• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion

This is why I love Wayforward and it's fans.

Matt's pretty awesome, I would love to work with him one day
Matt's like the Stan Lee of Wayforward, personally.

He's so involved and loves the company so much that you'd think he's the one running the show.

Until you remember "Tyrannical Overlord" Voldi Way. :p

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who feels that Shantae gets the most nonsensical arguments for why she shouldn't be in Smash, compared to other 3rd party characters in the ballot?

Last edited:

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who feels that Shantae gets the most nonsensical arguments for why she shouldn't be in Smash, compared to other 3rd party characters in the ballot?
Well that's what happens when a character becomes intensely popular in any kind of vote. Excuses, excuses.

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
Most popular voted character = target for threats

That's how it works, apparently.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Shantae is more suitable fap material than DLC material.

Just kidding.

She's only slightly better fap material than DLC material.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Calling it now:

>Nindies@Night is happening

>Wayforward reveals the new MSF game and some news about HGH

>They're interrupted by Damon and told that there's a surprise for them for their 25th anniversary

>Smash trailer happens

>Shantae is revealed

>Matt Bozon silently cries on stage

Last edited:

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
>Matt Bozon turns away from crowd

>John Cena intro music comes on

>Matt turns suddenly to rip open shirt with wrestler Shantae shirt underneath

>Because **** you that's why

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Calling it now:

>Nindies@Night is happening

>Wayforward reveals the new MSF game and some news about HGH

>They're interrupted by Damon and told that there's a surprise for them for their 25th anniversary

>Smash trailer happens

>Shantae is revealed

>Matt Bozon silently cries on stage
This would be amazing!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
The EMP Museum is one of the biggest pop-culture themed museums in America, and not to mention that Nindies@Night happens the day before PAX Prime.

Maybe something that big could be announced.

Who knows, especially with Shantae's mysterious absence in Runbow, which will most likely be the centerpiece for the event.

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Drew something again I longed to draw these 5 together for a while and one day I got to work and yes I know Mega Man looks awful (WHY IS HE SO HARD TO DRAW ?!) I personally call this piece "The Smash 5" and this was my 667th drawing hope you guys like it :)

Smash 5.png

Last edited:

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Drew something again I longed to draw these 5 together for a while and one day I got to work and yes I know Mega Man looks awful (WHY IS HE SO HARD TO DRAW ?!) I personally call this piece "The Smash 5" and this was my 667th drawing hope you guys like it :)

Very nice drawing. It would be so cool to see her up there with the big name third parties. I also love how you drew Mega Man. I'm still hoping for that robot & genie main combo.

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Very nice drawing. It would be so cool to see her up there with the big name third parties. I also love how you drew Mega Man. I'm still hoping for that robot & genie main combo.
Thanks I'm hoping she does making it in I hope that event brings some good news because Shantae getting in as a 25th anniversary gift to WayForward is perfect

D

Deleted member

This is type upsetting
Well, it is about the most supported characters in Japan. Shantae is known there, but definitely not as popular as we'd like her to be.

I don't think the page goes for world-wide votes in general, given it's a manual endeavor.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Vote Shantae for Smash.

Because Samus is getting lonely and needs a female protagonist buddy.

Also, because everyone else refuses to put up with her depressive episode caused by Federation Force.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well, it is about the most supported characters in Japan. Shantae is known there, but definitely not as popular as we'd like her to be.

I don't think the page goes for world-wide votes in general, given it's a manual endeavor.
Like I state in the article, it's only Japanese votes and I'm counting it manually. I haven't seen that many mentions of Shantae besides her appearing in Western poll data that's been translated into Japanese. I haven't really seen any support for her outright. I wouldn't except her to appear in the top 30 in the final results unless her support miraculously shoots up.

Shantae doesn't have a Japanese Wikipedia page, and is relatively unknown in Japan. I'm aware that Ko Takeuchi recently drew her, and Masuda is a fan. Her games haven't been localized yet, so she's still rather obscure. Not trying to hurt your guys' feelings or anything, just reporting back on what I've seen.

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Like I state in the article, it's only Japanese votes and I'm counting it manually. I haven't seen that many mentions of Shantae besides her appearing in Western poll data that's been translated into Japanese. I haven't really seen any support for her outright. I wouldn't except her to appear in the top 30 in the final results unless her support miraculously shoots up.

Shantae doesn't have a Japanese Wikipedia page, and is relatively unknown in Japan. I'm aware that Ko Takeuchi recently drew her, and Masuda is a fan. Her games haven't been localized yet, so she's still rather obscure. Not trying to hurt your guys' feelings or anything, just reporting back on what I've seen.
Thank you for taking the time to do this and for giving an honest report. We appreciate your services. But I'm very curious since the ballot is worldwide. It's not just in America and Japan. It makes me wonder how she is doing in other countries as well. People seem to neglect those countries but they could either love Shantae or not even know she exists.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Thank you for taking the time to do this and for giving an honest report. We appreciate your services. But I'm very curious since the ballot is worldwide. It's not just in America and Japan. It makes me wonder how she is doing in other countries as well. People seem to neglect those countries but they could either love Shantae or not even know she exists.
If you do the Wikipedia test, she at least has French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. So that means she has some popularity in Europe.

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
If you do the Wikipedia test, she at least has French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. So that means she has some popularity in Europe.
Sorry to bother you... but if you don't mind, how is Black Mage doing in Japan? He's my second most wanted...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sorry to bother you... but if you don't mind, how is Black Mage doing in Japan? He's my second most wanted...
Not that well either. Sorry. When I'm finished I'm only going to post the top 30 or so characters. Like I mentioned in the FAQ (At least I think I did...I need to go to sleep soon), I'm tracking over 250 characters, so there's a lot of characters. I'll get more into 3rd party candidates in the final article.

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Not that well either. Sorry. When I'm finished I'm only going to post the top 30 or so characters. Like I mentioned in the FAQ (At least I think I did...I need to go to sleep soon), I'm tracking over 250 characters, so there's a lot of characters. I'll get more into 3rd party candidates in the final article.
That's a real shame. You should get some some sleep though. And I hope who ever you're most wanted us gets in as well. This DLC train Isn't stopping no time soon. Thanks again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's definitely not the best news for us, but it's definitely a very appreciated effort you're going through. Many kudos from my end.

Looks just about as fake as it can get. No outline, and it's on a 3DS screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom