• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Double post.@cross: what is the name of the recording device you and ishi used to use to upload brawl vids on youtube. I remember it was a red recording thing.

Cross.

Smash Ace
smash sucks now. nobody wants to play it anymore. seriously? the smash tv getting turned off for most of the night despite players being there? cmon.

i may as well just quit if no1 wants to play smash serious anymore.

abcool

Smash Ace
Ahhh. I knew it would happen. This is the effect i was telling you about. Smash is a game that relies alot on it's community to stay alive. Being quite honest. It won't die. It'll revive itself. After Apex and all the hype you'll all be playing again, but with no one else getting interest and lack of tourneys in jamaica, it'll be like a switch on and off.

Best thing i can tell you is try and advertise. If you feel the game has a purpose go after it. Atleast then you can atleast say you tried. I am gonna check a local gamestore today and see if i can make a difference. Atleast find 1-2 ppl that may wanna get into it. If i fail i know i tried instead of saying the world is not interested based on theory.

If smash isn't the game for jamaica try others, one is bound to catch i know SF is one of the most popular fighters to date, if u wanna get into it ofcourse.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
SF is already crazy popular out here. We usually have large numbers of SF people every Friday.

Cross.

Smash Ace
street fighter is not crazy popular

no fighting game is

and smash is a game that relies on the community to stay alive? thats fighting games bro

all in all i dont care to go out and try to "make a difference" that makes no sense to me at all.

but if the people who i dont need to "show the light" to dont even want to play anymore then *** that.

im the best anyways, i wont have any regrets :)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I dont no about yall but Im going do whatever it takes to get better at smash.

I took a break off of smash in 2006 because it was just me and my friend playing but in 2009 my first visit to red alert I met you guys and saw the skill and the performance of you guys,and it made me wonder if i was still training from 06 I would have been at your level or at least beyond it. apex or no apex Im still training for me.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
@Cross.
Wait hold on.. wasn't the smash tv used until everyone from smash but you and I were left? Moreover, you started to watch/play SF, so I joined in on that, and after they all left we played SF/Smash for a couple hours. o.o

abcool

Smash Ace
What i mean when i say rely on its community is this.> If i go to a party and i take out street fighter 2 and i start playing i am bound to find 3-4 ppl on my level, because of its popularity, u can go months without street fighter come back and in a few hours you got the skills to compete with someone considered *good* at it. Now in melee not so much, because smash doesn't come with all the rules, you have to find ppl that have the *Tourney knowledge of it* in order to play it at the level of competitiveness that has been made for it by the community. That is what i mean.

I can say without a doubt that some ppl don't know about advanced tech and so on, but have a love for melee and if they did know they would have gotten into it much earlier. So that is why i said you can go looking, then again, its your choice. I took what you said about the love for the game and i understand what you mean, but nothing comes *easy* in life. There are more ppl in jamaican than the bahamas and i sure as hell 85% of them don't know what advanced tech is in melee.

If it dies..Atleast you got street fighter so its cool.

Cross.

Smash Ace
if it dies? smash is as good as dead here dude. the only comp is the exact same people we play all the time. every fighting game is dead down here.

its not about comin easy but i jus dont see the point in runnin people down to learn to play smash wen all of our players came into it on their own.

an lol @ "oh u got sf its cool". seriously? sf is in the exact same boat except they have a few more players.

an also tossy nobody even played smash as soon as the team matches were done, wen i went 2 get food an came bak every1 was jus sittin around with the tv on an not doin anything so i jus decided to play sf for the rest of the night.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
smash sucks now. nobody wants to play it anymore. seriously? the smash tv getting turned off for most of the night despite players being there? cmon.

i may as well just quit if no1 wants to play smash serious anymore.
If anything eraser should be sent off of smash:mad:. he's the one slowing us down. every friday night all he wants to do is win. We cant get better every friday night when we have to fight a rux like eraser. we can only get better by facing players on our level or players above our level.
Cross you posted this thread for one reason. (to get better at smash). if we all stop playing smash just because of eraser's winning addiction then the heart of smash in jamaica will die. and smash will forever be U.S, Europe, Canada and japan. We will be looking at this 2 years later saying ****. we should have continued this thread maybe we could have gone to a tournament in the U.S and be recognized as the founders of the jamaican smash community.

Cross.

Smash Ace
u say u cant get any better playin a rux like eraser but...he beats u sinji. u cant defeat his peach at all. i dont think hes slowin us down, both me an tossy played him extensively last year an it didnt slow us down at all. wat does that say about u if u can beat players like me or tossy but not eraser? he will force u 2 stop doin the fukry ur doin. u say u can only get better by facing some one on ur level but sinji, eraser IS on ur level. thats why he beats u consistently.

an 2 be frank i feel like all u want 2 do is win as well *****. thats why u get upset wen u lose an ball bout controller an all kinds of ****. gettin better is so much harder than wat u imagine. jus sittin down an playin me or whoever extensively will help u for sure, but there comes a time wen ur really goin 2 hav to dig deeper an see why ur losin an find a way over it. in a case like that, playin some1 like eraser is the best thing u could ever hope for.

an really i wont ever tell eraser 2 stop comin. as much as u may hate 2 admit it, he is a smash player, an also hes my friend.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
u say u cant get any better playin a rux like eraser but...he beats u sinji. u cant defeat his peach at all. i dont think hes slowin us down, both me an tossy played him extensively last year an it didnt slow us down at all. wat does that say about u if u can beat players like me or tossy but not eraser? he will force u 2 stop doin the fukry ur doin. u say u can only get better by facing some one on ur level but sinji, eraser IS on ur level. thats why he beats u consistently.

an 2 be frank i feel like all u want 2 do is win as well *****. thats why u get upset wen u lose an ball bout controller an all kinds of ****. gettin better is so much harder than wat u imagine. jus sittin down an playin me or whoever extensively will help u for sure, but there comes a time wen ur really goin 2 hav to dig deeper an see why ur losin an find a way over it. in a case like that, playin some1 like eraser is the best thing u could ever hope for.

an really i wont ever tell eraser 2 stop comin. as much as u may hate 2 admit it, he is a smash player, an also hes my friend.
this is not a joke. hes not even apart of smashboards. Im going to continue practicing until I have the perfect fox. and I stoped complaining after I lost in the small bracket we had two weeks ago. I told my self that day that i would stop the f1ckry and practice on my tech skills and combo's till I get better for ppl like unknown and your friend that lives in canada. I wont give up on smash and go to SSF4 just because of hype after evo 2010. I will strive to be the best I can be.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
this is not a joke. hes not even apart of smashboards. Im going to continue practicing until I have the perfect fox. and I stoped complaining after I lost in the small bracket we had two weeks ago. I told my self that day that i would stop the f1ckry and practice on my tech skills and combo's till I get better for ppl like unknown and your friend that lives in canada. I wont give up on smash and go to SSF4 just because of hype after evo 2010. I will strive to be the best I can be.
Erasor has posted in this thread before, come to think of it, he joined smashboards a couple months before even you did, so don't even bring that.. lol, and cross is right, Erasor is a smash player, and is hella cool too, if you can't beat him then what does that say about you man?

Cross.

Smash Ace
sinji i kno this is not a joke. i wasnt joking at all. so hes not a apart of smashboards. so he doesnt watch vids. but he still beats u all the time with peach. What do u mean this aint a joke ***** did it seem like i was joking? i meant everything i said in my post. if u dont like me saying eraser is on ur level do something about it instead of callin him ruxy an sayin hes slowing u down yet u consistently lose to him. an im not playing ssf4 cuz of evo, i have been a sf player since last year wen i jus got my ps3.

edit: an i notice u say u decided to stop the fukry an concentrate on practicing and perfecting ur combos and execution. thats really cool an i definitely see the improvement, but thats not all there is to winning games. maybe thats why u cant beat eraser.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Sure thing. Wouldn't be wrong if you did.

Maybe one day in the future you can re-add me. But you can't stop me from posting here.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
...................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abcool

Smash Ace
You're still not getting what i am saying. I am saying ppl dont know about smash at a competitive level. One of the best ways is to just let them know that it *Exist* Ok example. In one gamestore i was in someone was starting a club, so he has posters he would put up in the store for ppl that are visiting to go in and see. So just post up a smashboards.com poster and they will join the site look around and see if there are interested or not. Simply raise awareness. How do you think brawl+ awareness was rasied. Simply through advertisment.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
You're still not getting what i am saying. I am saying ppl dont know about smash at a competitive level. One of the best ways is to just let them know that it *Exist* Ok example. In one gamestore i was in someone was starting a club, so he has posters he would put up in the store for ppl that are visiting to go in and see. So just post up a smashboards.com poster and they will join the site look around and see if there are interested or not. Simply raise awareness. How do you think brawl+ awareness was rasied. Simply through advertisment.
I see so if we advertise we might acquire more ppl. The question is where should we advertise.

abcool

Smash Ace
Be creative. I am sure one of u guys got access to a printer. Create a poster, Smashboards poster. Go to local gamestore like area 51 and post it up in there. When ppl are bored out of there minds and walking around they will see the poster and join the boards. The rest of it is up to faith to decide wether they wanna get serious about it or not. I am just simply saying raise awareness. Cross seems to be right on everything else though, can't baby ppl into playing melee, they have to join by choice. I might hold another tourney soon in the bahamas....It'll be small, but its good to watch vids and see what ppl thoughts are on your community.

Cross.

Smash Ace
ok i updated the 1st post. tell me who u consider your secondary to be if u want him beside ur name, man we need more variation

@ marauder: lol, wats the sense u post here? u dont play smash and u barely come out to fridays. but ur right i cant stop u.

edit: the area 51 players will never come on smashboards.

and sinji, stop saying ur fox is the best fox in ur region. no it aint. mine is better.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
@ Cross stop spying on me. Go to a falco thread or something and stop going to mine. Your fox aint better then mine. Ive been using fox for 11 years. Im the tru fox your just a poser.

Cross.

Smash Ace
thats why u everyone u lose to i beat with fox, as well beating u in the mirror match more often than not.

it doesnt matter how long uve been using him. Ive been using fox for a few months and mine is better than ur 11 year old fox. get *****.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
@ marauder: lol, wats the sense u post here? u dont play smash and u barely come out to fridays. but ur right i cant stop u.
I post here cause I wanna lol. And yeah, even though I don't play Smash, I still have an interest in the game.

And ***** I was sick last week. Thats legit johns.

I.B

Smash Lord
big ups to jamaican smash..wow man. i'm glad you guys got something going on down there.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Be creative. I am sure one of u guys got access to a printer. Create a poster, Smashboards poster. Go to local gamestore like area 51 and post it up in there. When ppl are bored out of there minds and walking around they will see the poster and join the boards. The rest of it is up to faith to decide wether they wanna get serious about it or not. I am just simply saying raise awareness. Cross seems to be right on everything else though, can't baby ppl into playing melee, they have to join by choice. I might hold another tourney soon in the bahamas....It'll be small, but its good to watch vids and see what ppl thoughts are on your community.
lol how come u post here but none of us ever hears from you otherwise?

my car recently broke down btw lol

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Double post. @Cross is the full name for a y adapter a (Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug/2-RCA Plugs (6ft))?

Cross.

Smash Ace
sinji i dont kno wat the *** ur asking me about cables an **** but if u want to record videos i jus need a Y adapter like that and a laptop to make it work(i hav the other **** alredi)

an yeh ill put sheik beside ur name

and btw sinji u really have stepped it up

was really impressed. SUPER salt matches on Yoshis were fun as hell

really looking forward to the next bracket now

Top Bottom