• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I gotta say, what’s the source for your current avatar? I really like those designs for both genders of Erdrick there and I think they would look great in Smash.

Brown-haired Erdrick is best Erdrick IMHO.
You know the more I see the different Erdrick looks. The more I'm hoping we see a composite design.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like black haired Erdrick tho, there’s not a lot of black haired protagonists in DQ, and the ones that are, are being retconned (Erdrick, Descendant) or show very little hair (Auster).
Plus there’s a LOT of brunettes now (Erdrick, Madason, Eight, Celestrian, Ten, Luminary, Blade, Joker2, etc)

Not a big issue, personally. As long as the designs are cool, it doesn’t matter as much. I’m not a huge fan of Auster’s design for example.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I like black haired Erdrick tho, there’s not a lot of black haired protagonists in DQ, and the ones that are, are being retconned (Erdrick, Descendant) or show very little hair (Auster).
Plus there’s a LOT of brunettes now (Erdrick, Madason, Eight, Celestrian, Ten, Luminary, Blade, Joker2, etc)

Not a big issue, personally. As long as the designs are cool, it doesn’t matter as much. I’m not a huge fan of Auster’s design for example.
That sample art piece I showed on the thread a few days ago is my personal favourite DQ design.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I believe there's a small but dedicated MK fanbase in Japan, i remember reading that MKX was a higly imported game over there when it came out, honestly i think MK became truly good until MK9, but the franchise in Smash? not happening.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm really happy for everyone who waited so long for PSO2. I never, ever thought it would happen.

DQX's the last man standing now. Hopefully this goes well and turns up the heat on SE a little.

D

Deleted member

Banjo was a no show at the MS conference. Wonder how the smash fanbase will treat that.
Obviously it means Banjo confirmed :b

(Really though I was expecting a new game, so now it remains to see if they reveal something regarding Rare Replay on Switch which honestly while not bad a remake/remaster would have been better)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah I think it’s time to temper expectations on him. Kinda blows that he’s not getting a new game or anything. I doubt they’d reveal that at Nintendo’s conference.

Last edited:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
If they didn't announced any new BK there's a good chance the double reveal happen then :3

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If Banjo is coming to Smash, there's no way that there isn't Banjo goodness coming to Banjo fans at a later time, whether it's a remake or otherwise.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo is coming to Smash, there's no way that there isn't Banjo goodness coming to Banjo fans at a later time, whether it's a remake or otherwise.
Probably Rare Raplay in the Switch. And maybe the original 64 games as Nintendo Gamepass exclusive.

Edit: A confession, I just played Tooie, Golden Eye and Jet Force Gemini(Aside for the DK64) from Rare on 64. So I'm really want Replay to come to Switch, so that I can play the other games couldn't play when I was young. (Tried to play on a emulator, but never get luck with N64 emulators on my PC).

Last edited:

Adol Christin

Smash Cadet
No Banjo game on Xbox.
It means that shinobi 's message is in fact all about smash...or was just a troll.

No answers yet, we still can't figure if the next dlc character is Erdrick or Banjo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont think it looks good for banjo. I'd expected microsoft to capitalize on something like that. Could definitely still be possible for sure . I just think there's some less chance for it.

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Obviously Rash was Brave this whole time.

...I do hope a Banjo remake/remaster shows up at the Direct. I've started to get attached to the idea.

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Verge got a bunch of things right though. This is good for Banjo and Erdrick

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Probably Rare Raplay in the Switch. And maybe the original 64 games as Nintendo Gamepass exclusive.

Edit: A confession, I just played Tooie, Golden Eye and Jet Force Gemini(Aside for the DK64) from Rare on 64. So I'm really want Replay to come to Switch, so that I can play the other games couldn't play when I was young. (Tried to play on a emulator, but never get luck with N64 emulators on my PC).
I've never had the chance to play Rare games (I grew up on the PS1 as a kid, regretfully never had a N64). I'd love to have the chance to give them a try, especially if it comes in a large collection like the aforementioned Replay.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I've never had the chance to play Rare games (I grew up on the PS1 as a kid, regretfully never had a N64). I'd love to have the chance to give them a try, especially if it comes in a large collection like the aforementioned Replay.
I was the other way around, I have only the N64, only got a PS2 after got the NGC for some years. Most of the PS1 classics I played on the PS3 and PSP with few exceptions like Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories that I played on PS2.
But for the Rare Replay I really would like to come with a uncensored version of Conker's like the N64 one.

Adol Christin

Smash Cadet
Vergeben answered again a few hours ago:

Donut007 posted...
So are you sticking to Erdrick being in the pass?

Vergeben:
"I currently have no reason to believe that he isn't. If he's not the 2nd character, people need to realize that character #2 and character #3 are developed at the same time. That means that character #3 and #4 will eventually be developed at the same time too once #2 is done.

To repeat myself, I do not know the actual order and won't claim to since the assumption that the Square Enix character would be first fighters pass character was rooted in assumption that it would be on the basis that a Square Enix character was known to be a thing.
In hindsight it seems like around the time I first heard about there being one was when it must have been finalized since names started to come out as to who it was and then info got out to others pinpointing that it was Erdrick."

Source

that settle it: Tuesday is all about knowing if Erdrick is dlc 2 or dlc 3.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Donut007 posted...

Vergeben:
"I currently have no reason to believe that he isn't. If he's not the 2nd character, people need to realize that character #2 and character #3 are developed at the same time. That means that character #3 and #4 will eventually be developed at the same time too once #2 is done.

To repeat myself, I do not know the actual order and won't claim to since the assumption that the Square Enix character would be first fighters pass character was rooted in assumption that it would be on the basis that a Square Enix character was known to be a thing.
In hindsight it seems like around the time I first heard about there being one was when it must have been finalized since names started to come out as to who it was and then info got out to others pinpointing that it was Erdrick."

Source

That's great. Still hoping they reveal the two at e3, i think it'd make for some pretty interesting news.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Donut007 posted...

Vergeben:

Source

I just hope we get male and female Erdrick... please. Also, I love your profile pic. Kirino is so cute.

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Donut007 posted...

Vergeben:

Source

Seems like the perfect timeline would be a double reveal of Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie at Nintendo Direct. I am not necessarily expecting it, but it'd be the best outcome possible.

An alternative but great timeline is the reveal of Erdrick/Banjo-Kazooie followed up by a gameplay-less tease trailer that unambiguously makes it clear that Banjo-Kazooie/Erdrick is DLC number 3.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Now that the microsoft stuff is over, here's some Roto Day art for y'all :)

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
If Japanese twitter isn't proof enough that Dragon Quest has a big influence, idk what is.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
If Japanese twitter isn't proof enough that Dragon Quest has a big influence, idk what is.
DQ server is over 200 peeps and climbing. SO much for no western DQ fans :shrug:

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Now that the microsoft stuff is over, here's some Roto Day art for y'all :)

Wait... does this mean you got your profile picture from one of these Twitter accounts?

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I will say in regards to Banjo. Just because we didn't see a Banjo Kazooie 3 or whatever on E3 doesn't mean his chances suddenly dropped. Same with if we don't see Erdrick/Luminary referenced in SE. At the end of the day, the true reveal is this coming Nintendo direct. Whether it's one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom