• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The History and Story behind Kid Icarus and Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
I dont know much about pit but I have a question, if palutenas sheild is an improtant item in kid icarus and pit doesn't have it in brawl then does palutena have a better chance of being in brawl???

Chibi Pit

Smash Rookie
You know, if it weren't for Jigglypuff and Pichu, Pit might've been included as a playable character a little earlier into the Smash series...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You know, if it weren't for Jigglypuff and Pichu, Pit might've been included as a playable character a little earlier into the Smash series...
Just Jigglypuff, not Pichu. Rumor has it that Pit was going to be in the original Super Smash Bros., but Jigglypuff was added, due to the popularity of Pokémon at the time.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
thats cool. i knew about icarus but none of the story thanks man

and his brawl looks pwnz

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
pit was going to be in melee but it was ice climbers vs pit vs baloon dude and ice climbers were in melee. the others were in...as trophies

iron blade

Smash Ace
pit was going to be in melee but it was ice climbers vs pit vs baloon dude and ice climbers were in melee. the others were in...as trophies
GRAAH! I always hated the ice climbers, but that just sucks. Those pieces of crap took Pit's spot? Ugh...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Just Jigglypuff, not Pichu. Rumor has it that Pit was going to be in the original Super Smash Bros., but Jigglypuff was added, due to the popularity of Pokémon at the time.
Pit was in smash bros 64 until just a few months before release when they had trouble finishing the wings. They put Jigglypuff in "over" the Pit animation (in a way) because Jiggs was extreemly popular in Japan and fit well over what they had for Pits character.

And I researched most of this before melee was even released but it's good to know that there are still people who care about Kid Icarus
Thanks for the thread :chuckle:

scaren1010

Smash Rookie
I'm a magical flying kitty so i'm alwasy on the mo
pit's rival

I read through this and i thought of a rival for pit. "Fallen angel pit." for those who don't know, that is the name of one of pit's alternate costumes for SSBB. The background story could be this. "When medusa captured pit she used the three sacred treasures to clone a daker version of pit.When pit escaped Fallen angel pit hide until pit was out of the underworld then flew away." What do you think?

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I can never get past the second part. -x- I REALLY want to, but i just can't. I've gotten pretty close, though... (I only recently got it for the first time on VC. Good game, but HARD.)

That picture of the best ending creeps me out. I hope Pit's "true" form never makes it into Brawl as anything besides a trophy.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Whenever I finally get my Wii online (curse you Error Code 52130...), Kid Icarus is going to be teh first game I get on VC. I kinda missed out on that generation of games, I was a bit young. I hope to acquaint myself with Pit more, I'd love a Wii KI game (please Nintendo?).

Black/Light

Smash Master
GRAAH! I always hated the ice climbers, but that just sucks. Those pieces of crap took Pit's spot? Ugh...
To be fair, would you REALLY want Pitt to look like this. . .

Something till me they wouldn't have changed him to the brawl look if he already had a PC role and looked like this.
(Points at IC and them only getting a new texture)

splits93

Smash Rookie
I can never get past the second part. -x- I REALLY want to, but i just can't. I've gotten pretty close, though... (I only recently got it for the first time on VC. Good game, but HARD.)

That picture of the best ending creeps me out. I hope Pit's "true" form never makes it into Brawl as anything besides a trophy.
yeah me too i cant get passed the first level

Socrata

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the info. Pit is the character I'm looking most forward to in Brawl. Sure I might end up maining Marth again, but I already know plenty about him and his moveset.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Cool thanks for the info never knew what game was aboout before now.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone, for... um... thanking me... (that's kind of weird).

A new game of kid icarus is coming to the Wii.

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11331
(may be very old news to some)

basically, it seems like that the new kid icarus might be a fantasy shooter game, perhaps first original nintendo FPS title? or maybe just something like metroid prime? or maybe it's just like a side scrolling shooter?

either way, if Pit makes it to the Wii, it will be fun, and it will be a break through.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Thanks everyone, for... um... thanking me... (that's kind of weird).

A new game of kid icarus is coming to the Wii.

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11331
(may be very old news to some)

basically, it seems like that the new kid icarus might be a fantasy shooter game, perhaps first original nintendo FPS title? or maybe just something like metroid prime? or maybe it's just like a side scrolling shooter?

either way, if Pit makes it to the Wii, it will be fun, and it will be a break through.

Yeah!:D Thanks I didn't knew that I'm looking forward to the game from now on

I

i8waffles612

Wow, I didn't know anything about Kid Icarus till I read this!

Thanks much!

JohnnySoprano

Smash Rookie
Awesome, thanks for the post!
I'm n00b to both SSB and Kid Icarus but now that I'm hooked on Brawl I'm really loving Pit in and the Underworld theme song, so It's awesome to find out more about it all.
I 'll probably have to pick up whatevers on VC sometime soon and I really hope they release a new one for the Wii as well. Why not put a cool new character model to some more use right? :)

AngelOfSkyland

Smash Cadet
I didn't know anything about Pit or the Kid Icarus series until Brawl came out. And I didn't even really plan on using Pit but then I tried him out and I was like "Nowai, he's awesome". XD Then I immediately went on a research hunt and read up on his old games. I even got Kid Icarus on my Wii VC now. It's a great game, but let's just say I've become well acquainted with the "I'M FINISHED" screen. XD

I'm hoping that rumor posted above is true, I'd LOVE to see Pit come back on the Wii in a new game. He deserves it. <3 Especially after getting nerfed from SSB64 and Melee. <_<

Oniryushizobura

Smash Rookie
Oh my goodness, that is MY video in the first thread. The one with commentary. How long has that been here!?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Wow, this is some good stuff. thanks for posting this even though pit is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom