• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hardest boss in video game history?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I've seen a couple of them, most recently his video about Dragon's Lair.

But this isn't hardest games, this is hardest bosses. Get with the program, people! :mad:

:069:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I hate the AVGN. And the games he usually reveiws are hard not because they were meant to be hard, but hard because they were developed in the wrong way. Most have glitches and much thought process goes missing. Making those games impossible to play.

Intentionally hard games like Ninja Gaiden - Hell yeah. On that note this boss presents a difficult challenge.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
@Gradius: Very nice, although I still think the boss I've showed is harder, if only for the length of the battle.

@Pop'n Music: Technically not a boss, but very impressive all the same. I've never heard of this game before, actually. Where could I play it?

nevershootme

Smash Master
@Gradius: Very nice, although I still think the boss I've showed is harder, if only for the length of the battle.

@Pop'n Music: Technically not a boss, but very impressive all the same. I've never heard of this game before, actually. Where could I play it?
Bird Bowl maybe? that's the last notice of it's existance, but it's the 13th version...

Japanese games = the best **** you've ever seen... and you went to japan once, you should have spotted when going to an arcade

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
played it. beat it. i find danmaku to be artificially difficult anyways. i prefer more methodical shooters like ikaruga, or the gradius series. something where the stage design is more important than the amount of bullets that can fill the screen and hitbox sizes. mushihime isn't bad. i love it. i just find methodical shooters to be more fun

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
As far as rhythm games go, Drummania is just far and above my favorite.

Hardest boss? The Guy is ****ing tough.

AfroQT

Smash Master
IWBTG is pretty hard...i didnt find The Guy nearly as hard as Dracula tho, or maybe i was getting unlucky.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Miktran the final boss of Tales of destiny directors cut is with out a doubt the hardest boss there is.
You have to play through the game like 5 times to beat him on normal mode T_T.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
im not really into video games... but i thought the sand weapon and the water weapon in FF7 was pretty hard.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
IWBTG is pretty hard...i didnt find The Guy nearly as hard as Dracula tho, or maybe i was getting unlucky.
Dracula was pretty easy to me. His moves are fairly simple to avoid. I LOVE that fight though.

not even rock band or guitar hero drums can beat drummania...
I run an electric drumset through a USB adapter to my PS2. V3 is so good.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Bird Bowl maybe? that's the last notice of it's existance, but it's the 13th version...

Japanese games = the best **** you've ever seen... and you went to japan once, you should have spotted when going to an arcade
I never went into an arcade over there. The first half of the trip was all about the culture aspect of Japan, and the second half was about spending time with my host family, and going to an arcade is not exactly the best activity to do with them.

Read my blog on AiB. It's all detailed there.

(Also, can people stop posting songs? I know that they are hard, but they are really not bosses...)

nevershootme

Smash Master
I never went into an arcade over there. The first half of the trip was all about the culture aspect of Japan, and the second half was about spending time with my host family, and going to an arcade is not exactly the best activity to do with them.

Read my blog on AiB. It's all detailed there.

(Also, can people stop posting songs? I know that they are hard, but they are really not bosses...)
they're technically called Boss Songs... meaning they're designed to brutally screw up the player because it's a complex chart to complete in a rhythm game

and there's a thing called alone time where u explore on your own with people

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, the thing with hard songs is that you can choose them at any time, but with bosses you have to reach a certain point in the game to confront them. Songs are more like the levels of a game rather than the bosses.

But fine, go ahead and post them. It's just that I don't want to see every other post referring to a ridiculously hard song because let's face it, there are countless numbers of them. I don't want this thread to mainly go to one genre, you know?

Anyways, one of my personal hardest bosses is definitely Gyorg from Majora's Mask, but I think that's mainly due to my fear of pretty much every aquatic creature in that game, or any game, actually. I couldn't bring myself to jump into the water and the fight lasted like over an hour. *shiver*

nevershootme

Smash Master
Well, the thing with hard songs is that you can choose them at any time, but with bosses you have to reach a certain point in the game to confront them. Songs are more like the levels of a game rather than the bosses.

Anyways, one of my personal hardest bosses is definitely Gyorg from Majora's Mask, but I think that's mainly due to my fear of pretty much every aquatic creature in that game, or any game, actually. I couldn't bring myself to jump into the water and the fight lasted like over an hour. *shiver*
wrong idea. extra stage and one more extra stage have extreme requirements (mostly playing the hardest chart of the song). and you need an e-amuse pass to access them with the machine being able to go online

in beatmania, you need to "hard clear" songs and get AA or AAA grades to access the advanced extra stages (consisting of 4 consecutive songs in a row) and the OMES (one more extra stage). generally those songs are inaccessable unless u are able to access them... or get the machine unlocked.

in pop'n, you need a specific score in challenge mode (where u access all songs), like play perfectly in a song or do unique requirements to access the extra songs... and the difficulty scale hits at level 43 EX difficulty

DDR, you need AA or AAA on "expert" difficulty songs to get extra stage, and then AA or AAA again to get one more extra...

Top Bottom