• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Hey, by emailing an entry means just putting the required things(name, contact, etc) and just sending the given email? Or should I take the image and type out the things and upload the picture?

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Why can't I enter the toysnjoys tourney? Oh, that's why, I work until 10. Man, tourneys every and I can't even go to one. Just one more week to go guys, then we can play brawl online in between fests. YAY.

Jem.

Smash Master
What are you expecting.. When you play wifi with the import before most americans have it, you're gonna be playing against **** >_> and thats quite the distance.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
What are you expecting.. When you play wifi with the import before most americans have it, you're gonna be playing against **** >_> and thats quite the distance.
Yeah Jem I was talking to either Kawn or Eric about it earlier today. I forgot that all of the games being played now are way out of their region. My bad on that.

I have no idea how to get my wii number code thing. Does anyone know how I can find it?

Happy Birthday again Jem! I'll see U on wifi! ^_O>

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I think the creator of SWF Gideon has one of if not the highest post counts. Gimpy is about to hit 10,000. Gideon has over 11,000.

Being a smash director has nothing to do with post count. You have to send in a request via your control panel.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm... the Toys n' Joys tournament seems a lot better with the longer matches and any controller deal. The only thing is that it'll end way too late to make the Gamestop tourney. Meh, I'll probably go to the TnJ one since I might me able to win a free copy with the drawing at the end lol.

Also, I was actually able to get tomorrow off! Please say there's still someone who I can catch a ride with... I had to trade a relatively normal 7 AM work time on Sunday to an early 6 AM time on Monday for the slim chance to try Brawl >_>

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hmmmm... the Toys n' Joys tournament seems a lot better with the longer matches and any controller deal. The only thing is that it'll end way too late to make the Gamestop tourney. Meh, I'll probably go to the TnJ one since I might me able to win a free copy with the drawing at the end lol.

Also, I was actually able to get tomorrow off! Please say there's still someone who I can catch a ride with... I had to trade a relatively normal 7 AM work time on Sunday to an early 6 AM time on Monday for the slim chance to try Brawl >_>
Is the Gamestop tournament on the same day as the ToysnJoys?

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
Isn't it just at the Kaimuki Toys n' Joys?
the tourney is only at kaimuki

also the tournament is on the same day, but the tnj event should end around 10 or so, so if you wanted to head down to the gamestop one it would be possible.

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Gamestop tournament begins around 9 where I am. When i went to see if i had to sign up they just said to walk in, and that my friend and I were the 2nd/3rd people to ask about it. They also said the tournament ends fo hawaii at districts in ala moana since regionals is in california.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but the Gamestop tourney starts at 9, and caps at 32 people. Plus it's first come first served, so I doubt I could show up an hour late and still make it... but anyway, I don't really like their idea of 1 minute matches, so I'll just stay at TnJ =3

And thanks to Bobby I can get a ride tomorrow! Now it's just about getting back... Who wouldn't mind going into Manoa valley lol.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Daniel I think you're only hope is
1. Ask Terence.
2. Ride back into town with me, but that means we leave at 1 to 1:15 just in case of traffic. I don't want to miss this gig. So yeah it'll only be about 3 hours worth but I'm fine with that.

I went to Pearl Ridge Toys n Joys for 2 reasons. To register, and to see Chad. Cause Chad is cool. I shall see about this Game Stop Tourny. Do my best to make both. Who knows, I might get eliminated so early in the Toys n Joys one I might just leave and go. lolz I'll just do my best.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you're an admin of a message board, you can change your postcount to whatever you like fyi
Uhhhh I'm pretty sure all of Gimpy's posts are for real.

Also Ammon placed second just now in UCLA smash. Field was 149 people. Hugo placed first. Shane and Ammon took second in doubles and Lucky and Mango took first.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
I wasn't doubting his post authentity. Just saying anyone could have as high of a post count as they want. The numbers don't even have to add up to the message board's total post count. Like if Gideon altered his to 100,000. There wouldn't be 89,000 posts that come onto the boards out of nowhere.

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't doubting his post authentity. Just saying anyone could have as high of a post count as they want. The numbers don't even have to add up to the message board's total post count. Like if Gideon altered his to 100,000. There wouldn't be 89,000 posts that come onto the boards out of nowhere.
DstyCube..
has a nice sig
and shoyo! are you coming tomarrow?
where hab u been ******?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
joel get ready before 9. shoyo get ready by 9. thanks.

about gamestop or toys and joys tourney. if anything, i think i am going to the gamestop one if my girlfriend lets me. the toysnjoys one seems to be too much competition for me. i might go if i am as good as bobby in brawl.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think the Gamestop one will be easier with only 32 compared to possibly 100 people, but they're tourney isn't as... good? The 1 minute matches and only using the Wii-mote is what got me. Well, that, and the fact that the Toys n' Joys one will just be one quick little tourney without qualifying rounds. Plus I just like Toys n' Joys.

And like I said before, the possibility of winning SSBB just out of pure luck ^_^

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
yo tom, if me and jeff come early, like before terence show up, we go play rock band, I'll bring my drums just in case yours don't work again. Shoots.

You better be up early, like 8:30 - 9ish!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Just drum on his window. Get it? Drum...rock band...oh never mind.

I will do my best to make both tournaments. I'm dedicating my whole Wednesday to Brawl. No work, no class. Also since it's single elimination I may get knocked out quick and then it's off to Game Stop. lolz

When did I become the measuring stick for wether someone is good enough to enter a tournament? T-man you've been playing more than I. I think you're better than me by now. I highly doubt that I'll place at either tournament. I'll just do my best.

ZkO

Smash Cadet
I will do my best to make both tournaments. I'm dedicating my whole Wednesday to Brawl. No work, no class. Also since it's single elimination I may get knocked out quick and then it's off to Game Stop. lolz
says the guy who dominated brawl today at tom's. ******* lol. tho however after you left, I became champ in FFA for quite a while till everyone decided to just team up on me. haters :laugh:.

Top Bottom