• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Today two of my favorite rappers both released a new single, and they will also both be releasing new albums next week. I'm feeling a little bit stressed out over the SAT test I am going to take next week, so starting off my weekend next week with new albums from both Kendrick Lamar and Joey Bada$$ is going to be a really good day for me.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Today two of my favorite rappers both released a new single, and they will also both be releasing new albums next week. I'm feeling a little bit stressed out over the SAT test I am going to take next week, so starting off my weekend next week with new albums from both Kendrick Lamar and Joey Bada$$ is going to be a really good day for me.
Did you hear that new single Kendrick dropped today?

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Did you hear that new single Kendrick dropped today?
That was one of the singles I was talking about. The Joey Bada$$ one is called "Rockabye Baby" with Schoolboy Q, who always has great features so I was even more excited to hear that song when I got home today. Its so strange that Kendrick and Joey put out a new single today AND are releasing an album on the same day next week. April 7th is going to be like a holiday for hip hop fans.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Loving the new changes they made to the boards today, I think that the new Knuckles direction really suits the whole website better.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Firstly, love what you've done with the place guys! (Insert Knuckles for Smash Bros Switch support here)

Secondly, Smash still going decently. Not practicing as much, but I FINALLY have a set of mains. It took me two years of the game being out, but I've picked up Robin (who I wanted to play since the game came out), Lucina (who was my best character casually when the game first came out), and Bowser (a newcomer to my list who's too much fun to play).

Now, what I really wanted to talk about is what happened yesterday. I promised my friend that I'd be there to support her in her musical, and WOW. What a night that was! The play was great (albeit sexualized in some places), and all the music was really on point. Halfway through they brought out an Elvis impersonator to sing, and it was glorious. He nailed everything perfectly. Anyway, my friend had a leading role as one of three singing narrators that were almost always on stage. Let me tell you this: Her singing voice is FANTASTIC. I knew she could sing really well, but not this well! I was pleasantly shocked. It really reinforced how much I like her. Afterwards we found each other among the crowd and I gave her the rose I picked out for her. First off, she gave me a hug when she saw me (she's never done that, and I was both caught off guard and giddy). She was super happy to see me, and when I gave her the flower, everything just went uphill from there. I got another hug, we talked for a bit, I gushed to her about how great she did, and then we parted ways.

I tell you, that's a night I'm going to remember for years. Along with great music, laughs, and atmosphere, I shared a moment with a friend, and basically fell in love. I've always had a small crush on her, and she's liked me for (possibly) longer that I liked her, but I've never felt like this. I honestly think that small moment is going to be a turning point in how we interact from here on out. It's just speculation, but for as small as it seems, it was really special. It was so surreal... I don't know how to explain it. Even if I did, it wouldn't do it justice. Just take my word for it. It was like something out of a Disney movie. It was like there was this... "Click", you know?

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
So, I posted something the other day in the Unhappy thread, and now's the time to counteract negativity by posting something hopeful!

So, in my unhappy post, I mentioned that my biggest crush recently started dating another guy and after inquiring about how she felt about me, she replied that she never felt the way I did about me. First up on the positive train, I'm now completely fine with all of it, and even gave her new boyfriend a genuine smile and hand shake. I couldn't say anything to him because my friend started talking and then they got engrossed in each other (now I know what it's like to be a third wheel), but he's a nice guy, and I'm really happy and supportive of them, like I should be as one of her best friends. She did mention in her response that even though she didn't have any romantic feelings for me, she REALLY liked me as a friend. It was in caps and everything, so I'm glad we still get to be good friends, even though I'm kind of a third wheel now xD

Secondly, I've been in the best mood lately even though I had a moment of heartbreak on Monday. I've just been chipper all week, and I can't really say why, I just am. Maybe I'm excited about the promise of someone better to run into. Who knows, maybe I'll actually be able to date this next person xD I'm starting to playfully imagine what this "dream girl" would be like. Nice, sweet, beautiful, a good sense of humor, confident (although the shy ones are cute, so I don't mind either), brave, loyal, and talented to name a few traits. Hopefully someone who loves music too. I'd love to do a duet with a violinist, and it would be a ton of fun getting music together and learning about each other in the process. A quote from an amazing show: "By exchanging notes, you get to know one another, to understand one another. As if your souls were connected and hearts overlapping. It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." ~Kaori Miyazono

I just can't wait! I also nailed my band audition for next year, and if I hit that threshold, I may be in top band with the best players in the school. I'm anxious to know the results... Wish me luck!

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
So yesterday when the ASPCA came to get all the cats, we kept the two cats I really wanted to keep. My dad wanted to get rid of one of the two I wanted to keep, but I was able to convince him to keep him. Also, Kendrick Lamar is dropping "DAMN" this Friday (everyone thought he would drop last Friday).

So, I posted something the other day in the Unhappy thread, and now's the time to counteract negativity by posting something hopeful!

So, in my unhappy post, I mentioned that my biggest crush recently started dating another guy and after inquiring about how she felt about me, she replied that she never felt the way I did about me. First up on the positive train, I'm now completely fine with all of it, and even gave her new boyfriend a genuine smile and hand shake. I couldn't say anything to him because my friend started talking and then they got engrossed in each other (now I know what it's like to be a third wheel), but he's a nice guy, and I'm really happy and supportive of them, like I should be as one of her best friends. She did mention in her response that even though she didn't have any romantic feelings for me, she REALLY liked me as a friend. It was in caps and everything, so I'm glad we still get to be good friends, even though I'm kind of a third wheel now xD
I respect you for being able to do that. I can't be a third wheel and I would never encourage that anyone try to be close friends with someone you have feelings/used to have feeling for, but if you don't have a problem with it then go ahead. Just be careful that trying to stay so close to her keeps you from moving on or relapsing.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
So yesterday when the ASPCA came to get all the cats, we kept the two cats I really wanted to keep. My dad wanted to get rid of one of the two I wanted to keep, but I was able to convince him to keep him. Also, Kendrick Lamar is dropping "DAMN" this Friday (everyone thought he would drop last Friday).

I respect you for being able to do that. I can't be a third wheel and I would never encourage that anyone try to be close friends with someone you have feelings/used to have feeling for, but if you don't have a problem with it then go ahead. Just be careful that trying to stay so close to her keeps you from moving on or relapsing.
Thanks for the concern. On normal circumstances I would probably slowly shift away from being friends with that person, but since we've been such steadfast friends for so long, I just can't imagine not being friends with her. And really, nothing's changed anyway, except the obvious. Usually the third wheel 'syndrome' wears off after a few weeks, maybe a month tops, so I don't have to feel awkward for too long. I don't have to worry about being too close to her either, because I have backups that I can focus on xD They're all super pretty and nice, so I think I won't have to worry about a relapse. Plus, she's on a trip with our top band at school and we haven't been communicating much, therefore the old saying: "Outta sight, outta mind." I'm pretty much over the whole predicament, and I'm excited to keep looking for that special person.

Last edited:

TipO'TheMorning

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5047-5155
I signed up for this site today. :D Also the poster above looks like it could be the cropped out part of my profile pic lol.

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
I'm happy to see there are still people trying to spread positivity in the smash community. I don't have too much to add but I'll try. I love Melee and think it's the best smash game ever. But my friends like Sm4sh so I play that and once I started to view Sm4sh and Melee as completely separate things and not as a successor or sequel I found I can actually enjoy both games. No matter how good or bad Puff is I can still rest and have fun. =)

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Y'know, the ability to be positive in the face of adversity is a virtue that can never be replaced. It seems like the happier you are when things are bad, the more opportunities and good things pop up. My heart shattered into a million pieces two weeks ago, but thanks to positive thinking, I've been the happiest I've been in my entire life these past few weeks. At first, I felt pain when I thought about my friend with her new boyfriend, but now I can easily talk to her without feeling a thing. Not to mention one of my other friends is setting me up with a girl he knows sometime soon, which is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I really hope I don't make a fool out of myself this time xD With the experience I have with girls, I know I don't have anything to worry about, but I have a tendency to say the most stupid things when I'm nervous xD I wonder if she's into orchestral music...

Even though my grades aren't as good as previous years, this year will be the most memorable for me. This school year, I got closure with my biggest crush (who I shall remain friends with for as long as possible) and found a possible new one, made a good friend, found out who I am, found out what it is I'm good at and what I want to do in the future, found peace and freedom, and finally came out of the introverted box I was stuck in for most of my life. And all of this was in 8 or so months. Let me tell you guys, I'm blessed beyond belief to have gotten through some of the things I did. I cannot wait for what's to come next. I mean, there's a lot of stuff coming for sure: I've yet to find that one special person, I haven't unlocked my full musical potential yet, and I haven't started that Youtube channel I've always wanted, just to name a few.

Life is so good right now.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
It feels so good to finish all my first year finals in university. Here's hoping I get a good score since I studied real intent for them. Though I won't be out for the woods yet until I find out my final marks.

With all that said and done, I'm back home and now I can finally relax! Time to go get Persona 5!

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
As of last week, I finally got a job working during the summer that I really enjoy, that also happens to pay really well and I DON'T have to talk to any customers! I've also been thinking that if game development somehow doesn't work out for me, I could try to get into graphic design or art and animation, since I seem to have somewhat of a knack for that.

It just feels like I finally got my life back in order, at least for awhile.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, I'm happy about two things:
  • Dateline: August 2016. I bought a Wii U for less than $200, and now I was able to play Smash Bros. for Wii U.
  • Another thing that made me happy was being able to pre-order a :4bayonetta2: amiibo for my 27th birthday before those damn scalpers can take them all as soon as they hit the shelves.

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Ah, it's been a while since I've last posted! To be honest, I haven't play Sm4sh for like, a month. Last time I touched it was a few weeks ago at a school tournament (that I placed fourth in, btw. Proud of that.) I'm going to start practicing again so I can go to weeklies at a local arcade. I'm definitely good enough, and since entropy doesn't seem to apply to my Smash skills, I'll probably be fine to go this week (Lucy and Robin gonna wreck). Aside from that, I'm going out on a double-date-type-thing to a movie (eventually), so that'll be fun.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Oh, oh, I have another happy story! It happened three years ago when I was in downtown Atlanta with my mother. I'd encountered a gaming arcade and I saw they had Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, an installment I hadn't played yet when I returned to Tekken. But that arcade was only around for about a year and a half. Pity, but it was fun while it lasted. I still have Tekken 5 so I customized all character's costume colors to look like their default colors in Dark Resurrection.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Ah, Smashboards. It's been a while! I haven't played this game for a long, long time, and I'm kind of sad that I haven't. It's been two or three months, actually.

I stopped playing for a while after my overwhelming defeat at a local tourney. I lost my first match 2-0, went to losers bracket, then almost got JV3'd twice. I guess my leaving was a mixture between utter disappointment, a lack of faith in my abilities, and getting burnt out on the game after that. However, after my hiatus, I've decided that I'm going to come back to the game in force! I was thinking about maining some other characters as a "fresh new start", but I then decided against it because I just love Lucina (although I may start playing Duck Hunt because I love using him casually against friends, and I'm going to add Corrin back into my lineup of characters). Lucky for me I still remember combos and the basics of the game and all that, so I don't have to relearn how to do anything. It'll just be a lot of practice to get all the old muscle memory back. Maybe by the time I'm done practicing I'll go back to that local tournament and do better!

I think it's the introduction of Doomfist into Overwatch that has re-ignited my love for fighting games, and what better fighting game for me to pick back up than Smash 4?

See you guys around!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm extremely pleased that I recently acquired a :4corrinf: amiibo for the MSRP of $12.99. Purchased one on July 21, but they sold out pretty damn quick, so I had to wait three weeks for them to restock them. The waiting was very hard, I listened to Praise 102.5, read outdated algebra textbooks, and watched All in the Family reruns for a couple of weeks to get my mind off it.

I hope it's okay to sing a small song of praise here to show how I feel right now:
Now it's time to celebrate, all banners raised (I got the victory, the victory)
Because those scalpers have been thwarted and God be praised (I got the victory, the victory)
Every situation I face I win (I got the victory, the victory)
And everything works for my good in the end (I got the victory, the victory)
Right...with that said, I always pray for those less fortunate than I was. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Got a Switch a few weeks ago, and I've been grinding Splatoon 2 Salmon Run when I can. Super fun, and while I liked the original, I'm really sinking my teeth into the sequel.

Can't wait for the releases of A Hat in Time, Pokken Tournament DX, Metroid 2: Samus Returns, Pokemon Ultra Sun + Moon, and Super Mario Odyssey to make the school year more bearable. That and this amazing girl in my future, but I already talk too much about that, soooo... Yeah.

Jaruto

Smash Cadet
NNID
JarutoATD
Just bought 3 Tickets to see Death Grips in Detroit, bought a new pipe off my friend for cheep, and my crush asked me out a week ago, so good vibes

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
On top of generally feeling better about myself lately, I just made the decision earlier tonight to start posting on this site again (after being inactive for like, over a year in favor of Discord), and after posting in just a few different threads, the nostalgia trip is real.

Smashboards was my jam for the longest time since summer of 2008, although admittedly I resented this site around when I started using Discord. Took me a while, but I've finally realized that was mostly my own damn fault and now here I am. It's just nice being able to have another outlet for talking to different people, too. I've been kind of lonely/been hanging out with mostly the same people way too much for a while now (not that that's bad or that I dislike interacting with them, but this is certainly kind of a refreshing change).

Phil Time

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely happy that I have work to do.

The work pays for the video games, of course.

Last edited:

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
I got a free cup of coffee today because the person who ordered it canceled the order after it had already been made, lol. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ladies who are way out of my league show interesst in me. I don't question why, I just roll with it with a big smile on my face.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Got sex on the first date. Good thing: we still both have huge interesst in each other. So all is good and great, and awesome.

D

Deleted member

It's been a few days, but I've made my very first hypothetical Smash moveset and got a bunch of positive feedback on it.
That felt great since I didn't think I didn't think myself as a very creative person until then. Here's to more fun and creative movesets in the future!

\(°|°)/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaprica

Smash Rookie
School's been great, and I have loads of freetime! I've never been more happy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom