• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
Items **** me. And pipes with crabs.

JGC got *****. Eugene and Daniel are still alive but the rest of us got itemed and staged. Just goes to show that they weren't kidding when they said anyone can win this tournament. Not just JGC though, pretty much all of the "good players" who were talking big, they all got knocked out super early.

I hope this shows that I am not as good as people think. I have so much practicing to do. This loss has motivated me to be the best player in Hawaii some day.

Joel I don't think I'll be going tmmr. I feel quite sick atm and I can't push it now because of my recital this week. Sorry for the short notice and sorry to Jeff and Dex for flaking.

yeah i heard you got ***** on stage choices. i honestly thought they would have turned off custom stages, but they didnt unlock that yet so i guess thats why it was left in. i didnt get a chance to watch your match because i was reffing the other tv. final match came down to toon link and olimar. it was pretty good. the winner for the kids division was really good. i was impressed. i was really bummed that no one played lucas or ness too. i hope it was enjoyable, and if they do host an event like this again, it will probably be without items and only a few stages. also more stations so it goes faster.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
yeah i heard you got ***** on stage choices. i honestly thought they would have turned off custom stages, but they didnt unlock that yet so i guess thats why it was left in. i didnt get a chance to watch your match because i was reffing the other tv. final match came down to toon link and olimar. it was pretty good. the winner for the kids division was really good. i was impressed. i was really bummed that no one played lucas or ness too. i hope it was enjoyable, and if they do host an event like this again, it will probably be without items and only a few stages. also more stations so it goes faster.
Thanks Jase. Ya I got ***** by the random of stage hazards and items.

1. More tvs
2. No items
3. Neutral Stages on random
4. 3 or 4 stock

Overall the tournament was a nice exp because I got to see some old faces. Standing for 5 hours was awful.

Thanks Daniel. Only time will tell.

And yeah, I was 200% sure that Preston would win the 15 and younger. That kid is a prodigy.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Eh, my bad tom. Was busy, and I had a family dinner for my birthday

Tomorrow, my house, smash. Bring a wii and brawl if can >__>
But yeah, tomorrow anytime past 1-9ish. Up to maybe like 4 people?
Not 100% sure if can, so i'll repost if cannot. And call me before you guys leave your house and all that
Hope you guys can make it

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
lol this morning when we were playing you kept throwing your pikmin, and i kept whacking them with the twig and killing them. but i couldnt say anything cuz theres no voice chat support ;_;

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
daniel: congrats on winning! i dunno what else to say, but congrats man.

bob: i think the way you were playing changed. it seemed like you were a lot more aggressive.

terence: thanks for everything.

shoyo: can i come? i dunno if i'm able, but yeah.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I forgot to thank all you guys too. If I hadn't been able to play Brawl last Sunday there's no way I would've even made it out of my first match. I guess getting ***** by Bobby's Zelda so much had a positive side to it after all lol.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
daniel: congrats on winning! i dunno what else to say, but congrats man.

bob: i think the way you were playing changed. it seemed like you were a lot more aggressive.

terence: thanks for everything.

shoyo: can i come? i dunno if i'm able, but yeah.
Agreed. I lost the winning mindset. I let Gimpy down. -_-

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
just a few words. i think we all learnt something from today's tournament. brawl is really a brand new game and a fresh start for everyone; even though our group is obviously better in melee but that doesn't mean a lot in brawl. i actually practiced and do everything i can to get better for this, but things are all different in reality.

for the kids division, i was certain for preston taking first too. as for the adult one, bobby, rodney, and joel getting knocked out was quite an upset. when i was up there i got really nervous and eventually got knocked out too. i guess after all i am still not good enough. in the end, daniel took first and gene tied for third with another player. way to represent our group!

in my opinion, minus the rules, this tourney was great! a lot of people came and had fun. toysnjoys even provided snacks and dinner for everyone, not some kind of crap but they actually hired a chef. they are doing all these for and we join the tourney for free! i feel welcomed even though i wasn't their customer. like bobby said, the waiting and standing was pretty harsh. i didn't think i could make it without all of you guys and the pretty looking staff at toysnjoy. but it could had been just the make up.

after i got eliminated, joel and i went to the ala moana gamestop to check out their tourney. we both saw our own friends and stuff. some person in line actually got there at around 2pm. that's ****ing crazy. anyway, gamestop now is loaded with a crap load of gamecube controllers for brawl's release. my prediction was right.

then i went to joel's house for some melee. right now i am in the stage where i am not sure if i should play brawl because first, i don't have a system and second, it will continue my professional gamer life and third, brawl is so different and i don't have the passion right now to get better with everyone else.

ps thank you joel for your beanie and jacket. i feel better now. and i officially moved up in power rankings, haha. and i owe joel and bobby a dollar for the bet. okay that's all bye bye.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah joel, come on by. You're on my vip listing haha

Terence, I was getting ready to read your speech and it said learnt. Haha, back to reading
Looks like you can put it up as a myspace blog lol

Awww I missed out...dang
I completely forgot about the tournies argh! Dinner was pretty good though

Completely forgot about preston, but I guess it's surprising he didn't win the 15 and under division
And with everyone sucking bobby's ****, I thought he'd win also. But congrats to daniel and gene. Must've felt goo

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
well. i am wrong.

from yahoo answer
LEARN is the present tense, and the conjugated form of the verb "to learn".
It can be converted to the past tense in the following ways:
I LEARNED lots of things along the way. The main verb is "learned".
LEARNT is the "past participle" in the following sentences. (Past participles are used in conjunction with other verbs).
I have learnt not to be prejudiced towards Americans or people of other nationalities. (creziauk!)
I had learnt my lesson on peer pressure, the hard way.
sorry for my bad english.

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
i made it to the bracket finals, which was a lot farther than i thought. although i lost, i don't think i was upset.

oh, I JV 3 STOCKED SOMEONE IN A 2 STOCK MATCH IN A TOURNAMENT!!!!

Yeah joel, come on by. You're on my vip listing haha

Terence, I was getting ready to read your speech and it said learnt. Haha, back to reading
Looks like you can put it up as a myspace blog lol

Awww I missed out...dang
I completely forgot about the tournies argh! Dinner was pretty good though

Completely forgot about preston, but I guess it's surprising he didn't win the 15 and under division
And with everyone sucking bobby's ****, I thought he'd win also. But congrats to daniel and gene. Must've felt goo
learnt, like burnt, can be spelt either way.

preston did win the 15 and under.

in the battle of bob against the world, i bet on the world (sorry bob.)

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
I think toys n joys will hold another tournament in a few weeks not sure the owner told me he wants to hold another one. And its gonna be at the pearl city store this time. (Hope I don't work that day) And this time i think they will take out items and choose the right stages this time. Oh and on another note damm our midnight sale was slow... maybe it was because we sold brawl early haha.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
YA CHAD ****ING SELLING BRAWL AROUND 1130!!!! my friend charles told me lol....

OH

HANG ****ING OVER!!!!! god rock band is great stuff especially singing drunk ^^

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
YA CHAD FuuCKING SELLING BRAWL AROUND 1130!!!! my friend charles told me lol....

OH

HANG FuuCKING OVER!!!!! god rock band is great stuff especially singing drunk ^^

and..... jebus christ i guess danny boy here won the first won im guessing from readin the boards? grats man wondered how i would have placed..... since brawl is out already guess i should tell you guys i was playing brawl before the eng came out too ^^ see ya guys on maybe like the 4th tourny ^^

the old school kapolei will be making a come back..... and i guess this old Filipino man will come out of retirement, just like the old times ^^ i gots a gamecube remote with no wii or brawl to practice but still have the skills lol

gtg get ready for work now...... **** fuucking lau lau we need to make 1k moreish

Darkmusician

Smash Master
i made it to the bracket finals, which was a lot farther than i thought. although i lost, i don't think i was upset.

oh, I JV 3 STOCKED SOMEONE IN A 2 STOCK MATCH IN A TOURNAMENT!!!!

learnt, like burnt, can be spelt either way.

preston did win the 15 and under.

in the battle of bob against the world, i bet on the world (sorry bob.)
It's ok Joel. It's not like I've actually done anything to prove that I can win tournaments. In fact I don't think I've ever placed in a real major tournament with a field of 50 or more.

Another tournament would be nice. Yay Pear City branch. And yay for better rules. Although y'know items are there for a reason. Perhaps we as competitive players forget about that. lolz

Oh yeah, just in case you have nothing better to do. My Junior Recital will be at UH Music department in Orvis auditorium at 1:30pm on March 13th. Free admission and food after.
The recital will be about 30-40 mins of me playing Trumpet.

I slept really good last night. I think I'm gonna go pick up my copy today after I finish up my last homework assignment.

FireFly

Smash Lord
good **** daniel and preston. i wasnt planning on competing, but what time did it start? i was in town most of the day >_> standing in line for 5 hours? god **** its probably worth it though i guess

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
The fighting started a little after 5 I think. And I had to wait another hour or so before my first match, which sucked even more since I got dropped off at Toys n' Joys at about 3 since my brother needed to be somewhere >_>

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
kyogre....dragoon....ugh
but seriously good **** danny
as i was watching your last match i was saying to myself. "daniel you beddah win"
coz being killed by an item sucks balls
and bobby i took out richard for ya :)

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Dammit now Toys n' Joys sucks donkey balls... I called before I left, and they said that they had the Wii bundle in stock, but apparently they sold out in 45 minutes...

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i think i didn't lose too much pride because our group got this tournament. maybe we should keep doing this like the "project d" in initial d; to conquer every tournament.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
guys, i am/might be helping a friend to run a school brawl tourney on wednesday. if everything comes to a plan i will need a tv and a wii system plus a copy brawl (even better with all characters unlocked). i am asking in advance to see if i can borrow these things from you guys for wednesday (morning to around 5-6ish). let me know, thanks.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well seeing as how I"m the only person that has a TV in their car that means I volunteer. lolz

You can take the TV from me whenever you want. But you gotta call me up in advance or something because I won't know when to be at the music building otherwise. As for the Wii I only have like 6 chars unlocked and...my friends and I kinda wanna play mine. lol Sorry T-man.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
What's up guys!!! I wanna play online wit someone, can't seem to connect randomly, hmmm.
Who got's teh friend code. I didn't see any posted.

Here's mine anyway: 0473-7439-6548

C'mon guys, I wants ta play.

I am definitely getting used to this game. Lol, lucas as second main. Fun shizz.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Alright, now I'm pissed... I tried the directions from the topic here, and I tried getting help from Eugene and Bobby at the tournament, but I still can't get that reverse aerial rush down >_>

Why must it mock me so? It seems like a really important thing for Toon Link, and I can't do it. Is it easier to do in Brawl than Melee, or am I just missing something? I run, mash back, jump, then do the aerial, but I end up doing their f-air. I've held forward after jumping for the aerial, and I've held back, but neither work. I've tried smashing the control stick back and forth, and that doesn't work either...

FireFly

Smash Lord
i think this game is going to turn out like halo 3, which it is so far. advanced tactics removed but the core and concept of the game is still there. competitive players are still playing competitive and enjoying for what it is.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Except unlike Halo 3, Brawl is actually good.

I'm not all that crazy about playing people in Hawaii on wifi seeing as how we do see each other quite often. But if you really want to then see my FC under my name.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I played it. Didn't like it. Shooters are not my forte. Of course this is coming from a biased non shooter game skilled person so my opinion on wether Halo 3 sucks or not holds no water. It's not like I've taken the time to actually get the game and practice.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Alright, now I'm pissed... I tried the directions from the topic here, and I tried getting help from Eugene and Bobby at the tournament, but I still can't get that reverse aerial rush down >_>

Why must it mock me so? It seems like a really important thing for Toon Link, and I can't do it. Is it easier to do in Brawl than Melee, or am I just missing something? I run, mash back, jump, then do the aerial, but I end up doing their f-air. I've held forward after jumping for the aerial, and I've held back, but neither work. I've tried smashing the control stick back and forth, and that doesn't work either...
It sounds like your doing the right stuff, maybe your timing is off a little?

Make sure your mashing back after the initial dash animation finishes, if you don't your not going to turn around, and you will keep dashing forward. Once you see the dust kick up from turning around, quickly jump and mash the stick forward and hold it while you hit the A button. The momentum should carry you forward while you perform a bair.

It's not very difficult to do, it just takes a little practice to get the timing down. ;)

Top Bottom