• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Iron Brawl I - Reflex, M2K - Unity Ruleset

IGiveUp

Smash Cadet
Indeed, Winnar is also a Ryan.

Also, I'm hosting a tourney on the first day of Ragnarok at Stonehenge, but I'm teleporting the Sears Tower over there and using ALL THE FLOORS.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
There is a decent chance I can make this

if that is the case, does anyone want the smash lessons/training I am doing? 100 a day or 300 a week. If you are interested in this at all then message me. After april I will no longer be living in Georgia so april is the only time I'll be in this state. let me know guys

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey everybody, it turns out the 16th is also what's called "A-Day" here at UA, a big spring football event. That means that the traffic and the parking will be pretty bad unless y'all show up earlier than you were thinking. We can't move the date any further back because of Easter and then finals, but we can still move the tournament back to the 9th. So, we're really not sure what to do, and we wanted all of your opinions. Should we:

A) Keep the event happening on the 16th, knowing that traffic and parking might become an issue, or

B) Move it back to the 9th, falling on the same day as SALT2?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
move it back to the 9th imo

mew2king WHATS UP MY ***** REMEMBER MY NAME DO YOU THINK MY NAME IS FUNNY I MAIN MK TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hey everybody, it turns out the 16th is also what's called "A-Day" here at UA, a big spring football event. That means that the traffic and the parking will be pretty bad unless y'all show up earlier than you were thinking. We can't move the date any further back because of Easter and then finals, but we can still move the tournament back to the 9th. So, we're really not sure what to do, and we wanted all of your opinions. Should we:

A) Keep the event happening on the 16th, knowing that traffic and parking might become an issue, or

B) Move it back to the 9th, falling on the same day as SALT2?
How bad will the traffic be and will it last all day?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The traffic will be bad in the morning and evening, but more importantly the parking will be tight (as people coming to A-Day will park in the lots near the venue) AND they might charge for parking. I'm thinking we might have to move it back to the 9th after all.

M2K, if you can make it, wanna do a best-of-3 $5 money match? I figure I wouldn't get another chance to play you otherwise :p

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
What about holding this on the 17th instead of the 16th? I know Sunday tournaments are kinda weird, but it would solve the problem of conflicting with SALT2 and the traffic problems of A-Day.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Don't hold it on the same day as SALT2. That's my vote.

I don't particularly mind using the 17th so long as the tournament doesn't end late. I don't like having a rough school day on Monday.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Its up to you. I could do sunday, I think I can get if off. You might have to start the tourney maybe a lil early so it can end early. Like reflex, has to go to school, and I get up for work at 5am mon-fri on my 1st job. But the way its sound saturday will be a pain, and I don't wanta pay for parking. So I'll do sunday, I'll just have to leave as soon as I get knock out the tourney...................if that happens. I won't be my first time going to a tourney on a sunday, but usually it be a sat,sun tourney.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, according to the Alabama thread, there's a tournament in the area (sort of) for every weekend up to May 9.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I just would really rather not have it on a Sunday because that means I would have to drive back to Auburn that night. We could have it on the same day as Salt II, but some really good GA would have a conflict of interest and choose Salt over this. I'm not sure how Ingulit feels about moving it back to May 9. The decision is ultimately his to make though.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
We can't move the date forward because:

A) Like Reflex said, there are conflicts up until the 9th, and
B) The 9th is around when finals start for us

I don't want to move it back over SALT2 because I want everyone who said they can attend to make it; ergo, I think we should hold it on Sunday, and we're currently thinking of scrapping the 64 tournament in an effort to finish sooner.

Now, if P1 could move the date of SALT2, that would be lovely... but he's already had to do that once, I know.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it then. Tuscaloosa is a decent trip from Auburn, and I wasn't planning on driving back the same night. I'll have classes the next day, so I'll need to be in bed long before I would be getting home. But don't let that discourage you from holding it on that Sunday. If it's fine with other people, then I don't see why you shouldn't.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Well crap. If the Auburn crew can't make it, that ruins the point of the tournament. I'm thinking I'm going to have to move it back to the 9th (I know, SALT2 and whatnot, but I'm out of ideas). Who CANNOT make it if I moved it to the 9th?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Okay, I'm going to take a poll. Of the following, which days could you (or that you'd want to) attend?

A) April 9th
B) April 16th (NOTE: Heavy traffic and bad parking)
C) April 17th (NOTE: No 64 tournament to end sooner)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
You can have it on the 17th. Maybe Luis will drive the other Auburn guys over? It's just that I don't want to get back really late on Sunday night when I have class the next day.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Way to be considerate, Mew2King.

I'm okay with B and C. I don't mind walking a distance from the area for the 16th, and I'm sure we'd be able to figure it out. I imagine I'd have room for three people in my car, aside from Calvin and myself.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm okay with B and C. I don't mind walking a distance from the area for the 16th, and I'm sure we'd be able to figure it out.
While I appreciate this sentiment, from what I understand we might not be able to have parking at all on the 16th. Like, people park on the sides of Jack Warner (a very busy street) because of how few parking spaces there are for events like A-Day. Because of this, I think Sunday would be much more feasible.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Whatever works, really. I don't mind Sunday--I just don't want to be back home at 3 AM on Monday morning.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Can we move one of our other instate tournaments (like AUSOM) to the 16th and have the Iron Brawl take its date? It sounds like Saturdays are usually the best days for tournaments.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
awww shooot so many fine ***** gonna be at that Alabama day stuff :p
(^ i think this is the first time i have ever used capatalization. pressing the shift bar was really more work than i though.)

YO MEW2KING START CALLING *****S OUT!!!!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Okay, **** it, we're going to host this on the 16th so that everyone can make it. For those of you coming from out-of-town, this does mean the traffic will be bad and the parking will be tough. If you are bringing a setup, we recommend you drop it by close to the venue and then go park elsewhere. We're going to see if we can find some decent parking for you guys despite the flood of A-Day people.

I'm thinking we're still going to cut the 64 tournament, but we're actually going to start later so that people can make it through the traffic.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Hype this ****. Hype it hard.
GANON MAINS EVERYWHERE!!!

Welcome to Tuscaloosa, where everyone mains ganon, and the one's who don't are shunned.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Okay, **** it, we're going to host this on the 16th so that everyone can make it. For those of you coming from out-of-town, this does mean the traffic will be bad and the parking will be tough. If you are bringing a setup, we recommend you drop it by close to the venue and then go park elsewhere. We're going to see if we can find some decent parking for you guys despite the flood of A-Day people.

I'm thinking we're still going to cut the 64 tournament, but we're actually going to start later so that people can make it through the traffic.
Good decision

Top Bottom