• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Afropony

Smash Lord
I notice how when most of you pits ledge game with arrow, you jump slightly away from the edge, shooting towards the stage. I have a little problem doing this, though there's probably a simple solution. Usually I drop from the ledge, jump directly up, and shoot. When I try to shoot the arrow off from away form the edge, I shoot away form the stage. Can anyone explain how they ledge camp with arrow? I'll provide a video if needed.
instead of pressing down when you from the edge you have to press away from the edge.

I have no idea it makes a difference but when i do this^ it always seems to work.

M. Lutreola

Smash Rookie
Definitely not above you. Don't even look up.
instead of pressing down when you from the edge you have to press away from the edge.

I have no idea it makes a difference but when i do this^ it always seems to work.
When you push away he moves away and during the jump he turns back towards the stage if you cstick (?) towards the stage

...I think that's how it works. I still have yet to try it more.

When I heard Pit was good against Snake I laughed. My exploits with that character are a sad story.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
I think I got it now. When i shoot an arrow i have to movestick towards the stage right after. Pit and snake are even IMO. Arrows > Nades!

ozzie544

Smash Cadet
why does pit have so eny jumps and how come he has the best recovery in the game and why is his smash move with his minos so dad?

woody72691

Smash Ace
hi

i want to main as pit, i've learned almost all there can be about pit, wing refresh wingdash and the speical combos he can pull, my question is about wingdashing, when is it the good time to use it?? and what attack can u use of it?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
have anyone try using this controller
http://reviews.cnet.com/game-accesso...-33244320.html
because i use the classic controller without grip so i was wondering if anyone try using this controller
This link doesn't lead to anything.

why does pit have so eny jumps and how come he has the best recovery in the game and why is his smash move with his minos so dad?
Because he is Billy Bad ***. Now if for some reason you really want to know something about Pit, ask a real question.
hi

i want to main as pit, i've learned almost all there can be about pit, wing refresh wingdash and the speical combos he can pull, my question is about wingdashing, when is it the good time to use it?? and what attack can u use of it?
Use this thread for reference, our friend Lezard did a nice job compiling info on Wingdashing; he prides himself on his Wingdash.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220958
Other than that, just generally use it to set your spacing and escaping some attacks.
What are all the characters that Pit can CG?

Thanks.

-Johrune
Pit can chain grab:
King Dedede
Fox
Charizard
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Link
Bowser
Wolf
Falco

He can get 2 grabs on:
Diddy Kong
Pit
Yoshi

Questionable:
Snake
Ike
Sonic
Meta Knight
Peach

Marth can break out with Up B
Zero Suit Samus can break out with Down B
Copied straight from this thread, with thanks to SSD: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220255

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
is it bitter than the regular classic controller becuse even though i play with the classic controller i have problem changing direction and sometime my hands slip of the controller completely

woody72691

Smash Ace
rather be playing melee then something else, anyways, whats the need of wing refresh?? coming back onto the stage??

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
i never really use it that untill now because some character u cant use arrows to keep them from coming on th stage so what you do is jump Woi near to ground same way u would do a wingdash then go out and try attack, normally i fair more than ones if neccisary then just Up B and come on without any problem, Very effect againts character like mario

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
How well does Pit do against Falco? I could use some help on that match-up, would you suggest using Pit for that match-up or another character?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
How well does Pit do against Falco? I could use some help on that match-up, would you suggest using Pit for that match-up or another character?
+ Pit doesn't die when he gets cg'd to spiked (considering that you don't get gimped when you use WoI).
- Pit gets cg'd fairly easily if your not careful.
+ AR + MS to reflect lasers.
+ MS to gimp Falco's side-b.
+ Pit's aerials to gimp Falco's recovery.
- Pit gets outcamped by Falco.
- Falco has a reflector too.
+ Arrows can gimp if placed well.

Personally, vs a good Falco, its probably like 55-45 Falco's adv.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
rather be playing melee then something else, anyways, whats the need of wing refresh?? coming back onto the stage??
Leaving the stage to edgeguard. It's like 4 jumps plus one jump that takes you all the way to your opponent. It helps you stay off the stage longer.

You lose to lasers. If you get him off stage, you can shoot him to death tho. That's pretty awesome.

I really don't like this matchup, but I don't know anybody other than MK that does really well against Falco. So unless you wanna pick up MK, just stick with Pit.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Leaving the stage to edgeguard. It's like 4 jumps plus one jump that takes you all the way to your opponent. It helps you stay off the stage longer.

You lose to lasers. If you get him off stage, you can shoot him to death tho. That's pretty awesome.

I really don't like this matchup, but I don't know anybody other than MK that does really well against Falco. So unless you wanna pick up MK, just stick with Pit.
The other people I mainly use are Donkey kong which is a maybe, Snake which is a maybe, King Dedede which is a definite no, Diddy which is probably my closest choice, and Samus which I may use too lol. So i was wondering if Pit did well, because I'd use Pit a lot for this match-up. BTW thanks everyone for the feedback.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
The other people I mainly use are Donkey kong which is a maybe, Snake which is a maybe, King Dedede which is a definite no, Diddy which is probably my closest choice, and Samus which I may use too lol. So i was wondering if Pit did well, because I'd use Pit a lot for this match-up. BTW thanks everyone for the feedback.
All of those get ***** by Falco except Diddy. You should go to the Diddy boards and check up on the matchup. It's prolly your best bet.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
All of those get ***** by Falco except Diddy. You should go to the Diddy boards and check up on the matchup. It's prolly your best bet.
You should have some faith in your Angel, its this what it mean to believe? Anyway i beat a very good falco most of time like 35-65

KY_Des

Smash Ace
You should have some faith in your Angel, its this what it mean to believe? Anyway i beat a very good falco most of time like 35-65
Why do a hard matchup if you have a character that's good against it? That may not make me look like the ideal Pit main, but it makes me a stronger player. I pick up secondaries for bad matchups, that's what secondaries are for ya kno.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
If you are versing a good falco, the match up is falco's advantage. His lasers prevent your horizontal approaches and his shielding you aerials to a grab or aerials nullify your aerial approaches. If you shield the lasers, you are most likely going to deplete your shield fairly soon since power shielding them requires very strict timing and if you use any of the reflectors, he can punish with a grab or punish AR with an aerial before you can get rid of the ring.

IF you are versing Falco in a tournament, you should pick a different character unless you are asking to add a one ton weight on you while you are running to the finish line of winning a high place.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Thats all practical stuff i dont really care about that since i have been playing fight game since i was 12 years old Check out my channel pure agression i an out play any falco given the opportunity
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lionelishi look for the falco mateches and feel free the critize if you most, both the Pit and the Falco

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Thats all practical stuff i dont really care about that since i have been playing fight game since i was 12 years old Check out my channel pure agression i an out play any falco given the opportunity
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lionelishi look for the falco mateches and feel free the critize if you most, both the Pit and the Falco
Lezard, I appreciate that you are trying to get better with each and every vid you post but can you post it somewhere other than the Q&A forum???

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sorry about that but, still dont let practicality be your only tool mayby the reason why i can win is because i have too many fight game exprience and i am use to being the best and all but u probly right because i too use Falco and and it was very easy to beat up everybody i met eith falco so i park him for a bit but Pit require a lot of skill u can win but it will take time dont jus give up worring about he practical stuff why do u use him in the first place?

Above all there is always something to be learn from each other exprience

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ok, sorry about that but, still dont let practicality be your only tool mayby the reason why i can win is because i have too many fight game exprience and i am use to being the best and all but u probly right because i too use Falco and and it was very easy to beat up everybody i met eith falco so i park him for a bit but Pit require a lot of skill u can win but it will take time dont jus give up worring about he practical stuff why do u use him in the first place?

Above all there is always something to be learn from each other exprience
But at tournaments, one has to have already learned a sufficient amount so that one could place high. You have to learn that there are characters that he has more trouble against than others and that you should know when to switch characters for such situations. If Pit was really that good against everyone, why isn't he ranked higher on the tier list?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
But at tournaments, one has to have already learned a sufficient amount so that one could place high. You have to learn that there are characters that he has more trouble against than others and that you should know when to switch characters for such situations. If Pit was really that good against everyone, why isn't he ranked higher on the tier list?
Well thats true for most but i am diffrent i use Pit because he fit my fight style the characters i use in every fighting game are always the one that require more skill and i like that, the truth is i like to put myself under pressure, For me i know that Pit isn't the best character in the game to me however any character can win any character they are just a tool for us to use a person with a short sword can defeate a opponent with a long sword depending on i much skill one have, then againt thats just me

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I have a question on wingdash for Sagemoon, Kupo, Underdog and Currupt, I was wondering you guys find ou how to that glide back after you Wingdash? i remeber asking this question a long time ago it was sort of wave land after u wingdash

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Personally, Im not really sure what your talking about. Can you get a link to the thread or something like that? Do you mean glide as in hold jump glide or as in slide accross the stage?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Personally, Im not really sure what your talking about. Can you get a link to the thread or something like that? Do you mean glide as in hold jump glide or as in slide accross the stage?
No thats not it, i have been looking for it just now but i havn't found it i remember asking Kupo and he told me not yet but u see, what happen is after u wingdash it end with a wave land half the distance of a regular wingdash the dair part i know because it happen to me back the and some did mention it before, i think it was kupo himself

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It isn't really anything you should worry about or try for. But to make it stick, its a combo of where you shoot from and the angle of it. I think it was FzeroX who said that the arrow move like this: - - - - - - - - showing that the arrow is only there half the time, and pops in and out of the screen. What you need to do to make it stick is get it to disapear before it would hit the edge, then come back in a place where it is half way in the stage.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Kupo is a girl, not male.

I believe I made this post to correct the misconception based on what I learn from the Smash Wiki.

M. Lutreola

Smash Rookie
Definitely not above you. Don't even look up.
A couple quick questions:
-How do I deal with grabby opponents?
-How do I get out of an opponent hitting me up in the air, then staying below me and Utilting or Usmashing me over and over and over and over? It's very frustrating.

Any bit of info/ideas/suggestions will help!
If these have been covered before link it for me.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
A couple quick questions:
-How do I deal with grabby opponents?
-How do I get out of an opponent hitting me up in the air, then staying below me and Utilting or Usmashing me over and over and over and over? It's very frustrating.

Any bit of info/ideas/suggestions will help!
If these have been covered before link it for me.
You probly dont get the feel of the game yet thats the essential reason why you have these two problem however for the first question try useing Jabs to annoy them and try recovery air dodge, Dair, i bet ou sometime fall of the stage while try to recover but dont worry u will get the hang of :)

Top Bottom