• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Hylian Nightmare": A Link Combo Video by The GERM.

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
Project03 said:
love the video! learned new tricks for my link. but i also love the music! what are both of the songs called and their artists!?
Top O' The Morning To Ya- House of Pain
Romper Stomper- Transplants

I actually started listening to both House of Pain and Transplants after this music video. The DBR guys make some great choices!

cb_marth

Smash Ace
wow your awsome Germ..you really know how to use Link, I would love to challange you one day, I seen some pretty sick combo's from "ken" but nothing like you pulled off..atta boy!

VIRUS_LAS

Smash Rookie
man very good job germ... I decided to play link a little(although he's not my main) and train with him a bit since i saw how fast he can reallly go. Good job good stuff :)

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Like I said your a insane Link player! you really know his limits and then some, I would love to see you vs Ken, I would love to know how you hit some of them combo's though I use to use Link back awhile ago but wow you do stuff I wish I could do with him haha now I can do what you do with Marth.

Kode out.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
holy crap...that Germ taht Fox combo vid was INSANE!..tell your friend he knows how to use him! I never thought youcould use Fox the way he did:O

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
You're definitely a f****ing awesome link; there's no doubts there. I did however notice that most, if not all, of the clips in this vid were from matches with your own crew. They're still good matches but it would be more impressive if you could show us some stuff you've done against people that are slightly less predictable to you.

TheOfficeHero

Smash Rookie
wow. i can't even believe how INSANELY good you are germ. you've made me love link even more...in fact im off to train with em right now.

ADAD

Smash Cadet
Este es uno de los mejores videos de link, y aparte tiene mucho estilo el link the germ, muy original.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
The GERM ... Link is the best character Nintendo has ever had and will remain the same. Thanks for representing that in SSBM *Claps Subtly* :')

The GERM

Smash Ace
ADAD said:
Este es uno de los mejores videos de link, y aparte tiene mucho estilo el link the germ, muy original.
Gracias por todo ADAD, de donde eres?

Thanx to everyone who's seen the vid and has enjoyed or benefited from it in anyway possible in the last year. My new vid will be coming out next month in the DBR crew video.

Again, thanx to everyone, I appreciate it very much, from the bottom of my infected heart.

Jov

Smash Rookie
Hey, yo también juego con Link, GERM, la 1era vez que ví el video quedé sorprendido, vaya, ¿cuánto tiempo llevas jugando? Yo llevo como un mes y medio jugando VS (comencé jugando en Stadium), tengo un video de un Match, con mi cuate 1233, quizá hayas visto su video/combos Lethal Ganondorf, pero soy muy malo, no te interesará verlo, además que ya mejoré desde entonces <.< pero bueno, pronto grabaremos unos cuantos Matches, espero me des unos cuantos consejos...

PD: ¿Conoces a un tal shevenko? Dice que te conoce, y no le creo porque ya ha hecho otros fraudes (ha robado videos de Target Test diciendo que son suyos) <.<

PD2: I'm mexican, so, that's why I wrote in Spanish, if you Smasher, wanna to see what I was typing, I recommend to you learn the language xD <.<

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
i have question about one of your moves that im having trouble with. When you're holding on to the edge, how do you a short jump to do a flying kick? On your low jump foward slash, can i do it but i cant make link drop down fast. Last question, on your top throws, is there a trick to make your opponent land in front or behind you instead of landing on top of you?

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
uhh, i can answer that question for you if you dont mind.

on the ledge press down, then quickly use your double jump and press A to perform the "flying kick" (its actually called neutral-air)

and as for your second question, no there is no way for you to make them land in front or behind you, it depends on them which way they are holding their control stick, if they are hold left when you throw them up, then they will be slowly shifting left and will land to the left.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Lab Rat™ said:
uhh, i can answer that question for you if you dont mind.

on the ledge press down, then quickly use your double jump and press A to perform the "flying kick" (its actually called neutral-air)

and as for your second question, no there is no way for you to make them land in front or behind you, it depends on them which way they are holding their control stick, if they are hold left when you throw them up, then they will be slowly shifting left and will land to the left.
thx but i still need help with low jump attack. I can do it, but i can make link drop down qucikly

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
Heavyarms2050 said:
When you're holding on to the edge, how do you a short jump to do a flying kick?
That's easy. You only have to press "away" on the control stick and rapidly jump to the platform ( with Y or X ) pressing the desired A+direccion or just A to do the flying kick [ its called neutral air (n-air or nair) or sex kick]

Heavyarms2050 said:
On your low jump foward slash, i can do it but i cant make link drop down fast.
Oh that's also very easy. The low jump its called short hop and the other is called fast fall, the way to do it is to press "down" on the control stick when Link is on the tip of the jump [when you trow the forward slash (f-air or fair btw) press "down" before the slash finishes and you should do it]. And try to L-cancel too.

Heavyarms2050 said:
Last question, on your top throws, is there a trick to make your opponent land in front or behind you instead of landing on top of you?
Like Lab Rat mentioned earlier, there is no trick. That depends on the way the opponet is pressing the stick before you trow them. I hope this helps you and welcome to smash boards. :chuckle:

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
§Maverick§ said:
That's easy. You only have to press "away" on the control stick and rapidly jump to the platform ( with Y or X ) pressing the desired A+direccion or just A to do the flying kick [ its called neutral air (n-air or nair) or sex kick]

Oh that's also very easy. The low jump its called short hop and the other is called fast fall, the way to do it is to press "down" on the control stick when Link is on the tip of the jump [when you trow the forward slash (f-air or fair btw) press "down" before the slash finishes and you should do it]. And try to L-cancel too.

Like Lab Rat mentioned earlier, there is no trick. That depends on the way the opponet is pressing the stick before you trow them. I hope this helps you and welcome to smash boards. :chuckle:
thx for the info, but sex kick...kinda wierd name don't ya think?

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
Really awesome video, GERM. Like someone said above me, you make it look so easy, with all of the shffls, WDs, edge-guarding, and L-cancelling, but I for one know how spot-on you have to be to able to execute combos like that.

I'm gonna see if I can start using the b-air more from my d-throws. Also throw that into the edge-guarding mix...

Top Bottom