• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If Rayman is added, I just hope that his in-game model is different from the trophy.

It just seems... Off to me. Am I the only one who thinks the model from 3 and onward worked better?
Honestly, this one look much better than the one used in the final game.

GP2

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else made a Mii Fighter of Shantae, and have used her on online Tourneys that allow Miis, along with my name as "Shantae4SB"?

Wait- Doesn't WFT's downB heal, or just make you stronger?

Or Ness/Luca's downB, which can be abused in Doubles if you have the right partner.
Also Luigi's down taunt exists

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If Rayman is added, I just hope that his in-game model's design is different from the trophy's.

It just seems... Off to me. Am I the only one who thinks the model from 3 and onward worked better?
Same, either his Rayman 3 design or something similar to the Smashified Rayman that was part of the faked leak a while ago

I actually created a moveset for him a while ago when I still wanted him in, but with how much Ubisoft has screwed over Nintendo, I can wait till the next Smash iteration for him if Ubisoft gets their act together

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If Rayman is added, I just hope that his in-game model's design is different from the trophy's.

No, you're not.

RaymanSnapshot2.png

Rayman3Trophy.gif

I doubt I'll ever seen R3 Rayman ever again in a 3D Rayman game...but I'll always prefer this one because it's my favorite.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I actually created a moveset for him a while ago when I still wanted him in, but with how much Ubisoft has screwed over Nintendo, I can wait till the next Smash iteration for him if Ubisoft gets their act together
Apologizes for derailing the thread, but I want to bring this up. Now I'm not the biggest fan of how Ubisoft is acting (the Ubisoft in my username represents the company I once loved). But Ubisoft have developed more games for the Wii U then Capcom and Namco, and Nintendo still considers them a big partner. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-will-announce-more-third-party-support-fo/1100-6428043/

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I might get some hate, but on top of Shantae as a Smash newcomer, I think Shovel Knight should be a Mii Swordfighter costume (other ideas: Gunners-Quote (Cave Story), Max (Mighty Mudds) Patricia Wagon (Mighty Switch Force); Brawlers-Rusty (Steam World), Commander Video (Bit Trip: Runner))

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Apologizes for derailing the thread, but I want to bring this up. Now I'm not the biggest fan of how Ubisoft is acting (the Ubisoft in my username represents the company I once loved). But Ubisoft have developed more games for the Wii U then Capcom and Namco, and Nintendo still considers them a big partner. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-will-announce-more-third-party-support-fo/1100-6428043/
I guess, sorry, I'm still upset with how they're acting now, but concerning Rayman for Smash, I guess I'm more or less still a bit bitter about what went down with Rayman Legends,

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
I don't know, for some reason that healing taunt bugs me... I don't know why.
Well I did say those super secret taunts were just an idea. Its cool if you don't like it lol. Again though, it isn't overpowered as Shantae has to do THREE dance animations which have to be timed. No way to do it any quicker. But I hope y'all like the ideas in the moveset.

And Robin has basically a GRAB that heals him/her a lot plus does damage.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I might get some hate, but on top of Shantae as a Smash newcomer, I think Shovel Knight should be a Mii Swordfighter costume (other ideas: Gunners-Quote (Cave Story), Max (Mighty Mudds); Brawlers-Rusty (Steam World), Commander Video (Bit Trip: Runner))
just costumes.

Nintendo already puts some of them in the spotlight too much already.

Actually, now that you mention it, a "Nindie" pack for Smash does seem like a great idea. Shantae is added as a fighter, and those costumes are made as well.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well I did say those super secret taunts were just an idea. Its cool if you don't like it lol. Again though, it isn't overpowered as Shantae has to do THREE dance animations which have to be timed. No way to do it any quicker. But I hope y'all like the ideas in the moveset.
I could see this a lot of this working for her in Smash and I appreciate all the work and detail you put in, I think you did a great job, and if you have the time, I would really appreciate some feedback on my ideas for Shantae in Smash if you don't mind, it should be on page 87 of this thread

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
I could see this a lot of this working for her in Smash and I appreciate all the work and detail you put in, I think you did a great job, and if you have the time, I would really appreciate some feedback on my ideas for Shantae in Smash if you don't mind, it should be on page 87 of this thread
Page 87? Ok I'll check it out. And thanks!

EDIT: I looked and some of the ideas are cool, however, I'm completely against Pirate Equipment in her moveset(if she gets in and uses pirate equipment cool but not what I would have done lol). Transformations as her Smash attacks is a cool idea that could actually work but I wouldn't do her neutral special as more transformations. Just the way it works doesn't seem very practical but who knows. Plus, I've stated in my ideas that transformations are generally used for exploring the environment while using her hair and magic items for combat. I do like that your moveset uses Shantae's hair more than most of the moveset ideas I've seen. Keep up the support my friend!

Last edited:

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Actually, now that you mention it, a "Nindie" pack for Smash does seem like a great idea. Shantae is added as a fighter, and those costumes are made as well.
Send this idea to Sakurai... like right now! That would be such an awesome idea and everyone would love it!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Page 87? Ok I'll check it out. And thanks!

EDIT: I looked and some of the ideas are cool, however, I'm completely against Pirate Equipment in her moveset(if she gets in and uses pirate equipment cool but not what I would have done lol). Transformations as her Smash attacks is a cool idea that could actually work but I wouldn't do her neutral special as more transformations. Just the way it works doesn't seem very practical but who knows. Plus, I've stated in my ideas that transformations are generally used for exploring the environment while using her hair and magic items for combat. I do like that your moveset uses Shantae's hair more than most of the moveset ideas I've seen. Keep up the support my friend!
Thanks for the feedback, this was my attempt to create a moveset to please most if not all fans, especially those who liked the Pirate Equipment from Pirate's Curse (which is why I kept it mostly restricted to custom moves,which I do feel will happen in the future for DLC characters, I had a different down throw for her at first, her using the Flamethrower, but thought that would be too similar to Charizard and thought it would've been a unique way of ultitizing the Scimitar instead of a Toon Link styled down air, I'm thinking about changing it back though) and I thought the convenient transformation mechanic in Risky's Revenge worked well which was what I was going with for the Neutral Special, with the Monkey Bullet allowing easy dodging as well as crossing the stage while doing some good damage (something like the Fox Illusion), the Elephant Charge being a heavy dash with less distance but high KO power, while the Mermaid Bubble allowing multiple projectiles to attack opponents at any distance and rack up damage (similar to how Nega-Shantae used it in the final boss of Risky's Revenge), I know that the transformations are mostly used for exploring, but I just feel that they are too much of a staple of the series to be left out. Sorry if it sounds like I'm disregarding your opinion, I'm honestly not trying to sound like I am, I'm just trying to explain my reasonings for the decisions I made, but I really appreciate that you took the time to look it over and give your thoughts, Thank you very much.
Also if you don't mind me asking, what're your thoughts on everything else I listed for Shantae other than her moveset, like stage, music, etc.?

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Thanks for the feedback, this was my attempt to create a moveset to please most if not all fans, especially those who liked the Pirate Equipment from Pirate's Curse (which is why I kept it mostly restricted to custom moves,which I do feel will happen in the future for DLC characters, I had a different down throw for her at first, her using the Flamethrower, but thought that would be too similar to Charizard and thought it would've been a unique way of ultitizing the Scimitar instead of a Toon Link styled down air, I'm thinking about changing it back though) and I thought the convenient transformation mechanic in Risky's Revenge worked well which was what I was going with for the Neutral Special, with the Monkey Bullet allowing easy dodging as well as crossing the stage while doing some good damage (something like the Fox Illusion), the Elephant Charge being a heavy dash with less distance but high KO power, while the Mermaid Bubble allowing multiple projectiles to attack opponents at any distance and rack up damage (similar to how Nega-Shantae used it in the final boss of Risky's Revenge), I know that the transformations are mostly used for exploring, but I just feel that they are too much of a staple of the series to be left out. Sorry if it sounds like I'm disregarding your opinion, I'm honestly not trying to sound like I am, I'm just trying to explain my reasonings for the decisions I made, but I really appreciate that you took the time to look it over and give your thoughts, Thank you very much.
Also if you don't mind me asking, what're your thoughts on everything else I listed for Shantae other than her moveset, like stage, music, etc.?
Nah I'm not mad at all. Actually I've enjoyed talking to ya about this! You're pretty mature and we're just sharing opinions. I understand you trying to please all the fans but I'm just thinking we need to show who Shantae really is, which is a half-genie. After all, Half-Genie Hero is coming out next and Shantae will not be using Pirate Equipment. More than likely Risky will. Now if DLC characters get extra specials then sure, I can see Pirate Equipment being alternates. Well hopefully she gets in. Then we can see what her offcial moveset will be!
Also I like your stage idea, and most certainly the music selection is AWESOME!

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
You guys should look up #Shantaeforsmash on Twitter. Lots of cool fans there. I've also noticed Miiverese taking a liking to her as well. They post a lot of cool artworks of her. They get a lot of likes as well. I think YouTube has a few Shantae fans also. I'd say she is pretty well received at this point. Let's hope she gets in top 20-10 for the ballot. Maybe, Sakurai will consider her if she's up there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom