• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
That's actually how I discovered her too.

Thank you. :)
Same here!

I'd like to take this time to thank you all, by the way! I purchased Pirate's Curse yesterday, and it's Ridiculously fun! I absolutely LOVE the gameplay, the dialogue, and all of the unique and interesting level designs! ( I find it's a lot like Metroid, with elements of Zelda here and there.) Even though it was Nintendo Power that introduced me to the character, it was all of the love for Shantae around here that finally enticed me to buy the game. Thank you!

I now feel completely confident about Shantae being my number one realistic DLC choice. (even if she's still one behind Ridley otherwise)

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Same here!

I'd like to take this time to thank you all, by the way! I purchased Pirate's Curse yesterday, and it's Ridiculously fun! I absolutely LOVE the gameplay, the dialogue, and all of the unique and interesting level designs! ( I find it's a lot like Metroid, with elements of Zelda here and there.) Even though it was Nintendo Power that introduced me to the character, it was all of the love for Shantae around here that finally enticed me to buy the game. Thank you!

I now feel completely confident about Shantae being my number one realistic DLC choice. (even if she's still one behind Ridley otherwise)
This made me really happy. Glad you enjoyed it.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
If you look closely at the Ganon Final Smash in Brawl you can actually see that Gaonondorf himself is shrunk to invisibility while Ganon is a totally different entity. Amazing what a cloud of purple smoke hides. Also if you moveset hack Sonic you can see the "curled up" state is a seperate model/effect that's only visisble at certain times.

So there are workarounds available.
I'd like to add that there are similar transformations in Sm4sh, like the Mega Charizard or winged Yoshi Final Smashes; they're similar to how Shantae's transformations work in her own games, being a model swap and having just one or two moves. There are also large-scale swaps like Giga Bowser and Giga Mac that have models three times the size of the original and completely altered movesets, so Shantae's transformations would be pretty low-effort in comparison. They might even be workable into her moveset exactly as they were in her games as a dedicated dance special with button inputs, you never know. I want to believe

Last edited:

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
I'd like to add that there are similar transformations in Sm4sh, like the Mega Charizard or winged Yoshi Final Smashes; they're similar to how Shantae's transformations work in her own games, being a model swap and having just one or two moves. There are also large-scale swaps like Giga Bowser and Giga Mac that have models three times the size of the original and completely altered movesets, so Shantae's transformations would be pretty low-effort in comparison. They might even be workable into her moveset exactly as they were in her games as a dedicated dance special with button inputs, you never know. I want to believe
Like someone said earlier in the forums, it could be like Kirby's rock transformation where the models are swapped within the basic moveset.
Adding to that, if Zelda can summon Phantoms (that have their own model, their own animations and are the average fighter size) into the fray, it doesn't seem far-fetched for Shantae to transform (model swap) into an elephant or monkey mid battle for a lone second (whether it be for smash attacks or special attacks).

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Reminder that we're about 2 months away 'til the end.
And we're almost at 100 pages.

Are you hyped for Smash's biggest ****storm? I sure am.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Whoa, I remember when I had a Shantae support icon back in 2014 and there were only a few pages here, and now there are 91! The support has grown a lot and Shantae actually has a chance.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I saw that, that's why I got the link.

I wonder why it's still up tho

hmmmmmmmmmm

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys; it's Sakurai's birthday! :D (at least in Japan, anyways. It'll be his Birthday for me in 5 minutes).

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well if it's real
You can just take my money now, Sakurai :drshrug:
But I can certainly imagine other support threads getting a wee bit salty over Shantae
But that always happens with any character anyway so eh :drshrug:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Not to be rude, but that title seems clickbait-y as hell imo. Still, the fact that it's yet to be removed from IMDB will forever intrigue me...

The dream just might come true, boys. We'll have more Shantae pr0nz a fun character to play as, who I honestly hope will have her transformations in game.
C'mon Daddy Sakurai, you can fit Final Smash forms and other stuff, you can definitely fit at least one of her forms.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hope you guys wished Sakurai a Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Cristina Vee explained the situation.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
It seems she can't remove it.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I guess the the only thing we can do with this is hope that because of the NDA she is forced to deny and say things along these lines cause she can't spoil anything . and that its still up there not because of what she said(hopefully is a lie) but because its true, I doubt it though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rule of thumb, don't trust publicly editable sources with rumours.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Hope you guys wished Sakurai a Happy Birthday!

It's too early for me to want cake. drools

Didn't Wayforward already deconfirm the IMDb addition?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I more excited of what the reveal trailer of Shantae could be like if she's in.
I know that if there is a reveal trailer for Shantae then it woiuld be in the style and created by WayForward like how that Palutena anime reveal Smash trailer was done by the same people behind her "Food Fight" short.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I still think this would be the perfect concept, imo.

I have a similar idea, that also kindof like the Duck Hunt reveal.

It starts in a empty room, with a lone Game Boy Color (or 3DS) laying on the floor. It starts shaking, the screen lights up, and Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby (and maybe 1-2 other characters) pop out of the system.

They all happily group up, and are about to leave the room, until one of them notices that the GBC is still shaking. The system's screen starts flashing different colors, and begins to shake more and more violently, and then bursts, only for Shantae to suddenly be in the room, ready to battle!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I know that if there is a reveal trailer for Shantae then it woiuld be in the style and created by WayForward like how that Palutena anime reveal Smash trailer was done by the same people behind her "Food Fight" short.
I love that short.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I think the coolest thing ever would be a trailer that showed both K. Rool and Shantae, even though it looks like the dream for the guy is faltering.
Like, K. Rool and his crew go to pillage Scuttle Town, but get stopped by Risky's ship. A small battle starts from there, and while it seems that Risky's ship is on the verge of collapsing, they suddenly send out a hovering platform high above the enemy ship, and standing on that platform...
"Shantae is Ret-2-Go!"
A small sequence shows her transforming into an elephant, then dive-bombing right down into the enemy ship.
Then it'd show gameplay for both characters, and probably add in more poll-related chars/stages.

I dunno, that just sounds cool to me at the moment.

Lord Sturm

Smash Rookie

this is so ridiculous to make hate a charakter because she has some sex appeal.
to be honest smash 4 is already a sausage fest and i dont need any male charakters in this game anymore
we need more female representation in smash i dont care which it is but i would still prefer shantae because she is a protagonist and was a nintendo exclusive for a long time so why not?

i think this guy who opend this thread is:
1. afraid of attractive females or
2 gay

nothing to say anymore

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Even without the "fanservice", Shantae is still a fantastic series, and has been more enjoyable to me than some of gaming history's highly praised platformers.

I personally feel that Shantae has a very similar appeal to Powerpuff Girls (Sorry if I made you feel old), as it's a girl's series, without being a girl's series, if you catch my drift (Especially considering how many freaking Barbie games Matt Bozon has unfortunately worked on). The Shantae series are fun games for both genders, and Shantae's fun yet sassy personality makes her a very appealing character for both genders as well.

So yeah, if you think this franchise is only living off the allowance of thirsty 12-16 year old boys, shove off.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
With every moment it's still on IMDb and Christina is telling us it's fake, my heart is both simultaneously breaking and repatching itself with hope.:c

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuii6Gc-WTs You guys seen this? What's the verdict?
Sure sounds real, but that one titled ShanTaunt sure doesn't sound like Shantae if that's what it's supposed to be. But if it is Shantae I sure as hell don't mind.

Edit: Actually, listening to it now, and thinking about it now, this is obviously fake. The way Chom is pronounced sounds like an edited version of the way Xander says ROB

Edit2: Plus, there's no way Chrom is getting into Smash

Last edited:
Top Bottom