• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
ohh i was really energetic because i was playing rockband earlier with my friends.
felix looked so drained lol
Playing RockBand at Dexter's house is the F-ing ****!!!

Poor Flex. lolz

I'm glad everyone had fun last night. Especially Joel. b^_^d

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Here's a nice update. You can actually MAIN Zero Suit Samus without items.

By holding R during the loading time you can start play as Zero Suit Samus. This is similar to holding A before a match to turn into Sheik.

It's so cool cause the armor falls to the ground at the start of the match. That's another possible main for me now. :]

Terence why shoot gas? ^_O> New Sig on the way. It's gonna be a cool one.

FireFly

Smash Lord
old'd/10

crap i couldnt autographs today, maybe tomorrow or thurs but our teacher s said we arent allowed to

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Shootz! Go for it man! Surprise me! :]

New Sig is here! I like this one. Much more thought went into it than my last one. ( was very sloppy imo)

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
yeah. i think everyone needs a break from it too.

my friend at school owns a japanese wii and brought a copy of imported brawl to school to play. it is a totally new game to me. i tried the game with falco for only about 5 matches. here's my thoughts about the game.

1) final smash is broken, but it is very fun. you need to do damage to break the small ball then press b when you have an aura around your character.

2) everything is so floaty! you really need to fast fall before doing anything, which is very hard to get used to because in melee, you fast fall after your move.

3) there's no l cancel, i think everyone knows this already. so shield grab is the **** now.

4) you have to press the button all the way down to shield, which is also very hard to get used to. i think this is the reason people get hit so much in the videos.

5) falco is still pretty good. gonna study a little more to figure out how to combo and stuff, but i can play with shdl for now.

6) i haven't tried all the characters yet. shiek looks pretty combolicious though. diddy kong is a beast.

it is very fun overall. but we need to get it to competitive and i know it'd take a while.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Aww man I'm jealous. How's fox terrence? Try him out next time. He looks pretty alright in vids

So it's like playing jigglypuff or something. Oh and there's no lightshielding then?

Joel, wanna do something tomorrow? I'm not completely sure again, but I'll throw it up there. I crave teh smash

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Also there's no CCing, Dash Dancing is not as useful as it once was.

Chain grabs are still there. Falling speed is pretty much universal.

Lots of new things to adapt too.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Ew
Man i was hoping for rucario to not suck. Universal falling speed sounds gay. And yeah I noticed the videos didn't have anyone CCing and dashdance looks nearly pointless

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
lol
seems like a fun game
but the competitive play seems very restricted
i wanna smash soon?
anybody hit me up so we can smash!

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
looking at brawl, my initial thought was that as opposed to trying to balance the game, they nerfed everyone.

Joel, wanna do something tomorrow? I'm not completely sure again, but I'll throw it up there. I crave teh smash
i'm getting my wisdom teeth extracted today (all four of them) so i dunno how good i'll be feeling afterwards. but yeah, give me a call if you're free.

FireFly

Smash Lord
lol, my friend just had his wisdom teeth pulled and i heard it felt like a *****. blood going down your throat and ****. i gotta get mines done like next month or something.

smash? i know eugene and bob wants to!

IrrasO

Smash Rookie
brawl is looking kind of lame... the characters look too big for some reason... everone is floaty, universal falling speeds... hopefully it'll still be competitive though.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Man I heard that's a *****. How was it?
Oh and Joel, do you have texting?

Maybe tomorrow my house if anyone's up for it. I think I can have three people over. Not too sure on it, but anyone want to?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
alright, i tried fox, and it is a good character IMO because of the auto ledge sweetspotting machanic. i agree with joel about dumbing down all the characters, but so far from watching the vids and playing the game, i think fox, shiek, and marth is still up there. i haven't tried new characters yet. i will give you guys an update on it later.

actually, the game is floaty, kinda like the 64 one.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Man I heard that's a *****. How was it?
Oh and Joel, do you have texting?

Maybe tomorrow my house if anyone's up for it. I think I can have three people over. Not too sure on it, but anyone want to?
Shoyo I have a dental Appointment in town at 1pm so I'll be in your area tomorrow.

I'll take anyone down that needs a ride the only condition is you'll either have to bring a DS or cruise around Kahala Mall for about 30 mins cause that's where my Dentist is. So anyone that wants a ride start sucking my **** now. lolz

But yeah times would be good.

I don't think Joel gets texting.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
I'd love to go to Hawaii and meet Darkmusician

Partly because he's the only Hawaiian in the alaskan thread and partly because of he likes Lucario.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Hmm, maybe 2. Anytime from 2 would be good. Gotta disband by like 9pm.
Frick, maybe I should change to sunday. Forgot my dad has all day off work. Sunday okay guys?
And joel, you should come by if this works out since I bailed on you a few times.

Man I don't like floaties that much. I bet the lack of wavedash nerfs fox down quite a bit. I saw a vid or two of him on youtube, and the playstyle looked somewhat like the 64 fox. Idk the spammable shine thing looks kinda cool

Top Bottom