• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The importance of spiking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Shadow Brawler 99

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure everyone here new and old knows a thing or two about spiking. If you spike someone, it can really save you if your lacking in stock. I consider myself a little better when I spike someone correctly without messing up. I know one of you guys have won a match because you were able to do the right spike at the right time.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Its one of the things keeping Ganondorf from being the worst character in Brawl. His spike kills really early.

TP

Smash Master
Its one of the things keeping Ganondorf from being the worst character in Brawl. His spike kills really early.
Ganon uses reverse Uair as his primary edge guard against nearly every character.

However, Ganon does have the manliest spike in the game.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
oh really op?

cool thansk im a better player now

lululululul
Hey come on, OP didn't take any kind of stance suggesting he knew more about the game or anything, just trying to start some discussion on the topic and prefacing it properly.

I mean I don't know if it needs its own thread if there's nothing specific to talk about, but spiking is very important, not to mention sexy to watch.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Hey come on, OP didn't take any kind of stance suggesting he knew more about the game or anything, just trying to start some discussion on the topic and prefacing it properly.

I mean I don't know if it needs its own thread if there's nothing specific to talk about, but spiking is very important, not to mention sexy to watch.
This is Brawl Tactical Discussion.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
This is its own thread?

...Okay, I'll bite.

Spiking's great. Satisfying to kill someone with a spike, fairly easy to do (with some characters) and it's a good way to KO... (I don't know what else to say about spiking everyone else already knows)

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
This is its own thread?
No, it was orginally a deep and informative thread involving spike kill percents and waffles, but then OP came in, beat it over the head with a bat, renamed it and stole the thread. It was an internets mugging. So no, it is not it's own thread.

lulz JP

On-topic, yes I have made spikes that changed the course of a match... that's so deep.

arch knight

Smash Lord
yeah spiking is good but doing it while your stalling in the air is priceless but you need to know your characters recovery distance and how long the spike frames last for it to work effectively

B!squick

Smash Master
No, it was orginally a deep and informative thread involving spike kill percents and waffles, but then OP came in, beat it over the head with a bat, renamed it and stole the thread. It was an internets mugging. So no, it is not it's own thread.
^Post of the day right here.

If you can pull off Bowser's DAir spike, more power to ya.

Monkey Business

Smash Cadet
Spiking in my eyes can change the whole game around, Ive been down a stock and spiked someone who had like 30% on there new stock.
Keeps the game exciting :)
I personally like when i footstool a tether recovery char. and there left helpless lol

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think DK is the best spiker in Brawl, he has 3, all useful +back air for edge guard and stage spike and cargo stage spike. Dair is really powerful and can be used after dthrow, forward air is also powerful if slightly weaker and can sometimes catch by surprise when trying to recover and side b, the least useful, can spike on the ground or spike by pivoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom