• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Iron Brawl I - Reflex, M2K - Unity Ruleset

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Hm...I may end up being able to go to this tourney without being broke-a**-h***. If I can convince my buddy to give me a ride up there and not pay too much gas $, then this is quite possible. I had lots of fun at AUSOM, and I really want to get better. So going to this tourney will help. :]

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I supposed to be moving into an apartment this week. There just doing a credit check, and that should come up ok. So if I move in this week there's a slim chance I can make it to this tourney. But If i move in next week. I doubt I make it.

This place is like 4 hrs away from me. Can anybody offer me housing?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I think every post from here on out should heavily announce to get there super early. Unless you want to take a hike to get to the venue.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I supposed to be moving into an apartment this week. There just doing a credit check, and that should come up ok. So if I move in this week there's a slim chance I can make it to this tourney. But If i move in next week. I doubt I make it.

This place is like 4 hrs away from me. Can anybody offer me housing?
You can crash on my couch if you want. I just can't promise that you won't have to fight someone else for it.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Are we going to have to pay for parking, Ingulit?
I know there's free parking on the top floor of the ten hoor parking deck after 8 pm or so. It's either free on the weekends or $2, so it's not gonna break the bank or anything

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
If worst comes to worse, people (who know me) can park at my place and carpool over. I suppose people can sleep on my floor if they want too.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
We will now be using the new "Unity Ruleset" the BBR recently released for Brawl in its entirety. That means rules, stagelist, everything (even the MK specific LGL... which I know is dumb).

ragnarock

Smash Lord
We will now be using the new "Unity Ruleset" the BBR recently released for Brawl in its entirety. That means rules, stagelist, everything (even the MK specific LGL... which I know is dumb).
If you have to restrict a character, you should just banned them. Point blank

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
I will be there btw. :] So hyped now.

On a side note: I actually think the LGL for MK is 100% legit. I thought this should have been done a while ago. Now I can play Samus in tourney MWAHAHAHAHA. Jk samus is bad.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ryker wants to come to this so I think Im 60-40 Iron brawl over rage. But I ima make My decision by thursday. Since comrade said he can house.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
If anyone needs housing for either Friday or Saturday night(or both), I can provide a couch(and floor, obviously) in the main/living room of my dorm. Just shoot me a pm. There's a parking deck that's $5 for people without parking passes nearby if you come Friday, which is much preferable to the prices on Saturday. The venue is a very short walk from here as well. If you bring a setup I can help you get it there with mine.

Long story short, you can bring a setup and use your door fee for parking instead if you stay Friday night.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
If anyone needs housing for either Friday or Saturday night(or both), I can provide a couch(and floor, obviously) in the main/living room of my dorm. Just shoot me a pm. There's a parking deck that's $5 for people without parking passes nearby if you come Friday, which is much preferable to the prices on Saturday. The venue is a very short walk from here as well. If you bring a setup I can help you get it there with mine.

Long story short, you can bring a setup and use your door fee for parking instead if you stay Friday night.
Yep. Very good advice. (Although the walk is about... a block to get to riverside)
If anyone needs housing, I can surely grab 2-3 peeps (Play melee for who gets the couch). Just hit me up at the venue (Tide) or send me a PM on here.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yep. Very good advice. (Although the walk is about... a block to get to riverside)
If anyone needs housing, I can surely grab 2-3 peeps (Play melee for who gets the couch). Just hit me up at the venue (Tide) or send me a PM on here.
Oh geez what a competitive couch

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
rag u going you want to team?

**** that man im not paying for ****ing parking **** that im parking at ****ing arbys or something ****

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
rag u going you want to team?

**** that man im not paying for ****ing parking **** that im parking at ****ing arbys or something ****
Even arby's won't have parking.

Trust me. I cannot emphasize enough how awful parking will be.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Even arby's won't have parking.

Trust me. I cannot emphasize enough how awful parking will be.
This times 10.
Hopefully someone with an off-campus house can spare some parking on their yard or something. Otherwise it's gonna be rough if you don't get there eeeaaarrrly

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
This times 10.
Hopefully someone with an off-campus house can spare some parking on their yard or something. Otherwise it's gonna be rough if you don't get there eeeaaarrrly
I already have.

(no one listens to me)

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
IMPORTANT, GUYS:

http://uagameday.com/football/index.php

There is currently free parking available! Get signed up now, and save yourself some hassle. We can arrange for you guys to drop off equipment and then get to your parking location. You'll be able to get to the venue with the way traffic is flowing. If you come in on Jack Warner pkwy and turn into campus on Hackberry, you will follow the "suggested traffic flow". If you then take a left at the first possible turn(it's to a residence hall), follow that through a parking lot, take a right onto the next street, and then the next right(one way street), you can stop right in front of the venue to unload your stuff.

Right now I'm not sure how close the shuttles come to the venue, but you will be able to catch one from your parking spots. If you are not able to get one of those parking spots, one of our staff has some parking available well off-campus. With any luck we can arrange some transportation.

:edit: DaBomb's parking is what I was talking about.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes. If you are going to be driving to campus in any way, for the love of all that's holy, TAKE JACK WARNER PARKWAY. It will very likely be the best route.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
We have the UA Crew finalized! We have:

Ingulit
JMIX
WUMPS
Da Bomb
SpamBananas

I know there are only 3 people coming from AU... we'll figure out the crews somehow :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Actually, this A-day situation is starting to sound like more trouble than it's worth. I have work I could be doing Saturday, so I'm thinking of sitting this one out. Billy and Wulfy could still ride in Reflex's car.

IGiveUp

Smash Cadet
I know I'm a couple pages late on this one, but I definitely don't envy the guy who has to right ragnarok for couch space. That dude's scary.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
So....my question is: how early is eeeeearly? As in, would showing up around 7:45 not be eeearly enough?

Edit: sorry if this question has already been answered. I can't find the answer + it would be good for others to know without having to look for the info throughout the thread.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Registration for 64 is from 8-10. If you want to play in 64, just make sure you show up before 10. If you want to play in the other tournaments, you don't have to show up as early (see the schedule at the top of this page).

Winnar

Smash Lord
Okay there are serious weather conditions going on so...my chances of driving to tuscaloosa tonight are getting lower and lower :(

Top Bottom