• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Klones (the Ganon character design thread)

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
I'm honestly baffled how characters like Zero Suit and Bowser can get so much love while Ganon felt like he was lazy ported straight from Brawl. And then if you look at the melee to brawl transition, even then they sort of half-assed it in the uniqueness department.

While the damage, knockback, and elemental effect may have changed, he still shares a basic skeletal animation with Falcon on his:
  • N-air
  • B-air
  • D-air
  • U-air
  • D-Smash
  • F-Smash
  • Over-B
  • Up-B
  • Down-B
  • Grabs & Throws (not 100% on this)

That leaves his unique attack animations on:
  • Jab
  • U-Smash
  • F-Tilt (props for taking this directly from the Twilight Princess Ganon fight)
  • D-Tilt
  • U-Tilt (kind of...)
  • F-air
  • Neutral-B (This one is still pretty unique when you consider how many characters have similar projectiles, charging projectiles, and counters in common)

Even if the move has the exact same hitbox, damage, knockback, and lag, I'd really appreciate some new animations for them. It would only change the character ascetically, but at least he would FEEL more unique.

I'd also like a useful U-tilt for him. It's so redundant with Warlock Punch already existing, especially now that the punch has some super armor frames.

Also... shame on Nintendo for missing the Dead Man's volley option for him! Seriously, it's common enough it has it's own damn wiki page here! They -could- have beat Project M to the punch and flubbed the return instead.

Maybe come Smash 5 we'll get the hyrule warriors Ganondorf or a new incarnation of him inspired by the upcoming Wii U LoZ title. But that's what... 8-10 years away still?

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Ganondorf doesn't just deserve a better moveset because he's not being represented canonically. He's deserves a more wizard-y moveset not because he's a videogame evil wizard, but because he's THE videogame evil wizard. Ganondorf is the premiere wizard villain for videogames. There are tons and tons of videogames of magical videogame antagonists that might not have even existed without Ganondorf. Ganondorf is the premiere character of this videogame trope. He's THE evil wizard. He is the father of trope basically. That's more than you can say for most characters in Smash Bros. What has Shulk, Palutena, Robin, Bowser Jr., or Rosalina ever done for gaming as a whole? What sort of icon are they? Ganondorf is the most iconic evil wizard in videogames. The fact that Ganondorf is a clone, and not even a fitting clone, is sad and unfair. Ganondorf deserves much better. It's like making Bowser, the most iconic villain in videogames, period, an uninspired and unfitting clone. Ganondorf does not deserve this bull****.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Saying Ganondorf is the most famous evil wizard in gaming is rather subjective.

Honestly Ganondorf has never really struck me as a wizard. It may be because I don't play many Zelda games but doesn't he use a sword most of the time? The only notable example of him using magic I can think of is Dead Man's Volley, but that's it.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Eh just give him reflect properties on projectiles on his palm thrust and I'd be just peachy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really like Ganondorf the way he is, the way he's always been whether you like him as a Falcon clone or not. Besides, if they did give him new movesets, I would stop using him completely.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Saying Ganondorf is the most famous evil wizard in gaming is rather subjective.

Honestly Ganondorf has never really struck me as a wizard. It may be because I don't play many Zelda games but doesn't he use a sword most of the time? The only notable example of him using magic I can think of is Dead Man's Volley, but that's it.
Ganondorf being the most famous evil wizard in gaming isn't really something you can call subjective. He just is. He was one of the first, if not the first evil wizard character. If he wasn't the first he was the first memorable one. Ganondorf has been regarded as the greatest videogame villain of all time. Plus, you seriously can't say he's not a wizard.

Original Legend of Zelda
-Invisibility
-Magic Projectiles

Link to the Past
-Summons and throws bats made of fire

OOT
-Magical fireball shot at young link
-Creates a phantom ghost in his image and then magically disengrates it. Also communicates with Link from far away.
-Magical Shockwave ground stomp
-Traps Zelda in a crystal
-Levitates
-Dead Man's Volley
-Revives Volvagia
-Waves of darkness that hold back navi
-Huge ball of magic that he summons and throws at link
-Destroys his tower using his Magic power
-Transforms into a giant pig

Windwaker-
Not much, but he does create Phantom Ganons
-Also you could count puppet Ganon

TP
-Survives a stabbing
-Can turn himself into a giant ball of flame
-Can create magical barriers
-Can teleport
-Possess Zelda
-Shoots magical projectiles while possessing Zelda
-Summons phantom horsemen using magic
-Transforms into a giant pig

ALBW (Counting Yuga Ganon)
-Dead Man's
-Fire keese
-Weird energy wave columns
-Fire-like projectiles

So much potential, and we get punches.

He's a Wizard, sorry

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
At first I was all for Ganon getting a new moveset, but over time, FalconDorf grew on me. Now I wouldn't have it any other way. But it would be cool to see WW Ganon be a sword/magic user, admittedly.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
To be fair, Ganondorf would be considered a Warlock. A Warlock is a wizard that specifies in wichcraft and dark magic.

wiz·ard
noun\ˈwi-zərd\
: a person who is skilled in magic or who has magical powers : a sorcerer or magician

war·lock
noun\ˈwȯr-ˌläk\
: a man who has magical powers and practices witchcraft : a sorcerer or wizard

On topic, I think Falcondorf if a great representation of Ganondorf. He's owner of the triforce of power for gods sake. What says power more to you than punching and kicking things? I've honestly never been a fan of Gannon using a sword. Only time I thought it was alright was Hyrule Warriors but he still mixed it up there.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
While I'd honestly be happiest with Ganondorf getting totally revamped, I'd be fine if he were at least somewhat of a Semi-Clone.
But I mean... the same specials as falcon? Really?
Just make Warlock Punch Warlock Blade
Make Wizkick Dead man's (B pulls out Magic, B again throws it.)
Keep Flame Choke
Make his Up B a Fire Keese (Or any sort of magic)
Make his Air down B his shockwave punch

That's all he really needs

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, Ganondorf would be considered a Warlock. A Warlock is a wizard that specifies in wichcraft and dark magic.

wiz·ard
noun\ˈwi-zərd\
: a person who is skilled in magic or who has magical powers : a sorcerer or magician

war·lock
noun\ˈwȯr-ˌläk\

On topic, I think Falcondorf if a great representation of Ganondorf. He's owner of the triforce of power for gods sake. What says power more to you than punching and kicking things? I've honestly never been a fan of Gannon using a sword. Only time I thought it was alright was Hyrule Warriors but he still mixed it up there.
Ganondorf has magical powers and is skilled with Magic. That makes him a wizard. A warlock is still a wizard.

Also, the triforce of power gave Ganon more magic power than anything. It's not like he ever attacks physically besides like 2 moves in any Zelda games. He's THE Warlock (Or evil wizard) of videogames. Can he at least get SOME ranged magic?

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Ganondorf has magical powers and is skilled with Magic. That makes him a wizard. A warlock is still a wizard.

Also, the triforce of power gave Ganon more magic power than anything. It's not like he ever attacks physically besides like 2 moves in any Zelda games. He's THE Warlock (Or evil wizard) of videogames. Can he at least get SOME ranged magic?
Please don't double post in the future :p

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ganondorf is better and much more satisfying than Falcon, that's for sure.

I'm addicted to G-Dorf, but I do want a new style/moveset. Best case-scenario is keep Warlockster and add King of Thieves from Wind Waker with dual swords and reflecting abilities.

It's too bad.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice

wiz·ard
noun\ˈwi-zərd\

war·lock
noun\ˈwȯr-ˌläk\

Isn't a Warlock technically just an evil Wizard anyway? Come to think of it, Ganondorf was originally just seeking a better life for the Gerudo. So he probably wasn't practicing witchcraft.

EDIT: If you don't think Ganondorf is a Wizard, try playing a Zelda game. Why are you on here campaigning for this character to keep his boring moveset of punches when you don't even know what he's capable of. If Ganondorf was originally given an original moveset, and then was converted to falcondorf, people would be outraged. Nobody would be saying "He's just like he is in the games! He punches with teh magic an he's strong! DURR HURR" Nope, people are unable to accept change even if it's for the better. I can't wait until Sakurai retires and we get a new director who will actually change up G-Dorf's crappy moveset.

Most iconic evil wizard in videogames punches and kicks... Why? Just why? Why do people support this? I don't get it. Oh yeah, that's right, any and all change is bad, until like a month ot two later. At which point everyone would be happy with a new Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Isn't a Warlock technically just an evil Wizard anyway? Come to think of it, Ganondorf was originally just seeking a better life for the Gerudo. So he probably wasn't practicing witchcraft.

EDIT: If you don't think Ganondorf is a Wizard, try playing a Zelda game. Why are you on here campaigning for this character to keep his boring moveset of punches when you don't even know what he's capable of. If Ganondorf was originally given an original moveset, and then was converted to falcondorf, people would be outraged. Nobody would be saying "He's just like he is in the games! He punches with teh magic an he's strong! DURR HURR" Nope, people are unable to accept change even if it's for the better. I can't wait until Sakurai retires and we get a new director who will actually change up G-Dorf's crappy moveset.

Most iconic evil wizard in videogames punches and kicks... Why? Just why? Why do people support this? I don't get it. Oh yeah, that's right, any and all change is bad, until like a month ot two later. At which point everyone would be happy with a new Ganondorf.

Nope. Warlock is not the equivalent of an evil wizard. Clearly, you've never read Harry Potter - Dumbledore is Chief Warlock and he's the symbol of Light.

We're not denying Ganondorf knows magic. Wizards are generally known for using wands and staves. I've never seen Ganondorf use a wand or staff. That's why he's not a "Wizard." Of course, you can be both Wizard and Warlock, but Ganondorf doesn't fit the mythological description of "Wizard." For one, his style is more... brute force, should i say?

In smash, a lot of characters are totally changed from their canon appearances. Marth, Ike, Ganon, Falcon, and other characters have had a revamp in fighting style. For example, Marth's dancing blade: He doesn't learn the skill "Astra" which allows him to strike multiple times, from which the move is derived.

We already have Warlock's blade, a good custom move. In addition, to address the moves you described, Ganondorf is actually worse off. He'll still struggle immensely with projectiles, especially the fast ones. He'll have no way to punish rolls, which is also a large problem he already suffers from but is mitigated by his WizKick.

I'm going to revisit my original point and say that it's Sakurai who makes the final say here. He's a great man who's done a lot for the community. He's not going to change Ganondorf anytime soon. Big whoop, I like Ganon the way he is (though he could be a bit sped up). If you've got a problem, take it to the man if you can. Or deal with it. I know there's a decent fanbase calling for Ganondorf to have a different moveset. But I hate to break it to you, you're going to have to wait. At least 7 years for the next game.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yeah take it to the man who is pigeonholed in Japan. Really now. And Marth's Dancing Blade isn't based on the Astra skill but rather "Brave Weapons" which allowed you to strike 4 times in a single turn.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Yeah take it to the man who is pigeonholed in Japan. Really now. And Marth's Dancing Blade isn't based on the Astra skill but rather "Brave Weapons" which allowed you to strike 4 times in a single turn.
Sorry man, but it Is definitely astra. Brave weapons would result in the same attack four times, astra is a series of different slashes in rapid succession.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Sorry man, but it Is definitely astra. Brave weapons would result in the same attack four times, astra is a series of different slashes in rapid succession.
Oh I see. I now remember the skill being in Fire Emblem Gaiden. Minor overlook.

Last edited:

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Nope. Warlock is not the equivalent of an evil wizard. Clearly, you've never read Harry Potter - Dumbledore is Chief Warlock and he's the symbol of Light.

We're not denying Ganondorf knows magic. Wizards are generally known for using wands and staves. I've never seen Ganondorf use a wand or staff. That's why he's not a "Wizard." Of course, you can be both Wizard and Warlock, but Ganondorf doesn't fit the mythological description of "Wizard." For one, his style is more... brute force, should i say?

In smash, a lot of characters are totally changed from their canon appearances. Marth, Ike, Ganon, Falcon, and other characters have had a revamp in fighting style. For example, Marth's dancing blade: He doesn't learn the skill "Astra" which allows him to strike multiple times, from which the move is derived.

We already have Warlock's blade, a good custom move. In addition, to address the moves you described, Ganondorf is actually worse off. He'll still struggle immensely with projectiles, especially the fast ones. He'll have no way to punish rolls, which is also a large problem he already suffers from but is mitigated by his WizKick.

I'm going to revisit my original point and say that it's Sakurai who makes the final say here. He's a great man who's done a lot for the community. He's not going to change Ganondorf anytime soon. Big whoop, I like Ganon the way he is (though he could be a bit sped up). If you've got a problem, take it to the man if you can. Or deal with it. I know there's a decent fanbase calling for Ganondorf to have a different moveset. But I hate to break it to you, you're going to have to wait. At least 7 years for the next game.
Wizard
  1. a man who has magical powers, especially in legends and fairy tales.
    synonyms:sorcerer, warlock, magus, (black) magician, necromancer, enchanter;
    archaicmage
    "the wizard cast a spell over them"

• Comparing a warlock to a wizard is like comparing a tuna to a fish. A warlock is a type of wizard. Also, wizards do not have to use staves or wands. Merlin, who is perhaps the most well known mythological wizard, was never said to have a staff, and even if he does have one, he didn't use it for magical purposes. Also, why would Ganon be a warlock? He was originally just seeking a better life for his people? This would mean that at first, Ganon has no indication of using witchcraft. There really isn't any indication of witchcraft coming from Ganondorf unless you count all magic witchcraft.

Brute force is also definitely NOT Ganondorf's style. Ganondorf is a manipulative and discreet villain. In Ocarina of time, Ganondorf lies and manipulates to get wants. In Windwaker, Ganon's action in now way resemble brute force. Ganondorf is more secretive. He's not up in your face laying siege to the world and stuff. The only time Ganondorf uses what could be considered force in Windwaker is when he loses his **** at the end after losing what he's sought after for thousands of years. Even then, Ganondorf uses finesse and skill than Bret force.

Same with Twilight Princess, he is never up front about anything until he gets what he wants. Ganondorf is always pulling the strings from behind the scenes, keeping his identity hidden. He doesn't use brute force by any means, and when he does fight, he fights more finesse that brute force,

Also Ike and Marth at least function somewhat similarly to how they do in their respected games. Cpt, falcon is also completely different. Falcon really doesn't have much that could be used as a move set since his game is based on racing. They'd have to create a new move set for him. Ganondorf already has a ton of moves he could use, but he uses non of them.

Also, enough with the Sakurai bull****, just because I find something in his game stupid doesn't mean I hate him. If I want Ganondorf to be better represented, I can. There is nothing wrong with me criticizing things in a product just because most of it is good. I don't hate Sakurai, and I'm sick of people bringing him into every debate that involves someone being disappointed in the game.

Last edited:

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
I still don't understand how this version of ganondorf doesn't fit him... He uses magic, he is increadibly powerful and evil.

Just because he uses ranged spells in the Zelda games doesn't mean he has to do it here. This showa his versatility!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
"Please stop having a different opinion than mine."

I like Falcondorf. Sure I'd be game on giving him a few new attacks that fit him a bit more, like getting rid of Warlock Punch for Dead Man's Volley, but for the most part I think he adds a lot to the game with his current moveset. As I'm not a huge Zelda fan either I also prefer Falcondorf over transfering his moveset over to Black Shadow, because Ganondorf is a cool character while Black Shadow isn't.

By the way, I suck at Ganondorf, it has nothing to do with winning. Ganondorf is regarded as a below average character in Brawl, PM and Smash 4, you really couldn't have chosen a worse character to talk like this about (maybe except Link and Zelda) since Ganondorf is often joked about as being a bad character.

Of course me not being a huge Zelda fan does make my opinion on the matter a bit iffy as I do not have a very big attachment to his character outside of Smash, however claiming people shouldn't have a specific opinion on something is really nothing short of silly.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I still don't understand how this version of ganondorf doesn't fit him... He uses magic, he is increadibly powerful and evil.

Just because he uses ranged spells in the Zelda games doesn't mean he has to do it here. This showa his versatility!
Actually no versatile would mean he can accomplish many tasks with a variety of things. He only punches and kicks and relies on people screwing up and mind games to get his hits in. The only Ganondorf part of him is how powerful his attacks are. Call me spoiled but after Hyrule Warriors I can't take Smashdorf seriously. I won't deny he is fun to play though. He's pretty great as he is. But the Zelda fan in me wants something more I guess. If they gave Thunder Palm the ability to reflect projectiles I would never cry about Ganondorf again.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
W

Because Smash Bros depicts him as a physical fighter when in the games he a magic user and a sword weilder. He does not punch and kick. I'd be fine with Ganon doing SOME punching and kicking, but the fact that it's his entire move set pusses me off,

Because in Zelda, when Ganondorf is old he is depicted as many fantasy old dudes are. Old, yet incredibly agile and capable. In Smash he intentionally made to look wearing and out of breath. Sakurai has stated this. It's a huge disservice to his character when the games depict the exact opposite of what Smash Does. Making Ganon a falcon clone is one thing, but taking another **** on him took it too far for me. Ganondorf deserves better.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Wizard
  1. a man who has magical powers, especially in legends and fairy tales.
    synonyms:sorcerer, warlock, magus, (black) magician, necromancer, enchanter;
    archaicmage
    "the wizard cast a spell over them"

• Comparing a warlock to a wizard is like comparing a tuna to a fish. A warlock is a type of wizard. Also, wizards do not have to use staves or wands. Merlin, who is perhaps the most well known mythological wizard, was never said to have a staff, and even if he does have one, he didn't use it for magical purposes. Also, why would Ganon be a warlock? He was originally just seeking a better life for his people? This would mean that at first, Ganon has no indication of using witchcraft. There really isn't any indication of witchcraft coming from Ganondorf unless you count all magic witchcraft.

Brute force is also definitely NOT Ganondorf's style. Ganondorf is a manipulative and discreet villain. In Ocarina of time, Ganondorf lies and manipulates to get wants. In Windwaker, Ganon's action in now way resemble brute force. Ganondorf is more secretive. He's not up in your face laying siege to the world and stuff. The only time Ganondorf uses what could be considered force in Windwaker is when he loses his **** at the end after losing what he's sought after for thousands of years. Even then, Ganondorf uses finesse and skill than Bret force.

Same with Twilight Princess, he is never up front about anything until he gets what he wants. Ganondorf is always pulling the strings from behind the scenes, keeping his identity hidden. He doesn't use brute force by any means, and when he does fight, he fights more finesse that brute force,

Also Ike and Marth at least function somewhat similarly to how they do in their respected games. Cpt, falcon is also completely different. Falcon really doesn't have much that could be used as a move set since his game is based on racing. They'd have to create a new move set for him. Ganondorf already has a ton of moves he could use, but he uses non of them.

Also, enough with the Sakurai bull****, just because I find something in his game stupid doesn't mean I hate him. If I want Ganondorf to be better represented, I can. There is nothing wrong with me criticizing things in a product just because most of it is good. I don't hate Sakurai, and I'm sick of people bringing him into every debate that involves someone being disappointed in the game.
A warlock is a subset of a wizard, yes. But Ganondorf calls forth magic from himself/ triforce. The general wizard conception DOES use a medium to channel magic: tome, staff, wand, while Warlocks are generally seen as "More powerful wizards." Most people speculate Ganondorf wanted a better life for the Gerudo, and in order to do that, he would have to seize the lands of Hyrule. So in a sense, he did want a better life for his people, the Gerudo. Either that, or he was just overly manipulative and was just plain evil from the beginning, which I don't believe at all.
There really isn't any indication of witchcraft coming from Ganondorf unless you count all magic witchcraft.
What? Witchcraft IS another word for magic. >.>;;
Ganondorf is a manipulative villain. But you misunderstand me. I say his fighting style. In Twilight Princess, he attacks with high power (and punishable cooldown) which shows his fighting style fits a punishment plus force style, rather than finesse. He may not use magic or swords (or maybe his powers pump up his power) in Smash but his style is still represented. Up in your face, waiting for an attack and hitting you right in the face. He relies on FORCE after punishing your mistake.

Ike and Marth have similarities to their respected games. I won't deny that. Marth's stats focus more on speed and skill, which shows his finesse with the sword. Shield breaker is a similar design based off a thrust in fencing. And counter is a "counterattack." Basically, he's a fencing variant of his game canon self (with astra, which he couldn't learn ingame) Ike focuses on HP/Attack/ Speed. With decent defenses. In Smash, he's strikingly slower than what you'd expect, with a large attack power. One might expect his fighting style to be more similar to a Berzerker, who has high attack and endurance (heavy weight).

Lastly, I understand that you want him to be better represented. But you did start the Sakurai issue, claiming that you can't "wait until Sakurai's out of office." Doesn't seem like you like him very much. Or at least his decisions. He's emotionally attached to Ganondorf, seeing him as a representation of his father. If the next director, if any, respects Sakurai, high chance we'll still be getting a Falcondorf.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
Well it seems like we just have different opinions on this one... I wouldn't want him changed, for me this is exactly how I want Ganon and how I view him as a character... Hopefullu he is like this in the next Zelda game ;)

Folt

Smash Ace
Same here. He was the most unexpected clone (later semi-clone), yet he worked.

Zanestat

Smash Rookie
I think this representation of our dark lord is perfect, over the series you see he is cocky and that is shown in smash that he is cocky enough to not use any weapons. In a lot, if not all Zelda games with ganondorf he knows link has the one sword that can kill him and yet he will stay in his human form instead instantly turning into ganon and he makes link fight shadow puppets and other beings he has created because it seems like he thinks link is not worthy of fighting face to face.
Never disrespect our dark lord or you shall feel the dark legions scorn.:ganondorf:

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm fed up with the idea of Ganondorf getting these major changes. He's had this established moveset for a VERY long time (13 years.) It's pretty much staying the same, barring Flame Choke. I also don't understand the ****ing issue honestly.

It's Ganondorf, a paragon of pure power and recklessness, true evil. His moveset is ruthless, strong, and slow. It fits him very well. And this whole "Falcondorf" bull**** needs to stop too because they barely animate the same anymore and they NEVER EVEN PLAYED REMOTELY THE SAME even when he DID have a bunch of Falcon's animations!

TL;DR OP we've played this character for about 13 years more than most people who want his moveset to magically reshape itself. While I myself would always continue to play him, I LOVE him like this.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist

This mod feels more bad *** and more fun to play than Smash Ganon and there is no reason why this cant be implemented. Try it out for your selves and see how fun and how fitting it is for Ganondorf.

And btw I love Smash Ganon and I love how he plays! But there is not excuse for lazy cloning. At the very least I only wish he had DMV for B, more dark magic on his aerials (with maybe a new/more useful Nair), down B standard would be the dive kick aka- custom 2 (maybe even make it into a punch resembling the OoT ground punch for uniqueness), new + useful up tilt, and his smashes to use a sword. And finally that all the moves he has won't share an animation with C. Falcon. They can be the same in every way as they are now but not look the same as C.Falcon. Would any one really object to a move set change like this?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
This mod feels more bad *** and more fun to play than Smash Ganon and there is no reason why this cant be implemented. Try it out for your selves and see how fun and how fitting it is for Ganondorf.

And btw I love Smash Ganon and I love how he plays! But there is not excuse for lazy cloning. At the very least I only wish he had DMV for B, more dark magic on his aerials (with maybe a new/more useful Nair), down B standard would be the dive kick aka- custom 2 (maybe even make it into a punch resembling the OoT ground punch for uniqueness), new + useful up tilt, and his smashes to use a sword. And finally that all the moves he has won't share an animation with C. Falcon. They can be the same in every way as they are now but not look the same as C.Falcon. Would any one really object to a move set change like this?
Does this mod work for unmodded Wii's and how would I go about it? Looks fun.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I guess I should say does this work for Project M 3.5?
It works for 3.02. But there is anew version (v4.0) for PM 3.5. No video I can post though. It changes some moves around but all by adding more magic and/or unique moves. Like OoT ground punch for down B. And changing the sword taunt toa different to sword attack. Next version with more sword coming soon.

Follow this thread for updates and discussion; http://smashboards.com/threads/triforce-ganondorf-mod-version-3-0-mixed.356467/page-16

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Smash Ganondorf is the best incarnation of the characters, IMO. He should keep the moveset he has now, which is incredibly satisfying. If anything, we should hope for Pig Ganon to be a newcomer (DLC or in the next Smash). We have two Zeldas (OoT Zelda aka Sheik and TP Zelda), two Links (TP Link and TWW Link). Where is the second Ganon? Pig Ganon wielding a trident and with a couple magic attacks would be the hypest thing.

Top Bottom