pink guy waving and for some reason i thought that was fox mccloud. i later saw lylat wars properly and found out who fox actually was. anyway when i first played melee my brother used to play as kirby all the time and beat me so i ended up hating him. can't remember how i came round in the end

Oracle Link

Smash Master
He's been ballin' since Adventure.
----
Anyway, why is it that Kirby is the only well-known Nintendo franchise that utilizes the eShop for spin-offs?
I dont know Kirby is also the only franchise with a good free to play Model!

Quillion

Smash Hero
perhaps hal have a different way of doing things?
You have a point actually. While they aren't as lone wolf as The Pokémon Company, HAL doesn't seem quite as much in sync with Nintendo as most of their other partners.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You have a point actually. While they aren't as lone wolf as The Pokémon Company, HAL doesn't seem quite as much in sync with Nintendo as most of their other partners.
well perhaps that’s the sort of thing that’ll let em make another box boy

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Arlo again made a Ass of himself by Complainning Why Kirby gets more Releases than For Example Pikmin or Metroid well duh its literally owned by a diffrent Company!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Arlo again made a Ass of himself by Complainning Why Kirby gets more Releases than For Example Pikmin or Metroid well duh its literally owned by a diffrent Company!
It's just the same ol' same ol' "Why are they doing X when they could be doing Y" complaint. That complaint on its lonesome doesn't say anything else other than pure entitlement.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I've begun to think that giving Kirby all those abilities for his normals would look too wild and inconsistent, and that mod shows it.
He only uses Abilitys for his Smash attacks and Special? and he really only has Jet, Staff and Wheel as Aditional Abilitys!
The Rest are his Copy Abilitys

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So has aynone played Dream Buffet?
Does it have a Story or Lore Im guessing Probably not? I mean i would get it if i could play it with 3 people but there are only 2 players on one Console!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So has aynone played Dream Buffet?
Does it have a Story or Lore Im guessing Probably not? I mean i would get it if i could play it with 3 people but there are only 2 players on one Console!
I haven't played it, but apparently it has some nice easter eggs to past games: they even acknowledged Keeby.

Also, this is the third spinoff to introduce a new Copy Ability, in this case Jelly.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Nope, it has no big story or lore, but it is a massive reference fest all around.
Okay cool then i can wait a bit before getting it! Im still svaing my Money For DBS Superhero!
Also if you could wish for any Kirby Plushie done by Sanei what would it be?
Mine Probably would be Dark Matter Orb!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So The New Direct has Announced:

Seems Neat and a Good way to Introduce many Players to 2d Kirby! (After all Star Allies is Known for having lackluster Leveldesign at times!)
I Dont know how i find the changed Dedede Design It seems weird for him to look like that in a remake Of Return!
The Mecha Abilty seems Cool! Same with more Minigames with a ton of classics Returning!
And Btw No Spoilers for Return to dreamland for the ones that didnt Play it yet please!
(Just put them in Spoilers!)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I Dont know how i find the changed Dedede Design It seems weird for him to look like that in a remake Of Return!
He looks like that because that's what he looked like in the Forgotten Land game

Also question: what the heck was the lightbulb kirby video with the finger?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I see so it’s the old everyone who agrees with me is right logic
Nah its just that star allies has better Gimmicks, Amazing Gameplay, Tons of Dream Friends amongst other stuff asside from the Leveldesign the only criticisim you could lob against Star Allies wich does not apply to all other new 2d Kirbys is Maybe the Lack of Collectables and Length i guess! And these arent near as Severe as the lacking Leveldesign! So Considering that almost everyone agrees that Triple d, Robobot, SSU and Return are Better It Has To be the Leveldesign!

Top Bottom