• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
so what happens when theres an lgl
u dont ledge camp to time out yo cuz alot of characters can time us out and then we lose cuz we exceeded limit u utilize ledge for more dmg to make opportunities and to be safe at dangerous moments as long as u kill em ur good bro

Tprime

Smash Cadet
Im new to smash boards never posted on pit boards.

so I am having a hard time taking on my friends ike is there any information you guys could give me so
I dont have suck a hard tome fighting his ike

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Is there a texture/model hack for Aya or Utsuho from Touhou?
I would definitely play Pit more if there was one.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
lgl = ledge grab limit

MLG's limit was 35 which made pitzer lose even though he timed out speed

Pretty sure there normally isnt one, but for like pound V it might be 50 or something and any lgl makes me at least a little nervous and cuts my planking down just so I wont lose for some bs reason.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ok can som1 in exact detail explain the grounded reverse i quit using so now i forgot how to do it...and when i tried masashi/ramen seeemed to turn around and shoot faster than when i tried so i wanna know what im doin wrong...k thx

im talkin arrows in case u couldnt figure that out....derp

also whats the proper spacing to not get shield grabbed out of glair and if u land on shield can u just roll right away to avoid grab?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
It's pretty hard for me to perfect too. For me i like to think of it like while dashing in one direction, I move the control stick from one side to the other and press b at the right time when the control stick is in neutral.

Angel ring comes out a lot though so i guess practice makes perfect.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
what they are in escence doing is wave bouncing on the ground. here is your exact detail on how to grounded reversal the proffessional way kuro.

-run away from opponent.
-hit b
-literally immediately afterwards hit backwards. im talking 10 frames or less dude.
you have just done it right when it looked like you just stopped and mayb even went backwards in the process of pulling out the arrow and turning around.

its the same as wavebouncing in the air dude. if you move your two thumbs fast enough then you'll be fine. its honestly not hard after you get it down.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
lgl = ledge grab limit

MLG's limit was 35 which made pitzer lose even though he timed out speed

Pretty sure there normally isnt one, but for like pound V it might be 50 or something and any lgl makes me at least a little nervous and cuts my planking down just so I wont lose for some bs reason.
It was bs but oh well. p5 rule i would've won

Obsidian.

Smash Rookie
So I was practicing arrow looping against a CPU on SV a minute ago and I looped an arrow and it missed the CPU (I know, I need more practice :() and it hit the very tip of the moving platform. Then the arrow kinda glitched and stayed there all distorted and stuff until it went out of my vision and I ran over to it to see if it was still there and it wasn't. Weird.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
to practice arrow looping make a custom stage in this format:
use the biggest setting
make blocks all the way across it.
make a platform in the middle of the screen and on one top corner.
control a cpu pit and put him on the platform in the corner.
set cpu to 2 and put a pit on the middle platform.
your screen is stretched enough to see wat your doing so it can help you a)visualize where they are when you can't see them b)get the thumb movement down

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Arrow Stick? Yeah it happens. Basically your arrow hit the platform in a weird angle causing it to not disappear, you can however still control the arrow. It tends to happen on SV, BF, and Green Green's a lot. Also if people run by it, it still hits them.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Arrow Stick? Yeah it happens. Basically your arrow hit the platform in a weird angle causing it to not disappear, you can however still control the arrow. It tends to happen on SV, BF, and Green Green's a lot. Also if people run by it, it still hits them.
How do you do this? This would be awesome if we could somehow become accurate w/ it, and plant "arrows" like Snake's C4, lol. Pit would be ****.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
Can wario be footstooled while he is on a midair bikeride trying to recover?
anyone can be footstooled out of any move, it just doesnt cause the falling effect; so u head bounce wario, he stays on his bike, u get the extra jump. similar to how u can head bounce mk while hes in nade

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
anyone can be footstooled out of any move, it just doesnt cause the falling effect; so u head bounce wario, he stays on his bike, u get the extra jump. similar to how u can head bounce mk while hes in nade
awww i was thinkin of using wing refresh and then going down and wing stooling him off bike but i guess that wouldnt work=/ you could do the same thing but bair after jumping off his head since it would put u in the right area to land it but awww oh well.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
i think the strangest glitch ive ever seen was when my friend was playing snake on green greens and a grenade got detonated by a falling block and it made it so the hit box stayed out permenately, we could jump into it and keep getting hit by it lol

St4ticFir3

Smash Cadet
There is definitely no way to master that, lol. I've done it maybe twice in my lifetime.
I've never seen this happen. Can you explain where on the stages the arrow sticks? Perhaps where you were when you were able to stick said arrow? Angle of the arrow, was it a loop? Charged or uncharged?

i think the strangest glitch ive ever seen was when my friend was playing snake on green greens and a grenade got detonated by a falling block and it made it so the hit box stayed out permenately, we could jump into it and keep getting hit by it lol

Once on Frig Or during level rotation I was catapulted upwards to the blast zone. No one touched me but the level tossed me to a ko. I think I have the video somewhere.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
There is definitely no way to master that, lol. I've done it maybe twice in my lifetime.
have you ever practiced it though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsV9OkcFzjo at about 2:24 i am going to practice this and see if i can get it down. ive also done it at SV but its not recorded. also keep in mind this was done 9months ago was when i was new to Pit and had never been to a tourney so it in no way reflects my current skill or style or anything.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Pretty sure it has to be a loop, charged or uncharged doesn't matter.

It can probably be done on any edge in theory since that video is battle field and I've done it on the FD ledge as well as the SV moving platform.

I'm sure you could be using your time practicing something not as super situational though.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You shouldn't waste your time lrning this. It's probably has no practical use, more like ZOMG Arrow stick lets watch it for a sec. Yeah it happens alot looped, BUT it doesn't have to be looped on certain stages. I did this like maybe 5 times b4. FD, Green Greens and SV.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol everyone is too desperate for the next big thing to adv meta game when we havent even got the current meta game down...

St4ticFir3

Smash Cadet
I can actually see quite a few uses for this if you could do it every time with one looped arrow. Wouldn't be game breaking but might not hurt to see how difficult it would really be.

*nevermind, just watched the vid and they don't last very long glitched. Bummer.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
i only use it to get back on stage quickly and to manipulate items, occasionally is it to approach spamy chars like tl if there not holding a bomb or mario

and in teams after a wingstool lock to keep a jab lock going infinitely(this actually happened once)

Obsidian.

Smash Rookie
I can actually see quite a few uses for this if you could do it every time with one looped arrow. Wouldn't be game breaking but might not hurt to see how difficult it would really be.

*nevermind, just watched the vid and they don't last very long glitched. Bummer.
I'm pretty sure it lasts until the glitchy arrow goes out of your vision. That's what happened in the vid and how it happened to me.

Top Bottom