• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Despite the fact that my anxiety has gone haywire this week (it's close to getting in the way of me functioning like a normal person. close), life is really good.
I work for a 'local' card shop (they're local...but one of the bigger yugioh retailers in the country)
I make merch for their circuit series
its super fun
i also have 2 art tests and a bunch of commissions lined up <3 and a bunch of my favorite studios are hiring

AND I GOT TO SEE BRAND NEW TONIGHT FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS YEAR AND IM GOING TO THEIR SHOW TOMORROW NIGHT TOO IM REALLY HAPPY

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided to start a little animation project in September. I've been kind of lazy while being out of school, but with school starting in September, and me being done with the important things I'm doing now it's going to work out great

I just need to finish up writing everything I need to until then

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I posted in the unhappy thread yesterday but here's my happy post for the happy thread! c:

I got to see my uncle, aunts, and two cousins I hadn't seen in years, literally since my grandma died in 2008. They've grown so much and one of my cousins really missed my mom so much she was crying as she hugged her ;w; And I missed them all so much.

and in regards to the dilemma I had in the unhappy thread. Mom does indeed agree to respect my stance on things, and I don't think I'll try to get rid of my food allergy because I'm a bit afraid of the risks. I'm just glad things were resolved peacefully though.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
My life is absolutely awesome right now. I can't find anything to complain about. I'm getting really good at Melee, I've been working on improving my musical skills, and I've been talking to this really cool chick I met online. Everything is great.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
After my slump with the scam I talked about in the unhappy thread, literally two days later I went in for an interview at a (legit) IT consultation place downtown and I GOT THE JOB!! :D

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Joined this forum today and I already like it. The smash 4 is were I'll go to most of the time and I can specifically talk about my main, Sonic! So its pretty great.

Last edited:

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
We had a huge party last night. There were tons of people all drinking, toking and chillin' on the lawn. My friends and I occasionally came down to my room to play Melee. I passed out before all the drama started so for me at least it was a pretty awesome night.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I found out that with the money I get from college, I'll have enough to spare to enter tournies in a few months and finally start my smash career.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I attended my first showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, just two weeks before I leave home for college!

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
This thread makes me happy. Recently moved to Hollywood and loving the sunny California weather!
But we need rain

Yet as you know we just got some!

:D

(I was in Pasadena when you wrote this; I know what you did there SSON cannot escape this creepy Alakaslam)

Last edited:

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
Attended my first tournament and made a lot of improvements in my game! Also got my truck washed and had an all around good day today, which is nice!

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
I never thought I would ever meet someone I love or care about. I thought I was going to be forever single.

In June, I met the most funny, cute, intelligent and caring girl in the world. She is now my girlfriend and I couldn't be happier. I don't think I could have matched with someone so well. I love her with all I got.

I am so turbo happy right now.

Crin

Smash Rookie
Moved out of my house and I'm finally coming to terms with my laziness/responsibility issues. College classes start in a week, and I'm still preparing mentally, but I'm ready to tackle my classes and stay on top of everything as best as I can.

On top of that, the Smash scene at my university seems very high leveled and I'm ready to get out there and get better at Smash!

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
My family finally switched to a better ISP. Now I can watch streams without waiting and play video games online without lagging out.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I got mugged today. Before you ask why this is in this thread, please read on.

I was walking home from work just about an hour ago when some assholes in hoodies came up to me and tried "talking" to me.
I had my earphones in, so I didn't hear them. The only time I paid attention to them was when I saw the flick of a knife blade. I was suddenly paying attention then, for sure. And I'm not gonna lie, I was scared.
I took a small step back and as my left foot touched the floor, my friend's words rang in my head. Telling me to love and care for myself instead of worrying about others so much. In that moment, I decided. No. No more. No more letting the world get to me. NO more being a coward. Time to do something I had never done before in my life. Stand up for myself.

He moved closer and so did my fist. To his face. I felt something crack and the next thing I know, he was clutching his nose and running off, blood streaming from it.

Something changed in me in that moment. I decided that this would be the moment that changes my life.
I'm going up to the local pool tomorrow and getting a year's membership to swim to lose weight.

I'm going to work on getting my Smash skill up. Because I'm going to beat the top players.

It's time for Backgammon to kick some ass. It's my time now.

I feel like I need to thank two people on this forum in particular actually, @Kaye Cruiser and @ Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal .
Their words were a few of the main ones that helped spur this change on.

Mr. Happy :)

Smash Cadet
College started back up today, and in my first match after class I hit a fox with a Roy counter on dreamland for a ceiling glitch kill.

I couldn't be happier

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Hopefully it was sittin' around 90+ degrees wherever you did it. At least that way, it'd be more like a nice cold shower than a horrible torrent of frozen water.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It was around 85-ish outside, so it was enough to make me feel yucky. I actually had to do it a second time because my phone failed to save the first cut due to lack of space in my phone's memory. As a result, I still feel vestiges of the cold, which is something I'm content with to be quite honest.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Life is just amazing right now. I was invited to the Toy Box Summit as a Disney Infinity Artist, making connections for life, enjoying amazing luxuries, and appreciate everything around me. Im listening to awesome music all day long and I just wanna sing and dance all the time! Yes yes, life is happy! Life is amazing! :bluejump:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Unreasonably happy about the fact I got placed in Silver IV for provisionals
I have been playing League for 2 years now. Avoided ranked. TANKED my provisionals with @HondaFoo (IM SORRY I PLAYED ON TILT BROSKI)

and yet
Silver IV.

woooo

edit: (no seriously we thought i was going to get bronze. we lost 5 in a row. 5. at that point we were just cracking up and playing in desperation)

NOW TIME TO GO FOR GOLD

Last edited:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I finally beat Spelunky! It took 38 hours and ~400 attempts, but I got finally past Olmec. Now I just need to do everything else. Back in I go
:happysheep:

Top Bottom