• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My old computer was slow as hell. Slow, took long to load, lagged on pages with just two gifs or more, could hardly play Minecraft (or any game for that matter, online or flash) and I couldn't even update to 1.7 because it was so laggy it was literally unplayable. Lastly, the CD writer didn't work anymore.

But I got a new computer for Christmas! (I needed a new desk and chair as well, and I got those as well) this one runs fast in any case, so now I can finally properly enjoy Minecraft and other games, so I won't have to worry about overly long freezes occurring fairly often and pages lagging just because of a few gifs anymore. It's definitely my favorite gift this Christmas.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
I met this girl a few months ago at college, and we became great friends.

Now we're dating, and I couldn't be happier. This is the kind of girl that you settle down with; I really hope it works out that way. She's everything I could ever want, and I dare say she's the first girl who actually loves me for who I am and not who I wish I was or should be.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I met this girl a few months ago at college, and we became great friends.

Now we're dating, and I couldn't be happier. This is the kind of girl that you settle down with; I really hope it works out that way. She's everything I could ever want, and I dare say she's the first girl who actually loves me for who I am and not who I wish I was or should be.
Your Avatar is just perfect for this Thread. XD

In all seriousness, though, I hope things work out for you two. Everyone deserves someone else. :)

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Your Avatar is just perfect for this Thread. XD

In all seriousness, though, I hope things work out for you two. Everyone deserves someone else. :)
Thank you :) I still have no idea what I want to do with my life, but it doesn't seem to matter when I'm with her. Everything else just slips away.
I get to see her again tomorrow, so I'm really excited.

In other news, I started Mass Effect 1 for the first time - recommended to me by my cousin - and I'm loving it.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Finally got a major picked out, and life in general's seeming a lot more fun nowadays.
I like that there's a thread like this.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Finally got a major picked out, and life in general's seeming a lot more fun nowadays.
I like that there's a thread like this.
Awesome! I should get on that.. I do have some time left, though.

Spent time with my girl the other day, and it was amazing. Also, I finished Mass Effect 1, which I really liked, and I'm going to start Mass Effect 2 this week.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Wish me luck. My Wii U returned on Saturday from Nintendo, oddly the engineer couldn't find any issue with it so I've been testing it out and so far so good. I'm intending to continue with my exercise regiment with Wii Fit U.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Saw my girl today - just perfect. Just having someone that actually cares about you feels really nice, unlike my past relationships. Even Though I may not be in love with her, though God knows I really want to be, I do love her with all of my heart.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I now have a boyfriend, and I can say with absolute certainty that we are GREAT together. We have so much in common and he's the first person that I've ever really opened up to that wasn't family. It's also my first relationship, so yeah. :)

Also, I'm male. :p

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I now have a boyfriend, and I can say with absolute certainty that we are GREAT together. We have so much in common and he's the first person that I've ever really opened up to that wasn't family. It's also my first relationship, so yeah. :)

Also, I'm male. :p
Things like this give me hope, lol.

I hope it works out well for you.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I'm preparing for my first overseas trip!!! Me and my sister are going on a tour of South East Asia in late February to March.
The only concern right now is Thailand; if you're not already aware there is a government protest occurring in the south. I'll be following up with the tour group company on the safety of the tourists but apart from that I'm very excited.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Just registered in Smashboards and found this thread! :D
Also I had an awesome day with my girlfriend and this last year in college looks great!

WOW!! I wish you the best of luck! Really! :D
welcome to the site c:

thanks so much! its a longshot, but i have decided i will work hard to get to Riot

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
G'day and welcome. :bluejump: What are you studying?
Thank you! I'm studying Digital Arts and Animation and plan to specialize in videogame design and development. Really loving it at the moment!

welcome to the site c:

thanks so much! its a longshot, but i have decided i will work hard to get to Riot
Thanks! I hope to see you in there in the near future! Remember "Believe in your strengths".

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Oooooo fellow game developer : O
whats your specialty?
Currently i am more into the art department, 3D modellin and graphics engineering. I really love all the technical process behind the rendering of an image. But I plan to to get deeper in game design on the future.
I'll be developing my final project on the course of this year so I'll have to work on all departments to pull off some good stuff.
What's your specialty?

Awesome. I want to do that myself but I have the annoying habit of procrastinating and losing focus easily
Yah... those both are some bad habits... Don't worry, i haven't got over those completely even to this day... When you find a way to get rid of them please share the secret! I have found that sometimes meditating can solve a little of that problem.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Yah... those both are some bad habits... Don't worry, i haven't got over those completely even to this day... When you find a way to get rid of them please share the secret! I have found that sometimes meditating can solve a little of that problem.
I find that doing math problems helps a bit for me, especially when I'm doing my job. ^^; While I do lose focus after some time for some reason I tend to fixate on maths, being mathematically inclined. Without meaning to boast I've been able to formulate a general equation for calculating the odds of winning the lottery, and most recently I've discovered a pattern in finding cubed numbers from adding certain square numbers, both at work in different times.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
yaaaay 3D

im a concept artist. i plan on doing concept art or illustration when i get out of school. i can also do texture work...and 3d stuff if im desperate (not the best....too busy conceptin')

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
@ Chris Sifniotis Chris Sifniotis Awesome! I love Math! I'm not that much into it, but I surely enjoy reading about it. I almost study Mathematics for that reason. But I went more to the digital arts after some thinking. And what you did, I don't have a clue how you did it, but I think it is awesome! Maybe you could be interested in Computer Graphics. I mean engineering wise, there is a LOT of math behind, especially when using optical principles and formulas and it is one of the most soliciting jobs in the videogame world.

@ Chronodiver Lokii Chronodiver Lokii That's so cool! You got a site where I could see some of your work? I bet it is some great stuff!

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Yea, I'm pretty sure I heart math too much. ^^; I do digital arts too but as more of a hobby, I'm hoping to start selling this year in fact. I'd like to get into Computer Graphics and used to want to work for gaming companies when I was younger, I've since learned that I'm more of an idea guy - I like to come up with great ideas but don't like doing the work. :laugh:

I'm learning how to mod a couple of games on the side but my head tends to explode a lot. ^^;

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, here is my tumblr (well, tumblr tagged with my work)

link to my professional website is somewhere on there as well lol

edit:

buying my pass for GDC very soon
i am so excited i dont even
i get to see all of these awesome studios and talk to developers and go to the career fairs and stuff omg this is great

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Just watched the Smash Brothers documentary on youtube and it pretty much reaffirmed my [slightly biased ♥] opinion that Smash's community is pretty amazing.

Oh yeah, and friend just got back from a trip so yay for 4 player Project M and Super Mario 3D World. c:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got a full 20/20 marks on my Environmental Science paper. Considering how I hated that subject, it seems like a miracle.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Global Game Jam is happening.
i should post pictures; we made a freaking hide out in a hallway and its super cool

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
I sprited myself a new avatar that's a little more relevant to Smash Boards! The style's really weird, I didn't go in with a plan so that's how it turned out. O_o

FearTheTree

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6153-4921
Just wrote an awesome 24 bar on the instrumental for Tom Ford - Jay-Z. My friend's getting in on it too gonna make a song!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Got a 3-month-old kitten today. She's a black cat (not sure about the breed, but it's probably a domestic shorthair). We named her Jiji, after the cat from "Kiki's Delivery Service". While yes, Jiji is male in the movie in the English version, the cat is female in the Japanese version, so it still works.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Finally gonna be a productive adult and go to the grocery store with my roommate
and im gonna look super cute doin' it.
Finally wearing new clothes that I got for christmas since it is not currently 2 degrees out. Heck yes.

D20

Smash Lord
I just got accepted into a PhD program! So excited... here's to staying in college forever!

Lokii! Hi. Are you still in Pittsburgh? Or did you graduate?

Top Bottom