• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

nicaboy

Smash Champion
We gotta start organizing **** instead of just randomly going to zp.
There is nothing wrong with just randomly going. The problem is that when we do organize something the lack of attendance. We have a players. I really dont get it. See look I will show you. We have 3 main groups. We have fau players. I cant say how many 6 plus for sure though. We have the main group. Me roy blea kevin jason laz eli etc. bout 8 -11. Then Highleah you(one who plays from time to time with us) gatto lol box cgm bin brezzy thats all I know. We can easily have tournaments 15 plus but we stay sepreated. You know what Imma try and setp it up.

So lets discuss somethings in fairness. How can we make it so that we have better attendance? How can we get more people to play? And travel issues.

I think if we want better attendance we(main group) need to start traveling as well to the fau group at least. Not sure on how active highleah is now a days danny would have to tell me. In fairness they need to come too. When lee was hosting tourneys we had like 15 plus always. Wtf happened?

Lets also try to be more organized. Back when I started we use to always no in advance mainly friday though.

Justin I need you and dwayne to speak with them to come out to zp man. Im sure you guys are getting better and love the game but honestly if you want to get good your gonna have to start playing good people. We should also(main group) start going to you guys.

Fau hosting a tourney doesnt sound like a bad idea either. Alot of people might enter just from seeing a flyer word of mouth or something.

Discuss other 2 points but i want higher attendance!
I like friday better though. Friday night. But I'll see about saturday
Friday is good for me as well. Saturday isnt good for me. You guys wanna set it in stone? Make the fau kids come and the regulars and we as a community can talk and stuff about to to make our scene better. It can be a smash metting thing :)

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
There is nothing wrong with just randomly going. The problem is that when we do organize something the lack of attendance. We have a players. I really dont get it. See look I will show you. We have 3 main groups. We have fau players. I cant say how many 6 plus for sure though. We have the main group. Me roy blea kevin jason laz eli etc. bout 8 -11. Then Highleah you(one who plays from time to time with us) gatto lol box cgm bin brezzy thats all I know. We can easily have tournaments 15 plus but we stay sepreated. You know what Imma try and setp it up.

So lets discuss somethings in fairness. How can we make it so that we have better attendance? How can we get more people to play? And travel issues.

I think if we want better attendance we(main group) need to start traveling as well to the fau group at least. Not sure on how active highleah is now a days danny would have to tell me. In fairness they need to come too. When lee was hosting tourneys we had like 15 plus always. Wtf happened?

Lets also try to be more organized. Back when I started we use to always no in advance mainly friday though.

Justin I need you and dwayne to speak with them to come out to zp man. Im sure you guys are getting better and love the game but honestly if you want to get good your gonna have to start playing good people. We should also(main group) start going to you guys.

Fau hosting a tourney doesnt sound like a bad idea either. Alot of people might enter just from seeing a flyer word of mouth or something.

Discuss other 2 points but i want higher attendance!

Friday is good for me as well. Saturday isnt good for me. You guys wanna set it in stone? Make the fau kids come and the regulars and we as a community can talk and stuff about to to make our scene better. It can be a smash metting thing :)
I agree with this post. Except you're wrong about one thing. I'm the only hialeah player left. Everyone quit. The only people who still play are Bin Breezy and his brother but they have girlfriend, summer school, and work johns. So I am the only player in my area. =/

Oh and I'm good for Friday AND saturday. I'll try to make it to both.

I think the meeting thing is a good idea.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Well, the reason I picked Saturday, because Friday is usually packed with SF4 fighters and it gets crowded, so there would be barely any T.V's for any of us to play on. And I honestly hate doing circled rotations.

em0cand3h

Smash Rookie
Well, either day is good for me, depending when and if beanman goes and if transportation is available to us. I don't think he's aware of this meeting, but I'll tell him. c:

There is an issue about having tourneys at FAU. Our gameroom is extremely small and has only one good tv. I'm not sure if there's anywhere else we can have tourneys on campus...I'm not too knowledgable about that. I know one of my friends went to the tourney in UCF or UF, I can't remember, so I have no idea how they held it, but anyway, I'm sure that topic will be discussed in such meeting.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
I am unsure whether hosting a tourny at FAU over the summer is viable. Besides needing to plan around orientation and somehow getting them to agree to letting us use like 4 tv's plus a room, there is still the issue that FAU closes at like 8pm during the summer.

Emo, would you be able to go if pike drove, or would you need me to drive?

FAU has around 10 solid people, but could probably draw a larger group of people from the people who play casually. Additionally, I know of a few people in Boca who wont go to zp because they are lazy as **** and are content with getting 4 stocked by jigz everyday, but would attend a tourny if one were held in boca.

For me personally, it's a matter of planning as far as my travel johns. I hate ****ing driving. I am good with either friday or sat, but would like you guys to decide on a day by tonight. That way I can make some calls and maybe get a carpool car to go down there, considering the lack of parking at ZP.

em0cand3h

Smash Rookie
Beanman, I'm down for going with you and pike, regardless whether our other friend goes or not. I would hope that person would come but w/e. I also don't care who does the driving.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I am unsure whether hosting a tourny at FAU over the summer is viable. Besides needing to plan around orientation and somehow getting them to agree to letting us use like 4 tv's plus a room, there is still the issue that FAU closes at like 8pm during the summer.

Emo, would you be able to go if pike drove, or would you need me to drive?

FAU has around 10 solid people, but could probably draw a larger group of people from the people who play casually. Additionally, I know of a few people in Boca who wont go to zp because they are lazy as **** and are content with getting 4 stocked by jigz everyday, but would attend a tourny if one were held in boca.

For me personally, it's a matter of planning as far as my travel johns. I hate ****ing driving. I am good with either friday or sat, but would like you guys to decide on a day by tonight. That way I can make some calls and maybe get a carpool car to go down there, considering the lack of parking at ZP.
well maybe we should start planing tourneys in boca? Zp in generally ideal because of the low cost of the venue and centralized location. Im not objecting to boca tourneys just that zp seems to be best. If i host one its zp for sure. Secondly I dont think its to m uch to ask to drive south like 30mins once a month :). Hold tourneys in boca though and I will come.
Beanman, I'm down for going with you and pike, regardless whether our other friend goes or not. I would hope that person would come but w/e. I also don't care who does the driving.
Im still saying friday just get there early people. I cant make it saturday. Friday for sure. I get out of work 9:45 so i can get to zp at like 10:10 pm or so. Mine singles doubles tourny?

Beanman

Smash Cadet
well maybe we should start planing tourneys in boca? Zp in generally ideal because of the low cost of the venue and centralized location. Im not objecting to boca tourneys just that zp seems to be best. If i host one its zp for sure. Secondly I dont think its to m uch to ask to drive south like 30mins once a month :). Hold tourneys in boca though and I will come.
Unfortunately I live about 30 min north of boca, so its more like 2 hours round trip :\

Im still saying friday just get there early people. I cant make it saturday. Friday for sure. I get out of work 9:45 so i can get to zp at like 10:10 pm or so. Mine singles doubles tourny?
From what cryptik said about friday, it seems like we would have trouble getting TV's and ****.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
no there is no trouble if we get there early. beat them too the tvs! duh smash people need to use logic. Saturday is fine too. Just dont expect me too come. I believe justin want friday as well

em0cand3h

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm going whenever beanman and pike are going. I have no objections towards Friday or Saturday. How early are you suggesting for Friday?

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Well, Nicaboy doesn't get there till 10:10 but that doesn't mean we can't get there before. Just let me know when to go and I will be there. I normally show up around 7 but it usually depends on when everyone else shows up.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
double im buying a dazzle next week guys and i want a good one! Gonna start making sfl combo vids with everyone who plays alot.
me roy jason laz eli kevin steven blea chris maybe dwayne ya gonna be good stuff

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I talked to a majority of the SF4, Friday is usually the only time most of them get together and play and being that ZP is the only place for them to play, I feel bad hogging up the majority of the televisions from them, especially since majority of people that come in that night come to play street fighter, and everyone there pays Phil which helps him out as well. So why not let em have that night and get their chance to play? But again, if you guys want to do Fridays then it's whateva.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
rolf dont play that card with me. we have a community too not mention smash hasnt really been at zp. anyway we are a community if you guys want saturday go for it. i just wont go :)

zidane3015

Smash Cadet
Well Dale thats like them coming into ZP on a Saturday you're holding a tournament and taking 3-4 T.V.'s so they can play SF

em0cand3h

Smash Rookie
Uhhh, I have no idea about the FAU group going right now; I'm sure beanman can put more info than I can to what's going on tomorrow for our group. >_<

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh, I have no idea about the FAU group going right now; I'm sure beanman can put more info than I can to what's going on tomorrow for our group. >_<
I believe me, david, and marlon are going. I talked to chris and yihua but I don't no if they can go yet. I told rj and pike, I no they wanna go but no word yet from them about friday.

I can't wait, haven't played in a while

em0cand3h

Smash Rookie
I believe me, david, and marlon are going. I talked to chris and yihua but I don't no if they can go yet. I told rj and pike, I no they wanna go but no word yet from them about friday.

I can't wait, haven't played in a while
Yea, I know RJ wants to go but when I talked to him today, he said pike didn't pick up the phone or something so we have no idea. We just need a ride there and we're both willing to put some gas money to get there.

Top Bottom