• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

FireFly

Smash Lord
daniel, practice makes perfect. count the frames if you have to

its all just opinion on whether you like the game or not. i like it because you can talk crap to other people >_>

indie_dave

Smash Ace
i think this game is going to turn out like halo 3, which it is so far. advanced tactics removed but the core and concept of the game is still there. competitive players are still playing competitive and enjoying for what it is.
tekken 3/tag <------- w00t (melee)

tekken 4 <------- wtf (brawl)

tekken 5/dr <------- wtf fixed...(but nintendo doesn't like releasing sequels quickly)

... = =

at least brawl has fantastic 2v2s lined up tho, that's not hard to see

edit:
(pssssst btw adddd meeeeee we play)
XD

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
Brawl maybe a fun game but Halo's online crushes Brawls laggy, no talking smack online. I swear how much times I played online and had to do something right in the middle of it and had to have my character stand still while my opponent doesn't know why I'm standing still which sucks. And one thing i wish i could have done in brawl is just hang out with friends online and talk story while playing one of the greatest games of all time. But its ok thats what i got Halo for.

Oh Dex who's your first main? And who's everyones new main? (Or who are you still maining if you didn't change mains err....Bobby haha)

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
daniel, eventually someone's gonna post a training vid for reserse aerial. but i am thinking you should at least break it down a little. do it from slow to fast; like the how to wavedash vid. 1)dash, 2)turn around, 3)jump, 4)bair (or whatever aerial with the same direction as your dash, but i call it bair). just practice on someone with a slower dash, let's say mario. you can even do full jumps at first so you don't have to get it perfect right now. once you get down this turn around thing try perfect it with shorthops. but yeah practice makes perfect. i personally didn't have a hard time with it, in fact, i think this is one of the easiest after hugging.

FireFly

Smash Lord
shoyo you have no idea. i play with other people all the time. its different talking online then playing in person

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
So wait, when exactly do I have to push back? I tried it on 1/4th speed and I can see Mario turning around, but when I jump, he faces forward again >_>

FireFly

Smash Lord
play on wifi only if you have the usb connector. matt and i were playing with zero lag. with joel, it was just terrible

FireFly

Smash Lord
yeah i dunno how much it costs though. it seemed pretty good when only one person has it in a 1v1 setting for a good connection since matt and i were playing and i didnt have the usb connector.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
yeah i dunno how much it costs though. it seemed pretty good when only one person has it in a 1v1 setting for a good connection since matt and i were playing and i didnt have the usb connector.
So wait, one v one it's fine no problem, but if another person comes in it sucks donkey balls?

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
Oi, smash community....

Well it's pretty gay.. I was diagnosed with cancer last month.
i'd rather not be all gay and sad like some other ***s.. but i found out i'm going to be in oahu a lot.
how often do you all smash together?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I really do believe that the lag depends on the power of your internet connection. If Felix really does have only one bar then I'm pretty sure it's no coincidence.

Jarren, were you really diagnosed with cancer o_O?

Andrew I almost forgot you played. lolz jk

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
Jarren, you have the best sig out of all the Hawaii people. If you have time, wanna make me one? :3

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
Well i'm going to be on oahu from monday.. Then i'll be there from a really long time. months...

My chemotherapy goes every two weeks... so one week chemo. one week rest. one week chemo. one week rest....
So, yeah.. Do you have my number still? PM me yours.. I lost my phone.

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
Well i'm going to be on oahu from monday.. Then i'll be there from a really long time. months...

My chemotherapy goes every two weeks... so one week chemo. one week rest. one week chemo. one week rest....
So, yeah.. Do you have my number still? PM me yours.. I lost my phone.
****, hope everything goes all right. but yeah, looking forward to playing you if i get the chance.

Jarren, you have the best sig out of all the Hawaii people.
i have the 2nd best.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I have a usb lan adapter as well. Frame rate lag = no, button input lag = some. It's still fun playing online though. I had only one taunt text thing, it said "Sexy Joel". Haha. Was meant for when I played joel, but I taunted matt with it instead. Oh, bobby and tom, add my code guys. Here it is again: 0473-7439-6548

Top Bottom