• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
After all of this support I've been seeing for Shantae across numerous sites, forums, etc., I'd be more surprised if she doesn't make it in some capacity, Guess we'll have to wait until the results from the ballot are in, in the meantime, keep on speculating!!

Last edited:

Mighty Minotaur

Smash Cadet

Thought I'd share this as well, skip to 1:06

Also I know this isn't related to Smash, but anyone else think Shantae should be the Nintendo exclusive boss battle for Shovel Knight?
The GTA 5 Smokey and the Bandit part right before 1:06 made me fall out of my chair.

100 pages hype! I may not post often, but believe me. I read everything you guys say. It really does give me faith in her chances of being in Smash 4! :D

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Woo! 100 pages! Let's keep this up! Keep on spreading Shantae support in whatever way y'all can!

Let's grant a wish! #Shantae4Smash #VoteForShantae

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I don't know why, but I think a Shantae racing game would be pretty cool.

How do you think that would work?

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Make it like Kirby's Air Ride and have them on magic carpets
There IS this weird list roaming twitter about upcoming Shantae games going to up 2030, one of them being a Shantae racing game on iOS and Shantae taking the "Zero" and "Legends" path that Mega Man did.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh that reminds me, I have another topic I'd like to talk about, I recently discussed this on Miiverse:
I find it interesting that Half Genie Hero has a currently unmet stretch goal of full voice acting, we already have Cristina Vee as the titular hero, so it makes me wonder what voice actors they would've picked for the rest of the Shantae cast, what do you guys think? I'd be more than happy to list my suggestions if you want

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Oh that reminds me, I have another topic I'd like to talk about, I recently discussed this on Miiverse:
I find it interesting that Half Genie Hero has a currently unmet stretch goal of full voice acting, we already have Cristina Vee as the titular hero, so it makes me wonder what voice actors they would've picked for the rest of the Shantae cast, what do you guys think? I'd be more than happy to list my suggestions if you want
Since I'm not very knowledgable on actors, I can't make one.

Okay, maybe Mike Pollock as Uncle Mimic.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't know why, but I always imagined Uncle Mimic sounding like Riki from Xenoblade, just deeper and not referring himself in the third person.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Christina Vee also does the voice of Risky Boots.

Mike Pollock is Uncle Mimic.

Tara Strong is Rottytops.

I've got nothing else.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here's the full list I have so far, I'll link their Behind the Voice Actors page so you can know who they are:
Risky Boots: Laura Post or Karen Strassman
Rottytops: Lauren Landa
Sky: Carrie Keranen
Bolo: Lucien Dodge or Yuri Lowenthal
Mimic: Charles Martinet
Abner Cadaver: Sean Schemmel or Kyle Hebert
Poe: Casey Robertson or Christopher Corey Smith
Squid Baron: Kirk Thronton or Scott Whyte
Ammo Baron: Patrick Seitz

I'm still trying to figure out Major Scuttlebutt, Barracuda Joe, the other barons, etc. (I'm trying to take into account actors who've worked with Cristina Vee before) If they show up again, I definitely want Twitch and Vinager (the girls from Saliva Island) to be voiced by Stephanie Komure and Stephanie Sheh (though I'm unsure which voice for who) and for Brandon/Bran-Son to be voiced by Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Here's the full list I have so far, I'll link their Behind the Voice Actors page so you can know who they are:
Risky Boots: Laura Post or Karen Strassman
Rottytops: Lauren Landa
Sky: Carrie Keranen
Bolo: Lucien Dodge or Yuri Lowenthal
Mimic: Charles Martinet
Abner Cadaver: Sean Schemmel or Kyle Hebert
Poe: Casey Robertson or Christopher Corey Smith
Squid Baron: Kirk Thronton or Scott Whyte
Ammo Baron: Patrick Seitz

I'm still trying to figure out Major Scuttlebutt, Barracuda Joe, the other barons, etc. (I'm trying to take into account actors who've worked with Cristina Vee before) If they show up again, I definitely want Twitch and Vinager (the girls from Saliva Island) to be voiced by Stephanie Komure and Stephanie Sheh (though I'm unsure which voice for who) and for Brandon/Bran-Son to be voiced by Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany

If only Mighty No. 9's kickstarter didn't start the day after Half-Genie Hero.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yacht Club Games was founded by ex-Wayforward staff, Jake Kaufman is the composer, not to mention Battletoads from Rare are Microsoft's boss for Shovel Knight
Shantae is not a Nintendo character, and if she were one, there are like 100 Nintendo characters more iconic than her.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Shantae is not a Nintendo character, and if she were one, there are like 100 Nintendo characters more iconic than her.
Not saying there aren't those directly from Nintendo that wouldn't fit, I'm just saying Shantae would be fitting since Yatch Club (the guys that made Shovel Knight) is made up of former Wayforward staff, besides can we really count Battletoads as Mircosoft characters?

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Not saying there aren't those directly from Nintendo that wouldn't fit, I'm just saying Shantae would be fitting since Yatch Club (the guys that made Shovel Knight) is made up of former Wayforward staff, besides can we really count Battletoads as Mircosoft characters?
Since Rare is owned by Microsoft, yes.

Speaking of that, that's freaking unfair. The studio made up of Wayforward staff who has so far made ONE GAME has gotten more popular than Wayforward themselves.

Does a black cat walk across the parking lot near Wayforward every morning?!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since Rare is owned by Microsoft, yes.
Fine, maybe Shantae could be a secret boss for all systems, while someone like Link or Samus could be the Nintendo exclusive

Speaking of which, why are they treating Banjo-Kazooie and Conker badly while Battletoads is getting more recognition lately?

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Fine, maybe Shantae could be a secret boss for all systems, while someone like Link or Samus could be the Nintendo exclusive

Speaking of which, why are they treating Banjo-Kazooie and Conker badly while Battletoads is getting more recognition lately?
Battletoads was their first big creation.

And they're better

Top Bottom