• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
alrighty terence. I hope you'll be there by ten and not like 12! Well, I guess I'll be seeing you guys there.
Brawl time. Just a little bit longer until it's here.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
It's alright joel. You have to come by one of these days. I'm itching to play melee

I don't think I can bring a tv, but I can bring melee for sure.

So I should be ready by 9:00?

Man I wanna play brawl!

ZkO

Smash Cadet
i see how it is bobby, sever our ties in brawl and now you dun want to tag up with me for melee teams? FINE. if thats the way you want it, you will be struck down by the mighty fist of ganon.

tho it dun matter rly, the hand of ganon is merciless to friend or foe in teams, ESPECIALLY to bobby (GANON, **** DAT ZELDA! *BANG BANG*). . . lol.

WiiSports

Smash Rookie
yo, you seriously naming a tournament "Dark Magic Attack"? peeps from Hawaii will be so ****in embarrassed if people from the states go down there. should seriously change your mind, dude.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
you guys don't have to come if you guys really mind the name. you can't really judge a book from its cover man. who cares if the name is weird to you? it's all about the biggest, highest level of tournament hawaii can throw and OOS players coming for epic battles.

at least i won't be embarrassed. dark musician is the one talking to all the players from others states and organizing the event all by himself. i think he has the right to name is whatever the **** he wants.

sir may i ask who are you anyway? although i can't really judge you by your post count, you could be one of those closet nerd smash pro who's too good for us. and who are you representing? the whole entire state of hawaii? your opinion isn't anything to me because you don't have a reputation in this thread.

ZkO

Smash Cadet
yo, you seriously naming a tournament "Dark Magic Attack"? peeps from Hawaii will be so ****in embarrassed if people from the states go down there. should seriously change your mind, dude.
oooh im so scared. w/e.

the way i see it, you're only showcasing that ppl from the mainland are arrogant pricks. who cares if we get pwned or not, we're doing it for fun (is this right bobby? lol) because majority of us on here in hawaii are friends (i think >_>;).

so what bobby, change your mind and gonna team up with me this sunday? ;) Orz. lets kill the beast. :p

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
So... speaking of tournaments, who's going to the Brawl one next Saturday? I may get owned since #1 it'll be my first time playing Brawl, and #2 I won't know how the hell to use that stupid Wii mote >_>

I'll be going to the Ala Moana Gamestop early. Well, I better brush up on some of those advanced tactics to make sure I don't lose too badly. What do you guys think: best to use Marth who I'll be semi-familiar with, or try Toon Link, who I've been intending to try out once I got SSBB?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well the "peeps" have spoken. I'm not going to change the name. Darkmagician=my favorite Yugioh card back in the day. Hence my screen name. Dark Magic Attack is corny I know, but it holds a sentimental value for me that you would never understand. I can guarantee that this tournament will change Hawaii forever.

That being said, I think I can make it on Sunday by....10 ish since my first service gets out at like 9. If Tom is asleep I'll wake him up. No rocks though. I could climb up and tap on your window though. lolz Also just as a heads up I may have to leave early for a gig rehearsal. It's a one day gig that pays $50.00. I want that money. The rehearsal starts at 2 soooo idk maybe I can stay till 1 ish. That's my plan anyways. I'm going to Email my band director to find out if they still need me or not.

I'm sorry you can't make it Daniel. =( But can you pretty pretty please remember to ask your Church about the whole venue idea? Thanks much! <3

Edit: And yes Jeff we're all pretty tight and stuff. And yes I'm doing all of this planning and stuff for you guys. This is something that Hawaii deserves to have. I won't disappoint. I'll team with you Jeff. :]

Darkmusician

Smash Master
GENO!!!! lolz

Well if the rehearsal gets done quick enough I can come back for the TVs. :]

Tom is the champ of ninja posting.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
does that mean our champ is interested in da circle's tournament? but they didn't say anything about friendly fire though. you should know how gay the game is without friendly fire. and more info like stocks and single or double elimination.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
you can use the gamecube controllers for brawl fuz.
I know you can use them, but I mean for the tournament at Gamestop you can't. Kinda stupid rules: you can't bring your own controllers, only the Wii-mote, and 1 minute matches >_>

At any rate, I'll still go, regardless of those stupid rules. Any advice for Toon Link and Marth? I've been reading the topics here and watching videos (only MellowD's very impressive TL; haven't seen Marth). Speaking of which, how do you do all those aerials so quickly? I thought l-canceling was taken out, and that you would get less lag only if you DIDN'T fast fall during the attack?

Oh yeah, is there anyone from town getting a ride to and from Tom's on Sunday? The possibility is pretty slim, but just in case I can change my work schedule to get Sunday off... It would be really good to get some experience with Brawl and the Wii-mote before next Saturday. Unless you guys would be playing on Monday or Friday as well lol.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
does that mean our champ is interested in da circle's tournament? but they didn't say anything about friendly fire though. you should know how gay the game is without friendly fire. and more info like stocks and single or double elimination.
Seeing as how Brawl is just a side even to Halo, I am not expecting much. Also at 30 bucks at the door it sounds like they will be raking in lots of money.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
for marth, just spam the side b combo. it combos really fast and racks up damage. in brawl, i think it is better to play a ground game with marth. sometimes i do aerial juggles and stuff. one thing is that you should wait for your opponent to come down to juggle him/her. it usually doesn't work if you chase after them right when they send upward. the fsmash is shorter than in melee so get closer then do it. grabs are kinda crap but you can mix things up with it. i think nair our of shield is better than shield grab though. sorry for the wall of text. if you need to know anything keep browsing the forum or ask me. i play quite a lot with marth in brawl because he is so easy and strong.

ZkO

Smash Cadet
i am not german! tho i would like to learn that language however lol.

DUSHBEGS CAWM FRAWM DOISHLAN! YAAA~
(im sry if anyone can rly make sense of this and gets offended)

. . . . epic-lose lol.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
I think it's spelled Deutschland or something. I had a friend who was German. He taught me how to say F*** you s***head in German XD

Of course I have no idea how to spell that, though...

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
toysnjoys will be holding an event saturday the 8th at their kaimuki store. it should be before the gamestop one if you were planning on going to that too. um, the rules are still being determined, but i think it will be 100 people maximum, tourney style 1v1.

ZkO

Smash Cadet
lol, im purposely spelling it how i say it in a stupid voice :p

however none of you will ever hear that ^^. . . EVER.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
lol like some guy on this forum who spelled out a Death Note saying "Watashi wa L des"... or that may have been the same guy who messed up on watakushi as well, so it might've been "Watakshi wa L des". R.I.P Japanese language...

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
you can't really hate on someone for spelling phonetically. stuff from other languages into english is so arbitrary, and honestly unless you study the language and know the it well enough to read it, spelling based on sound is prolly better.

Top Bottom