• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Yoshi Ditto Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Alright mateys, so we've had some trash talking going on, but not a lot of action. So now's the time to put your money where your mouth is.

That's right. I demand we find out who's really the best around these parts. There's only room here for one Alpha Dino, and there's only way to find out who it is.

A Giant Round Robin of Yoshi Dittos.

Now I know what you may be thinking. "But Delta, Round Robins take forever, we'd never finish ever!" But, could one truly be declared the cream of the crop, the leader of the pack, the Patron Saint of the Reptilian Order, without having crushes every fool who has dared to oppose him? NO. And therefore, this is a necessity. Those who are too weak and lack the endurance to go through the entire process will be promptly eliminated, and will no longer be contenders for TOP DINO.

Rules of Engagement

Naturally, competition must have RULES. If not, we are no better than swine! We cannot truly decide who is the superior breed of Yoshi unless we are all tested within the same conditions. Therefore, combat shall proceed as follows:
  1. Matches are to take place on Smash for Wii U.
    • If both players wish to play on the 3DS, they may, but if there is any disagreement, the match will take place on the Wii U version.
  2. Custom Moves are OFF.
  3. Items will be set to OFF and NONE.
  4. Matches will be Best of Three.
  5. Games will be 3 Stock, 9 Minutes.
      • In the event a game goes to time, winner of the game will be decided by whoever has the most stocks at the end. This should line up with the results screen.
      • In the event stocks are tied, the winner will be the player with the lower percent at the end of the game.
        • In the event stocks AND percent are tied, a 1 stock 3 minute rematch will be played to decide the winner of the game.
  6. Both players will play as Yoshi.
    • Disputes over colors are expected to be handled with class. We are not barbarians.

Match Progression
  1. Players will strike from the Starter Stage List to select the stage for the first game.
    • Striking order is 1-1.
  2. Loser of the first game will select the next stage from any stage on the stage list.
    • THERE ARE NO STAGE BANS. Our leader must be flexible enough to overcome all terrain.
  3. If necessary, loser of the second match will select the next stage from any stage on the stage list.
Stage List
Starters
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island: Melee (Omega) or Woolly World (Omega) <---- Highly recommended.

Counter Picks
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Halberd
  • Town and City
  • Wuhu Island
  • Duck Hunt
General Upkeep
  • Matches should be played according to schedule. You will have one week to play your matches once it's been assigned. Failure to do so will cause you to forfeit anything you haven't completed.
    • Repeated forfeiting will get you removed from the system. We don't want flakes!
    • Keep in mind that I want to be pretty lenient with this. As long as both members of an unplayed match have remained in contact with each other, and are still planning on playing out the match, I'm willing to accept late scores.
  • Friendly Trash Talk is accepted and encouraged. Emphasis on the friendly. Don't actually make people upset.
  • Have fun! My main goal with this is to have all the Yoshis get familiar with each other. Don't be a jerk!

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Registration
If you want to prove your worth, you're going to need to provide your NNID. Good ways to contact you are also helpful (Skype, Facebook, email, other messengers, etc.)

Registration will close next Saturday, 2/14, at 11:59PM Central Time (USA).

Competitors
  1. @ Delta-cod Delta-cod
    • NNID: Phikarp
  2. @ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush
    • NNID: SinisterSlush
  3. @ Nikes Nikes
    • NNID: AussieYoshi
  4. @ Regralht Regralht
    • NNID: Regralht
  5. @ Egg. Egg.
    • NNID: Cheep-Cheep
  6. @ Shadó Chimera / シャドーキメラ Shadó Chimera / シャドーキメラ
    • NNID: Shado_Chimera
  7. @Cook Kirby
    • NNID: LOLZRGUD2
  8. @ GSM_Dren GSM_Dren
    • NNID: Tenyearwarranty
  9. @ RaptorTEC RaptorTEC
    • NNID: RaptorTEC
  10. @ Scarlet Jile Scarlet Jile
    • NNID: ScarletJile
  11. @ Jei Jei Jei Jei (Overseas until March)
    • NNID: Jei_Soul
  12. @Professor Oats
    • NNID: Professor_Oats
  13. @AirJay
    • NNID: jordaniscold
  14. @1hipG33K
    • NNID:1hipG33K
  15. @Slice~
    • NNID: risuno
  16. @BSME/misc
    • NNID: jjp702
  17. @beethedesigner
    • NNID: smile1902
  18. @Meta_Yoshi
    • NNID: JrMtz87
  19. @Shadow_I)ragoon
    • NNID: SyNeaX
  20. @DustinxD
    • NNID: DustinxD
  21. @Jerry W
    • NNID: Jaydubious
  22. @DunkinDino
    • NNID: Mike0wner
3DS Competitors
  1. @ R ReturningFall
  2. @ Lukingordex Lukingordex
    • FC: 2251-6030-8323
  3. @jpkurihara
    • FC: 4227-1292-9283
  4. @beethedesigner
    • FC: 4570-7061-4596
    • 3DS NNID: beethedesigner
  5. @EarthRyno
    • FC: 1521-4637-2514
Wave 1 Schedule
You can find your matches for the first wave here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-great-yoshi-ditto-extravaganza.390396/page-3#post-18584770

Wave 2 Schedule

You can find your matches for the second wave here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-great-yoshi-ditto-extravaganza.390396/page-7#post-18639759

Spreadsheet of results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxZmXbtr-xWYhh3IxJar0XIR-ADgedExiB718ETdMNs/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Aren't you a little too old to be leading us, Gramps?
If I really wanted to, I could come on this and blow all you kids up. Never lost any of my skill, and still getting better. Plus, the old Yoshi pic is fat :(

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If I really wanted to, I could come on this and blow all you kids up. Never lost any of my skill, and still getting better. Plus, the old Yoshi pic is fat :(
Talk is cheap bruh. I know you're getting old and don't want to throw out your back taking on the new blood, so just admit you can't handle it anymore. Your time has come and gone!

Scatz

Smash Champion
Talk is cheap bruh. I know you're getting old and don't want to throw out your back taking on the new blood, so just admit you can't handle it anymore. Your time has come and gone!
You lucky I don't own a WiiU + Smash 4. I'd get on to bop you right now since you obviously let your aiming skills go to waste after MK ruled Brawl. "Respect your elders kid."

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You lucky I don't own a WiiU + Smash 4. I'd get on to bop you right now since you obviously let your aiming skills go to waste after MK ruled Brawl. "Respect your elders kid."
Last time an elder told someone to "Respect your elders" he got totally dumpstered. I'm sure you'd follow in his footsteps. :)

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
This threads gonna be filled with trashtalk , but I'm gonna clean up in here. And don't go forgetting that true Yoshi's wear Nike's :p

@ Nikes Nikes

NNID: AussieYoshi
Facebook: search me up

Scatz

Smash Champion
Last time an elder told someone to "Respect your elders" he got totally dumpstered. I'm sure you'd follow in his footsteps. :)
Naw. Difference was he took a bet that everyone knew was out of the question. I don't even have to think twice to know I'ma win.

@ Nikes Nikes , You know who started wearing the Nike shoes huh?

Edit: Cept for All Brawl. You got that LOL!

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Naw. Difference was he took a bet that everyone knew was out of the question. I don't even have to think twice to know I'ma win.

@ Nikes Nikes , You know who started wearing the Nike shoes huh?

Edit: Cept for All Brawl. You got that LOL!
Pretty sure he didn't think it was out of the question at the time. You two are sounding real similar right now.

@ Nikes Nikes "Search me up?" I searches Nikes and got the shoe company. You'll need to do better than that! Letting this name association carry you is WEAK.

@Paper Maribro I see you lurking! Get in here!

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
You know that old people that either injure their back or don't take care of their body are the ones that need back support?

As an oldy, I regularly work out and would still run laps over you. Don't take shoes that you can't fill in.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
You know that old people that either injure their back or don't take care of their body are the ones that need back support?

As an oldy, I regularly work out and would still run laps over you. Don't take shoes that you can't fill in.
Respect, but don't underestimate the youth you cranky folk are leaving the hands of the future with. I run for a living. -quite literally-
You may want to give those poor bones a rest. You can only move so fast with them, better not push yourself too far.
Still, keen to see if you can outspeed me.

@ Delta-cod Delta-cod
I'm gonna get splashed, ohnoes!

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
Ah, I see people are competing for second place.
Too bad first is too free.

NNID: Regralht

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
You guys are hilarious xD I'll probably just end up being the punching bag, but I've got to come out of my shell sometime, right?

NNID: Cheep-Cheep
I like fish don't judge D:

I also have a good capture card if you want me to chronicle these matches!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You guys are hilarious xD I'll probably just end up being the punching bag, but I've got to come out of my shell sometime, right?

NNID: Cheep-Cheep
I like fish don't judge D:

I also have a good capture card if you want me to chronicle these matches!
Moving in on my fish territory, huh? This transgression shall not go unpunished!

The capture card would be great to have! If people want and you're willing, I'd really encourage matches to be recorded, so we can all give advice point and laugh at the loser!

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward to our splash-off! I'll be sure to record matches then if everyone's okay with that, I could definitely use the constructive criticism.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Scheduling might not work out for all the matches, but I really encourage everyone to try to coordinate with you (or anyone else with a capture card) so we can record this momentous occasion!

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
Oh, I've got one too if you guys want any recorded.

I'll definitely be recording the beat-downs I'll be giving

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I can't wait

But honestly Everyones Yoshi > My Yoshi
In terms of ditto. So if you guys let an old Yoshi like me win against any of you, I'm beating you with my cane till you can't count to 10 properly.

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Well, I guess I need to take a rest from Ganondorf for a while and come back to the light side. Sign me up for some games.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Time to show that pink Yoshi is best Yoshi. I prefer playing on the 3ds if there is any takers :< otherwise I'm fine with WiiU.

NNID: Tenyearwarranty

Last edited:

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
I'm only a causal player, only have a 3ds and have next to zero experience in the Yoshi-Yoshi matchup, but I'd love to get in on any matches anyone is willing to play on 3ds.

Seriously, trash-talking dittos? Yoshi boards >>>> all other boards right now.

FC 1934-0989-6824 Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Im overseas until the beginning of March but would love to join. How much of a problem will this be?
NNID: Jei_Soul

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This sounds fun.

I'll not participate though since I live in the end of the world and it would probably have lag/input delay. (and also because I don't own a Wii U yet)

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Need the NNID tho. D= Decided to not be worthless and found it in your profile.

@ RaptorTEC RaptorTEC Give us ur Skype geez.
My Skype is scarlet_jile if you need it. Just let me know when this kicks off... I'm in a Ganon tournament on those boards, too, but I've actually never played a good Yoshi...

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm only a causal player, only have a 3ds and have next to zero experience in the Yoshi-Yoshi matchup, but I'd love to get in on any matches anyone is willing to play on 3ds.

Seriously, trash-talking dittos? Yoshi boards >>>> all other boards right now.

FC 1934-0989-6824 Let me know if you're interested.
I'll add you to the list and see if I can find you some matches!

Im overseas until the beginning of March but would love to join. How much of a problem will this be?
NNID: Jei_Soul
Do you not have Wii U access until then? I can add you to the list, but you'll have to make up some time when you're available. =P

This sounds fun.

I'll not participate though since I live in the end of the world and it would probably have lag/input delay. (and also because I don't own a Wii U yet)
I think @Slice~ played someone before, and had solid connection. Don't let your location hold you back!

@ Scarlet Jile Scarlet Jile The Skype is just to make sure it's easier to contact people so we can harrass them make sure they play their matches.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lukin dippin~ out like a scrub. Thought you had more guts than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom