• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Gamestop gets it on the 10th I think because it takes time for it to get imported to Hawaii. Maui and the other islands are probably in the same position. This applies only to Gamestop if I remember correctly.

And I think that Eugene is better then I. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes it. I'll do my best regardless. That's what I always do.

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
Gamestop gets it on the 10th I think because it takes time for it to get imported to Hawaii. Maui and the other islands are probably in the same position. This applies only to Gamestop if I remember correctly.

And I think that Eugene is better then I. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes it. I'll do my best regardless. That's what I always do.
where did you hear this? that would really be bad for gamestop which would mean they couldnt host their release party.

FireFly

Smash Lord
arvin said probably the 10th. i think it was the same with pokemon, or another popular game

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Hey for everyone who registered online for the Toys n' Joys tournament... did they send you some kind of confirmation? Because I tried e-mailing the required info to the address on the site, but they said that they got my request to subscribe to their weekly update letters...

ZkO

Smash Cadet
* ! * "who's there!?" (engages zelda)

~Dun dun duh dunun dun dun duh!. . . . .~ (fights and beats zelda. . . . hides in box)

ahohoho. i dedicate this scenario to bobbeh. ^^v

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Hey for everyone who registered online for the Toys n' Joys tournament... did they send you some kind of confirmation? Because I tried e-mailing the required info to the address on the site, but they said that they got my request to subscribe to their weekly update letters...
You should have gotten an email like this
Aloha,

Thank you for submitting your entry information for the Toys n’ Joys Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! We will be adding you to our mailing list to keep you updated with any new information regarding the tournament and future events. We thank you for your contribution to our tournament and will hope that you have an awesome time with this event. Should you have any questions about your entry, you may e-mail me back at Jesse@toynjoys.com or you may simply reply back to this message.

Aloha and Mahalo!
Jesse I.

I also got the email about subscribing to the weekly updates along with it.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
You should have gotten an email like this
Aloha,

Thank you for submitting your entry information for the Toys n’ Joys Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! We will be adding you to our mailing list to keep you updated with any new information regarding the tournament and future events. We thank you for your contribution to our tournament and will hope that you have an awesome time with this event. Should you have any questions about your entry, you may e-mail me back at Jesse@toynjoys.com or you may simply reply back to this message.

Aloha and Mahalo!
Jesse I.

I also got the email about subscribing to the weekly updates along with it.
I got that. And as far as gamestop this is after dealing with Gamestop Maui. It may or may not apply to Gamestop Oahu our Island commmands more attention.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
What the hell... why haven't I gotten that? I tried sending the registration info twice with the subject SSBB tournament but the only response I've gotten was that update thing.

FireFly

Smash Lord
[18:03] tom2k981: do you know when brawl is going to come in/be released?
[18:03] Arvin: probably the 10th

gamestop has it already, my mom checked

edit: they just called saying to come at 10pm and they will be selling it at midnight. nothing about the tourney though

ARVY

Smash Apprentice
[18:03] tom2k981: do you know when brawl is going to come in/be released?
[18:03] Arvin: probably the 10th

gamestop has it already, my mom checked

edit: they just called saying to come at 10pm and they will be selling it at midnight. nothing about the tourney though

oh ~ wow was that a while ago i don't even remember saying that

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Wow Brawls online is laggy as hell. Nintendo failed me...
dude, you're playing through the japan servers, of course it's gonna be laggy as hell!
Sakurai said himself that the farther you are from the other players, the less smooth it's gonna be.

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
What! So you telling me nintendo never turn on the US servers yet? Damm nintendo slacking Bungie had their servers ready before halo 3 came out. Me and Rob tried to wifi today but it was laggy.

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
Well i'll just say this about the wifi, don't expect to do real matches on it because there is not much framerate lag or idk what you call this but the screen doesn't lag. BUT there is input lag, its like playing with a wavebird but worse.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Items **** me. And pipes with crabs.

JGC got *****. Eugene and Daniel are still alive but the rest of us got itemed and staged. Just goes to show that they weren't kidding when they said anyone can win this tournament. Not just JGC though, pretty much all of the "good players" who were talking big, they all got knocked out super early.

I hope this shows that I am not as good as people think. I have so much practicing to do. This loss has motivated me to be the best player in Hawaii some day.

Joel I don't think I'll be going tmmr. I feel quite sick atm and I can't push it now because of my recital this week. Sorry for the short notice and sorry to Jeff and Dex for flaking.

FireFly

Smash Lord
ROFL epic story,

[22:10] tom2k981: they said stand in line at 10 and theyll give it out at 12
[22:10] Justin: ohh rofl
[22:10] Justin: dam lol
[22:10] Justin: i should go there now rofl
[22:10] Justin: and hold my copy rofl
[22:10] tom2k981: lol
[22:10] Justin: in line xD
[22:10] tom2k981: "*****es!"
[22:10] tom2k981: dude
[22:10] Justin: ROFL yea
[22:10] tom2k981: we can play in my car
[22:10] Justin: ROFl
[22:10] tom2k981: right in front of the store
[22:10] Justin: dude come my house rofl
[22:10] Justin: then get my copy
[22:10] Justin: and give me the one u get from gamestop rofl
[22:10] Justin: then u can rofl
[22:10] tom2k981: haha
[22:10] tom2k981: sounds like a plan

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** I was seriously the last person I thought would win. I mean, I tried to imitate Eugene's playing style with Toon Link, and although he's obviously better with the little ******, items won the game for me. Beam Swords, Heart Containers, Pokeballs, and Dragoon... thank you very much lol.

And Bobby, your loss doesn't show anything except why items and certain stages are banned.

Top Bottom