• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
He reminds me of a high-res N64 cutscene.

Not that that's bad or anything, but the way his face is structured just screams it to me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I'm finding more interesting things from this japanese guy it seems japanese might prefer more third party characters then minor Nintendo characters.
I'm quoting him on this:

_Falgor_
#IsaacForSmash+GS4 1 point 22 hours ago
That is surprising. Does that mean Japanese would like even more third party characters now?

• SurvivorZerg[S] 2 points 22 hours ago

It's up to Japanese fans. But I think many want to see third party very popular character rather than minor nintendo Characters. And nintendo already put all very popular nintendo character on Smash Bro long time ago. So, they want to see third very popular characters more.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Oh, surprised this wasn't shown in here hours ago, but yeah.

People are saying his face and eyes are off. I agree.
Seconded. It's not a bad render at all, but the whole head feels off to me. The eyes, mouth, hair, the whole thing. I also think the leather boots and gloves clashes too much with the plain jane blue outfit he has.

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
I'm finding more interesting things from this japanese guy it seems japanese might prefer more third party characters then minor Nintendo characters.
I'm quoting him on this:
_Falgor_#IsaacForSmash+GS4 1 point 22 hours ago
That is surprising. Does that mean Japanese would like even more third party characters now?

• SurvivorZerg[S] 2 points 22 hours ago

It's up to Japanese fans. But I think many want to see third party very popular character rather than minor nintendo Characters. And nintendo already put all very popular nintendo character on Smash Bro long time ago. So, they want to see third very popular characters more.
I wish it was more specific... like which third party characters. The Japanese have very interesting taste...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Seconded. It's not a bad render at all, but the whole head feels off to me. The eyes, mouth, hair, the whole thing. I also think the leather boots and gloves clashes too much with the plain jane blue outfit he has.
Imo, it looks like a Brawl and Smash 4 hybrid to me, both design and texture wise. It's not bad, but just "weird".

And here's the video for anyone interested.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Some of rhe users over on the Isaac thread have already tried fixing the weird looking face, mainly the eyes, and yeah I agree with what others have said about the face. But other than that it looks pretty good, and also this is actually their first fully 3d art they've done since starting Smashified.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Some of rhe users over on the Isaac thread have already tried fixing the weird looking face, mainly the eyes, and yeah I agree with what others have said about the face. But other than that it looks pretty good, and also this is actually their first fully 3d art they've done since starting Smashified.
Wasn't that Mother 4 one a 3D Model?

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who thinks that Isaac looks perfect in that render? It really reminds me of the Era he's from.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Okay, Shantae getting into Smash seems to unrealistic for something to be revealed at Nindies@Night, but Wayforward's recent twitter posts might mean a MSF 3 announcement.

please

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Okay, Shantae getting into Smash seems to unrealistic for something to be revealed at Nindies@Night, but Wayforward's recent twitter posts might mean a MSF 3 announcement.

please

Full teaser:

Clearly the WF devs are planning to open the MSF academy, where students learn how to kick babies to safety :troll:

Also, wasn't everyone talking about a possible Shantae animated series yesterday? I always though MSF would be best for that, since Patty Wagon has a pretty great voice and hilarious backstory for it.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Full teaser:

Clearly the WF devs are planning to open the MSF academy, where students learn how to kick babies to safety :troll:

Also, wasn't everyone talking about a possible Shantae animated series yesterday? I always though MSF would be best for that, since Patty Wagon has a pretty great voice and hilarious backstory for it.
Yeah, I always thought Patty and the Hooligan Sisters would be great for funny animated shorts.

I think Shantae would feel better as a Comic Book, in my opinion.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Full teaser:

Definitely wasn't expecting this for a sequel

and I could see both Shantae and MSF becoming two great animated series in the right hands, like MFS as a series of shorts like the recent Mickey Mouse shorts (probably a bit longer) and Shantae being a full 11-22 min Steven Universe-esque series

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I like the comic idea more, personally.

Especially considering how that, in Wayforward's case, it's much cheaper and less reliant on marketing, especially if it's a webcomic.

That, and they may have more control.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I thought Patty was a Robot. O is it like Futurama where they have unnecessary human features like reverse alcoholism?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I thought Patty was a Robot. O is it like Futurama where they have unnecessary human features like reverse alcoholism?
She is a robot. /spoilers.

But she can do "human" like things I believe, but at the end of the game, like Metroid style, she reveals she's a robot.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I like the comic idea more, personally.

Especially considering how that, in Wayforward's case, it's much cheaper and less reliant on marketing, especially if it's a webcomic.

That, and they may have more control.
Good points, but I don't think that just a webcomic would give Shantae as much attention as she deserves, nothing wrong with comics (I love the Super Mario Adventures comic), I would buy some Shantae comics if they were produced, and I know that Wayforward doesn't make as much as they deserve to, but if they had the resources and budget, I think an animated series would really let Shantae shine, heck I wouldn't even mind an animated web series, look how popular Bravest Warriors has gotten. Personally I'm just a bit more partial to this idea since some of the currently unmet stretch goals for Half-Genie Hero were full voice acting and animated cutscenes

Here are the confirmed characters so far for Super Mario Maker.

Is there somewhere that lists what amiibo unlocks the corresponding costumes on here? I can't find it on the amiibo website

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Good points, but I don't think that just a webcomic would give Shantae as much attention as she deserves, nothing wrong with comics (I love the Super Mario Adventures comic), I would buy some Shantae comics if they were produced, and I know that Wayforward doesn't make as much as they deserve to, but if they had the resources and budget, I think an animated series would really let Shantae shine, heck I wouldn't even mind an animated web series, look how popular Bravest Warriors has gotten. Personally I'm just a bit more partial to this idea since some of the currently unmet stretch goals for Half-Genie Hero were full voice acting and animated cutscenes

Is there somewhere that lists what amiibo unlocks the corresponding costumes on here? I can't find it on the amiibo website
All the costumes can be unlocked via completing a 100 Mario challenge as many as is required.

Some of them can be unlocked via Amiibo so you can play with them from the start.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Here are the confirmed characters so far for Super Mario Maker.

Frickin Slippy Toad but neither Dixie or K. Rool or any other Kong for that matter. There's Donkey Kong Jr though.

*sheds a tear over Pikachu and Charizard*

What could have been...

Edit: Well there's Samus at least. People can make their own Metroid games with this albiet with a 500 second time limit at max...there's two spots between Samus and the inkling squid, and I know number 60 is Zero Suit...if number 61 is Ridley I'm going to **** a brick.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Frickin Slippy Toad but neither Dixie or K. Rool or any other Kong for that matter. There's Donkey Kong Jr though.

What could have been...

Edit: Well there's Samus at least. People can make their own Metroid games with this albiet with a 500 second time limit at max...there's two spots between Samus and the inkling squid, and I know number 60 is Zero Suit...if number 61 is Ridley I'm going to **** a brick.
At least we have Waluigi.

And wouldn't it be hilarious if 40 was another 3rd party character?

There was a few extra edits, if you're replying.

i'm tired

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

What could have been...

Done by @Zem-raj

I'd **** bricks too.

At least we have Waluigi.

And wouldn't it be hilarious if 40 was another 3rd party character?

There was a few extra edits, if you're replying.

i'm tired
Ryu?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd probably be Ryu once the amiibos come out

So all of these costumes can be unlocked by playing the game? You don't need the amiibo, that having them will just unlock them automatically?
That's correct. You can unlock them all without having their amiibo, and some characters here don't have an amiibo but can be unlocked anyway. Having the amiibo just unlocks them from the start. The best way of going about it.

Top Bottom